Student Loans! 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have loans yet, as I am in community college right now and I want to stay debt free until I go to a four year. My brother keeps trying to make me get loans though, even though my financial aid covers my stuff.

That's what I meant when I said it "feels like a business".

Because if education costs weren't so high, they wouldn't be getting so much money from people paying back their loans. >>
This is why I disagree with the idea of education ever being put in the hands of a business.
It's something to vital to our society for people to be trying to profit on.

Like Medical Care, Roads etc that's something where we need to go "Fuck the Profit, we need to make sure this is quality and that everyone can use it".

This is why I disagree with the idea of education ever being put in the hands of a business.
It's something to vital to our society for people to be trying to profit on.

Like Medical Care, Roads etc that's something where we need to go "Fuck the Profit, we need to make sure this is quality and that everyone can use it".

Well, federal loans aren't technically a business, I don't think. It's a government-based system.

It just seems like it's acting like a business, which is the troubling part.

Well, federal loans aren't technically a business, I don't think. It's a government-based system.

It just seems like it's acting like a business, which is the troubling part.
Yes but the College's and Universities that the Loans are for are a Business.
Which is what the Loans are paying for in the first place.

Last edited:
Yes but the College's and Universities the Loans are for are a Business.
Which is what the Loans are paying for in the first place.

Mmm, true.

It's just the thought of the government side of it being business-like that sort of has an uneasy feel to it. :/

Mmm, true.

It's just the thought of the government side of it being business-like that sort of has an uneasy feel to it. :/
It does, making it seem like even the people responsible for the country care more about the cash than an educated society.

Status
Not open for further replies.