"Hello, my name is..."

Name:
Yu Ri Yun
Nation:
Commonwealth of Britannia
Second Lieutenant
Striker Unit:
Panavia Tornado
Yu Ri's Striker Unit does pretty much the same thing that the airplane it was modelled after does: low altitude combat. She's not the fastest, but she can fly at the lowest possible altitude and perform razor-sharp turns that would probably make any viewers go 'my god, stahp scaring me'. Of course, this dangerous style of flight may be less due to her Striker Unit and more due to her personality.

Weapons:
Yu Ri rarely, if ever, has a particular weapon that she uses, having memorized the basic usage of most of them. In her eyes, it is not the weapons that matter, but the user of those weapons. Thus, she brings with her whatever weapon she deems suitable for that particular fight. Usually, she can be seen sporting a machine gun or two, but Yu Ri is no stranger to rifles or missile launchers.

The only thing that stays consistent in regards to her arsenal is that she brings an icepick, for whatever reason.

Magical Ability:
Altitude Ace
The Panavia Tornado was designed for low-altitude strike missions. Why is that noteworthy? Because, funnily enough, Yu Ri's magical ability centers around rapidly descending and ascending. Capable of instantly turning ninety degrees upwards or downwards, Yu Ri can accelerate beyond the normal speeds of her Striker Unit, gaining more and more speed the longer she continues to rise. The only known limitation to this dramatic increase in speed is magical exhaustion and the possibility of blacking out, but Yu Ri's getting used to it all. Once she starts flying horizontally, though, her speed decays drastically, back to normal levels.

She has a variety of physical 'finishers' that she uses in accordance with Altitude Ace, from 'SPACE DROP' to 'TORNADO PAWNCH' to 'RISING DRAGON, POUNCING TIGER'.

Animal Familiar:
Panda. All things considered, her animal familiar is probably the only example left of this extinct species.

Personality:
Yu Ri Yun cares little for her life, valuing everyone else's over her own. This is not due to a cripplingly low self-esteem, nor is she particularly suicidal. Instead, it could be attributed to her obsession with being useful to others, a self-destructive selflessness that makes this pureblood Ming push herself to the limits for the sake of everyone other than herself. She has learned to enjoy her masochism, and pursues her duties in an almost hedonistic fashion. All those flashy, risky, injury-prone close-combat maneuvers she does? Solely to fill her appetite for pain. Solely to fill her need to be of use.

Off the battlefield, she's an unexpressive figure. Yu Ri is not cold or distant, but instead gives the impression of an airhead, someone who isn't exactly sure what she should be doing. If one was to ask for help, she'll spring into action, if only to use up her time. Her speech is soft and curt, and she rarely does anything other than reply to others. There are no particular hobbies that she's interested in doing, and everything she does is simply part of her routine. Extraordinarily punctual, her days move in a mechanical function, a well-oiled machine designed to make sure she has as little free time as possible. Most others see her as just a quiet busybody, someone who enjoys being taken advantage of. Few realize just how aimless a person Yu Ri is.

On off days, Yu Ri often goes to bars and pubs, alone. And, like a well-oiled machine, she will reappear in base at exactly 5 in the morning.

Bio/History:
How long does it take to forget a grudge? How long does it take to move on from the past? How long does it take to satisfy vengeance?

For those of the Yun, one of the few remaining pureblood Ming families left in the world, several generations of active military service were not enough to cool their hatred for the Neuroi. Spared from the destruction that resulted in the destruction of the Empire of Ming, the Yun immediately set out to fight against the aliens that destroyed their homeland. Becoming a military family of some prestige, each generation would pass down their vengeance to the next, training their children from an early age to become a hero of humanity, to ward off the alien threat.

And yet, despite all this, they merely acted as supports for the Strike Witches, and the Yun family were never blessed with a Witch of their own. It was an inferiority complex that hardened the hearts of Yu Ri's parents, and ever since she could understand the world she lived in, she was taught her path in life. She had a childhood of physical conditioning and accelerated learning. She had every choice chosen for her, and absolute obedience was burned into her. She was homeschooled, only interacting with others her age when her parents brought over cousins that were better than her in some way or the other.

It was a colorless life, and Yu Ri knew it. She could feel the weight of the Yun family's legacy on her shoulders, and it dragged down her spirit, until all that girl could feel was an abject sense of detachment from everything else.

When her aptitude as a Witch was revealed, her parents were, for once, ecstatic. For a single day, they were happy, and the whole family came together to celebrate.

After that, Yu Ri didn't see them for a long time. They shipped her off to a famous private military school in the Commonwealth of Britannia. Finally, she was away from her parent's influence, and found that she could make her own choices. She could choose when to sleep. What to eat. Who to talk to. How hard to work.

And yet, despite all those choices, she continued down the path that she was born into. Her parents rarely sent letters, and when they did, it was all about whether or not she was at the top of her class. Yu Ri never replied. She could not think of any words to write back to them.

Instead, she focused whole-heartedly on her training, practicing day and night to master the magical abilities dwelling within her. Fellow students originally attracted to her 'cool attitude' and her 'intelligence' were quickly pushed away by her single-minded obsession with doing her best, by herself. Her body became accustom to the stress that was put on it every time she ascended or descended rapidly. Her shielding magic improved and improved, to accommodate for her habit of smashing into others during mock battles. She learned to suppress the lurching of her stomach whenever she made sharp turns.

She learned so much, but by the time Yu Ri graduated from military academy, she realized that everything she learned didn't tell her what she should do next. The teenager had nothing at all that she enjoyed, only a purpose that wasn't her own. All she could see was a colorless world, and all she could feel was a hole in her being.

Thankfully, it was a military academy, and, through the recommendations of her teachers, she could live without choosing once more. A month passed, as she filled her hole with temporary things, wasting time and ignoring her mail, before a military officer paid her a visit.

He spoke of the tragedy that befell the 1st​ Fleet, before offering her a position.

Yu Ri found herself as a Second Lieutenant, assigned to serve in the Super Carrier, Von Braun to fight over a cause she had been shackled to since birth.

Misc:
Yu Ri has a very soft voice, like dewdrops before daybreak.
She rarely smiles, and most instances of that are when's she's flying.
Her theme songs are Fallen and This Silence is Mine.​

Last edited:
Alright List updated and I think we're just about ready to get started. I think we have enough people, and while I would like to see more land witches since the sky roster is full, I'm fine with what we got right now. Before we start, everyone is done or pretty much done with their CS right?

Am done and ready to go.

All ready here.

Having a hard time writing up my background, mostly due to my limited knowledge. Will probably have to watch a few episodes since the wiki leaves little to work with...

Yeah, ready to go here as well. Just sick, but unless this is a hypersonic RP, it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah. I'll try to get it started this week. I don't expect the pace to be that fast as well.

Reactions: TheGDeer
This a general message that I will be copying and pasting through the threads I'm part of cause I'm lazy! XD

No but really, bad news... or good news... whatever! I'm moving to the States! This was due to some very sudden and expectant personal stuff happening, and oh boy did that just blindside me! Thus, I will not be able to post for awhile. From packing, the big move, ect, I will not be consitantly on nor do I know for how long I will be out.

Now then, for my beloved Strike Witches RP! Gosh oh gosh am I really sad to be unable to GM this for some time! I really was looking forward to this..... I leave it to you guys if you want to continue the idea of the thread or just leave it be until I return. If you do decide to start it up, feel absolutely free to use the assets I have created for this RP, including the characters! (Just let me have my characters back when I return ;) ). Once again, I am quite sorry I was unable to see this through. Best of luck to you all.

Cheers!

-Squadron Leader Constantia Harvey.

Good luck with the move. I hope it all works out for you.

I, for one, will wait for you to get back.

And I'll echo the best wishes. Good luck with the move, hope everything goes well for you.

Cool, cool. Don't suppose there's a time-frame in which this thread would be resurrected?

It's a shame, sorta, but hey, hopefully most of us will still be around when you get back. Have fun with your new place~

And don't get shot. That'd be awkward and bad.

Oh cook, you'll like the states... probably...

Yeah I'll wait.

Just a bump so this doesn't go into the Graveyard just yet. Think there's still some lingering interest around, though I apologize in advance for those who think it's a GM announcement or if this was intended to lay dead.

Hello my beloved Strike Witches RP! I am back from my leave of absence and boy, let me tell you. Those yanks do have quite the immigration process, by god.

But yes, indeed I have returned! Though I do come baring some bad news. You see, over my prolonged absence, I have lost the drive to GM this RP when I returned. I may, or should I say, will return to this idea. Just for now, I really don't have anything going in my mind nor the will to really continue this RP.

However, if the will and way returns, I will contact you all to see if your interested! Until then, cheers!

• Thank You
Reactions: R-9 Pilot
Cheers. Have a good one in the US.

Thanks for the update on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.