Strife

Lauren snorted at Logan's complaint that she'd "hurt" his knee. The old man needed to exercise more often; this wasn't your run-of-the-mill surrender. She'd fuck him over and disarm him quicker than he could say chicken if she wanted to. Lauren pulled her newly acquired bag closer to her body, eyes burning with fury as Jay regarded her as a "problem" when he already knew who she was and the bounty she had on her head. It was dehumanizing that he'd find amusement in harassing her because she was a criminal.

"Keep talking, pretty boy. I'll bust you lip for it," she growled. Her fingers itched to grab her gun tucked safely away beneath her dusty brown jacket. It was concealed greatly into her earthy toned clothing that helped her blend in where she could. Lauren didn't have time to sit and chat. She heaved her new bag up on her shoulder again and stood up straight. Her irritation shot sky high when she heard a young voice pipe up that she'd stolen the black bag hanging on her shoulders- right in front of Logan and Jay Kennedy.

Lauren immediately turned to face the young woman, ready to punch the daylights out of the women for saying something smart, however, her bag swung a bit too hard towards the woman's face. Lauren craned her neck over her bag and noticed an extremely short woman, all doe-eyed at her recent find and an assumption maker too. Lauren scoffed at the young lady and flipped her hair. She straightened her jacket and side eyed Jay, the owner of the town and a notorious settler of disputes, or so she heard.

"Plainly put, I hurt the old man's knee by running away from him. He was chasing after me- it was his choice to chase after me, therefore, his choice to hurt his knee. Plain and simple."

She glanced around for the timid woman she'd seen before. The lady wasn't here; a shame. She'd get into the woman's mind, if she could, though it seemed that wouldn't be for a while. It appeared some of the patrons had heard the tiny woman's fascination- Lauren stealing a black bag from the Providence van- and Lauren was now being stared at in suspicion and a sense of wariness. Her lack of friends wasn't new though; she was used to being the small fish in the community who fought hard for her own survival.

"Listen, no one wants me here. So, I'm going to make it easy on everyone and leave."

Lauren took a few step backs before turning and heading towards the door.

@TheQueensGuard @ItariChan

~~Mona Twist~~

Seeing the masked guy do the little finger flutter, Mona got absolutely ecstatic and mimicked the motion. "Aw hell yeah! Das right mask dude. You're the bomb." She punched him in the shoulder lightly before turning to pay attention to whatever Lyra was saying, the girl really seemed distracted and distraught that day. Most likely due to that Providence Van that Mona did not want to bring up because she figured it had something to do with her early awakening. "Hey, the further the better in my case, most of the nearest shops are void of electronics by now." As they started moving she remembered there was just one teeny tiny thing she was forgetting. "Oh right, my sleeping bag. Gotta stop by my home." This was likely the first time Nomad had seen the residential areas of Breez. Mona slid her fingers across the graffiti to try and mask which part of it opened the latch. Lyra, of course, knew it was none other than the pierced tongue of the punk girl but anyone else watching would have a hard time figuring that out.

With her stuff for travel packed along with some rations and water she rejoined the group and slid her hand across the wall again locking her house as she left. Obviously, she left a note to her parents, though it was mostly a scribble saying 'gone out' rather than anything of use. "Alright, thanks for waiting, let's get going then." She had no trouble taking the lead and head of the party, even though no one asked her to. Since they were already in the metro line they may as well head a portion of the road to where they were going by the tunnel. It was more direct and easier to spot anyone sneaking up on them.

Kane
Breez
Mentions with @Snowflake snow @Sketching101 @The Wanderer

Kane watched from the shadows as the masked man took on a job with two others. They seemed to be friendly doing some kind of handshake that Kane didnt understand. The whole prospect of touching each other without a need made him wonder just how isolated he had become. While lost in thought his target or rather targets started to move. He overheard them say something about electronics. Kane smiled for he knew this area would most likely picked clean. He knew they'd have to venture outside of Breez to find what they were looking for.

He followed them as they walked through the crowd. Being raised as an assassin had its perks, like being able to be invisible in plain sight. He walked leisurly behind the group as the stopped off yo pick up supplies before wandering off. He continued to follow, sticking to every shadow he could yo avoid there gaze. Suddenly they reached a tunnel. Kane stayed still as he waited for them to venture far enough into the tunnel to where they wouldn't sense his magic.

He waited till were further in and called upon the shadows. "Shadow movement conceal" he said slighlty above a whisper so as not yo allow the sound to reverberate off the tunnel walls. He was then absorbed by the shadows and was concealled within the darkness. Kane continued to follow, as he did he focused on his targets, he had to. The cold bitter feeling from being inside a shadow was the same as being on a glacier. Good thing he knew this feeling well, he knew how to cope as he followed them further down the tunnel.

As the woman turned to face her, the Providence bag swung and hit Emrin square on the nose. She stumbled backward, "Ow! What was that for?!" She glared at the woman. Whatever was in the bag, was hard and heavy. Luckily though her nose was fine and not broken.

As the woman turned to leave, Emrin summoned her owl. There was no way she was going to just let her walk away like that. Her owl appeared and the two of them shared a look before he flew over to Lauren screeching and started pulling at her hair and scratching her arms when she defend herself. He flew up out of reach and got an unmistakable mischievous glint in his eye and unleashed his final move and promptly pooped in Lauren's hair.

"Well. I'll be honest I wasn't expecting that one."

Last edited:
Logan Russo
Morning
Breez Bar

@Kat @StareNation @Rads @ItariChan

The old man swirled the cup in his hand as he watched the liquor gently slosh around in the glass. He ignored the woman's taunting snort, instead focusing on rubbing his sore knee to provide some comfort.
He did muster a smirk when Jay was addressed as pretty boy.
"Pretty boy?"
The bartender frowned, repeating the insult before laughing it off. The door sound of the door opening once more caused Logan to glance over his shoulder at the newcomer, a girl he had seen around the city. She glanced over at Logan before heading up to the bar and handed Jay a wrapped bundle, probably the gun he needed fixed.
"I don't really need anything at the moment so just remember you owe me."
"Well thank you kiddo', I'll remember you helping me out."
Jay said, ever-so friendly as usual. The girl, likely noticing Logan watching their interaction, said "Busy morning." Logan plainly nodded, not wanting to dive into another conversation.

Another man entered the bar, a dog alongside him. Logan grumbled lowly too himself, before taking a drink of his whiskey."Too many damn people in a bar this early."

Jay gave the man a smile as he neared the bar. "Morning Doc, how could I help you?" The man reached into his back pocket and pulled out a bag of bottle caps. Placing them on the counter, he placed his order. "Three sandwiches, don't mind what they are, and a water please. Lastly a dog bowl that can hold some food and water."

Logan smirked, glancing over at Jay who's face went blank. Around town Jay was a notoriously bad cook, even a simply sandwich managed to taste off if Jay made it.
"Err, certainly sir. I'll see what I have in the back."
Jay pocketed the caps and disappeared into a back room. He was only gone for a few moments before returning with a try in his hands. A cup sat on the tray next to a plate with two tuna-fish sandwiches. Along side the meal for the man was two bowls. One filled with tuna and the other with water.

He sat the plate in front of the man, along with the glass of water before setting both bowls down alongside him.
"Enjoy!"
The bartender stepped towards the thief, once again giving the lady his most charming smile, awaiting to hear the story of how Logan hurt his knee.
As expected, the woman took no credit for hurting his knee. Instead she insisted on blaming him for it, saying it was his choice to chase her. Which, in turn, made Logan grumble out a quick, annoyed "Bullshit."

"Listen, no one wants me here. So, I'm going to make it easy on everyone and leave."
Kennedy took a step forward and called to the woman. "Nonsense, I'm sure we can find a place for you here! Just take a seat at the bar, I'll pour you a drink and we can talk this out."
He turned and headed back behind the bar, adding with a smile.
"Oh and I'm not asking."

Logan frowned and looked back at the thief. He worked hard to bring her in, and Jay was going to give her a drink! He glared at the woman as she left, having half a mind to throw the glass at her, but then he noticed the young girl. For whatever reason, she was holding her nose. It was a small motion, but one Logan had seen before. With a flick of her wrist, an owl seemed to emerge out of nowhere.

Logan sat up a bit straighter. The girl was a summoner! He had only met a handful of other summoners in his life, himself included. He couldn't suppress his laugh as the owl dived down onto the thief and pulled at her hair. Logans laugh grew louder when the owl took a shit on the girl, sitting out of reach up on the rafters above. His laughed died down into a cough as he covered his mouth.
His spit out a glob of saliva mixed with blood onto the ground, before wiping his mouth off. Surprisingly his smile held, him finding the owl attacking the woman hilarious.
"Damn Emrin, you actually made the old man laugh!"
Jay said with a smile, before glancing over at Lauren.
"Err, I mean damn it Emrin! Quit antagonizing this woman, we're trying to settle this dispute! Here, let me get you a towel to clean your hair."
He headed back into the backroom, yelling over his shoulder to Nissa.
"Hey Nis, you mind watching them to make sure no one kills each other?"
He peaked his head around the corner, adding.
"Oh, and the thief can't leave. Logan, shoot her if she does."

Lauren had hoped that she’d get the loose end of the leash. She’d prayed in silence that Jay would let her go and she’d be fine. A sudden flap and screech caught Lauren off guard. She turned around and right there, pulling at her hair and scratching at her hands was a bird of prey. Lauren growled and immediately pulled her pistol out on the bird. A slick piece of white liquid fell on top of Lauren’s head and without another thought, she took a clear shot at the bird’s right wing and another at its forehead. That would teach the damn bird not to fuck with her. The bar patrons had begun to snort and giggle at her unfortunate luck– even the sheriff was acting like a child.

“You’re all about this close to your heads being blown off,” she hissed at the crowd and aimed her pistol at everyone when Jays went to the back. Some people in the bar straightened up, immediately aware that Lauren wasn’t messing around. Others glared at Lauren and placed their hands inside their jackets where they had their own pistols hidden. Lauren’s steam was blowing off quick– faster than she would’ve liked– as she snatched up a handful of napkins nearby and wiped off what she could of the bird poop in her hair. Lauren’s pistol aimed at the young woman– shortie in town– next.

“–and you need to keep your nose out of other people’s shit. I’m feeling generous today, however, if you cross lines again with me, you won’t be so pretty next time.”

She eyed everyone and her irritation only flamed up when she saw there was still no sign of the woman.

“Someone tell me where that lady with the white hoodie went and I’ll spare this bar. I have a score to settle with Providence.”

No one said anything. She shot the roof.

“Now!” she snapped.

One of the patrons stood up and spoke in a shaky voice, “She went upstairs. There’s not much up there, so you should be able to find her easily.”

“Good,” Lauren responded with a small smile. “Your business is appreciated.”

Lauren dashed upstairs and within a few minutes, she found the woman hanging out in the tattoo parlor. Lauren slammed the door behind her and locked it before she pulled out her gun again, this time on the timid woman.

“What is your business here?”

@TheQueensGuard @ItariChan

• Love
Reactions: TheQueensGuard
~Ghost~
AM - Breez Bar

Nissa’s attention had been disrupted away from the other patrons arguing at the bar as Whistler let out an odd noise, half between a growl and a yip which she hadn’t heard in some time which had obscured the moment the thief had called Jay pretty boy amid a threat. Glancing to her side as another person approached the bar; her eyes cast a long look over the man and down to his side where another dog stood. She couldn’t help the small smile at the presence of another dog in the place, surely to piss Jay off somewhat more which was always fun to watch. The guy was tall, well built and obviously not from around Breez as evident when he made an open order for sandwiches from Jay. A loud chuckle erupted from Nissa as she looked back over to Jay with utter amusement. Whilst he disappeared in an attempt to find something to appease his new patron, Nissa swiveled around on the bar stool to pay further attention to the happenings of the bar and in particular Logan and his latest catch. The younger woman beside her was clutching at her face though before Nissa could say much more she turned back to see the tray of food Jay had managed to scrape together. Snickering as he set the tray in front of the guy beside her, Nissa nodded in the direction of his meal.
“Careful, I wouldn’t trust any kind of meal he serves you.”

The joke was shoved aside at the sound of screeches and Nissa’s eyes closed briefly as she inwardly groaned. She had simply wanted to come in and grab the package left for her, not stand around in a room full of noise. Though the entire sight of watching an owl take a flying shit on the thief was rather spectacular, the quickly roused tension was not comforting, nor was the following request from Jay to watch the rest of the patrons as he left the room.

“please tell me your joking!” Nissa protested as Jay disappeared out into the back of the bar. Rolling her eyes with a huff, Nissa sagged back onto the bar stool and began to slide around once more on the bar stool. The sound of gunfire followed and Nissa in habitual reaction slid promptly from the stool, kicking it out of the way as Whistler barked at the sudden burst of sound. Shooting someone in Breez was not on and neither were strongly suggestive threats in Nissa’s opinion and as the thief waved her gun about brashly, Nissa gestured at the other patrons in the bar who had gone for their own holsters.

“Don’t make this a scene you lot!” She warned as the thief continued to threaten the younger woman who had questioned her about the bag. Nissa looked to Logan as the thief continued to carry on about a lady with a white hoodie and fired another shot in the air. Whistler continued to bark at the noise whilst Nissa let out an exasperated sigh. If she had been armed with a gun of her own she would have been tempted to cap the lady though since it was Jay’s bar and Jay was head of the town she knew he was more than likely to reappear in a moment in pursuit of the thief.

“easy boy,” Nissa murmured soothingly at her dog while the thief left the bar and took off upstairs, Nissa flicking Logan a look.
“I’ll leave her to you and Jay since you two like chasing women around bars.”

She wasn’t entirely sure if the Owl was okay and worried about the other woman in the situation Nissa took a moment to walk over to her, a flat and calm tone coming from her as she gently asked, “hey...are you and your bird okay?”

----
@TheQueensGuard @ItariChan @Rads

Emrin let out a cry when Lauren shot at her owl. The first shot passed through his right wing as he flew up to the raftors. He immediately turned and began a dive back to Emrin as the second shot passed narrowly over his head. He flew into Emrin's arms and then held out his bleeding wing with an indignant expression as if to say, "Look what's happened to me!!" Emrin rolled her eyes, "Well maybe you shouldn't have pooped on her." She muttered under her breath. The bird gave a squawk that sounded more like an offended gasp, gave Emrin's braid a hard tug, and then disappeared in an angry huff.

There was a loud commotion as the crazy lady began shooting her gun, demanding to know where the woman from Providence. Emrin instinctively took cover behind the closest thing larger than herself - which happened to be Logan - before realizing who she was standing behind and stepping away from him. Emrin would be lying if she said she wasn't curious about why someone from Providence had come here in such a conspicuous van. She was also not brash enough to run around firing guns to find out who she was though.

"Hey...are you and your bird okay?" Emrin turned and faced the voice. Another woman who had been sitting at the bar had come over.

"We're both fine." She sighed grumpily. and inspected the blood that had gotten on her cloak "He blames me. Thinks it's my fault because if I knew his name he would've been able to knock her on her ass. I won't be able to summon him for a couple days but he'll be ok. Thanks for asking." She glared in the direction where the crazy lady had disappeared. Part of her wanted to chase her and give her a whack on the head with her staff. But Emrin wasn't stupid and knew that would most likely end in her getting shot so she resisted the urge. Instead, she turned to Jay, "Jay! Care to explain why you're hiding a woman from Providence upstairs?"

Rain's is in a pretty bad mood. He notices the women known as Nissa and looks at her for a few moments but for the time being, he decides to leave her alone. His ears are ringing and for a few minutes during this time he sits there to recover. When he finally recovers and takes the first bite of the sandwich, he can help but cringe because it just tastes bland. After a moment he puts it down 'this place is far too loud and the food is crap’ he thinks to himself.
' I know he's not a cook but I feel he really should learn some basic seasoning skills or hire someone that does know what they are doing so people don't have to eat crap flavorless food'. He decides to leave the sandwiches there no longer feeling hungry and gets up from the stool before he heads to where the fighting was.

He ignores the others, except Emrin who he reaches and says "Emrin I know you may not think it's a big deal, but just to be on the safe side I would like to clean you up and check for possible other injuries". As he waits for an answer he thinks over the situation at hand, ' If that really is the same tomboy Lyra from my past that has filled out hope she doesn't start up again, I don't need any more of this wild west bullshit before I have had something that's not bland, Nissa seems to be pretty skilled from the energy she gives off, however for some reason I get a slightly eerie feeling from her'. ‘I need to talk Lyra later but with that old man there it might be a little tricky'

ItariChan

Logan Russo
Morning
Breez Bar
Logan was taking the last sip of liquor in his glass when the thief started firing her gun. He flinched some at the sudden loud bang, spilling what little liquor was left onto his jacket.
He cursed under his breath and glanced at the woman as she waved a pistol around the bar. His hand itched to draw on her, put a bullet in her temple and an end her irritating ways. He knew better tho, the woman already had her gun drawn and had a crazy-enough look for Logan to not doubt her ability to shoot him. Plus, Jay would be pissed he killed someone in his bar.

Russo watched as the woman disappeared upstairs. He started reaching over the bar to grab the bottle of liquor to refill his glass, but paused as Nissa called over to him.
“I’ll leave her to you and Jay since you two like chasing women around bars.”
Logan scoffed and nodded, not moving from his seat as the gunsmith went to check on the young summoner. The old man was fine with the thief going to kill the Providence woman, he had no love for the city or it's people.
Plus, if the thief actually went through with killing the white robe then she'd be killed for murdering someone in Breez. He'd get to knock two birds out with one stone, and have a drink while the thief did all the work.

Jay emerged from the backroom, a scolding look as he looked around the room.
"Damn it Nissa! I told you to keep everyone in check, what the hell was that gunshot?"
He paused, his gaze shifting to Logan.
"What about you Logan? I told you to not let the thief leave, but I don't fuckin' see her!"
Taking a sip of his newly poured drink, Logan shrugged
"Technically she's still in the building. Just went upstairs to check on that Providence friend of yours."
"Shit. You have to go get her before she winds up killing the girl."
Logan didn't answer, nor did he move. He shot Jay a look of uncaring. Jay tossed the sheriff a pair of cuffs, adding.
"Trust me Logan, you'll want the Providence girl alive."
Logan frowned as he caught the cuffs. Something told him Jay wasn't exaggerating. The old man sighed and stood up from his stool, shot Jay one more annoyed glance and disappeared up the stairs.
Jay Kennedy
@StareNation @ItariChan @Rads

Jay relaxed some, letting out a relieved breath of air. Most of the patrons were clearing out, the only ones left in the bar, aside from himself, were Emrin, Nissa and Rain.
Jay just started to settle in his seat, when the young womans voice called out.
"Jay! Care to explain why you're hiding a woman from Providence upstairs?"
Jay scratched the side of his head, looking up at the girl.
"Well Emrin I wasn't just hiding her, I'm trying to help her."
He paused, motioning towards the stairs.
"Look, I'll explain everything when Logan gets back. For now lets just let the doctor check on you. Sound good?"
Jay took a glass from beneath the counter and started pouring him a drink, glancing up the stairs waiting for the outcome.

Logan Russo
@Kat

The old man reached the second floor, his pistol drawn as he made his way down a hallway. Most of the doors were ajar but at the end of the hall was a closed one. On the otherside of the door were the muffled voice of the thief, who was liking talking to the Providence woman.
Logan turned the handle but was stopped by the doors lock.
"Damn it woman, open the door."
He pushed on the door but it wouldn't budge. Putting his weight behind him, he rammed into the door. The door held, leaving Logan rubbing his shoulder. On the otherside of the door, he heard the white robe crying. "Oh fuck it."
Raising his pistol, he put a few rounds into he lock. Pushing the door open, Logan aimed his pistol at the thief.
"Lady, you're really starting to piss me off."
He glanced over at the Providence woman, a few tears falling down her face. She was young, probably around twenty years old. She was standing in the corner, her hands shaking as she glanced between the two guns in the room. He gritted his teeth, his gaze going back to the thief.
"Lets calm down. Everyone has a score to settle with Providence, but shooting this kid isn't going to settle it."
He shifted forward some.
"Lets all go downstairs and we can talk about this before you make another stupid mistake."

As the chaos in the bar settled to medium toned grumbling voices and shuffling stools, Whistler padded across the floor as Nissa moved only his nose trailed to the spots of blood that had hit the floor from the owl. Licking at the small specks the dog seemed somewhat delighted at his find though seemed to become somewhat oblivious to the fact that the owl has disappeared. Emrin had been pretty obvious in her show of magic ability though Nissa didn’t make a fuss over the topic, simply nodding with acknowledgement of what Emrin had replied with. She was somewhat worried about whether the woman was okay despite telling her that she was fine and soon enough the man who had ordered sandwiches was offering to take a better look.

“That’s probably a good idea.” Nissa agreed, taking the opportunity to turn back towards the bar, noticing that the other occupants had all cleared out with the exception of the few people who had become involved in the situation. It was the best thing in particular for Jay since less people in a bar while someone was running riot with a gun meant that it was far less likely that others were going to be injured or worse. Whilst Whistler continued his search for blood spatter to lap up, Jay’s voice sent a small feeling of tension rippling through Nissa as her jaw tightened.

"Damn it Nissa! I told you to keep everyone in check, what the hell was that gunshot?"

She understood Jay would be pissed, though naturally she was equally pissed at the idea that she was suddenly responsible for some other person she didn’t know and that someone was giving her orders.

“First of all, no one died…at least not yet and secondly it was your latest catch that decided to be stupid enough to go rogue in your bar!” Nissa replied curtly as she strode back across to the bar and picked the stool up from the ground before sliding back onto it. She had no intentions of entertaining whatever was about to occur upstairs as the less she knew about a murder the better her deniability would be. The following exchange between Jay and Emrin and then to Logan had prompted Nissa to wipe her hand restlessly across her right brow. All she had wanted to do today was collect what she was owed and start work on a new order. Now she was here listening to Jay explain that he was assisting someone from Providence. As he poured himself a drink Nissa watched him somewhat curiously. Something in her mind clicked over and her brow furrowed.

“So you are in cohorts with providence scum today. Please for the love of god tell me that isn’t connected to your requested favour.” She asked though whether she wanted his answer was another thing.

--
@ItariChan @Rads @TheQueensGuard

This is the End
collab between @Kat & @TheQueensGuard

All she did was cry. What kind of woman was she? It was a simple question. Lauren growled, her gun still pointed when she heard banging on the door. What a waste of time. Lauren pulled back her pistol and narrowed her eyes at the gunshots from the other side of the door and Logan bursting in the tattoo parlor to point his damn gun at her. There was no way she would allow them to detain her. She needed answers and she needed them now. Lauren narrowed her eyes, "Over my dead body."

She made a run for the window.

As the woman turned to run, Logan gripped his pistol tighter. He could’ve shot her in the head and be done with this whole mess, but for whatever reason he fired a shot at her calf. It would hurt, but she would survive. Probably. The Providence woman in the corner yelped out, covering her head after hearing the gunshot.
”Next one will go in your spine.”

Lauren grimaced at the seering burn in her leg as she held the wound and her newly acquired bag slipped off her shoulder. Blood leaked gradually from he wound.

“What the hell?! What the hell is wrong with you?!”

She raised her gun to Logan, words dripping with venom.

“Next one will go straight through your forehead.”

Logan moved forward slowly, his gun still trained on her. ”Oh yeah? You wouldn’t be the first to try.” His left hand went to his belt, where the cuffs hung in a belt loop. ”How many people have you shot? Any of them as young as the white robe?” He nodded towards the Providence girl in the corner, but kept his eyes on Lauren. He edged closer, he was almost within reach of her gun.

The moment Logan stepped closer to Lauren, she pulled the trigger and fired a shot near the left side of Logan’s face.

“Why the fuck are you calling that bitch a white robe?” she seethed, putting more pressure on her wound as she knelt to the ground. “I’ve killed more times than you can count. You haven’t seen what I can do. Come any closer and I’ll harm her.”

She pointed her gun towards the Providence woman.

”It’s what I call people who stay hidden behind the walls of Providence. People who are afraid to get their hands dirty.” Logan answered her question just to humor her. Keep her talking so she actually wouldn’t do anything stupid. He lunged forward and grabbed ahold of her wrist, pushing it so the Providence woman wasn’t in the line of fire. Lauren growled as her gun fell to the floor. Dropping his gun, Logan put all his weight on the woman to knock her to the ground.

“Get off of me!” Lauren snapped.

He struggled for a moment with Lauren’s thrashing, but he managed to clip the first cuff on her wrist. He grabbed ahold of her other wrist and pressed it firmly on the ground above her head. Jerking the cuffed wrist up beside her other wrist, he finally clamped the second cuff on. He let out a huff of air and stood up as he caught his breath. He grabbed ahold of the woman's forearm and started to pull her up. Lauren yelped in pain as the burning sensation in her leg fired up.

”Alright lady, now that we got you in chains, lets get you downstairs."

Lauren winced, body shaken as she tried to pull her wrists out of the cuffs.

“Shit, didn’t realize you were into kink. I could get used to this,” she breathed. “You gonna make me bleed out too? That’s really nice, considering Jay asked you to make sure I didn’t leave.”

Logan rubbed his ear, which was still ringing from the gunshot that went past his head. He glared at the cuffed woman, trying to make out what she said but to no avail. ”Shut it.”

He lead her by the arm towards the door, pausing as he remember the Providence girl in the corner. ”Hey, you’re coming with. Jay is gonna example what you’re doing here.” The woman hesitated, wiping some tears from her face. She licked her lips nervously, before making her way towards the door.

“Hey, old man!” Lauren snapped and tugged at her arm. He didn’t seem to hear and Lauren was tugged back down the stairs, leg bleeding profusely the more she walked. She swallowed hard, her head beginning to feel a bit heavy. They reached downstairs and Lauren slumped against Logan, fighting for her life.

Someone who Emrin hadn't noticed before came over. She vaguely recognized him as the doctor, but she ignored him as Jay came out from the back. She raised an eyebrow at Jay's words but said nothing. Emrin hated Providence the same way that many others did, but she often felt like she didn't have the right to say so. It felt hypocritical. She was, after all, originally from there, and there were many who still considered her to be a "Providence person". She scowled at everyone saying she needed the doctor's help and slapped his hand away, "I said I'm fine." She snapped. She had been hit with a bag, not a sledgehammer.

Suddenly there were gunshots from upstairs. "Well, sounds like things are going well up there." She smirked, "I bet that lady from Providence is shitting her pants. They're not used to this kind of thing there."

There was really no reason for Emrin to still be there but she stayed anyway out of curiosity. Breez was, in general, more eventful than Providence, but it still wasn't every day that there was this much excitement. After some shouting, more shooting, and what sounded like a struggle, Logan came down with the crazy lady, the woman from Providence following meekly behind them. As Emrin had guessed, she looked terrified and seeing everyone staring at her as she came down the stairs seemed to make her even more frightened. The crazy lady was in handcuffs and bleeding from her leg. "You better help her instead doc. She'll bleed out from that wound."

Emrin walked over the terrified Providence woman and grabbed her hand and dragged her over to the bar in front of Jay. "Well, she's here. Care to start the explanations?" She looked at him expectantly.

• Love
ltra
Someone who Emrin hadn't noticed before came over. She vaguely recognized him as the doctor, but she ignored him as Jay came out from the back. She raised an eyebrow at Jay's words but said nothing. Emrin hated Providence the same way that many others did, but she often felt like she didn't have the right to say so. It felt hypocritical. She was, after all, originally from there, and there were many who still considered her to be a "Providence person". She scowled at everyone saying she needed the doctor's help and slapped his hand away, "I said I'm fine." She snapped. She had been hit with a bag, not a sledgehammer.

Suddenly there were gunshots from upstairs. "Well, sounds like things are going well up there." She smirked, "I bet that lady from Providence is shitting her pants. They're not used to this kind of thing there."

There was really no reason for Emrin to still be there but she stayed anyway out of curiosity. Breez was, in general, more eventful than Providence, but it still wasn't every day that there was this much excitement. After some shouting, more shooting, and what sounded like a struggle, Logan came down with the crazy lady, the woman from Providence following meekly behind them. As Emrin had guessed, she looked terrified and seeing everyone staring at her as she came down the stairs seemed to make her even more frightened. The crazy lady was in handcuffs and bleeding from her leg. "You better help her instead doc. She'll bleed out from that wound."

Emrin walked over the terrified Providence woman and grabbed her hand and dragged her over to the bar in front of Jay. "Well, she's here. Care to start the explanations?" She looked at him expectantly.

Rain coldly smirks and says" What a stupid thing to say of course I'm going to check on her I'm not deaf or blind". rain heads to them then say" I see Lauren is still a trouble maker, but trouble maker or not letting her bleed out when i could help her is against my code so please temporary uncuff her so she can lay on a table and I can treat her properly". Rain pauses for a minute then says" Just because you got lucky this time does not always be the case and that if the noise is hit at the weak point with enough force it can do a lot of damage sometimes even causes death, keep that in mind when you say it's not that big a deal".

@TheQueensGuard @Kat

Last edited:
Lyra Rosewald

For the next few hours, the group made their way through the ruins of the city that Breez was built in. Once every few blocks, they would either encounter a few small distant monsters, or an overgrown plant on their path. Lyra would pull out the piece of paper from the job board, and mark down the blocked roads before rotating in place until she decided on the alternate route to take. She managed to pick out a couple of Bloodrose leaves from the flowers the stuck out of the larger magical vines sticking in and out of the concrete monstrosities of the old world.

They finally made it a block away from their target, but soon the reason why this station was mostly left untouched became clear. The square had become the nest of a rather unsavory giant troll. The roads leading to the square were all blocked either by corpses and rubble, the mana starved attracted by the dead monsters and enchanted animals alike. The living horde seemed to be trying and failing to make its way through the debris of collapsed buildings toward the troll.

Lyra mouthed "up," as she carefully walked over broken glass into a half-standing building. It didn’t look like a particularly interesting building, but it appeared to have foundations solid enough to stand for so long. She made her way up the stairs, noting a couple of mana-starved corpses littering the closed areas. She slowly pulled out her knife, taking each step with care. As she reached the highest floor with a floor to speak of (though there were clues suggesting at least two more stories once existed above), the square came into view past the destroyed walls of the room. In the middle of the room, there was a bunch of freshly burnt out branches, most likely from when Petrov or her people found their target for scavenging. "Now to find a way in there," she muttered.

They had two neighbouring buildings closeby. One building was at least as tall, and had wide, but closed, damaged windows, with the inside obscured by the shadow it cast. It wouldn’t be much trouble to jump across if the windows didn’t block their entrance. The other building across the room they were in was significantly shorter, and close enough to jump across with no trouble. Just as Lyra was about to tell the others about the path, she let out a small squeal as a rotting mana-starved appeared at the window with a loud hiss. She jumped back as her heart tried to make an escape out of her throat. The giant troll in the center of the square turned its head lazily toward the sound of its prey.

"M… Maybe not this way." Lyra looked down at the blueish, purple blood around the creature as it walked toward them with heavy steps, with torn up limbs scattered around. The troll was larger than nearly any other creature she’d seen in her whole life. She turned to Mona and the masked man. "We should get out of here before that thing and the small fries come flooding in. Any ideas?"

Mentions : @The Wanderer @Kurogane86 @Snowflake

Nomad

Nomad quietly followed the two as they made their trek through the tunnels, helping out when it was needed. Until they reached their destination and the cause for why the square was so untouched. Said reason when he saw the telltale signs, caused his heart to start beating faster and faster. He had to take extra efforts to not breath heavily to draw attention in the claustrophobic areas they were using as an attempt to bypass the troll and subsequent mana-starved. Nomad kept a hand on his sidearm, the old revolver that he had traded a vast majority of the spare ammo from, which would essentially mean he was going to have to be careful as to avoid firing off shots unless needed.

He crouched low when they entered the floor that held freshly burnt out branches that signaled that others were here before, as the room's walls had been destroyed, leaving some areas without cover to hide. Which considering the giant lumbering creature outside, Nomad disliked that fact as the lack of said cover only served to increase his anxious thoughts.

They would attempt to jump across, or do something of the sort when a mana-starved made its presence known with a hiss. The action caused Nomad to backpedal until there was distance between him and the boney figure of death. But as if fate were smiling down on them with cruelty in mind. The troll heard the noise and was lumbering towards them. With how the walls were barely holding together and had holes in them, Nomad was sure the thing had seen them.

The thought of which terrified him. Although maybe it didn't and it was just coming to investigate the noise, then it'd move on and they wouldn't have to worry. But it didn't stop thoughts of being torn limb from limb and made a meal of and no-one knowing where they had gone.

They needed to make their way out of here and fast before the troll got close enough to see them or do damage to the already fragile building. Nomad's mind ran through idea after idea, before a figurative lightbulb appeared his head. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a small journal of sorts, the book held together by tape and showing signs of heavy wear/tear. Nomad opened it and quickly went through the pages to find the one he was looking for. Finally he found the page about trolls. Skimming through the info, he found a line that suggested certain trolls can be reasoned with. Though said line had a few question marks around it, as Nomad heard of this tip from a passing trader. So, he hadn't seen said tip in action. So the legitimacy of which was left in the area of uncertainty. As Nomad was not willing to get torn limb from limb to see if it worked.

But he passed his journal to Mona, hoping that she might have some thoughts on it. As Nomad's other plan was to run, distract the troll from the others as they made their way to safety. Then work his way from there. After-all, he was light, quick on his feet and once he lost the troll, he can more easily make his way back to Mona and Lyra. Though first things first, they had to get to lower ground in-case something happened and they needed to flee the building. So after the journal was handed to Mona, he motioned for them to head back to the stairs. Though he waited just so they had a head-start in-case things went south or if either had a plan.

He just hoped the troll hadn't seen them and they could sneak back into the tunnels or something....

@Sketching101 @Snowflake @Kurogane86

Mona always enjoyed venturing out with her bestie and now they had another person with them so she felt even safer than usual. That said she didn't start ignoring any potential sign of danger there was and she kept her vigilance to ensure no one and nothing could sneak up on them. Little did she know someone was following them since they left Breez, but to her senses, they were perfectly alone just the three of them. Lyra knew what she neede and Mona was eager to follow her around, she had hunted for herbs before with her and she had a vague idea of what she was looking for. There was a type of berry bush that seemed to grow around rusty constructions they needed as well. She spotted a few overgrown brushes over where the roof of the metro had collapsed and inspecting it there were a few unpicked Rustberries, no more than a handful but ought to be enough for a dose or two. Glad they were having so much luck she was relaxed and happy to follow up into a building after Lyra.

The troll of no concern for now. If they left it alone it was likely content to ignore them. The just needed to avoid pulling its attention. The mana-starved, however, were not favourable. Even with the few corpses, she was certain there would be more around. Just as Lyra pulled out her knife Mona reached for her bat and held it in her right hand by the handle and with her left by the head in case something suddenly jumped at her. She kept her eyes trained on the loosely scattered objects around the place occasionally palming and throwing a handheld device into her pack.

It wasn't long before their luck ran out and a mana-starved made its presence known, frightening Lyra. Cursing through her teeth Mona rushed to spot the creature at the window and then heard the troll shuffle and start to move. "Fuck..." She mouthed to no one in particular and began to look around for options. They had few choices but neither seemed better than the other. It was about at that time that the masked guy handed her the notepad he had. She skimmed it then frowned and shook her head. "No, too risky." She stated as a matter of factly. "We run that way." She pointed over her shoulder towards the shorter building as she picked up a piece of rubble off the ground, no larger than a pebble. "I'll create a distraction here, then rush after you two. Don't use guns if you don't have to, hopefully, the troll with go towards the noise first and we can bolt outta here." The few runes on the bat lit up. Vector Enhancement as Mr Adar called it. In layman's terms it makes the bat harder to break and hit harder, or as Mr Adar says, the enchantment redirects the forces applied to ensure the bat takes minimum damage and the object struck experiences the full brunt of the swing. Throwing the pebble up in the air Mona reeled back and swing the bat like a professional player and sent the rock flying forward as fast as an arrow, twice as fast as the bat is supposed to send things flying. With the rock shattering the already damaged glass and even going so far as to lodge itself into the mana-starved's eye it started to make all sorts of guttural noises. "Fookin' leg it!" She whispered to the other two ready to follow after them on this run.

@Sketching101 @The Wanderer @Kurogane86

Jay Kennedy
Morning
Breez Bar
Collab with @StareNation

“So you are in cohorts with providence scum today. Please for the love of god tell me that isn’t connected to your requested favour.”

Jay gave Nissa a nervous smile, before grabbing a second glass and filling it with tequila. He decided to give her the drink before answering. “Look, for the record she came to me. I would’ve turned her away if Kathleen and Aster weren’t involved.” Upstairs, gunshots rang out.
He sighed and rubbed his eyes before taking a drink. “I had to worry about that all morning, now I have a shootout going on upstairs in my parlor.”

Nissa’s brow furrowed in response as she straightened in her seat. As much as she could sympathize with Jay on the ruckus in his bar, she didn’t take being railroaded into a job lightly.
“Jay, get to the point. Just what is going on?” she replied shortly as she folded her arms across her chest.

Jay took a deep breath and said through gritted teeth. “I sorta, kinda need you to be a guide on a rescue mission in Stoneview.” He paused and managed to look Nissa in the eyes. “I’m not gonna lie, it’ll be dangerous. But if what I heard is true, they may have found something that can help against monsters.” He did his best to give her a confident smile.”If you don’t want to do it, you won’t have too. I won’t ask you again, but will you please do it? For me?”
Nissa had seemed to completely ignore the fact that there was chaos upstairs though given the kinds of places she had been and the things she had experienced, gunshots ringing out weren’t that unusual. What was unusual was what Jay had asked her. The colour visibly drained from Nissa’s face as her expression darkened, her eyes glaring at him as his met hers. Stone view was the last place she would set foot in with the exception of providence. There was simply too much there, too many memories and too much pain.

“Absolutely not, you know I won’t go back there…you couldn’t fucking pay me enough.” Nissa snarled at him lowly, her usual calm demeanour shaken by the mention. She could see he was doing his best to approach the subject as calmly as possible but his smile irritated her in the moment.

“Wipe that smile of your face,” She added, bracing her hands on the counter briefly as she stared at him. Perhaps what had irritated her more was the fact that he had a point to make. Something that could help them get rid of the monsters once and for all was an opportunity not to be wasted, prompting an unsettling feeling of confliction in her.

“Fine, fine.” Jay raised his hands off the counter and sat back and, as requested, his smile disappeared. “I’m sure Logan and whoever else goes can handle it, I just figured it wouldn’t hurt to have two people I trust out there to watch each others backs.” He pushed the glass of tequila that sat in front of her a little closer, quickly changing the subject “Drink up before the ice melts.”

Nissa watched Jay intently as he spoke, a brow raising as she listened to him before he pushed the glass of tequila closer to her. It was needed and she didn’t hesitate to take the glass and promptly throw her head back, tipping the liquor down her throat roughly before placing the glass back on the counter, her tongue rolling the ice cubes around in her mouth as she contemplated his words. Her frown dissipated as she let her head tilt back to a neutral level, pushing the empty glass back towards him and crunching the remaining ice before swallowing it.

“Really? You’re going with a guilt trip?” Nissa argued as she gave a small sigh. Glancing over her shoulder to where Logan had been, thinking over his appearance in the bar just minutes earlier before looking back at Jay.

“And I'm guessing no one else knows Stone View well enough?” she asked before hesitating. “How long has Kathleen been gone?” she asked curiously.

“Guilt trip? I would never!” The bartender said, acting innocent as he took a drink of his glass. He set the cup down and leaned back on the bar, a serious look on his face. “No one around here knows it as well as you.” He had to think about her second question for a moment, tapping his fingertips on the bar as he tried to remember. “Almost two weeks now. She left to meet up with a few scientists from Providence and some guy from Folly. The expedition was meant to strengthen relations between the cities, but a few days ago they stopped responding to the calls made by Providence. That girl-.” He paused and nodded up the stairs. “-was in charge of keeping tabs on them. When they stopped responding, she asked Providence to send another group to help them. When they said no, she stole a van and came here.”

He waved his hands over the counter. “There, that’s most of the cards on the table.”

Jay’s mock innocence produced a weary chuckle from Nissa before he grew serious in front of her, and a pause of silence settled between them as Jay’s fingertips sent a small vibration through the bar top as he tapped them in thought. Though Nissa was quite often one to stay away from matters in town, she knew Kathleen enough to know the woman wasn’t stupid. Jay began to explain the situation with more detail and Nissa’s posture softened as she listened to him. Trying to establish a ‘better relationship’ between the cities was a joke in her opinion but nevertheless this expedition group had tried to do just that. The lack of contact was disturbing to say the least and she wondered if perhaps relations between the attending individuals had become so strained that they had turned upon each other. Jay was right, she knew Stoneview like the back of her hand and as much as she wanted to refuse any kind of trip back there, there was a small lick of guilt that grew as she thought upon the idea of refusing to find out if something had happened to Kathleen Ramadan, Aster and the others. Since when had she grown this kind to her acquaintances?

Her eyes finally left Jay’s line of sight as she glanced down to where her fingers had been grasping the edge of the bartop, her skin blistering where she had gripped the bench with some force. She hated this feeling, the sense that things were about to be out of her control. With reluctance in her voice she muttered.

“Dammit you owe me...big.”

Jays smiled his usual happy grin. He took her hand, after prying it away from the bartop and gave it a firm, yet friendly squeeze. “Thank you Nissa, I feel a lot better about this whole thing now.” He laughed some, adding “And when you get back, I might have the town erect a statue in your honor!”
The sound of footsteps coming downstairs drew Jays attention. His hand slipped away from hers as he took a step towards the staircase, and he let out a groan at the sight of blood. “Please don’t tell me she bleed all down the hallway.”

Logan Russo
Morning
Breez Bar
@Kat @Rads @ItariChan

Logans frown was more aggravated than normal. For starters, the womans bloody leg was getting blood all over one of his only good pairs of jeans. As she started too pass out, she relied more and more on Logan carrying her extra weight, which annoyed him. Finally, and the worst of it all, the ringing in his damn ear still hadn't gone away.

As he reached the base of the stairs, he looked around the bar. Most of the people cleared out, the only ones that were left were Jay and Nissa at the bar. Jay said something, but Logan couldn't hear him complaining.
The kid-summoner and doctor were still there too. He half-walked, half-carried Lauren to the doctor and sat her at the edge of the table. The doctor said something, but with the ringing in his ears, Logan didn't quite know what he said.
"WHAT?"
He meant to say it in a normal voice, but unbeknownst to him he half-yelled the question. He looked back at Jay, who mouth the words 'old man' to Nissa before replying "He said Lauren is a trouble maker, but she needs to get her cuffs taken off so he can treat her properly."
Logan shook his head. "Not a chance. If you can't help her with the cuffs on, she can bleed out." With Lauren seated on the table, Logan rubbed his ear and mumbled in annoyance. Jay gave Logan a curious look and asked
"Something happen to your ear?"
"What?"
Jay sighed and waved Logan off and yelled to the doctor.
"Hey Doc, when you get done with that trouble-making friend of yours, could you take a look at the old-mans ear?"
Logan pulled on his earlobe, then started hitting his temple lightly. Slowly the ringing subsided enough so he could hear clearly, but it still annoyed him.
"I'm fine, I don't need no damn doctor for a little ringing in my ear."

He took a seat at the bar in his stool and grabbed ahold of the bottle of whiskey across the bar. He forgo the glass he used earlier, and instead opted to drink straight from the bottle.

He glanced up towards the stairs as the Providence girl awkwardly stood on the final step like a deer in headlights. She looked around the room at everyone, but made a point to avoid meeting Logans gaze. The other young girl in the room, the summoner, made her way to the girl and took her by the hand and dragged her in front of the bar.
"Well, she's here. Care to start the explanations?"
Jay looked at the girl and started scratching his neck. He glanced over at Nissa before speaking with a charismatic smile
"Well this is certainly not how I planned the day going."
"Get on with it Kennedy, no stalling."
"Fine. Everyone meet Emilia Strider, a priestess from Providence in charge of communicating with a team of scientist that went into Stoneview."
Emilia waved somewhat awkwardly at everyone.
"The team is made up of a few Providence scientists, a gentleman from Folly and our very own Kathleen Ramadan. If what they found is true, they found some magic tech that Stoneview used to keep monsters at bay. Maybe we can use that to actually expand Breez beyond a neighborhood. Maybe we can actually help bring humanity closer."
Jay was really getting into the speech now, which only caused Logan to take another drink from his bottle and roll his eyes.
"The team stopped responding to Miss Strider a few days back and Providence has refused to send anyone to help. We all know Folly doesn't give a rats ass about science, so that leaves us."
He motioned around the room to everyone, which made Logan scoff.
"Why the hell would I risk my life because Kathleen ran off to play archaeologist with some white robes? She dug her own grave going to Stoneview. I'm not about to jump in beside her."
Jay sighed and leaned on the counter. He licked his lips nervously and tapped his fingertips on the counter.

"Aster was with them Logan."
The bottle slipped from Logans hand and gave off a dull thud on the counter. He sat silently for a moment, almost as if stopped breathing right then. He forced himself to swallow and he slowly started to nod. He stood up from his stool and headed towards the exit, saying somewhat quietly "I'll grab my things."

Jay watched him go before clearing his throat. "Lauren, you'll be going with Logan and Nissa. Consider it a way to pay off your fines." He raised a hand before she could protest. "And I'll throw in some supplies when you get back. If Logan says you behaved well, you might even have a place here in Breez." Giving her a teasing smile. "If you promise to stop stealing and shooting in my bar that is."

"Mister Greywater, I'm not gonna force you to go but I'd appreciate it if you tagged along. They could use a healer, especially if the scientists encountered some trouble." He started to walk back behind the counter. "Ofcourse you'd be rewarded as well. Food, medical supplies- You name it." Jay laughed some, adding. "And I promise I won't be cooking the food this time."

Kane
@Snowflake @Sketching101 @The Wanderer

Kane was doing his best to stay focused, He could feel the bitter cold of the shadow realm slowly start to freeze him to death. He continued on, following the group until they made it to an open area with plenty of cover. He stepped out of the shadow and hid behind some rubble, as he warmed up in the sun he could hear the other three running around. He took in a deep breath and continued, he jumped up onto a railing to a roof to try to get a better look at what they were looking for. He heard something move behind him. 'could it be that they led me to where i need to go?' he Drew a blade for each hand and looked around for the source of the noise. "finally, my purpose will now begin."

He saw the source of the noise, a monster known as a mana starved. Kane saw the beast and although it looked somewhat eerie it didn't scare him, if anything he couldn't see why everyone was so scarred of them. Then another beast grabbed his attention, this one more menacing. It was on Troll a massive monster that had amazing strength, one that was worth the assassin's time. Kane watched the three make plans to avoid the monster but Kane wanted to engage, that being said he wasn't at his full strength. He had been traveling for a long time and was tired, that and being in the shadow realm took it's toll.

As Kane made plans to kill the beast as effortlessly as possibly he heard a loud crash followed by and loud guttural cry. He looked and saw the mana Starved agonizing in pain. He jumped around and saw the other three fleeing for their lives. "damn it!" he yelled out as he ran to the the monster that was shrieking loudly he jumped down and jammed a knife into its neck and chest. The monster laid there still squealing around as life left it's body, Kane looked up to the sound of a huge monster running to that spot. "Fine, bring it on you bastard." he said as he made himself ready. "Shadow movement, Shadow restraint." he said as he summoned the shadows from the Buildings surrounding him. He held his ground as the shadows slithered like a snake and started to constrict the troll.

The monster was so massive that the shadows weren't able to stop the monster in it's tracks. Each shadow like tendril that snapped, took it's toll on Kane. He winced as more shadows snapped by the monsters lumbering strength. "shit" he said as he took in a deep breath and summoned more shadows to assist. He yelled out as he controlled the shadows wrapping around his legs, arms, mid section, and neck. The beast kept coming closer and closer. Kane grit his teeth just as the beast slammed his massive fist down. The fist stopped inches from Kane's head, he had successfully stopped the beast but was exhausted. He tried to take in a breath but could only get in shallow breaths. He watched the beast struggle in the shadow tendrils and Kane tried to remain conscious. 'damn it, how am i going to slay this monster if it's taking everything i have just to keep him still. Damn it. Did i fail my mission already?'

Nomad

After putting his journal back into the safety of his pocket, Nomad watched as Mona struck a pebble that then knocked the mana-starved back and down. Needless to say, Nomad's fear was somewhat stifled by that, replaced by mild wonderment. Then returned to fear as he remembered that the giant lumbering ball of death outside the building.

Jumping the gap was perhaps the biggest hurdle in terms of self encouragement Nomad had done in a while. The last time he had to 'hype' himself up with mental words of encouragement of 'You can do this, you can do this.' Was when he shot at some bandits about to attack someone before making his getaway. Although this situation was mildly different, it practically had the same cause. As he landed in the room, he did stumble, almost falling down. But either by luck or some divine being watching out for him. He stood straight, quickly walking back to the window to make sure that the others made the jump fine, and in the event that they stumbled or just made it to the window, he would help them up.

Afterall, his altruistic nerve would not let him outright leave someone in such a situation.

As they made their way down, Nomad made sure to avoid firing off his gun so that way, the troll wouldn't notice them. Instead, he used the revolver to as some bandit would describe it as 'pistol-whipping' any mana-starved that got too close. Which was done by baiting and striking. A simple process. Did come close several times as one grabbed him from behind, but when that happened, he was grateful that he could thrash enough to get loose and that Mona and Lyra were there to assist when he couldn't shake loose.

During this path down the floors, Nomad could faintly hear something going on outside. Had the troll gotten ahold of something, or some of the stray mana-starved that were in the building? Or something else had happened?

If something had happened to the troll, Nomad shuddered in thought of what it could be. Dragon can to mind, as that was one of Nomad's greatest fears, and what he thought was the only thing that could take down a troll of that size with no problem.

On the ground floor, Nomad took a peek outside to see where the troll was so he could gesture where it was and how they could avoid it when he saw a strange sight. Some man was holding the troll in place by some dark tendrils from the ground or something. Through the goggles, he could just make out the man, could it be? Could it the same man that bumped into him back in Breez? And if so, what was he doing all the way out here? Was he hunting that troll? This is probably what the man trying to recruit him for. Seemed fate loved doing strange things.

Nomad noticed something though, the man was shaking as if he were about to collapse, and the troll moving bit by bit. If the man fell, he would be at risk for that troll to attack and kill him. A thought that the altruistic side of him practically slapped him to do something. Reaching to his side, Nomad grabbed his gas mask, his comfort. He lowered his goggles down so they hung around his neck and slipped on the gas mask. Taking in a few breaths to calm himself in preparation for what he was about to do. Bolting from the safety of the building, he ran toward the man.

Once within range, he quickly grabbed the man, supporting him as Nomad turned to run. Fueled by adrenaline, Nomad kept hold of the man as he ran and ran, following Mona and Lyra wherever they would go for cover. Hoping that the troll would remain restrained just a bit longer for them to get into cover and maybe back to Breez where it was safe...….

@Sketching101 @Snowflake @Kurogane86