Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
b0ca0b844b8d3702a8d8e0eb047cd59b.jpg

"Providence, the greatest of the three cities left standing in this part of the Earth. Ran by a radical-cult that worships the portals that spits out monsters and storms. For whatever reason they deem those that die as unjust, evil and corrupt. Casualties from Gods wrath. They worship the reason the world fell apart and killed the majority of the world's population two centuries ago.

Grimm’s Folly, also known simply as ‘Folly’, the largest of the cities and the worst of the bunch. Overran with thugs, bandits and killers but seemingly the safest against monsters. At first the group formed for protect and a chance at survival. Through the years they took advantage of their power and used the apocalypse as a chance to gain power and wealth at the misfortune of others.

Breez, also known as ‘the Free Sector’, the smallest and most destitute of the cities. Hell, it’s more of a neighborhood than a town. The area has more than its fair share of monsters, but with the majority of the city underground it manages to survive, even if it’s just barely. Most people here keep to themselves, other than the traders of course.

A war is brewing between Providence and Folly, with Breez caught in the middle. Mankind is on its last leg, and yet it still insists on fighting one another. Maybe this will all end if we somehow find a way to stop the portals. Maybe we can have a chance to redeem ourselves and rebuild society to what it once was."

~~~

Strife is a modern-fantasy, set in an apocalyptic and dystopian world plagued by magically charged storms, savage monsters and the sins of man as everyone tries to survive. This RP will have darker themes such as death, drugs, gore and references to sex. Any sex scenes will be fade to black.​

The focus on the RP will be on our group of survivors traveling around this dark fantasy world of destroyed cities, overgrown forests and dry deserts in an attempt to find a way to close the portals. We will have to survive against various fantasy beasts and monsters and chaotic magically charged storms, all the while two cities are on the brink of war. Conflict between characters, friendships/friendemies relationships and romance are all encouraged. Character death is a possibility, but won't be forced onto you.
Other things:

• I'm looking for 2-5 other people, each person limited to one character initially. Eventually this limit will go up to two characters. I'd prefer to have a more intermediate-advanced quality of writing. Quality over Quantity!​
  • If you have any ideas, you'll be free to suggest and add onto the world as well!I'll be making a Discord for quick, fun and easy communication. It won't be mandatory to join.​
  • Characters will have access to various magic arts, listed in a Magic Index I'll be writing up! Note: Not everyone in the world will have magic, but our characters can! (Most likely in a Google Doc)​
  • I will have various information on monsters, animals and beasts that roam the wilderness and ruins of the past in a Bestiary. It will be updated over time, as we encounter more creatures. (Most likely in a Google Doc)​
  • While I don't have skills with map making (yet!), I will be writing out information for Providence, Folly, Breez and all the surrounding landscapes. (Most likely in a Google Doc)​

Looks interesting! I'm up for it :)

• Love
Reactions: TheQueensGuard
Hmmm, I like the concept, can't wait to see where it goes.

• Love
Reactions: Sketching101
Hmm... Maybe I'll try this apocalyptic setting out. >.> Count me in!

• Love
I have used Inkarnate before to make some maps; definitely recommend it if you're new to stuff like that.
EDIT: Also, I could help with artwork and maps, if you need anything.

Last edited:
  • Love
I have two map makers, but I'm just awful at it xD
Thank you though! @Sketching101

Reactions: Sketching101
I am interested

Just a quick update for everyone! Currently working on the Magic Index, once I get the majority of it done, I'll open up the OOC/Signs up and Character Index Sections with links to view it and the Bestiary (when it's done)
Once again, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

@The Wanderer @~Dark Disney~ @Sketching101 @Kat @Snowflake

I'm certainly interested if you still want more people.

@SoleStride
Certainly don't mind another person signing up!

Cool, I'll wait for the updates.

What kind of characters is everyone making?

Are there still spots open?

Reactions: Itari
I'd be up for this if accepted I was thinking scientist/medic

Last edited:
@TheQueensGuard
Sorry about this, but I'm going to drop before I submit a character. I've just realized that I tried to overdo it and I wouldn't be able to keep up with another rp - it wouldn't be fair to you guys if I fell behind and held something up. I apologize (and wish I had the time for this rp >.< v.v)