Street Fighter V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lawl. DOA talk. One of my oldest friend is a former world champion. Skatan_Milla. Look him up. The reason DOA died out in the casual audience eyes was that it was a stagnant game, and niche to begin with. Its gameplay is counter based, making it for dull viewing for those not into the game. It is the curse of defensive, high risk gameplay.

To be so angry that you hate EVO for not featuring your preffered game is hilarius.
I've heard of him here and there. At least DOA actually takes effort to play (no button-mashing) and no it's not niche. Indie games are niche and look at how popular they've gotten. Also its fighting system is based off of Virtua Fighter and that was the first 3D fighting game ever made and the games are always critically acclaimed so your point is moot. Just because the game doesn't have flashy bullshit no one likes doesn't mean it sucks.

Learn to read properly. I hate the FGC for being biased bandwagoners. Also I have a right to dislike EVO and my reasons are justified. The same event that has SSB Melee and SSB4 in the same line-up once. Two SSB games in one line-up? Yeah no. Don't be patronizing got it?

Saying SFV doesn't take effort to play? SF is faaaar less button mashing friendly then SC and Tekken and other 3D fighters. In fact, 3D fighters are generally more button mashing friendly. ( and I love SC to death.)

I never said DOA sucked. I love the game. Virtual Fighter is another game I adored as well (And one I wished still had a vibrant competetive scene.) It is where I played Leon and made my brother rage quit fighting games for all eternity! And you are about as justified as any other nerd who wants their favorite games represented.

Saying SFV doesn't take effort to play? SF is faaaar less button mashing friendly then SC and Tekken and other 3D fighters. In fact, 3D fighters are generally more button mashing friendly. ( and I love SC to death.)

I never said DOA sucked. I love the game. Virtual Fighter is another game I adored as well (And one I wished still had a vibrant competetive scene.) It is where I played Leon and made my brother rage quit fighting games for all eternity! And you are about as justified as any other nerd who wants their favorite games represented.
SF has too many fucking buttons -_- plus the cancerous fanbase is another reason why I quit playing the series. How is SC button mashing friendly? Tekken I can definitely see but SC? Hell no. I never button mash while playing SC.

Virtua Fighter hasn't been out in over a decade because of SEGA's issues. Hopefully they'll released VF6 for new gen consoles :( It's because of DOA5 that it's starting to reappear again. BUT DAMN IT THE VF CHARACTERS ARE CHEAP AS FUCK!!!! What's wrong with wanting my favorite games represented? I'm a consumer and I have a right to demand.

And a supplier have the right to not provide a product. Thus, point is moot. Can't play the consumer card and still be angry at people moving where the money is. That is Grade-A hypocracy right there. Eyup.

SC is buttonmashing friendly as hell. Once you get higherlevel in play, you can deal with buttonmashers no problem sure. But If I want someone to get into a 3D fighter? Give them a controller, set them infont SC3 and Rapheal or Kilik and watch them make combos my smashing everything.

Also rofl, yes goddamn VF has cheap charachers. Akira and leon is the epitome of "Why does these guys exist"

And a supplier have the right to not provide a product. Thus, point is moot. Can't play the consumer card and still be angry at people moving where the money is. That is Grade-A hypocracy right there. Eyup.

SC is buttonmashing friendly as hell. Once you get higherlevel in play, you can deal with buttonmashers no problem sure. But If I want someone to get into a 3D fighter? Give them a controller, set them infont SC3 and Rapheal or Kilik and watch them make combos my smashing everything.

Also rofl, yes goddamn VF has cheap charachers. Akira and leon is the epitome of "Why does these guys exist"
And the consumer has the right to be pissed at said supplier especially when said supplier has a bullshit reason for not supplying in the first place. Ex. Like Crapcom cancelling Megaman Legends 3?

I must play against good players then cause I rarely see button-mashing. Hell when I first played SC, I didn't button mash!

Fucking Jacky and his auto-counter bullshit!

Jacky is fairly easy to counter though. Fuck Akira with a giant heated poker.

Just becouse you didn't button mash or your friends are used enough to fighting games not to button mash, doens't make the game any less button mash friendly. Button mashing in SF will get you nowhere. Button mashing in SC will get you random combos xD. I am still salty loosing the Player 1 tourny in Tekken to a kid who mashed kick buttons as Hwrang and Beak 10 years ago.

Jacky is fairly easy to counter though. Fuck Akira with a giant heated poker.

Just becouse you didn't button mash or your friends are used enough to fighting games not to button mash, doens't make the game any less button mash friendly. Button mashing in SF will get you nowhere. Button mashing in SC will get you random combos xD. I am still salty loosing the Player 1 tourny in Tekken to a kid who mashed kick buttons as Hwrang and Beak 10 years ago.
Since Tina is my main in DOA, I can throw him for extra damage. I gotta work on my holds :(

If you're using someone like Talim it can. I use Sophitia and Cassandra. You just said why I'll never play Tekken competitively. Some characters benefit button mashing but to be fair they're just as deadly if you're not mashing.

I'm only sticking around to see SacredWarrior get himself all butthurt.

I'm only sticking around to see SacredWarrior get himself all butthurt.
I'm a WOMAN! It's "herself"! And I'm not butthurt! I'm not capable of such a thing! Check your privilege you oppressive shitlord!

tumblr_n7hwe0Jt2B1s8o4aqo1_500.gif

Sophitia and Cassandra...

Yesssss. The Top S-tiers that can stunlock to you down to 20% hp. Joinnnnn the darkside.

Sophitia and Cassandra...

Yesssss. The Top S-tiers that can stunlock to you down to 20% hp. Joinnnnn the darkside.
I've been on the dark side >:D Deadly sisters!

I will never forgive Namco for removing them from SCV!! HOW DARE THEY?!!! >:(

SCV was crap in general. Terrible balance, hitboxes and storymodes. Meh charachter gallery.

SC3 is supreme

SCV was crap in general. Terrible balance, hitboxes and storymodes. Meh charachter gallery.

SC3 is supreme
No SC2 is supreme! SC3 had too many glitches and exploits. And let's not forget the terrible corrupt data glitch. It happened to me TWICE!!

SC3 had the charachter creation suite, the best charachter gallery and game modes. BUt yes, it had some interesting glitches.

SC3 had the charachter creation suite, the best charachter gallery and game modes. BUt yes, it had some interesting glitches.
I wouldn't say best game modes. For some reason, I found myself getting bored easily with the game modes. Although I did like Chronicles Of The Sword. Character creation was the most creative in SC3 and it withered away in SC4 and SC5.

Status
Not open for further replies.