Street Fighter V

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the players in the community want to make money. If you like playing DOA, that is fine! But if the community as a whole doesn't take the game seriously, and they don't wish to put money on the line to play it, its not going to go anywhere... Why practice for 8 hours a day for a game if its not going to get recognized in the Esports community where that player can make a living?

But the players in the community want to make money. If you like playing DOA, that is fine! But if the community as a whole doesn't take the game seriously, and they don't wish to put money on the line to play it, its not going to go anywhere... Why practice for 8 hours a day for a game if its not going to get recognized in the Esports community where that player can make a living?
BS because there are many famous DOA players that actually do make money. Those players you speak of are fools because you should be doing it because you love it. Not because of money. If you're doing it solely because of money, you're a greedy little shit. Also they don't matter because most of the time, they're assholes and sometimes they also suck ass. DOA has been in several tournaments and IS worthy to be in E-Sports. Front page. Not on the sidelines. They don't want to put money on the line because of bias and stupid reasons. Money is NOT an excuse. Never has been, never will be. You practice because you like the game and want to be good at it. That's kinda obvious.

BS because there are many famous DOA players that actually do make money. Those players you speak of are fools because you should be doing it because you love it. Not because of money. If you're doing it solely because of money, you're a greedy little shit. Also they don't matter because most of the time, they're assholes and sometimes they also suck ass. DOA has been in several tournaments and IS worthy to be in E-Sports. Front page. Not on the sidelines. They don't want to put money on the line because of bias and stupid reasons. Money is NOT an excuse. Never has been, never will be. You practice because you like the game and want to be good at it. That's kinda obvious.
I am sure that if DOA started to get some more popularity more players would invest more time into it. Yes, many players play to get better themselves, however... If someone wants to play fighting games for a living because they love it so much, they should be able to! However, they would be stupid to play a fighting game that they couldn't make money at, right? If their objective is to be a professional fighting game player, then they have to play what is considered a "top tier game". They might play DOA in their off time because they love it, but when it comes time for "work" they have to play the game that they will be playing at EVO or any other big tourney they go to. If DOA becomes popular enough to consider for the player to invest time in so they can make a living playing it, GREAT! But, its not there, and for a pro player to not play what is current and relevant would be foolish.

I am sure that if DOA started to get some more popularity more players would invest more time into it. Yes, many players play to get better themselves, however... If someone wants to play fighting games for a living because they love it so much, they should be able to! However, they would be stupid to play a fighting game that they couldn't make money at, right? If their objective is to be a professional fighting game player, then they have to play what is considered a "top tier game". They might play DOA in their off time because they love it, but when it comes time for "work" they have to play the game that they will be playing at EVO or any other big tourney they go to. If DOA becomes popular enough to consider for the player to invest time in so they can make a living playing it, GREAT! But, its not there, and for a pro player to not play what is current and relevant would be foolish.
So if they don't like what's current and relevant, they should just play it anyways for the ignorant masses? I'm sorry but I fucking hate that concept. That's fake as holy hell. Sacrificing your character and quality for money is one of the most evil things a person can do. Another thing I despise about the competitive scene. Tiers are shit and no one takes them seriously.

Also DOA is popular. There are many tournaments where it's featured and the numbers tend to be pretty damn big as well. It's been at EVO but not at the forefront which is why I hate EVO. It IS there and it can get there. If people would stop bitching about the fanservice, it will get there. People have been bitching about the big tournaments like EVO for a long time and they need to listen to their consumers, change their line-up, stop being greedy bastards, and get their shit together.

I'm not even going to get into this...

Reactions: Darog and F0X
So if they don't like what's current and relevant, they should just play it anyways for the ignorant masses? I'm sorry but I fucking hate that concept. That's fake as holy hell. Sacrificing your character and quality for money is one of the most evil things a person can do. Another thing I despise about the competitive scene. Tiers are shit and no one takes them seriously.

Also DOA is popular. There are many tournaments where it's featured and the numbers tend to be pretty damn big as well. It's been at EVO but not at the forefront which is why I hate EVO. It IS there and it can get there. If people would stop bitching about the fanservice, it will get there. People have been bitching about the big tournaments like EVO for a long time and they need to listen to their consumers, change their line-up, stop being greedy bastards, and get their shit together.
That is one way of thinking. I am sorry, but not every game ever made is going to make it to the top. If the fanservice in DOA is a problem, then its not going to get recognized until the people hosting the tournaments change their views (since that is where the money is) or DOA offers a solution to get it into the fighting game scene. However, the makers of DOA probably don't care about it being in the competitive scene because enough people buy the game for the fanservice that it doesn't have to matter. The fighting game companies have learned that 98% of their player base is men, however, if they want their game to be on the big screen getting all the recognition, they have to keep the visuals at least somewhat decent.

I'm not even going to get into this...
It really is a silly discussion. I understand why @SacredWarrior is upset, and they have every right to be upset! Though, it isn't going to change anything, and being salty about the community as a whole doesn't help anyone.

That is one way of thinking. I am sorry, but not every game ever made is going to make it to the top. If the fanservice in DOA is a problem, then its not going to get recognized until the people hosting the tournaments change their views (since that is where the money is) or DOA offers a solution to get it into the fighting game scene. However, the makers of DOA probably don't care about it being in the competitive scene because enough people buy the game for the fanservice that it doesn't have to matter. The fighting game companies have learned that 98% of their player base is men, however, if they want their game to be on the big screen getting all the recognition, they have to keep the visuals at least somewhat decent.
The fanservice shouldn't be an issue. No one bitches about it in any other game so don't do it when it comes to DOA. It doesn't need to offer any solutions plus the fanservice is TAME compared to previous games. DOA doesn't need to change anything. The people need to stop being prudes, suck it up, and accept DOA for what it is and stop trying to change it to fit its shitty standards that no one likes.

It really is a silly discussion. I understand why @SacredWarrior is upset, and they have every right to be upset! Though, it isn't going to change anything, and being salty about the community as a whole doesn't help anyone.
And being complacent and not saying anything doesn't help anyone either. Your point is?

The fanservice shouldn't be an issue. No one bitches about it in any other game so don't do it when it comes to DOA. It doesn't need to offer any solutions plus the fanservice is TAME compared to previous games. DOA doesn't need to change anything. The people need to stop being prudes, suck it up, and accept DOA for what it is and stop trying to change it to fit its shitty standards that no one likes.
That is one opinion. Not everyone wants to see lewd content all the time, and for Esports that are going to soon be getting coverage on ESPN and the like, maybe they don't want that kind of fanservice being shown off? I mean, look at the game in Esports that get a lot of coverage: Dota 2, LoL, SCII, SFV, Counterstrike, ect ect. None of them have OVERLY explicit fanservice. Sorry, but its just something a lot of people don't like.

That is one opinion. Not everyone wants to see lewd content all the time, and for Esports that are going to soon be getting coverage on ESPN and the like, maybe they don't want that kind of fanservice being shown off? I mean, look at the game in Esports that get a lot of coverage: Dota 2, LoL, SCII, SFV, Counterstrike, ect ect. None of them have OVERLY explicit fanservice. Sorry, but its just something a lot of people don't like.
The fanservice in DOA is not being shoved in your face. It's OPTIONAL but they're too stupid to see that and just think DOA is nothing but fanservice. There are suitable costumes in DOA5LR. They just don't want to know about them and are too moronic to play the damn game themselves before judging it.

And being complacent and not saying anything doesn't help anyone either. Your point is?
My point is that you've made your point, I recognize it, but we really aren't discussing anything any more? You have an opinion, I don't really agree with it, that's all there is to it. This thread wasn't created to start arguments, but I am happy to bounce your complaints with other thoughts and opinions to help solidify or mitigate your ideas. But, there isn't really much more to add.

I personally don't like any Street Fighter other than 3rd Strike simply because I'm really into more fast paced fighters, but even I can admit that this newest SF looks like a decent game. I'm actually curious as to how Tekken 7 will translate Akuma into the Tekken pace of things.

Also I think SacredWarrior has typed 'DOA' in this thread more times than Street Fighter has been mentioned by everyone here.

• Love
Reactions: Darog and F0X
If we are gonna go off topic...but stay slightly on topic for Fighting Games...

WHERE IS MY SOUL CALIBUR 6

• Love
Reactions: SacredWarrior
My favorite characters from Soul Caliber:

Siegfried
Kilik
Maxi

*disappears in the shadows*

Reactions: SacredWarrior
Mine are:

Sophitia
Cassandra
Raphael
Ivy
Mitsurugi

Reactions: Bread-and-Butter
I personally don't like any Street Fighter other than 3rd Strike simply because I'm really into more fast paced fighters, but even I can admit that this newest SF looks like a decent game. I'm actually curious as to how Tekken 7 will translate Akuma into the Tekken pace of things.

Also I think SacredWarrior has typed 'DOA' in this thread more times than Street Fighter has been mentioned by everyone here.
Third Strike is also my favorite!! I go back to it often and play it on my PS3. I love Ken in that game so much! Though, I must say I've enjoyed SFV much more than I have SFIV.
If we are gonna go off topic...but stay slightly on topic for Fighting Games...

WHERE IS MY SOUL CALIBUR 6
I can't wait to see a SC6 myself! Such a great game. ^.^

Some of my custom characters from the last Soul Calibur. I had so much fun with that feature.
[spoili]
wAZxf.jpg

ocJry.jpg

wDHID.jpg

[/spoili]

Oh lawl. DOA talk. One of my oldest friend is a former world champion. Skatan_Milla. Look him up. The reason DOA died out in the casual audience eyes was that it was a stagnant game, and niche to begin with. Its gameplay is counter based, making it for dull viewing for those not into the game. It is the curse of defensive, high risk gameplay. The pros themselves said so. And no, sayign "The fanservice isn't forced upon you" is utter fucking bullshit xD. The game series has always pushed the "sexy" angle ot its utter limit. Down to the jiggle physics of the goddamn boobs. I say this as a fan of the series. I mained Leon and made it to semi-final twice in online, big competions. And I have tons of friend in the pro-play community.

To be so angry that you hate EVO for not featuring your preffered game is hilarius. To be angry with people that switch to games that make more money is very, very strange. These people don't make good money if they don't. They would not be able to sustain themselves, and would have to give up gaming all together.

As for SFV? I am gonna main the shit out of Zangief as per usual.

SC; Nightmare for life

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Darog
Status
Not open for further replies.