Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd recommend, for terminology's sake, replacing Defense with Profile, as Defense sounds more like armoring than ability to not be hit, while Profile in a military setting is just that - the ability to not be hit, or more specifically, how hittable it is.

This is a semantic thing, though. I've played enough XCOM to understand that definition of Defense.
I originally called it 'To-Hit' but I didn't like that term either. The thing is, different terrain types provide cover which boosts Defense... but they wouldn't boost... or decrease Profile, really. Not to mention, a higher Profile sounds like a bad thing instead of good! xD

WHY DO YOU WANT TO HURT MY BRAIN?!
Wut? Like I said, it's all background stuff. In order to be complex enough to have differences between factions there's going to be a lot of variables at play!

I mean we could long-ways call it a Profile Rating, which implies that a higher rating is better, and taking cover typically does reduce a unit's profile, or rather, if we go with my terminology, increase Profile Rating - or Profile, for short.

I hope I'm not coming off as combative, at this point I see this as a pointless debate, and I feel the need to put all facts onto the table and deconstruct confusions.

I mean we could long-ways call it a Profile Rating, which implies that a higher rating is better, and taking cover typically does reduce a unit's profile, or rather, if we go with my terminology, increase Profile Rating - or Profile, for short.
I think that is worse in terms of trying to make it semantically straightforward. Sorry, I'd rather stick with Defense.

You da baws, baws

Daaaaaaamit I just finished writing up the info about the CSO and GH and said to myself 'oh hey, me, since those are the only two nations that people have expressed interest in joining, why not just go ahead and post the OOC and have the UCCS be a non-playable faction?'

And me said 'oh hey great idea, me! I'll just skip over to Iwaku and- oh, new posts. Oh... interest in the UCCS. Okay then, back to writing.'

xD

Huh? No, this is Strategic War! You'll be commanding dozens of squads, and vehicles and a base and that's just the start. Remember? Katamari Damacy of war? Na naaa na na na nana na naaa na na na nana naaaaa~ Okay if you haven't played the game you won't get that but basically the premise is starting small in scope and gradually getting larger. Only, in the later levels 'small in scope' means rolling up houses and 'getting larger' means rolling up entire countries. So yeah, small squads may be a thing at first, especially if you focus on special forces, but this is war, and wars are won with blood and bullets.

So... When would we be expecting an OOC?

So... When would we be expecting an OOC?
Soon™. Or perhaps 'it'll be up when it's up.' Probably tonight but no promises. Working on a GM post for my other RP.

I'm done with the flavor text for all three factions so all I have left is to finish the advantages for them, plus the perks and abilities... I think I'll hold off on giving all the unit stats until a faction is chosen, just so that it's not too much information to consider at once when voting for which side you all will be playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon™. Or perhaps 'it'll be up when it's up.' Probably tonight but no promises. Working on a GM post for my other RP.

I'm done with the flavor text for all three factions so all I have left is to finish the advantages for them, plus the perks and abilities... I think I'll hold off on giving all the unit stats until a faction is chosen, just so that it's not too much information to consider at once when voting for which side you all will be playing.

And are we going to be managing things on a domestic front? You mentioned resource gathering and production, and that it would happen offscreen. But do we still need to, like, requisition factories and mines?

And are we going to be managing things on a domestic front? You mentioned resource gathering and production, and that it would happen offscreen. But do we still need to, like, requisition factories and mines?
No, you'll be given a portion of the overall wartime Production, based on your rank and (depending on your chosen faction) other influencing factors. All you have to worry about is how you spend that Production to acquire units/upgrades/base buildings etc.

No, you'll be given a portion of the overall wartime Production, based on your rank and (depending on your chosen faction) other influencing factors. All you have to worry about is how you spend that Production to acquire units/upgrades/base buildings etc.

Right. Does that portion change if we get promoted?

All I care about is getting a Meteor Jet or a KV-2. Or are we not having real WWII equipment?

I want this world's equivalent to a Meteor or a KV-2

@VerbalAbuse

I'd just like their equivalent to the p-51 twin mustang

And thoroughly difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.