QHAWEhW.jpg

Character Index

YuzukiB.jpg

The moment the pirate hat lands upon her horn, Niji raises her head up and chomps at the air. She is actually trying to get to the hat… which she never will since it's on her horn. She even prances in a little circle to get the hat… but the darn thing is just too fast for her! But when Albert miraculously grabs it, Niji closes in on him again and sniffs loudly at the hat. She nips at the top of the hat, and her attention is suddenly drawn in the direction Anne and Yuzuki ran in. Her tail whips side to side as she watches the forest, and then her head leans down, and she starts to eat some of the grass. She stays close to Albert, since he has the hat and all. That mischievous hat might try to get away again.

Yuzuki doesn't seem to hear Anne's calls, she doesn't seem to be aware of too much around her. But when Benjie aims at her, her eyes narrow and she leans to one side as she dashes towards him. She doesn't see the gun, persay, since it's kind of shrouded in the underbrush. But she seems to be aware it's being pointed at her. As he falls backwards, Yuzuki skids to a halt before him. She slides closer to him, her feet barely leaving the ground as she moves. Her sword comes forward, and she points it right between his eyes… making sure he gets a very good look at the curve and sharpness of the blade.

She scowls as she stares down at him. He isn't wearing any garb she recognizes… but it looks almost like the same style some in the camp were wearing. But only in the regard of the front of his shirt… the buttons. She had never seen a button up shirt until she came to this place. The Barbin certainly didn't wear that style. But Anne does, and some in Jim's camp.

He doesn't seem thrilled to be at the business end of her sword. Good.

Her left hand grasps the top edge of her scabbard, her knees bent a little as she stares into his eyes. "Who are you? Are you one of Hitler's men? Speak quickly before I take your tongue, bandit!" Her tone is an angry, loud one. One she uses to intimidate. The tone she used when first she came upon poor Albert. Even her posture is the same… except this time she holds a sword to a man's head and not a spear.

But perhaps tone isn't what Benjie would notice most. What he perhaps would notice is that she speaks in his native language, and with perfect dialect and inflection. Or at least... it sounds like she speaks his native tongue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad-22
"Guess'n yer not from here." Anne says approaching the pair with sword out and ready. "Huh." Anne peers down at him "Another from the Orient. Likely ya don't understand English then."

Then the tip of her boot hits the man's gun, and the pirate promptly picks it up, holds it with both hands as she examines it. "Wild guess here, but this must be a future gun. Means this is a future man." Anne runs her hands over the metal, looking for the flintlock and fuse at first. "How does it fire?" She shoulders it like she knows for a musket, aims it away into the forest, and squeezes off one shot. The sound reverbs, startles Anne and likely anyone or thing that hears it. Several woodland critters flee, birds fly away frantically.

"Haha!"Anne exclaims and in her excitement pulls the trigger again, causing more animals to flee and makes her more excited. She holds it horizontally across her chest, looking at it with wide eyes "No long reload? Not even a thick plume of smoke? Amazing!" She grins and looks down at the man "Ya probly don't understand me, but you have a very wonderful gun. I might keep it."

Albert Rhinegard

Albert glances a Niji attempting to nibble the hat and pulls away more before starting to walk towards the other two. By now they've probably already subdued the ma-

Two shots quickly ring out in succession, frightful sounds that make Albert crouch and cover his head, Aw shit, did they get hit? I didn't hear any screaming though... Just laughter? Anne's laughter? Goddamnit, what is she doing?

Holding the hat down on his head, Albert tries to quickly catch up with the pair, tearing through brush and bellowing as loudly as he can, "Stop firing, goddamnit! Don't waste ammo! I know that's you, Anne! Try not to kill the spy, please!" Hopefully they could extract some information from the man, but it would still be at least another minute more before Albert reached them.

While the sword was an unwelcomed sight for Benjie, he maintained focus on the Japanese woman with barely a flinch. His defiant glaze however broke into confusion when the sword lady questioned him in Tagalog, like a native! How is that possible the resistance fighter wondered. Yet such ponderings were interrupted when the words sink in and a scowl surfaced as a result.

(With Hitler, are you insane?! That's funny coming from you. As for cutting out my tongue, go ahead Jap, your kind has done far worse.)

He replied bitterly in his own tongue though it was clear Japanese to Yuzuki through her medallion's translation. Then Benjie noticed drunk Anne picking up his gun and testing it out.

Very reckless and why she is acting like that gun it's something new?

Contrary to what Anne believed, their captive understood English rather well and answered back in the same language fluently.

"I can understand you just fine."

Once he had Anne's attention with that reveal Benjie continued.

"Judging by your accent I take it that you're Irish, perhaps from the countryside. Now why are you calling me a future man and what the is this place?"

As the Filipino finished speaking, he heard a voice, definitely American, complaining loudly behind them. He sighted in resignation as questions continue to mounted within his mind.

Last edited:
YuzukiB.jpg

Yuzuki feels herself grit her teeth as she stares down at the man. As she feels her hips shift a little, preparing to end his life after his insult.

But it occurs to her.

Benjie did insult her. His tone, using the word 'Jap' to address her. 'Your kind' he says… either he has happened upon another from her country in this world… or he's a Stranger also. Given his clothing, Yuzuki is willing to bet it's the latter. "No, I am not insane. My name is Yuzuki Date… please do not call me 'Jap'." She says in a now softer tone, relaxing her stance as she draws her sword away from him.

She takes a step back from Benjie… and is maybe even about to offer him a hand up… but Anne's timing is impeccable. Anne lets off the first show, and Yuzuki reacts much the same way Albert does. She ducks down a little immediately, and she actually drops her sword. It clatters softly against the ground at her side. She looks towards Anne with wide eyes, holding a hand over her ear. Her eyes move towards the thing that Anne holds… future man with future technology? Yuzuki flinches noticeably when Anne fires again, and Yuzuki speaks in an elevated tone… since there's a faint buzzing in her ears now. "Stop that! Why are you doing that?!" Her tone an indignant one.

She watches Anne warily, wondering if she's going to have to take away her new toy. Because it's very loud and very annoying. So… pretty much perfect for Anne. All the more reason for Anne to want it. Yuzuki leans down and grasps her sword once more, her gaze moving towards Benjie once more. "I do not know where you are from… but you seem to be from our world also. As she said… from… a future." With a soft clattering she now draws her sword forward, and with a gentle click replaces it into her scabbard. She is going to say more, but once more is interrupted by one of her companions. She glances over her shoulder in Albert's direction… he speaks with familiarity of Anne's new toy. The thing that the new future man dropped. More evidence he's from the same world as Albert. Probably from around the same time.

But something occurs to her as she looks back towards Benjie. She gasps softly and once more looks in the direction Albert is in, hearing something else. Hearing Niji.

And speaking off… just as Anne is discovering the future flintlock, said unicorn is munching on the grass near Albert rather happily. The first round goes off… and Niji jumps as her gaze shoots towards the forest, her knees bent a little and her ears perked up. Her eyes are wide, looking for the source of whatever that awful noise was. It wasn't the man that captured the pirate hat… it was passed him, deeper in the forest itself. Another shot goes off and Niji jumps again as she lets out a startled cry. She rears up in the hopes of defending herself against whatever that was… and then Albert runs towards the source of the sound. But Niji doesn't want to do that. At all. Instead she does what she always does… she runs towards her mother. Because when she is at her mother's side, she is safe. She isn't afraid. She charges in the direction she knows her mother is… but then stops as she hears a voice from behind her. "Niji!" Yuzuki calls out as the woman runs towards her, Yuzuki passing Albert. And for a moment wondering why Albert is wearing Anne's hat.

Niji prances frightened in place, her tail flicking and her head bobbing with confusion. She wants to run to her mother, but knows she shouldn't. She chose her partner, and her partner chose her. And part of that is a certain trust shared. Niji's dark eyes look in the general direction her mother is (though she can't see her), and then she looks in Yuzuki's direction as the woman comes into sight. Yuzuki slows as Niji comes into her sight, a look of concern on her features. She holds her hands out at her sides as she speaks in as calming a tone as she can towards the very spooked unicorn "It's alright, Niji. There is no danger here." Niji rears up off of her front hooves again as she lets out another loud, alarmed neigh… as if trying to disagree with Yuzuki. But she lowers herself to her hooves, and trots right towards Yuzuki, her head bowed low. With a soft huff Niji nestles herself against Yuzuki, and the woman just smiles a little. "Alright, calm now." And in response Niji does seem to calm. It's as if she can understand Yuzuki's words.

Yuzuki spends a few minutes making sure Niji is calmed, making sure the unicorn is no longer trembling. And after that few minutes, Niji's frightened side seems to have surrendered once more to her playful side. Because now she's playfully nudging against Yuzuki, causing the woman to chuckle as she stumbles back. "Good then… come." She then turns, and she starts to walk back towards the other three Strangers. Yuzuki glances over her shoulder, seeing Niji hesitate. But that only lasts a few moments… and the unicorn trots after Yuzuki.

Together they get back to Benjie, Anne and Albert. Niji is still a little skittish, but has enough faith in Yuzuki to know if there is danger here, they can face it together.

Anne yells after Albert's voice first "I dare ya to come and stop me! I'm gonna be invincible!" She raises the gun like she's going to fire it into the air, but is stopped by Yuzuki yelling for her to do so. She huffs, but lowers it and points it at the ground, holding it in one hand by the grip. "Fiiiine." She pouts and addresses the man.

"Looong story, short man. This is a new world, I'm a pirate, she's a....I forget what, with a unicorn." She points with her thumb in Albert's direction as he approaches. "He's....just some bloke far as even he knows. Knows magic now, which is kinda fun." When Albert does catch up, she takes her hat off his head and places it on her own. "And lastly I call ya future man, because only the future could have such wonderful weapons like this." She shoulders the carbine again, aiming down the sights away from the camp.

Anne's shots has also called others into action. Horse and Xing come running up to Yuzuki, the man holding a bow with an arrow strung and ready.

"What's going on?" Xing asks first, reaching out her hand as if to literally feel the situation out. Horse's keen eyes spies Anne from a distance holding what he can only(correctly) assume is a rifle and brings his bow a little higher, looking around as he asks Yuzuki "Did you stumble on one of this Hitler's men?"

Albert Rhinegard

Albert blinks a few times and, still holding the hat down upon his head while running into brush, looks back at Yuzuki in disbelief, Wait. Is that a normal speed for people? Are Strangers naturally that fast or was Yuzuki always that quick? Something to measure later...

In any case, he returns his attention to the possible spy as Albert finally comes out of the brush next to Anne, the woman taking the hat from his heah who is also holding a rather dangerous firearm. Pausing for a moment to inspect the soldier on the ground, and then Anne, Albert suddenly thrusts his hand out towards her, "Hand over the rifle, Anne. That isn't your technology, and it sure as hell doesn't need to be introduced to this world."

Hand still outstretched towards Anne, Albert then looks at the 'spy' on the ground, "Hmm. World War 2-era rifle. Clothing not indicative of any of the Axis powers. Somewhat Asian, but not Japanese. Probably fought against the Japanese or something." Suddenly, Albert's other hand points along the man's body before becoming an open palm, face up, "You no doubt have additional ammunition, so hand it over. Knives too, and any other assorted weapons. We can't trust you immediately until we have a nice chat, and like I said, this tech is dangerous. Dumb ass pirate here is unlikely to know what a 'safety' is."

If someone told him eariler that all of this nonesense would happen, Benjie would've died of laughter. Yet here he was in the midst of pirates and unicorns, like out of some drunken dream. The real kicker however is what Anne so casually revealed about this being another world.

Seriously?!

He thought, yet the strange surroundings and people seemed pretty much different. The whole realization of it all hit the guerrilla like a sucker punch. His body froze for a half minute, before shaking all over until noticing the third person. Squinting in examination at Albert, he could tell that the guy just slightly younger in age and was American, considering the matter of speech. Yet the shirt and pants looked a bit different than any attire that other Yanks wore, military or civilian.

At the demand to turn over his remaining weaponry and ammo, Benjie displayed a look that silently screamed at Albert with the question 'who side are you on?' Even while he wanted to tell this fellow where to shove it, Sergeant Delfino was a realist. He was outnumbered, lost, and barely had any other options beside getting himself killed needlessly.

With an accusing glare at Albert, the Filipino fighter proceeded to disarm. First he pulled out the ammo belt, then the Colt 45. pistol from the holster, then his bolo blade, and finally his remaining two MK 2 grenades. Once the weapons were taken aside Benjie sat up, preparing for the upcoming interrogation.

"I'll save you the trouble, and answer the obvious questions you may have. The name is Benjie Delfino, sergeant in the Western Luzon Guerrilla Force, fighting to free the Philippines, my homeland. I was in the middle of combat when knocked off a cliff and darkness took me. Then when conscious I found myself here in this...fantasy. Then spotted smoke nearby and it lead me here to your camp and was scouting out it, until your Japanese associate detected me.

Anything else Mack?"

Shaking his head at the sheer of madness of what he just said, Benjie muttered to himself.

"None of this makes any sense, I need a drink."

(Colt .45: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net..._Colt45.png/revision/latest?cb=20100718142933)

(Bolo Knife: File:Luzon bolo chisel ground.JPG - Wikipedia)

(Mk2 grenade: File:MkII 07.JPG - Wikipedia)

Last edited:
YuzukiB.jpg

A small thoughtful frown is upon the lips of the samurai as she makes her way back in the general direction of Albert, Anne and Benjie. A new person suddenly appeared in this new world from their old one… and yet another from the future. At least the future from Yuzuki's perspective. Pretty much everyone she's met so far has been from her future. Or a possible future…

She would glance over her shoulder towards the unicorn following her path as she hears Niji give a little whinny, and her eyes then draw towards the source of Niji's excitement/fear. Yuzuki's eyes widen a little as Horse and Xing run up to her, Horse looking like he's ready to go into battle. Yuzuki gives a quick look around as her hand hovers over the hilt of her sword, making sure there isn't some new menace. Another new Stranger… one of Hitler's men…

Immediately, in spite of what danger there might be, Niji prances right up to Xing. The unicorn gently and playfully nudges against Xing's side with her muzzle (keeping her horn well out of the way of course), as she has done many times before when she wanted attention from the woman. Yuzuki lets out a relieved sigh, relaxing her stance as she shakes her head. A gentle smile upon her lips as she addresses Xing and Horse, motioning them to slow down. "No, no it is alright friends. I think." She says with something of a nervous chuckle.

Yuzuki motions in the direction she was walking with Niji. "We have come across another from our world… newly arrived I would think." Judging by Benjie's reactions. "Anne was playing with his… um… it's some kind of firearm I think… some kind of futuristic ghost weapon. He isn't with Hitler, not that we can tell." She looks in the direction of the others as she continues. "We'll deal with him, friends." She looks back towards Horse and Xing, half bowing to them. "Please accept our apologies… we did not mean to alarm anyone. Poor Niji got the life scared out of her." She says with a gentle chuckle, that being the first time Horse and Xing would have heard the unicorn's new name. And when Yuzuki says her name, her ears perk up and her dark eyes move towards the woman, then back to Xing as she continues to fish for attention from her.

Anne sticks her tongue out at Albert as she hands over the gun. "Just so ya know Al, I'm only givin' it to ya fer yer sake." The pirate then watches as Benjie hands over the rest of what to her looks like a small arsenal. The make of the grenades is too unfamiliar for her to recognize them as such, but she does grab the knife and examine it with wide eyes. "Oi….not a bad knife either." She reaches down into her boot and takes out the hidden dagger from there, looks at both side by side in each hand. This comparison holds her attention for most of Benjie's explanation of who he is, until she hears the man mutter that he needs a drink.

"Why what a coinc...coincidence! I got a cask of rum I'd be willin' to share." She bends down at the waist to Benji while handing Albert the bolo knife, replacing hers in its hiding spot and whispers "Play nice and we'll be good drinkin' mates. The others are either dry or teabaggers." She says, her drunken state causing her to be overly friendly to someone she knows little about. She then looks at his hat intently "Also, like yer hat."

Meanwhile, Xing relaxes and pets the young unicorn on her muzzle "Poor girl. Niji is your name now? Good for you girl." She gives the unicorn a kiss between the eyes.

Horse doesn't relax his stance as he looks over at the scene, then scans the area slowly. "First that man from Red Shield. Now this one. I don't like-" Horse is cut off by the sound of several shrill cries from the sky. They have the pitch of a bird's cry, yet somehow end with the rumble of a big cat's roar. Their source can't be seen, but Horse's eyes dart to the North, then East as he brings his bow up and yells. "Terror birds!" moments before another series of shrill-rumbling cries ring out.

Overhead through the canopy of trees, they see the silhouettes of creatures with enormous wings come between them and the sunlight. Horse lets an arrow fly at one, but it misses. Then they hear several human voices in the air chant "Tora Tora Tora!" followed by an explosion from the camp.

"No!" Horse yells as a plume of fire and smoke comes forth from the midst of the encampment. The mother unicorn comes running to his side, neighing and whinnying not in fear, but insistence Horse get on her back. The man obliges, and she carries him at full gallop back to the camp with bow ready.

Xing was clutching Nijji tightly out of sheer fright for a moment, but releases the unicorn as she turns to the West away from the group. Her hands and feet spring into the form they'd seen before. A hail of arrows come from the forest towards them. Xing dodges a few, with unnatural speed uses her hands to strike the arrow shafts so they deflect harmlessly.

Anne, Albert, and Benjie are the first to see some of the attackers. More accurately, Anne is the first to be hurt as she takes a crossbow bolt to her side and falls over with a scream of pain at Albert's feet. Four of them sprint forth from hiding and approach with crossbows trained. They are all men with their faces wrapped up in cloth save the eyes, wearing light leather armor over chainmail shirts and pants. "Surrender!" Orders one.

Anne looks up at Albert while clutching her side, gritting her teeth through the pain "If ya know how to use that future gun better than me, I'd use it now....damn..."

Albert Rhinegard

Albert smiles a bit as Anne hands the rifle over, "For my sake? Whatever. This is a thing of beauty. Old for my time, but effective." The man also proceeds to take ammo belt, wrap it about his waist, stow the knife within it, the grenades in his right pocket and holds the pistol for a moment, remarking, "A 1911? You really are from back in the day. What I wouldn't give for an M4, M16, or maybe a minigun if it came to it here..." before stowing it too in his left pocket.

Shouldering the rifle and pretending that suddenly he was part of the military, Albert laughs, "By the way, World War 2 ends in Allied victory. Yuzuki is not your enemy. I don't quite yet tru-"

The cries of the Terror Birds sound across the sky, sending a shiver down the man's spine, "What the hell..." Looking up for a moment, Albert catches glimpses of the beasts, and upon hearing the explosion in the distance followed by Horse's somewhat distant bellow, adrenaline suddenly floods his blood. Nearly shaking with a mixture of fear, anger, and amped up on biological speed, Albert brings the rifle up in preparation, scanning the forest, "Anne, we nee-"

Damn it. Once more he's interrupted by the woman crying out in pain, falling the floor, along with the sound of leaves and twigs snapping as the leather-clad men appear. Albert doesn't even hear Anne as she speaks to him, one of them ordering a surrender.

Albert's eyes fall down upon the sights as he brings the rifle to bear on the first one, immediately firing a round as close to the marauder's center of mass as possible, while yelling in a voice full of fury meant to be magnified by reality-bending magic, cooking up a hair-brained plan even if he misses, "You," another round leaves the barrel as the rifle slides its eye towards the second bandit, "dare," a third cuts the wind itself asunder, eager to shred yet another man's heart, "cross me?!" Within such a short period of time, Albert releases the fourth round towards the final man, barking at any who survive, "You insolent scum! Bow to your Lord!"

Leave it to a somewhat megalomaniacal nerd from Texas to think of a scheme like that.

Needless to say watching two strangers messing with his weapons, didn't sit well with Benjie. He would've said something about it when Anne drew closer, offering rum. At a lost for words, the guerrilla fighter couldn't help but think.

She would've hated prohibition, but then again that was repealed before the war.

The sight of Albert stowing his gear and playing around like he was in the army, however distracted him from answering the offer. Offended at the very sight Sergeant Delfino resentfully, squeezed hands into fists. He barely heard anything Al just said, as he watched the bolo blade be put away like it was some prized trophy.

Benjie would've jumped at the American for that offense if it had not been the strange and sudden noises above, followed by an explosion at the camp from behind. Then Anne cried out in pain and Benjie turned around and saw four medieval armored figures advancing on their position, one of them demanding surrender. The 'soft looking' American sprang into action, firing on the hostiles and yelled out as a madman. The first duo collapsed dead with the third shot in the shoulder and dropped to the side and his remaining comrade ducked for cover behind a tree trunk and shot another bolt toward the small group of Strangers.

Not for one to do noting, Benjie rolled over to Albert's side and snatched one of the grenades in the right pocket, pulled its pin, and shouted.

"Frag out!"

He tossed the bomb and it landed behind the trunk where the last bandit before igniting into a small and short explosion. Crashing down with a thud, the crossbowman laid lifeless in bloodstain shredded armor with his other compatriot who was killed by the blast as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
YuzukiB.jpg

Niji's front hooves clomp against the ground happily when Xing addresses her. Well basically when someone gave her the attention she deserves! Yuzuki smiles softly as she watches… once more realizing that Niji isn't like the domesticated horses she has ever encountered. Even her own Yukana didn't have this much… well all out personality. Yukana did have personality, of course. But Niji seems almost… well more attentive. Intelligent, perhaps is the right word.

Out of the corner of her eyes Yuzuki looks towards Horse when he starts to speak. She knows where he's going with his line of thought, and she would agree with him. If she had the chance. Her eyes widen and she looks around herself as she hears the calls of the gryphons. She can't see them yet…but Niji immediately lets out a shrill frightened whinny when Xing clings to her. With Horse's exclamation, Yuzuki's gaze follows his. She feels her breath catch in her throat when she sees the giant… bird… cat… things… but there's something else that frightens her. The people yell… 'Tora tora tora'… those are the words she hears, but the word 'tora' means 'tiger' in her native tongue. She hopes it's a coincidence.

Yuzuki's hand whips over her waist to grab her sword. With the same a speed that matches Xing's she has shown in battle, she leans in the direction of the oncoming gryphons. With the flash of steel, she unsheathes her katana and swings it downwards at the same time. When she does, 3 arrows are deflected away… one of them halved. She looks in the direction of the camp… it's being attack. She looks in the direction she left Albert, Anne and the new Stranger… she lets out an aggravated "Kih!"… and she starts to run back in the direction she left her group. Niji lets out a loud neigh as she looks in the direction her mother and Horse goes… but she gallops after Yuzuki… doing her best to catch up to the woman.

And as she gets closer to them… she cringes as she hears Albert's 'voice', causing her to stumble a few steps. She just wasn't ready for that. And she's also not ready for the sight she comes upon. Albert killing men with the other future man's weapon. Anne on the ground in pain. The sudden explosion from the grenade causes her to actually fall back on her ass, dropping her sword. Such weapons… ghost weapons… but unimaginably powerful.

Frighteningly powerful.

She had no idea. While to Albert and Benjie it might seem… well like nothing special… Yuzuki finds herself genuinely frightened. Niji comes up behind her and nudges her with her muzzle to urge her up. And Yuzuki obliges, jumping to her feet as she scoops up her sword. She takes a deep breath and sheathes her sword as she kneels next to Anne, scowling as she looks her over. "Anne just relax… I'm not going to pull that out. It's keeping you from bleeding out for now, I know it hurts. But…" she looks towards the casket of rum. She speaks as she looks back to Anne. "Albert, give her some of her rum, and quickly!" Poor Albert, being bossed around after such a brilliant showing of ability! She looks in the direction of Benjie then as she scowls to him…and she speaks once more in a stern tone. "You! Your experienced with these weapons." Since he brought them and all. "Use them to defend Anne and Albert. Stay out here… kill anyone with this emblem on their clothes." She leans down and quickly draws a swastika in the dirt next to her sandaled foot. "Don't hesitate, end their lives. Give them death." She now pushes herself to her feet, and she once more unsheathes her sword. "I have to go back to the camp, they are being overrun." Or so she assumes. Her true fear… the attackers have weapons like Benjie's….

Speaking of the Jim's encampment…

One of the gryphons veers down into the heart of the camp. Jim's people do their best to fight off the foot-soldiers that have entered the camp. And much thanks to Xing and Horse's training, they are easily holding their own.

But that's about to change.

A woman leaps from the back of one of the gryphons, landing in a crouch at first. She draws a sword from her side, a shield off of her back. Her features are concealed under her hood, her form bound with leather and straps. One of the defenders of camp runs right towards her… he's feeling confident that he just killed one of the attackers. But as he approaches the woman, she moves towards him unexpectedly and smacks him with the front of her shield. He stumbles back as she stabs her sword through his heart, killing him immediately. Some of his pals yell out, and a group of 3 men and 2 women notice the dark clad woman. As one they run towards her, intending to kill her. But as they do… a smell fills the immediate area around her.

The smell of flesh being burned.

Under the leather straps, her exposed skin starts to redden and bubble. It chars as she leans towards the oncoming defenders. She grits her teeth with the pain, and her eyes flash. When this happens… the area just in front of the 5 defenders explodes like a bomb. 3 of them are disintegrated instantly, the other 2 are blown into small chunks. Horrified, another of the defenders charges towards her. A second aims his bow at the woman. The air around her starts to heat up as the charging man gets closer… and the air explodes directly in front of his face. His head explodes and he just topples. The archer, she fires an arrow at the attacker… but just before the arrow would strike her in the chest, it seems to disintegrate in the air. She looks towards the archer, and her bow explodes… and then the area beneath her feet explodes, killing her instantly.

The other defenders… they start to retreat. They don't know what this woman is, but they know they are no match for her. Not for her and the rest of the soldiers now entering camp. The exposed and charred flesh of her body heals itself almost instantly as she now strides in the direction of Jim's tent. "Morrison!" She calls out, her voice having a heavy French accent. "Come out… surrender peacefully… or I will kill every man, woman and child associated with you." As if to show she means it, the top of Jim's tent suddenly explodes with just a flash of her eyes.

The cries of the Terror Birds aside, the boom of the gun, the grenade, and Albert's voice are similar enough to the sounds of a naval battle with ship cannons firing that it triggers a reaction in the wounded pirate.

"All hands!" Anne tries to get up, but is stopped by the timely arrival of Yuzuki from rising and hurting herself further. "But but...the ship!"She pleads with them, looking at both Yuzuki and Albert with wide darting eyes, labored breath, and a clenched jaw. At the order she be given her rum, Anne comes partly out of her episode and looks at the cask she'd dropped. "Yes! Gimme the rum!" The pirate tries to drag herself towards the rum, but the motion causes her to scream in pain again, and she slumps facedown onto the ground. "Somebody... pour rum on this thing before it goes green." She groans and growls.

Xing meanwhile has stayed in place, unsure which situation to join until she senses Yuzuki running back to the camps. That seals it for her. The men likely have Anne covered, she can join the frightful fight at the camp. But as Xing starts running alongside Yuzuki, the two only take a few steps before they are assailed from above not by arrows, but the talons of a gryphon that comes swooping down. Xing dodges the talons and powerful swipe of its wings, but the rider leaps off its back and engages her in hand-to-hand. The man is dressed in a green militaristic uniform, has a pistol in a holster on his hip, a sword sheathed on the other, and is Japanese in appearance. He says nothing, only makes grunts as the two fight too close and too fast for any with guns to get a clear shot without risking Xing. The two utilize very different styles, but are on even footing as the man even matches Xing's speed. This match tips in the man's favor as with a battle cry, he unsheathes his sword and gives Xing 30 inches of steel to dodge in addition to his strikes.

ik.jpg

Back at the camp, Horse leaps off the mother unicorn and engages footsoldiers. He alternates between using the bow both as intended and a melee weapon, and displays an uncanny ability to dodge any strike the soldiers can muster from any angle. When the woman makes her flashy appearance and kills some of his people, Horse moves to fight her but is distracted by the other enemies who try to capitalize on the shock and awe. He downs five soldiers before he can move on the woman again, moments before she issues her ultimatum to Jim. He stands still a few moments, as he succumbs to surprise. This was unlike anything he's seen before.

When the tent is destroyed, engulfed in flame and smoke, said flames and smoke gather into one large amorphous blob roughly the size of a one story house. They take the shape of Jim himself with the main body being smoke, the eyes and hair composed of flames. The figure swipes at the assailants with its hands of smoke. Every enemy engulfed briefly by the smoke goes into a fit of screaming and fall to their knees, dropping weapons. The real Jim steps out of his creation. To those affected by his power, they see him and his followers as beings with green scaled skin and yellow eyes. This causes them to recoil in fear, some to outright flee.

Joan, unaffected by this power, sees Jim as he truly is but now with an intense glare and literal flaming fists. He doesn't recognize the woman for who she is, and also doesn't appear to care enough to even banter. The man simply throws fireballs at Joan that enlarge until together both are big enough to encase the woman.

Meanwhile, in all thise madness, Charlan has regained conciousness and is choosing to flee rather than fight. He's made it away from the main fighting, and frantically withdraws his Shield Stick as he finds a point on a hill to overlook the battle, hunkers down, and searches in vain for his Seer Orb. He thinks only that he needs to send an all-points emergency call to the rest of Red Shield. Warfare was not in his official duties, and even if it was...he didn't know which side to be on.

Albert Rhinegard

It was surprisingly satisfying to see the first two men drop dead to the ground, Albert's lips twisting into a bit of a smile while his heart still raced. The return fire made him bend slightly and lose focus for a moment, suddenly once more aware that his own life might be in danger, long enough for the 'spy' to grab hold of one of the grenades Albert had taken and chuck it at the men.

Albert knew well the term 'Frag out,' glancing at Benjie in surprise before dropping to the ground, internally screaming, Goddamnit, that's fucking close!

The appearance of Yuzuki soothed Albert a bit, who began to come back to his senses, pulse dropping, perspiration slowing. Still, the adrenaline did rage on to an extent, but not so much that Albert was still likely to return to that prior 'insanity'. It was difficult to listen to Yuzuki with the slight ringing in Albert's ears, but he mostly made out her words, deciding to set the rifle and its ammunition next to the soldier before moving to Anne, tossing back towards their momentary prisoner, "I'm keeping the pistol just in case. Bringing a knife to a gun fight is a terrible idea..."

Dropping to his knees next to her, Albert scanned the woman and ignored whatever trumpeting she decided to do, instead forcefully grabbing the bolt and yelling at her, "Take a deep breath and hold it!," before withdrawing the bolt painfully. More blood would undoubtedly begin to pour, but Albert tossed the weapon away and then held his hands over the wound, closed his eyes, and envisioned the bacteria and viruses invading the opening dying spontaneously, followed by the rapid coagulation of blood and growth of new tissue to heal and seal Anne's punctured body. Around him, the sounds of battle died away as Albert felt himself listening only to the distant murmur of Anne's pounding heart, the circulation of blood, and spread of nutrients combined with Albert's own slowed breath. If successful, the healing would probably eat some of Anne's energy, but the woman was typically bursting with it anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Camleen and Ms.Ezra
Sighing with relief at the outcome, Benjie finally stood up with his ears still ringing. The resistance fighter then slightly grimanced at the sight of wounded Anne. All things considered, it wasn't the worse wound he ever seen, but imagined it hurt like hell for the pirate lady. Just then Yuzuki had appeared in an flash like from before. Benjie's displeasure at her presence was more evident when she scowl at him in an accusing matter before proceeding to give him commands.

Do all Japanese feel the urge to lord over everyone else?

Benjie thought resentfully, like he needed her to know what to do. He scowl back in defiance toward her until seeing the symbol the samarui drew on the ground.

Nazis are here too? Things just keep getting complicated.

Once Yuzuki left for the besieged camp, Benjie took back the gun and ammo belt Albert tossed aside while tending to Anne. The Filipino took cover in front of a tree stump next to the other two, on the left side. He swore under his breath, reloading the carbine with the last ammo clip. Five rounds and a bolo blade for weaponry, hopefully they don't face a serious attack soon or else they're screwed.

Looking over the shoulder, Benjie sighted, watching Albert using both hands to cover up his comrade's wound. Pulling a first kit from the haversack, Sgt. Deflino brought out bandage from it.

"Here, this will help."

Handing over the bandage to Albert, the guerilla then took the cask of rum and let Anne take a snip calm her down, while she gets patched up.

Last edited:
YuzukiB.jpg

As Yuzuki moves towards camp with Xing… Niji watches them go off towards the source of all of the nasty noise. She stands just outside of the clearing Anne, Albert and Benjie are in, looking in. She looks towards Jim's besieged camp, and then back towards the three Strangers. She looks then in the direction of the men that had been killed by Albert and Benjie, just kind of staring at them for a few moments. Her gaze then snaps to Anne as she yells out in pain, and Niji rears up a little as she lets out a soft neigh. She seems to settle and stares at the trio… her gaze once more moving towards the bodies at the outskirts of the clearing. Her head bobs downwards as she shakes it, her mane whipping back and forth, and she lets out another little neigh. She starts to trot into the clearing, her gaze snapping suddenly in the direction of the camp. She keeps along the outskirts of their clearing, not really getting close to Albert, Anne and Benjie. And she stays well clear of the bodies. She bounds into the forest proper through the underbrush, moving more like a deer would instead of a large horse. She moves away from the camp and the clearing, bounding through the forest. She then goes into a gallop as she gets clear of the trees, and heads in the direction of one of the hills her mother often took her. This particular hill was a very pleasant spot for her. Always safe, tranquil. And it was one of her favorite spots. She expects to see her mother here… but she doesn't. She lets out a loud whinny, thinking her mother will hear her from somewhere on the hill. But no response. But she does see someone on her little hill. She lets out a loud whinny as she trots quickly towards Charlan, remembering him from the camp. All she knows of him is that Horse and Xing didn't like him, they restrained him. So that tells her that she shouldn't like him. She lets out another loud neigh as she stares at Charlan, her tail flicking side to side anxiously. She had hoped that Horse or Xing would come running when she called out… but they are of course busy. Even her human is busy right now with the other people and the loud noises. She moves closer to Charlan, her head bowed down, her ears perked up and her horn pointed right at him as she moves closer to him. She tries to seem as intimidating as she can, maybe he'll tie himself up when he realizes what he's up against.

As she dashes towards the camp with Xing, Yuzuki's eyes squint and she assesses the situation. And it isn't good. Most of these people look to be simple foot-soldiers. The pawns in the game. But she makes out one that doesn't seem to be that. A woman, holding a shield and sword. She is trying to get a better look at her… but she suddenly goes into a quick forward roll as she grunts loudly. She seems to move on instinct, she's noticing more and more that she's been able to avoid dangers just by… seeming to be aware that they are coming. The men at the Barbin camp… oh, when the new Stranger was watching them. He was clearly holding his future gun, and probably had it aimed at her when she was moving towards him. Is that why she felt the sudden urge to move to one side? A danger had presented itself?

Yuzuki stops in a crouched position, her sword held out at her side, her free hand planted on the ground between her sandaled feet. She glances in the direction of the camp… but as she looks towards Xing she notices the man she is now engaging. Her eyes narrow as she pushes herself to her feet, staring at him. She starts to stride towards him… seeing the scabbard at his side. The clothing he wears… it's very similar to the man she encountered, the one with the frightening ghost weapons. It's very possible he's another Stranger… and one from the future. He has a small… she thinks… gun on his hip. If it's as powerful as the other weapons…

Her eyes narrow as the man now goes for his sword. Xing is barely holding her own, she'll be at a real disadvantage if he's armed. She darts in their direction as she swoops her own sword low. She is suddenly upon them, and with uncanny precision she swings her own sword upwards, just as the man swings his down. With the sound of metal clinking loudly she deflects his sword away from Xing. As his sword's blade bounces off of hers, her left hand forms into a fist and thrusts forward towards the man's midsection as Yuzuki calls out. "Xing, the camp needs you! Go, I'll grant this one the death he desires so badly!" All of this is happening to fast for Yuzuki to get a good look at the man, or his sword. All she knows is his clothing is similar to Benjie's, and he's a threat.

The Burning Woman doesn't move with Jim's little display of smoke and fire. She just stares right where Jim, the real Jim, would be. Her own eyes are hidden by her hood, she just watches him. She seems unaffected by the plights of those around her. As they fall to his trickery, as they run in fear. But when he shows his true self to her, her head tilts to one side. She nods a little as she sheathes her sword and just drops her shield, her eyes watching Jim's. Seeing the hate in them, recognizing his power for what it is now. She has been told he is from her own world, centuries in the future. She was never told what his ability was… but she thinks she has seen part of it. But the way he manipulates flames… she thinks that's something else.

The orbs of fire rocket towards her, and her hands thrust up as once more her skin starts to burn. She grits her teeth and lets out a pained groan as those fireballs stop right in front of her. She turns her hands and moves her fingers, the orbs of fire moving with the direction of her hand. She looks towards those left of Jim's camp, and just picks someone random. Her eyes move back to Jim, and she speaks in a low and pained tone. "I did warn you." Her hands sweep to one side and the very large fireballs travel along the ground at a frightening speed, and then collide with one of the women from Jim's camp. But instead of exploding or something cool like that… the balls of fire simply surround her. She stops in fright, and she starts to panic as she is imprisoned out of nowhere. She starts to whimper loudly as the woman looks in Jim's general direction… and then the Burned Woman closes her fists. The trapped woman lets out a painful howl as the flames engulf her, actually closing in on her. She screams as she is burned alive… and the Burned Woman opens her hands suddenly. The flames dissipate, and the woman falls to the ground, her body charred, her skin boiling in places and simply falling away in others. Under her hood, tears trickle from the Burned Woman's cheeks as her hands fall to her sides, her skin healing itself rapidly.

But as she lays there, the victim starts to stir. She's still alive. The Burned Woman didn't allow her to die.

"Your tricks… your powers… now you must realize they are simply nothing to me. I won't kill you, Morrison, but I will burn every single one of them. And then maybe I allow them to die. Surrender. You are beaten. It's the only way to save these people. To save... I don't know... him." She motions to another of Jim's camp, his leg slashed. He lays on the ground, staring horrified at the charred woman not 10 feet away from him. And as the Burning Woman stares at Jim, her skin once more starts to boil and sizzle. As if in warning of the hell she is about to unleash..

Charlan watches the unicorn come up to him, and having been watching the camp knows this one is an adolescent. He smiles nervously, brings his hand up ready to pet her. "Hey girl....you're scared, right? You want attention? Or..." His other hand rips up some of the grass and he holds it out for her. "The grass is good, right?" He hopes this unicorn won't try to gore him, maybe even let him ride her out of this place. By horse(or unicorn in this case) the next settlement was half a day away. He'd be home before nightfall.

===============

"Wait what are you...no don't...graawww!" Anne nearly whips her hand back to hit Albert with all the strength she can muster, but the pain makes her vision blur and body freeze. "Albert I'm gonna..I'm gonna...." Anne says through groans about to threaten him with making him literally less of a man, but then she has the odd sensation of her body healing. It's like a heat, a subtle tingle that simultaneously makes her feel tired as if her physical energy were being sapped. She turns her head to look at what Albert is doing, and sees that he's somehow doing this. To her delight the other man brings the rum and she does not sip, but takes it from him and has a long gulp. "Muuch better. Thank ya soldier boy." She gives her thanks to Benjie, as the rum not only performs its intended function, but also restores a portion of the energy the healing sapped. "Here, have yer share before I drink that too." The pirate says giving Benjie the cask back. Soon enough, the wound has closed completely. When Albert takes his hands away, Anne rises to her feet spry as ever, adjusting her hat looking at Albert.

"You boys done good. Now what the hell is going on?" Anne looks first at the fight between Xing and Yuzuki with the unknown Asian man, then her sight is drawn by the spectacle of a giant Jim made from smoke and fire. Being the closest, she unsheathes her cutlass and moves to join the fight against the unknown man. But then an arrow impales her hat to a nearby tree. Anne drops down to the ground again and takes cover behind the stump with Benjie. She gives a growl of anger as she racks her brain for a plan. Yuzuki and Xing had been fast enough the archer(or archers) hadn't bothered to even try to shoot. And the unicorn...maybe they just didn't have the heart to shoot at one? But the three of them were being pinned to their position. To what purpose? Not her present concern.

Then she has an idea.

"Alright Al. Ya used yer magic to fix me up." She looks over at the young man. "There a chance if I draw their fire, yer magic can turn their arrows back?" Then she looks beside her at Benjie "And you, that'll have 'em good and startled. Ya like sitting scared ducks?" It might be too soon for some to trust someone they just met, but Anne considers any man to give her a drink of rum worth something close to trust at least temporarily.

===================

Caught completely off guard, the unknown man is hit in the stomach but the action only elicits a "Gah" of pain and a sneer of contempt. In the moments their swords clash, he sees the detail of her sword and when deflected, aims a kick at her chest that will no doubt be dodged. When it is, he comes back with a sideways slash intended for her head that is also blocked, but he leans in to get a closer look at her sword. He scowls, bares his teeth in a grimace and takes several steps back, holding his sword ready and locking eyes with her.

"Where....where did you get that sword, woman?!" He demands as the two begin to circle each other, waiting for any indication of an opening. "I am Date Hizashi, and I demand to know how you have my clan's sword!" He leers and adds "And why is a peasant trying to dress like a samurai? Disgraceful! A shabby imitation!"

Xing does not protest Yuzuki's order. She runs to the camp, but falls to her knees as she feels the fear and death permeating the camp that had only a short while ago been filled with music and camaraderie, with her adopted family enjoying themselves. Now her white eyes tear up feeling fear, death, hate. "No no no...this can't be..." She has never felt conflict like this before, and it's simply too much for the young woman to bear. Worst of all, she reaches out and feels several of her students, but only their bodies. Not their spirit. They had been less ready than her for this battle, and could only fight valiantly before this woman radiating with hate and anger proved they were only that, students.

===================

"No!" both Jim and Horse exclaim when the woman turns the flames on one of their people. Horse comes to her side, and looks down into her charred face. He places his hands over her body, but brings them back and hits the ground, hangs his head. He knows he can do nothing for her even with magic as he does not have the medical knowledge necessary. Neither would Xing even if she were here. So he takes a knife from nearby, says a sorrowful "I am sorry. We have failed you." and with one plunge of the knife into her heart, ends her suffering. He withdraws the knife and turns his attention back to Jim and the leader of this war party.

Jim has been watching this scene, and his anger dissipates same as his construct. It is carried away by the wind, lacking his resolve to maintain form. He looks at the woman, and raises his hands in surrender. "Please. No more." He steps forward slowly, motions for Horse to stand down when he rises and tells him "Don't, Horse. I'm going away. Maybe for forever. The rest of our people need you, and Xing." He then tells the man "Warn everyone you can. That kid, tell him to remember Norway and Denmark."

When he comes within arms reach of Joan, he looks her in the eyes. "I know why they want me; same reason they want you. I will go be his weapon." He closes his eyes, brings his hands down to hang by his sides like hers. When he opens them, he says "Have you made this mortal man your Lord? He will fail you, as I've failed them."

Albert Rhinegard

Albert's focused mind ignored the bandage that Benjie offered, knowing that the man likely had no idea what magic was capable of. Of course, Albert did have the idea in the back of his mind that it might not work, but when Anne rises so effortlessly, Albert sighs, opens his eyes, and relaxes for a moment as Anne absorbs the situation. When the arrow sails through the air and joins Anne's hat to a tree, Albert jumps in shock a bit before ducking closer to the ground.

Anne's idea flows through Albert's mind with an air of insanity, especially considering all Albert has done magically is move fire and heal the woman, the healing likely being the most 'difficult'. And now Anne wants him to return arrows from whence they came? A few moments pass as the man's eyes narrow, his brain trying to calculate how best to use physics to redirect arrows. Centripetal force? A field that perfectly reflects the arrow? That could possibly do it. But the feathers would need to be in the right place...

"I'll give it a try. No guarantees." Albert prepared himself, lying there on the ground, seemingly helpless. If Anne ran, he'd form a mental field around her a few meters in either direction. In his mind's eye, Albert could see the arrows entering the field, being pulled in a modified 'circle' as if by an invisible rope that would spit them back out with the same force but reversed velocity that they entered with, the field siphoning the energy from the grass within its grasp to redirect the projectiles. Theoretically, that should send the arrows back along the same trajectory they were fired from.

Just like that Benjie was reminded that this was not Earth when watching Albert sealed up the wound through magic. Pulling the bandage back he couldn't help but chuckle, watching the pirate woman gupled down rum.

Definitely a sailor.

Was his silent analysis before nodding when she gave her thanks and offered some of the beravage. Shrugging his shoulders Benjie then said in English.

"I'll take you up on the offer once we survive this mess."

Like the pirate he looked at the burning camp, noting the giant visage of angry man above briefly until Yuzuki's duel caught his attention a moment later. Eyes narrowed and his grip tighten on the gun, instantly recognizing the Imperial Japanese Army uniform that the opponent wore, an officer's style it seemed. Benjie would've aimed for him if it had not been for the bolt that stuck Anne's hat to a tree. Acting on hard earned instinct the Filipino fighter took cover back at the fallen tree trunk and listen to what the pirate proposed.

Sounds risky but they didn't had much options right now. He acknowledged back to Anne, drawing forth his bolo blade with the right hand and answered in an voice filled with ironclad determination.

"Just give the word and I'll gut him."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ms.Ezra