QHAWEhW.jpg

Character Index

"Alright alright." Anne rolls her eyes and waves her hand "We'll leave after Yuzuki does..whatever she's been invited to do. Wasn't really paying attention, to be honest. She gets closer to Jim, rubs his shoulders while smiling. "Ya have my word, next time we'll get to know a lot more 'bout each other."

Jim smiles back, still juggling the Seer Orb "I don't know….what's the worth of a pirate's word? Seems the kinda thing that'll break my heart."

Anne grins and gives him a peck on each cheek "Promise I'll try not to break anything. Try." She winks and Jim chuckles, winks back. The two break their moment, and turn to follow Horse as he gestures for them to follow him through the camp. His unicorn stays close, between him and Yuzuki. Anne comes up beside the unicorn, and makes to touch it as if; the unicorn huffs causing Anne to recoil. "Fiiiine then, never been into horses meself anyway."

Horse comments flatly "You are less than honorable." To which Anne scoffs but offers no more reply.

They come to the edge of the encampment, where they are met by another unicorn. While not a 'baby' as expected, it is noticeably smaller than the other and trots through the trees in a very spirited manner. It is also not pure white like the mother, but a very light grey. The horn is not as shiny, more a pale yellow. The mane is also dark brown.

The mother unicorn neighs, and the younger stops trotting. It comes up to the group, but pauses. It's eyes go from its mother, to Horse, then falling on Yuzuki. It slowly walks up to Yuzuki, maintaining eye contact with her until within sniffing reach. It sniffs her forehead, then her hair, and suddenly Yuzuki feels it lick her forehead and clops its front hooves in excitement.

"She has accepted you." Horse says to Yuzuki, patting the young one on the neck to calm her down. "Will you accept her? Soon the mother will have no choice but to chase her away to find a rider or herd on her own."

Albert Rhinegard

The man could barely keep himself from whispering some insult like 'skank' or feeling a bit of vomit come up at the back of his mouth as Anne so openly implied she was going to take a ride on a different type of unicorn in the future, Ugh, definitely not interested in such an... uncouth woman. Man does that sound elitist in a way. What he did do, however, was roll his eyes greatly before accompanying them to the edge of the camp.

Seeing the young unicorn come up to and 'claim' Yuzuki made Albert's eyebrows raise in astonishment before readjusting his glasses, muttering, "Well, it's not a car, but a unicorn is probably the next best thing. Actually, I think I'd rather have a dragon, but that would probably eat me... Hmm..." Albert offered no advice for or against taking the creature, figuring the choice should entirely be Yuzuki's.

YuzukiB.jpg

Yuzuki obediently follows Horse and the horned horse, her left hand draped over the hilt of her sword. Of the ways she saw her life going at one point, this was certainly not on that particular list. It's almost laughable, the situation she finds herself in. Despite that, she's almost sure this won't be the most ridiculous or outrageous thing she encounters before week's end.

The small group comes to the edge of the camp itself, and her eyes cast out towards the trees. Almost immediately does she find her smile widening a bit with the sight of the younger unicorn. It's obviously not as mature as the first unicorn, but undoubtedly kin. Yuzuki looks towards the mother as she calls child, and then her gaze moves towards said child. She indeed finds her eyes locked with its eyes, but only out of respect and not some show of superiority.

Yuzuki cannot help but grin widely as eyes now close while the young one sniffs at her face and hair. She then lets out a soft gasp as she feels the lock upon her face, and she takes a little half step back in surprise. A soft chuckle elicits forth as she watches the unicorn, one of her arms coming up to wipe at her on face. Her other hand comes up, resting very lightly upon the muzzle of the younger unicorn.

Towards Horse does she look out of the corner of her eyes, still smiling. But when his words register with her… she looks back towards the young one, and then its mother. "I…" she says softly, with hesitation. Now she feels a certain fear rise in her heart as she stares at the younger unicorn. She didn't come out here to make some choice about it, she wouldn't feel right to be put in that sort of situation. But… here we are. She's really not sure what would make this young one be so accepting of her, of who she is. But she does…

A thoughtful look crosses her features, and she takes a small step closer to the unicorn. She glances towards Albert, and then in Anne's direction before looking back towards the unicorn. For a few moments she seems to think to herself, she sorts through the things going through her heart. But finally…

"Yes."

She says simply, softly. "Yes, of course I accept, little one." She smiles a bit more, her head tilting a little to one side as her hand moves gently up and down the long muzzle of the unicorn.

The young unicorn neighs and licks Yuzuki's forehead again, rubbing its muzzle against her hand. Horse gives a nod and the mother neighs in approval as well. Anne applauds excitedly "Good good good...now let's saddle it up, give her some packs and be on our way."

Jim has been at the back of the group watching with Xing as well, who also applaud Yuzuki's decision. "Right then." Jim says to one of the camp residents "Fetch them one of the small casks of rum, and one of the spare tents." Horse likewise signals to one of the men he had come in with, and he comes ready to saddle the young unicorn, but she gives a distressed neigh and recoils. Horse shakes his head, and points at Yuzuki. The man looks at the woman, and finally registering her with saddle in hand, falls to his knees before her, his eyes wide and pleading "Please forgive us! We...we acted on lies." Horse looks to the man and then Yuzuki, asks "What is the meaning of this? Forgiveness?"

Anne explains first "Ah yes, see this lot attacked us the other night. Attacked my cat folk with no reason." Anne walks over, and winds up to hit the man with a right hook, but Horse holds her arm in a tight grip, a determined look to his eyes. The man on his knees appears willing to have accepted the blow, lowering his head and setting the saddle at Yuzuki's feet. "I'm sorry..we're all very sorry..."

Meanwhile, Anne glares aside at Horse "Best give me my hand back red man, or you'll be joining Charlie."

Horse doesn't flinch, holds Anne's arm "He is one of my people now. I will protect my people to the death."

Jim comes between the two, and gently seperates them. "Hey now you two...let's chill out, dig?" He looks down at the man "Did you attack Anne's...cat folk for no reason?"

The man shakes his head, looks at all assembled in turn as he speaks. "It's as we told ya before when ya took us in. Wallace....he told us it was only right we humans take our place over all other races. Dressed us like his kinsmen, taught us to fight like them. W-w-we were swayed by him, and the man who had brought him to us. We attacked other villages before theirs. These women killed the best of us, including Wallace, s-so we fled. We met you all...and you, Jim, expanded our minds to the truth that we don't have to rule, we could just live in peace." He hangs his head. "I am truly sorry for the senseless violence my people committed on the Barbin. We were following the orders of the wrong man."

Jim scoffs, but reaches down and gives the man's head a reassuring pat "Not the first to say that, won't be the last. Just the way of humans." He looks at Anne "Have room in your heart to forgive?"

The woman grimaces, groans "No. But I ain't gonna be a rude wench and start a fight over this...tool of a man."

Albert Rhinegard

The heartwarming display over, Albert can't help but continue to feel restless. In the man's mind, the amount of danger the group is in only continues to rise as time goes on and the longer they're in the area. He is looking around them at the trees when the unicorn's distress suddenly makes Albert jump a bit, drawing his attention to the once-bandit. Not one to immediately interject in the situation, especially not considering Albert could care less about the bandit since Jim has brain-washed the hapless soul, he returns his attention to looking around while listening to the others speak.

The redeemed then speaks something that catches Albert attention immediately. The man who had brought Wallace to them. Turning about sharply with eyebrows furrowed deeply, Albert waves off the talk of forgiveness, "This man's mind has been replaced with a pacified one, so I don't care about that." Swiftly walking over to the man on his knees, Albert drops into a crouch to look closely into his eyes, "Tell me, who is this man that brought Wallace to you? Describe him."

It made almost immediate logical sense to Albert's inquisitive mind that perhaps this man was trying to orchestrate some conspiracy, or perhaps simply chaos. An attempt to assert human control over the region. An attempt Albert wanted to stay the hell away from if possible.

YuzukiB.jpg

The group observing seems to all approve of the decision, of the two accepting one another. Yuzuki can't exactly say what that really means. The bond between rider and mount, in her world, was something she considered sacred. She has always loved animals, and often would treat them just as well as any person beside her.

Her eyes close as the unicorn once more licks her forehead, her grin widening with that. She leans closer to the unicorn, looking towards Anne out of the corner of her eyes. She doesn't like how Anne put that… she hopes this young one won't be seen as just some pack mule for them. She won't allow such a thing.

As the man with the saddle approaches, the unicorn seems suddenly upset. Yuzuki's brows furrow together as she rests a hand on the side of her neck, speaking in something of a calming tone. "Hey hey… calm, little one… calm…" But as the man speaks, Yuzuki's eyes widen with realization. She remembers him now… one of the men that were left at the outskirts of the Barbin village. She looked him in the eye as she told them to flee. They must have followed the same path herself, Anne and Albert did.

She doesn't like this… but she showed these men mercy. She allowed them to flee, allowed them their lives. But it looks like Anne isn't as willing to allow such things to pass. Yuzuki's left hand remains upon the side of the neck of the unicorn to help keep her calmed, but her right hand lingers near her sword hilt as she stares at Horse holding back Anne. She likes this even less… she doesn't want to see violence here.

Luckily for all Anne relents.

And as Albert now makes his presence more known, Yuzuki moves up next to Albert and leans down, picking up the saddle carefully. She half bows to the man that had brought it to her. While he was her enemy… well he isn't now, not in her mind. But that mindset clearly isn't shared by all.

Yuzuki turns slowly now and holds up the saddle so the unicorn can see it clearly, and that she is the one holding it. She has to come up with a name for the unicorn… what's the convention for naming unicorns? Should she give it the sort of name she would give her horse? Does she already have a name? Yuzuki doesn't want to insult her, not at all. She moves to the unicorn's side, also half watching Albert and the apparently redeemed bandit. Over the back of the unicorn Yuzuki places the saddle, its buckle hanging down on either side of the unicorn. She leans down and pulls the buckles together, securing the saddle as she speaks softly. "Do not fear, little one. We'll find a prettier saddle for you somewhere down the road. Or I'll make you one." She says with a smile as she stands now fully at the unicorn's side.

She rubs the unicorn child just behind one of its ears as she speaks in a slightly louder tone, her eyes on the unicorn's eyes. "If a third party is trying to rouse insurrection amongst the peoples of these lands…" now her gaze moves towards the group. "Our interference at the Barbin village may make us targets, that it might." She nods a little, her eyes now focusing on Albert, and then Anne.

The man looks into Albert's eyes, visibly confused at his request. "Describe him? He was a small man. Short black hair. I was one of those enraptured by Wallace himself, so I did not look at him much. But he did have this symbol on his uniform." The man presses his finger into the dirt and draws a four-armed spiral symbol into it. Anne has no clue what it is, but Horse and the others recognize it in one name or another.

"The Dakota use this mark. Was he like me?" Horse asks the man.

"Looks like an odd cross to me." Anne gives her two pence on the matter.

Yuzuki would recognize it as a manji. It holds the most ominous meaning for Jim and Albert. Jim's eyes widen, and he promptly crouches down to wipe the symbol away.

"If this guy is who I think, we're all in danger. Maybe even the world if he has any kind of power." Jim says looking at Albert with genuine fright on his face. He stands up and says to Horse "We need to be careful. If anyone is found watching the camp again with that symbol anywhere on their person, do not hesitate to kill them." He then tells Xing "I'm sorry Xing, but you need to go harder in training your students. We need as many combat ready bodies as possible." He holds the Seer Orb in front of his face. "I'll get in touch with Red Shield. This is something they need to know." He finally looks at the trio in turn. "If you three still want to go, I can only say be very careful. This world just got more dangerous."

Confused, Horse asks "Why? This is a harmless mark of the sun."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Camleen
Albert Rhinegard

As Albert listens closely to the brain-washed man and watches him draw on the ground, the reality of the situation quickly dawns on him. Hitler. Or at least, someone similar to him. A small man with black hair, despite no moustache having been described, combined with the swastika, meant evidence pointed in that direction. Considering how famous or infamous people seemed to show up in this world, the evidence mounted. Either it was Hitler or someone impersonating him. Both outcomes were bad news.

Albert's own eyes lock with Jim's, surprised to see Jim so deeply enveloped in fright. That does make some sense though, Jim was practically born around the time of Hitler, and would've been raised with an intense bias against the man, not to mention all of the WW2 veterans around then.

Standing slowly, Albert remained quiet as he readjusted his glasses, peering through the still-kneeling bandit. Hitler had some measure of military knowledge. He also knew about modern technology. Most of all though, the man had once had an intense charisma. Combined with the near-certainty that he arrived in this world with power, it was almost a given that Hitler would re-attempt world domination via exploiting race conflict.

The man sighed deeply, removed his glasses, and rubbed the eyes behind them while speaking directly to Anne and Yuzuki, "Adolf Hitler is likely in this world. In ours, he was a charismatic man who nearly succeeded in basically conquering the planet despite great odds." Returning the glasses to their place, Albert's gaze shifted between his comrades from time to time as he continued speaking, "Despite his charisma, Hitler was directly responsible for the deaths of millions and the propagation of an ideology that still causes problems in our modern world. He believed in the superiority of his own race over other human races. In this world, that is even more amplified as there are actual races of people besides human. The man also possesses knowledge of modern technology, and probably has a special power. In short, Hitler is perhaps the greatest danger to the stability of this world and the survival of all non-humans this world has ever faced. What are your opinions on staying?"

Turning sharply towards Jim while muttering to himself about getting caught up in bull shit, Albert carefully eyed the musician, "So you are building an army?

YuzukiB.jpg

As she stares down at the symbol drawn in dirt, she is indeed a little confused. She pats the side of the neck of the unicorn once more as she seems to get a little agitated, suddenly sensing the extreme emotions near her. "I don't understand…" she says softly, looking towards Jim and Albert as they react so negatively.

"That's just a symbol we use to mark temple locations on maps…" No, she doesn't understand the historic significance of the symbol… or the significance it has… will have… in this world. Her eyes draw to Albert, as if she were expecting some explanation. He's from the future… he and Jim (another from eras far flung from her own) seem to not like what they saw. And Albert is good with exposition. With explaining why things are, or wanting to get to the bottom of things. An inquisitive mind, for sure.

As Albert speaks, she glances down in the direction that the medallion hangs around her neck and under her robe. She thinks it must be messing up words again on her, because it sounded like Albert said this single man almost conquered the world. Not a province or a village… or even country… but the world. She looks back towards Albert as he continues. Her gaze then draws to the unicorn she stands with, the young one pushing her muzzle into Yuzuki's hand as she thinks to herself. She then looks towards the man that she had fought only a few nights before, the one that had brought her saddle. "Do you know where this Aid Off Heetler is now? His camp? How many does he have with him?" She glances towards the others as she continues, her tone a stern one. "I will end this menace myself tonight. If he is as dangerous as you fear."

This time when Albert asks his question about whether he's building an army, Jim rounds on the young man and prods him in the chest hard with two fingers, and glares into his eyes. "Look man. I've been chilled out since you came here, throwing around more accusations than you've actually said. You still think I'm Manson? If I were, you wouldn't have been taught magic just a while ago. Soon as you opened your mind to me for that, you'd be a tripping madman until your mind was broken. I didn't do that. I gave you knowledge I realize now, you probably don't deserve. But it's been done and we got more urgent things to worry about." He points out into the woods. "The actual Hitler is out there somewhere, and I didn't want to build an army, but if he's here, then we can't be what I...what we all wanted to be."

His expression softens and his hand falls to his side "The first casualty of any war is the idea of peace." He starts walking away, flicking his hand out to the woods again. "If you didn't want to be here to begin with, then leave. You're no longer welcome here." He then stop, turns and says to Yuzuki "Noble. But no one person could touch him in our world. Don't be like those fools, Yuzuki." He then keeps walking, re-entering his tent.

Anne had stood by, surprised at Jim's sudden tirade. "Well that could have gone better." Anne shrugs and sighs "Best be moving on once the unicorn's all saddled up." She laughs and slaps her knee "Maybe it's the rum talkin' but that just sounds funny to say out loud."

Xing, who hadn't had time to respond to Jim's order, has her head bowed as she asks "Is this….Hitler really that bad?"

Anne answers her "I'd take their word for it, the way Jimmy and Albert are rattled. Sounds like this Hitler's the boogeyman of their time. Either way, I'm not likin' the idea of gettin' involved."

Horse moves to follow Jim, but stops and turns back to them, grimacing at Albert. "You. You are young, think nothing of what you don't know." He then looks at Anne and Yuzuki. "I pity you two." He beckons to Xing "Come. Jim needs us." Xing nods and follows. The mother unicorn meanwhile has been neck-to-neck with her child, giving affection before the first journey of her life. The camp has likewise been silently observing the interaction, and are now flocking in the direction Jim had gone. The former bandit rises, offers a quiet "I'm sorry for bringing bad news." Before joining the others.

"I'll get our bags from his tent. Maybe try to get some rum for myself." Anne says and walks towards his tent. "When I get back, we leave."

Albert Rhinegard

While his question hadn't necessarily been an accusation, more of a thought as to Jim's true purpose, Albert found himself rather annoyed by Jim's prodding and subsequent latent threat. The man was also quick to catch on to what 'Jim' had wanted, not necessarily 'everyone.' Indeed, it seemed clear that Jim at the least wanted to establish some kind of convent, or perhaps a peaceful cult at the least, and was now bent on forming an army.

Of course, Albert could be wrong as always, but the man thought of himself as having an uncanny intuition, in addition to having read too many books and articles. Jim's "Army" may eventually become an asset in the fig-

What the hell was Albert thinking? Fight against Hitler? Fuck that, man. All anyone wants is a nice, quiet life away with as many modern comforts as possible. Albert shook his head to rid himself of such notions before nodding to Anne as she left.

Walking further towards the edge of the encampment, he stopped for a moment to look at Yuzuki, "Taking him out before he becomes a major threat isn't a bad idea. It only failed in our world because he was surrounded with people." Adjusting his glasses, Albert sighed as his eyes traveled towards the woods, "Maybe it can be done here before he becomes too powerful. But it's not something I need to be a part of." The man took a few more steps towards exiting the area, still concerned about ambushes.

April 14, 1945, Afternoon, Philippines

A short man of five feet and three inches, wearing a brown hat and tannish fatigues, battered by the elements stood behind a tree within the jungles of northern Luzon.

Wielding an M1 carbine in both hands he panted in exhaustion while bullets struck all around his position. Sweating, he pulled out the empty clip, tossing it asside and putting in an fresh one into his weapon from the ammo belt.

(Dammit, these bastards never quit!)

Benjie Delfino exclaimed quietly in Tagalog, his native tongue as metal projectiles, fired from bolt action rifles whizzed past him. Gathering his wits, Benjie took a deep breath before releasing it. Hearing something brushing the bushes close by on the right side, the Filipino guerilla fighter swiftly brought up the carbine, aimed at the moving shadow and fired few rounds toward its direction.

With a cry of damnation, a figure, wearing the uniform of the Imperial Japanese army dropped face down several feet away. They're trying to rush him he concluded, reloading the gun once more. He rushed for the edge of the foliage, in an attempt to find a better position

When the guerrilla fighter made it past the tropical forest, he was greeted with a steep cliff in front of him. Stopping dead in his tracks, Benjie spare a moment glance down, seeing shape rocks down below and turned away from the sight.

Terrific, stuck between a nasty fall and the enemy.

Benjie thought disgruntly. Shaking his head in resignation, the twenty eight year old fully intended to take as many of the foes with him. With one knee down in an defenvise posture toward the jungle, he muttered a prayer.

(BANZAI!)

Almost a dozen voices shouted in Japanese, making it clear that they were about to charge. The Imperial soldiers rushed through the green, yelling at the top of their lungs and brandishing bayonets. Benjie stared back at them in utter hatred before firing three shots in the center, downing one hostile and repeated the process, wounding and killing a few more until emptied again.

Just as he desperately reloaded more rounds, a grenade was tossed by one of the remaining attackers and it rolled on the left, a few feet away. Eyes widen in alarm, Benjie tried to grab for it in order to toss the metal object back. Instead the small bomb detonated a moment later. The sheer force knocked the Filipino off the cliffside.

As gravity drugged him violently down hundreds and hundreds of feet, Benjie couldn't help but think.

Is this how it all ends?

As Benjie looks up at the cliff from which he has just fallen, he suddenly sees nothing and feels nothing besides the sensation of falling, the kind when one is in a dream and falling. He sees endless darkness, and then gradually he feels himself slow down. Moments before his vision fills with a clear blue sky, and he hits the ground with the force of only having fallen a couple feet at most.

Rising to his feet, he sees that he has fallen into a temperate deciduous forest. The smell of pine is strong all around. Looking to sky, he will determine that it is the afternoon. Or early morning? The sky is similar in appearance but looking for any other indications of direction for the sun, he sees nothing else familiar. It could be late morning or early afternoon.

Off in one direction over the treetops, he sees the smoke from fires. Several. The indication of an encampment.

Looking at these newfound surroundings frantically for half a minute, Benjie just shook his head, mystified by it all. The resistance fighter couldn't help but think.

What the hell?! Is this a dream, or am I already...dead?

For a moment, he considered this is heaven but quickly dimiss that notion since it was noting like his old parish priest talked about. Neither did seem like hell, either this is purgatory or some kind of dream-like state, Benjie considered. Suddenly the short man remembered his gun, looking around the ground for it. Moment later Benjie snatch the carbine on the left side and there was his own hat right next to it. Covering his baldish head, and checking the gun for any damage, there was none, before looking back at the direction of the smoke.

(Whatever this place is, it's not Luzon. Maybe I will get answers from whoever living over there.)

Sergeant Benjie Delfino said out loud to no one particular and proceeded to advance in that direction, cautiously. He decided to make the approach for the encampment through the trees, for better cover as he scout out the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ms.Ezra and Gands
YuzukiB.jpg

With a frown Yuzuki watches the exchange between Albert and Jim. This whole time she had thought she felt a sort of tension within the camp. Like an uneasy peace. She had hoped it was just her imagination. Her eyes draw to the seeming restless unicorn as she still frowns, her hand rubbing the unicorn's neck gently.

And as Jim addresses her, she says nothing in return to him. He starts to walk away, and she considers staying silent. But she feels the need to say something, in the least. "Thank you for your hospitality. We will leave you in peace." Why do those words sound so hollow to her?

The mother unicorn moves to her child, that child seeming now focused on her mother. Perhaps their way of saying goodbye to one another. Yuzuki smiles softly to them and bows to the mother. She turns and walks away, wanting to give them their moment. She starts towards the edge of the camp as Anne goes to get the bags. She moves towards Albert as he says he won't be part of any assaults on this Hitler person. She really didn't want him to be, frankly. She thinks (well hopes) his province is the more intellectual battles… not the physical ones. "I think I've other priorities for now, Albert." She says softly, following after him.

She stops near the outer perimeter of camp itself, keeping Albert in her sights, waiting for Anne. This is her priority for now. She said she would keep them safe to the best of her ability till they, as a group, reached Gatecia. But then, such a goal has become complicated. To say the least. Jim's seeming army in the woods… Hitler… kingdoms of lies… Complicated.

As she waits for Anne, the unicorn child trots out to her with a loud and joyous neighing sound. She rushes right up to Yuzuki, her muzzle nudging Yuzuki back a few steps. And Yuzuki chuckles softly with the playfulness, her hands ruffling the unicorn's mane a little. "I hope you didn't think I was leaving without you…" she pauses as she steps back from the unicorn, the unicorn's front hooves clopping at the ground as she prances in a little circle. "Niji." Yuzuki says softly, the unicorn's ears flicking upwards as she hears the word. "Niji." Yuzuki repeats with a little smile and a nod.

The unicorn lets out a loud neigh once more and gallops passed Yuzuki then. She trots up right behind Albert and leans in suddenly, her horn just above his shoulder a moment. And then… she carefully starts to chew on the collar of his jacket. She playfully tugs on it as she trots with him, her dark eyes wide as she watches him.

Getting closer to the camp, Benjie will see first the tents and a few people crowding around one in particular on the other side of clearing from his position. Then he will see two miraculous creatures, the large white mother unicorn nuzzling a smaller one of a duller color. Then as his eyes watch the younger move, he sees Albert and Yuzuki.

About ten minutes after leaving, Anne comes back with their bags on her shoulders, and a small cask of rum cradled in her arms like one would hold a baby. "Good news! I got my rum, and Jim's people will be leavin' soon to meet the Barbin. Told 'em I'll be back once my business in Gatecia is done, and they'll protect each other from this 'Hitler' man." Anne sets down the cask and bags, takes her compass and map to get their bearing again before they set out, looking up at the sky. "Looks like we got plenty of daylight yet. May reach the city before we have to rest for the night."

Albert Rhinegard

Albert is taken off-guard by the playful young unicorn nibbling on him, an act that makes the man jump a few inches into the air and take a few paces of distance from the beast, "I've never been around a horse before... Let alone a mythical one..."

Adjusting his glasses, he takes a deep breath and considers reaching out to Niji, observing the animal quietly, but decides against potentially losing a finger or disturbing her. The mother unicorn reacted harshly to the reaver, how would the young one really react if it looked into his own heart? Can unicorns do that? The concept makes sense based on the mother's reaction...

Anne finally appears with her rum and delivers the surprising news that they might arrive in Gatecia before the day is up, "That's very surprising. I kind of expected this journey to take days, but maybe things are closer than I thought..." Albert rubs his chins, wondering about the accuracy of medieval maps, particularly terribly hand-drawn ones. The man stands there, once more consumed by his thoughts, but ready to leave at any time.

Benjie Delfino

Hidden within the foliage, Benjie looked on at the sight with binoculars. The encampment seemed quite rugged in style from examination, but when viewing the people and animals he couldin't believe his eyes. Lowering the binoculars, he shook his head in utter disbelief.

Unicorns, impossible, they're just myths. I must be hallucinating or something.

To test the theory, he looked through the binoculars once more and again he saw the horned horses with the trio of people around them. There was two white people, one a female in attire that he only saw in swashbuckler films or pirate books and an young man with glasses, a t-shirt, and pants of an unfamiliar design. Perhaps those are Europeans he considered but the third person, mounted on the younger unicorn was a whole another story. Definitely someone from Asia but where exactly, Benjie centered focus on her, trying figure out what she could be.

He couldn't make out the samurai sword because it was sheathed on the opposite side, away of his view. Inwardly, Benjie had a suspicion of what she is, but choose to lay off the conclusion until he gained more evidence.

Hopefully she's Chinese or Korean. Anything else is better than the alternative...

He hoped, but while was pondering that, Yuzuki should notice a bright reflection coming from the nearby trees, where Benjie laid, spying with the glasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ms.Ezra and Gands
YuzukiB.jpg

The unicorn, Niji, trots a little faster to keep up with Albert when he tries to escape her. She neighs playfully when he moves away, moving immediately closer to him. Yuzuki can't help but grin a little as she watches, feeling happy that the young unicorn is already trying to make friends with her friends. She is certainly more spirited than any horse she has ever had to work with, even her Yukana wasn't as playful. But then comparing horses to unicorns… well how the hell do you do that? There's really not any kind of scale for that sort of thing, is there?

Niji stays close to Albert, sniffing at him a few times, and then her head leans down to sniff at the grass he has walked in. Yuzuki looks towards Anne as she emerges with their supplies… "Perhaps… we need to leave all that rum? It won't be terribly easy to carry with us…" But she suspects her advice would fall on deaf ears. She also suspects Anne would rather leave herself or Albert behind before the rum. Yuzuki moves to Anne, and she takes one of the bags. She slings it over her own shoulder, securing it as best she can. She was fiddling and experimenting with it on the way here, so she thinks she knows the best way for her to carry it. In the least, the easiest way to carry it.

She turns then, her eyes moving towards Niji and Albert. She loves that Albert's made a friend! "Nij-" She starts to say… her dark eyes suddenly darting towards the forest passed Albert and Niji as she cuts off her own words. Niji's head perks up, her ears perking up also, as she lets out a startled whinny, and she darts away from Albert suddenly. Niji doesn't sense a danger to herself… she seems to be reacting to Yuzuki's sudden emotion. And Yuzuki stares into the forest without a word, and her right hand reaches over her hip towards her sword.

Hitler. Wallace. The raiders, bandits. Red Shield. Lies. Kingdoms of Lies. Hitler.

These words flash in her mind. She recognizes the glint of a spying glass, her father once owned one. He was rich enough to afford such things. They are being watched, by someone that wants to be hidden. Someone that wants to hide can't mean good news. And given the heightened tensions of the camp as they leave… and the potential for new danger… mortal danger… she must act. She feels it is her duty to act.

Like an arrow loosed from its bow, Yuzuki takes off in a sudden sprint. She moves amazingly fast, that is one of her fortes, after all. Her all out speed. Just like that she is gone passed Albert and the startled Niji, into the forest. And as she homes in on Benjie, her eyes narrow as she draws her katana free of its sheathe, the metal of the blade flashing in what light is available. She holds it out at her side, angled downwards as she lets out a low growling warcry. A warning to those that would threaten any around her. A heralding call of challenge, the need to make herself a target and not others… "NNNNNNNNNRRAAAAAH!"

It's very possible there is no danger here, that she is jumping the gun (so to speak). But how can she take that chance? She doesn't see Benjie clearly as she moves in on him… but she knows someone is there. She can make out his form in the forest, just not details. Not yet. But she is closing the distance between herself and him at a… very very impressive speed with matched agility.

"Oh no, I'm taking this wherever I may go." Anne says at Yuzuki's suggestion they leave the cask of rum. "Get me some rope, I'll make somethin' to hold it on my back. Done it before." Anne sets the cask down and looks around for some rope. Then she sees Yuzuki look off into the woods suddenly. "Zuki...what do ya see?" She asks as her hand also goes to her sword and she follows the woman's gaze.

Her vision was still hazy from the rum she'd drank earlier, so she couldn't pinpoint what Yuzuki had seen before the samurai bolted for it. "What?" She huffs unsheathing her cutlass and tosses her hat to Albert. "Hold my hat." Said hat doesn't land on Albert's head as intended, but on Niji's horn.

The pirate does her best to keep up with Yuzuki, but fails and slowly comes down to a light jog before she hears Yuzuki's battle cry and makes one last sprint in that direction through the brush, sword and body ready as one can be with rum in their system.

Albert Rhinegard

Albert isn't about to try to argue with a superhumanly strong drunk woman as Yuzuki tries to convince Anne not to take the cask of rum with them. But Niji's playing did manage to make the man smile for a moment before once more becoming concerned if unicorns somehow look into the hearts of people. In truth, what Albert might fear most is what might be inside himself, if he even is a 'good' person, or closer to the likes of Hitler. It is likely few people wish to have a mirror of their inner selves brought to bear.

The man looks down at the grass that Niji sniffs and suddenly feels his heart race, wondering if that's how Niji might looking into his soul, but then everything stops. In an instant it seems, the two of them are gone, racing off towards the forest, Anne's hat flopping down onto Niji's horn.

"Uh... Okay..." mumbles a stunned Albert as he picks the hat off Niji's horn and places it onto his head, figuring those two can easily handle whatever threat is out there.

(Shit, they spotted me!)

Benjie exclaimed while the Asian woman charged toward his position in swift motion. Putting up binoculars, the resistance fighter grabbed for his carbine and stood on one knee, preparing for combat. Just as he aimed down the crosshairs, he saw the hostile brandishing her weapon with a war cry.

His eyes widen in shock, instantly recognizing the design of the blade. He seen it's kind many times before used by...

It's a damn Jap.

Before he could open up on the Japanese woman, she was already on top of him. Caught off guard by the unnatural speed he fell backward to the ground and dropped his gun on accident.

Yuzuki and Anne would see a small and startled man with tannish skin and worn out clothes at their feet.

http://media.zenfs.com/en-PH/blogs/inbox/Cesar-Montano-in-the-Great-Raid.jpg

Shock left his expression a moment later, staring back at the samurai in utter contempt and completely ignored the pirate next to her.

Last edited: