2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Horror, Slife-of-life.
QHAWEhW.jpg

We call our world Nomae-Ralo.

Our world is very different from yours. Your world is dominated by humankind, with no room for other sentient life. The menagerie of races that is our world, is only the stable for myths and ‘fairy tales’ in yours. We have quarrels, and power struggles same as yours. Only we have yet to discover the inner might of a lightning strike, so we huddle around wood and rock fire, or oil lamps when the land is ruled by the night.

And yet here you are, in our world. An otherworldly force has opened a door between our worlds to pluck you from there, and dropped you here.

It’s not just you who has come from that world, others were taken as well. They come from across your globe, and even from different times. Some of you lived centuries apart.

At first we just called you all Strangers. Because you spoke a tongue never heard, dressed odd to us, and some of you brought strange weapons. Dangerous weapons. The best of us took you in. The worst of our leaders jailed you for your strange ways.

But rather quickly, you Strangers became two very different groups. The Drifters are those of you who keep your distance from other Strangers and even the natives, preferring to wander in search of something only you could understand.

Then there are The Enders. Those Strangers who passed from your world and have taken it upon themselves to exert their will on the native humans, to end their dominion and existence by any means. Maybe something horrible happened to them in their world, why they choose to do this.

In some of you, the passing between worlds granted you unnatural power. Most with this kind of power became an Ender, but the possession of power does not make one Drifter or Ender. Choices do that.

What choices are you going to make in our world?

Hello! Thank you for reading my introduction to this rather ambitious project of mine. In full disclosure, this roleplay idea is inspired by and draws a lot from the manga Drifters by Kohta Hirano, the same mind behind Hellsing.

That being said, this will not follow the storyline of the manga and will be markedly different from its source inspiration. We, as in myself and my new partner @Camleen, and our current players, have been toiling to create something we hope you will find fresh and exciting.

We have put together a plethora of races to interact with, and a varied map to explore. But it's all for nought without the right players.

The premise is as follows: Your character is a person from Earth who has found themselves saved from death, only to be dumped in a new strange world populated by all sorts of beings and creatures told of only in myths and legends. How does your character react and adapt to this world? That’s the fun we want to have and share with you.

We are still in the first chapter of the story and so far no PC will be an Ender or Drifter, but their choices will define that later.

Camleen and I will be playing our characters, and NPC Enders characters as needed. This group is in need of at least two new players who meet the following expectations.
  1. Adept to Advanced level of writing. Sorry to say but if you don’t care what quality is given in your posts or those of other players, then this is not for you.Respect for the GM and other players. We are all (presumably) adults here, and so we must conduct ourselves as adults who play pretend on the internet.
  2. Be mindful that others will have different posting speeds than yourself. Some of us can do multiple in a day, some cannot, and that’s okay. Ideally we can get by with everyone making at minimum four posts a week.
  3. If you are having issues with character creation, have something coming up where it would be necessary to bench your character temporarily, please let me know so it can be worked out.
  4. There will be adult themes such as violence, adult language, and situations. If characters happen to become romantically/sexually involved, please move it elsewhere and keep it out of our main thread to comply with site rules.
  5. Be engaging, be bold, bring your best!
If you are interested, please read through the following sections that should ask most questions you now have about character creation and limits on items/inventory.

In the source it is possible to bring vehicles from Earth, however there will be a rough mass limit. To avoid confusion with those of us who use different measurement systems I'll make it simple.

The lower limit will be a bicycle.

The upper limit will be a tank.

If it's not clear where a vehicle falls under these parameters I will make a judgement on a case by case basis.

That being said there will be a limit on fuel. This is roughly medieval era, so no fossil fuels. I say a vehicle will have just enough fuel to last it a couple days of use, then it becomes dead weight unless the player can OOC discuss with me how it could be powered alternatively.

For languages, Camleen and I have agreed when writing your character’s dialogue you can do like so:

(In Spanish) “Can I have water?”

OR you can use Google Translate to write it like this:

“Puedo tomar agua?” (Can I have water?)

Be aware that part of the fun for the early plot is that there will be characters who cannot communicate in a common language, until I the GM use an NPC to grant your character that ability later on.

There will be races with their own languages, but since neither I or Camleen are linguists we have not developed actual languages for each, but that will be seen in the RP itself. No Earth character will start knowing any languages not native to Earth.

The following powers are not permitted as they are defined as OP by the GM (Me)
  • Godly Strength (Hulk, Superman, etc.)
  • Reality Manipulation (Like Doctor Manhattan level. There will be magic present to allow some degree of reality alteration, but no PC will have cartoon-level or otherwise level of abilities to change reality)
  • Transformation
  • Faster-than-light speed
  • Teleportation
The powers below and others like it are up for grabs/negotiation.
  • Element Manipulation (Within reason)
  • Enhanced Strength
  • Enhanced Durability (No instant healing factor)
  • Enhanced Speed (lower than or slightly higher than supersonic)
These lists will be subject to change as necessary.

Furthermore to clear up confusion about how/why your character would have these powers, I will first use characters from the source material to illustrate.

• Joan of Arc was burned at the stake = She now has pyrokinesis
  • Anastasia Romanoff was of the Royal Family in Russia, Russia is known for its harsh winters and how it's helped them historically = She can summon/control ice and snow. (Cue Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin)
I want the players to be creative with their characters, but do not encourage powers or no powers, that is up to you all. If it informs their character/history, then by all means they can have an associated power. If you cannot define one power to do that, they (the character) does not need one.

If you are looking for possible real-life persons from history to base your character from, Wikipedia has compiled a nice list for reference. Maybe some of us will learn a lot from this RP? I certainly have.

Unexplained Disappearances

There are a couple characters I would like to put in the world, and so I am offering them as characters up for grabs/inspiration.

I hope none of this has intimidated you, and if you are interested enough to join state so below and, if you feel so inclined, post your character. And feel free to ask further questions here or in PM.

Ciao~

==================

Name:
Date/Era of Birth:
Date/Era of Death or Disappearance:
Allegiance: (National, Drifter or Ender)

Weapons/Supplies: Limited to what can be reasonably be on their person or being held at time of passing into this world. Projectile weapons like guns are limited to enough ammo for two reloads max.

Abilities: Skills the character had before passing into this world.

Power(if any): No transformation powers i.e animal forms, element forms or the like.

Diseases/ Other Weaknesses:

Languages Spoken:

Short Bio:

Appearance:

-----------------------------

Anne Bonny, The Pirate
Played by Ms. Ezra

Date Yuzuki, The Samurai
Played by Camleen

Albert Rhinegard, The Guy
Played by Ascendant

Craig Wittingham, The Old West Bandit
Played by Goodtvus

Sir Richard Francis Burton, The Explorer
Played by Gands

Felix Lars Helström
Played by Oryx

Kassim Al’hajar, The Assassin
Played by Takeshi

Grim Manne
Played by Dunruffle

Hua Mulan
Played by Khan of the Mardu

[ OPEN ]

=================

CHARACTER INDEX

OUR DISCORD, for easier communication as I usually have it on my phone and active.

IC THREAD-PROLOGUE

IC THREAD- TO GATECIA

IC THREAD- LINIA

IC THREAD- DOREN

Last edited:
We are still looking for two people to join up!

Made edits to main post to offer some options for characters I'd like to see as player characters and not NPCs.

If a spot remains free, I'd love to sign up as Hua Mulan. I will have my sign-up here in a little bit if that's alright.

Name: Hua Mulan
Date/Era of Birth: Most likely the Southern and Northern Dynasties period of Imperial Chinese rule (420-589)
Date/Era of Death or Disappearance: Pre-589
Allegiance: None, a woman who wishes to live free of any foreign tyrant’s rule, her sword only used in the defense of herself and what few companions she might make now that her family and sworn sister are gone. (Unsure of what to put here besides that)

Weapons/Supplies: A simple jian sword and dao sword-knife, along with a Chinese longbow and two arrows (unsure if the rule on projectiles apply since you mentioned guns, but going to stick to it).

Abilities: Adept at Chinese martial arts, skilled with a sword and a bow. Most likely a very good liar as well given her ability to hide her true identity for so long.

Power(if any): Enhanced Strength – in the various stories and legends regarding the woman known as Mulan, she was stated to be a rather strong woman, and spending a lifetime of fighting in her father’s place, there is no reason to believe her strength had diminished much or that it wouldn’t be enhanced to match fellow Strangers with the ability. Exotic Beauty – In the Romance of the Sui and the Tang (c. 1675) by Chu Renhuo, the woman known as Mulan had her beauty exemplified, and her looks ultimately proved to be the quality that saw her forced to make the choice of suicide or servitude as a concubine. Certainly a trait to cause her trouble if she openly travels as a woman or without visible arms.

Diseases/ Other Weaknesses: Unknown at the moment, willing to discuss with the GM on ones that might fit Mulan.

Languages Spoken: Middle Chinese (also known as Ancient Chinese)

Short Bio: The devoted daughter who went to war in her father’s place. Mulan’s life is shrouded in myth and legends, with no clear distinction between the truth and myth. Little is known of her birthplace, as Chu Renhuo’s account places her life in the time of the Heshana Khagan in the Western Turkic Khaganate, far too late to be accurate given the Khagan’s rule was in the 600s. Most likely, she lived somewhere under the region of Northern Wei Dynasty’s control and served in its army as a woman in disguise, serving a full twelve years of service without revealing her true gender. Elements, however, will be incorporated from Renhuo’s account, such as her sworn sisterhood with Xianniang, warrior daughter of the King of Xia, and her refusal to accept a life as a concubine.

Appearance:
92fc037d6d43cc5a2ab8d8b88a09b1a1.jpg

Reactions: Ms.Ezra
Hua Mulan approved and added to the current roster.

One spot(maybe more) open.

I think I have a character idea. Erza can I PM you my rough idea. It is from one of Grumpy's old rps. Its a rough idea.

98321349edeebb29bccbe9e29b110b74.jpg

Name: Leonidas I (King Leonidas)
Date/Era of Birth: July 8, 540 BC
Date/Era of Death or Disappearance: August 11, 480 BC
Allegiance: Presently unknown

Weapons/Supplies: Spartan Shield, Spartan Spear, Spartan Sword

Abilities: Strategic/Military Minded, Fighting prowess, Leadership Skills, Battle Prowess

Power(if any): Enhanced Instincts- This being relevant due to the environment and culture that he grew up in. He was tailored to be a great warrior, growing up in a warrior-like culture. It was truly a dog-eat-dog world, and the weak died off. Believed to be of the lineage of Hercules, it only makes sense that his upbringing was meant to make him strong

Diseases/ Other Weaknesses:
Unknown at the moment

Languages Spoken:
Greek and Macedonian

Short Bio:
Leonidas was one of the few Spartan kings to have ever undergone the notoriously harsh training of Spartan youth, the Agoge. He was not heir to the throne either, but won it through the want and need of his people. An educated and charismatic man, he would rise to defend his people against the Persian invaders. He is most known for his battle at Thermopylae. A battle which showed the might, determination, and wits about the Spartan King. However, the fight would end up being his last, as he was betrayed, and would later meet his fate. At his side were his 300 Spartans, 900 helots, 400 Thebans and 700 Thespians, the Thespians staying entirely of their own will, declaring that they would not abandon him and his followers. It was quite the feat, for a total of 4-7 thousand Greeks to go up against 70-300 thousand Persians. Leonidas and his men held The Pass for 7 days before the betrayal that would lead to his death. His body was successfully removed from the field of battle by his comrades against the desires of Xerxes, who wanted to behead the fallen king and crucify his headless body.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Leonidas has been approved!

Standby for your intro info for the first post

Sorry been meaning to close this for signups all around.