QHAWEhW.jpg

Character Index

Houdini

Harry watched Dean for a moment.. Then the others. Grimm still out of sorts. Anne performing like a champion though. It took a moment for Harry to stop watching.

After Odalwa returns with supplies and Harry checking them, he moves closer to Dean.
((whatever you are doing, it won't work ))
Harry smiles & tells Dean...

" Of course not Mister Dean "

Harry has something to sit on in front of Dean, a jug of water nearby and the pot of ink/paint and brush in his hand. A damp rag near the jug.

"If you would please Anne ( not looking at her ) hold the young man still "

He begins to paint magical symbols all over Dean. He doesnt respond to chatter.. Giving ominous silence. He does inspect the swastika thoroughly. Can the mark be broken or partially erased ?

If it cant be, after being thoroughly studied.. Either with knife, water or anything else. He pill paint over it.

Last thing in this plan, Harry locks eyes with Dean. He holds the other mans eyes open as he does so.

"Mister Dean, I am known as Harry Houdini. "

He doesnt break eye contact yet.

Collab with Gands​

Anne holds Dean down as instructed, though with Harry's eyes on her not with her strength to totally pin him down should be struggle. "Go on Harry, I got the little welp." She tells him.

"Yeah, I know you're Harry Houdini." Dean replies to him, looking right into his eyes and appearing unfazed for now. "Think you can hypnotize me? Man...you really don't know what you're dealing with here. There's real magic here, mister. I've seen things even you wouldn't believe."

Harry is calm, easy going as he looks at Dean.

" Almost impossible to hypnotize an unwilling subject Mister Dean. You know, I used to debunk people like hypnotists. Yes, I figured magic was different here. I heard you were a hero here too." Harry doesn't stop staring into Dean's eyes, holding his hands now.

Dean's right eyelid twitches at the word 'hero'.

"Hero. Man of Wonders. They called me a lot of things here. They'll probably come to call you a lot of things too. But at the end of each day, they will always call us Strangers and we will never really be one of them." He says this with disdain, but there is also an undercurrent of sadness to his voice he may not be fully aware of.

"So you convinced yourself, or were convinced that assassination was the way to make a difference ? That doesn't make much sense Mister Dean. You may not care for the life of a hero, or someone famous, but what kind of life have you now chosen for yourself ?"

"I must admit, you intrigue me Mister Dean. You seem very likable, for a smart-alec. ( Harry smiles here ) Personally, I am not much used to life as an outsider.I made life a stage. Here I think though the circumstances are different right ?"

"So tell me why a Hindu good luck symbol is going to protect you?"

Dean chuckles "A life of purpose, Mr. Houdini. I lived a life to sate my vanity before I came here, and kept wasting it like that." Dean's eyes flutter and Harry alone sees for a moment translucent lines fall from Dean's eyes. "And the swastika. It's not meant to protect. It's there to...remind me." He looks down at his hands, and when he sees them covered by paint, Harry sees those lines fall into nothing again. "That I serve...a higher purpose now. Everything I do in service to the man who gave it to me...is to give this world a better leader than the twin Kings could hope to be."

Harry is silent for a moment watching the translucent lines.

" I see, all very noble in purpose then. This is the true purpose for James Dean the hero then, simple assassination ? The value of honor and integrity means nothing then, compared to being the agent of this great man ? In your time Mister Dean what was known about your great man?. I give you the chance to convince me of the nobility of his purpose here. What turns a man from beloved hero to simple assassin?"

"I have known great men in my time mister Dean. Presidents, Emperors, Various Nobles and the incredibly wealthy. It is rare among such men to be bastions of honor and true character. You Mister Dean were in such a way well thought of here".

Now Dean's eyes flutter again as he struggles to answer Harry's questions. Anne purses her lips and relaxes her grip, not feeling him even tense under her hands anymore.

"Looks like it's working, whatever yer doin' Harry." She comments.

"Hitler....was a leader of men like no other. He said those of us called Strangers shouldn't be...whats that word he used..." He clicks his tongue."...relegated to servants, soldiers. Entertainment. We should be leaders because we are stronger, smarter."

"Hmm." Anne shakes her head "I may be stronger than most now, but there's more to being a Captain, or any leader, than being stronger."

At this Leonidas shrugs one shoulder "Debatable."

Dean shakes his head "He said....he said...the two brothers have built their kingdoms on lies. They need to be ended, and I was the only one fast enough to do it."

" So this great leader of men... like no other..."

The skeptical tone of Harry's voice carries through.

" We should be leaders because we are smarter... stronger.. Utter tripe Mister Dean. Goes against every American ideal. Goes against Christian ideals. So, you are to go murder this King because Mister Hitler can't do it himself. "

"Mister Dean, what did it feel like, being a hero ? Did you grow up in the United States thinking stronger and smarter people had the right to go about murdering everyone else ? What kind of man were you Mister Dean that can be a well loved hero and a murderer. "

( Harry's tone seems more passionate now. )

"Suppose Mister Dean, you felt you were a better entertainer than myself. So, with Mister Hitler's advice, you go and murder me to take my spotlight."

" When you were a Hero, did you save lives, prevent brutality ? Did it feel right ? "

" I propose Mister Dean, that Mister Hitler did something to you. Deep in your core, the person you really are, is not a murderer. I can feel you are struggling with this Mister Dean. What kind of man simply murders another human being because he was told to. "

"Hitler said....he said..." Dean stammers as he tries to answer Harry again. His eyes close then open for a minute at a time. His hands shake.

"I was....I am...an American...I saved people and gave them freedom." He says and a light flashes out of his eyes that only Harry perceives. The others see Dean catch his breath and freeze for a moment then start breathing raggedly, shaking his head side-to-side before snapping his attention back at Harry. There is determination, yet sadness there now.

"I am an American, and that Nazi is going to pay for what he did to make me his soldier."

At this point, Harry takes a deep breath, saying softly mostly to himself..."Still the great Houdini "

"Ladies and gentlemen, Young Mister Dean should be willing to be cooperative now. "

Harry then moves over to the food table and makes himself a large sandwich, suddenly feeling quite hungry.

“Quite the show Mr. Houdini.” says Genessa from the garden entrance. She had arrived in time to see Dean start to falter, quietly enough even the keen senses of a hunter like Grimm fails to detect her until she speaks with the flask given to her earlier held just under her lips. She has a drink, shudders slightly and caps it.

“Young miss Genny.” Dean says upon seeing her. “You’ve grown up a lot since I last saw you. And in the Red Shield Guild too. Funny you don’t look as old as you should be.” He says incredulously.

“Family blessing.” Genessa answers him curtly. “And the same can be said of you Mr. Dean. You don’t look a day older than the day you were supposed to have died. Why is that?” She asks walking closer, pocketing her flask.

“Yes. One of many questions we have.” says Odalwa.

“I suppose that’s a good a place to start as any.” Dean taps his nose. “See Hitler has this spell, I guess you’d call it, that keeps him and anyone he casts it on young. So long as he can take the life from something else. Kinda like Vlad’s power, but less gruesome. Doesn’t need the blood.” He shakes his head. “Doesn’t make it any better, I know, but that’s the truth of how I’m not an old man like him right now.” He says pointing at Leonidas. The man grimaces and has a bite of cheese instead of giving a rebuttal.

Meanwhile, back in the Courtyard.

The Queen’s carriage passes the gates to less populated courtyard. Most of the Red Shield has cleared out in the time since Burton and Benjie had left with only a few wagons and members still about.

Queen Gweyr disembarks from the carriage and is beset by the White Guard immediately taking up a defensive line on either side of her. She says to Chize “I will inform my brother-in-law, post haste, and confer with my husband if he is available. You shouldn’t need me to do your part.” She then enters the castle through its ornate front doors.

One of the Red Shield Seniors, a man with hair just turning grey, approaches Chize and the two men “My Lady Chize, I am Senior Fahlstaff. If you are here for the Council in regards to James Dean, he is with the other Strangers in the gardens. Seniors Odalwa and Orlock are already there, if you will follow me.” Fahlstaff then leads Chize to the gardens. They arrive just in time to hear Dean explaining how he has remained young.

• Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Nomad-22 and Gands
YuzukiB.jpg
Yuzuki isn’t sure what exactly they have in mind to ‘get information’ from Dean… but she can’t imagine how they could without resorting to torture. She stands faintly apart from the small group surrounding Dean, closer to Grimm really. Her hand rests on one of the scabbards tucked into her sash as she stands silently, pondering if she will have to interfere once more. When they capture Wallace in the Barbin village, they were going to torture him for information. But with her insistence… that didn’t happen. Fortunately. But there, he was her prisoner. She had brought him down, his life was hers. While she was instrumental in stopping Dean… she also knows it was a combined effort. She can’t say precisely how, but she knows it was an effort on many of their parts. And so that makes Dean not necessarily ‘her’ prisoner… she wouldn’t physically act to stop them from doing… whatever it is future people do.. to prisoners. But she will have a voice.

Grimm shakes his head of sweat, and this causes Yuzuki to give him a dirty look as she partially brings her hand up to deflect away some of his yucksweat from hitting her face. She doesn’t exactly have the tendencies of a princess… but sweat from a strange strange man is something she doesn’t want any part of. She mutters softly to herself… deciding to take a discrete step from him. Yuck.

When Dean speaks of leaders… but Anne speaks on her behalf. She voices the sentiment Yuzuki would have stated. And she likes that. But what he says next…
built kingdoms on lies
And she thinks back to her talks with the Queen in her chambers. When the Queen divulged information to her that none other should know. And she wonders if that is what Dean speaks of. If Dean… and Hitler… knows of the secrets that had been passed onto her. She looks down a little… while the information would serve little purpose in a battle, in the realm of politics it could be of use. But Yuzuki is no politician. It makes her head hurt.

Her eyes lift back towards Dean, Houdini and Anne as now Dean seems to start to struggle. Her eyes narrow as her feet draw apart without leaving the ground, her body hunching forward faintly as her hand wraps about the handle of her sword. She thinks he is starting to break free, but clearly Anne isn’t letting that happen. And just like that…. Houdini declares victory. “Eh?” she says softly as slowly she stands, looking around towards the others skeptically. “He… is now in our employ?” she says, unbelieving. Houdini simply declares it, and suddenly Dean is good to go? That.. doesn’t sound right. At all. He didn’t offer any gifts to Anne (who she still sees as the defacto leader), or offer the heads of any of Anne’s enemies. How can they trust him just like that? Of course, she isn’t aware of the ‘magic’ about them.

Her eyes snap towards Genessa when she hears her voice, finding herself startled a moment. Genessa came up…right behind her? Without her even realizing it? That’s a bit unsettling. She stares at Genessa as she converses with Dean as if old friends. And out of the corner of her eyes she looks towards Dean, and then Houdini with a small scowl on her lips. Newcomers. Strangers. Americans. Words that have proven ill fated in the short time she has been here. So much of this is starting to build doubt in her head. When it was just Albert, Anne and herself… things seemed so much simpler. No politics. No lies. No wavering loyalties. Just getting to the next checkpoint of life. But now… things are becoming more and more muddled. Dean she can’t trust, not really. Houdini she can’t trust, not really. For all she knows they are putting on an act to get them to trust Dean.. only to have him strike at them as a snake would when they aren’t looking.

Yuzuki now takes a small step back from the group, and suddenly Niji is right behind her. She finds a smile on her lips now as Niji nudges the back of her shoulder. She turns and gently pets the unicorn’s mane, her eyes looking towards Dean and the others gathered.

Little does Yuzuki realize the group has a foolproof lie detector amongst them. Information she could use at this moment.

“Of course, my lady. It is always of my highest honor and pleasure to ride with you.” A soft, smooth voice comes forth from the carriage after Queen Gweyr exits. And then, the figure herself. Clad in form fitting whites and greys, she is clearly Barbin. Her ears are tilted upwards as she looks towards the group gathered around Dean, her tail flicking left to right anxiously. The last time she saw him… they had words she regretted. And then he was killed. Well supposedly killed. Her clear and bright eyes look in the general direction of Fahlstaff as she folds her hands behind her back. She nods to the man as she smiles warmly. “Thank you, Senior Fahlstaff.”

She follows behind the man, her eyes cast down for some of the short walk. Her long white furred ears twitch as she hears Dean’s voice, as she hears his explanation of aging. Or lack thereof. The small sea of gathered guards part for her as she approaches, recognizing her immediately. Both her form and her authority. “I hope that isn’t why you made us think you dead, Dean. So you could look a bit younger.” She says as she stops amidst the group. The smooth of her tone, the gentle edge of an accent to it, it doesn’t show the conflict in her heart. Only those that know Barbin physiology and socialogy, however, would know she is a bit agitated here in his presence. The way her tail is flicking subtly, her ears drawn down slightly. “Your warbrother Gurak sends regards. He believes you dead, and this merely your spirit betraying us.” Her head tilting up faintly as she says that.

Reactions: Dunruffle and Gands
Grimm simply watches in confusion as Dean's loyalties quickly change. Like Yuzuki, Grimm has little appreciation for word games and politics. Go there and kill the beast, guard the carriage, protect someone, those Grimm can understand. Simple and easy to follow is best in Grimm's opinion. Sighing in resignation, Grimm simply grunts in confusion as Dean reveals Hitler's magic. A magic that can give someone eternal youth? This world Grimm found himself in sure is interesting. Of course Grimm still only trusts Dean as far as he could throw him. While he is still of the opinion that Dean should be killed, Grimm keeps quiet and lets the interrogation continue.

When Genessa ghosts up behind him, Grimm visibly flinches in surprise. How quiet could this woman be?! Grimm prided himself on his keen senses and she was still able to sneak up on him like an owl flying in the night. Recovering quickly, Grimm coughs awkwardly and takes his place standing guard next to Genessa. Say what you want about Grimm and his general lack of civility, but when it comes to honoring an oath you would be hard pressed to find someone as honorable as the hairy hunter. Keeping a watchful eye on Genessa, Grimm's head is constantly on a swivel to catch any possible threats. After the almost successful assassination attempt, Grimm has little faith in the local security. Should anyone come close to Genessa they would be greeted by a snarling Grimm, even the red shield guards were viewed with suspicion by Grimm.

As the female Barbin approaches and speaks, Grimm watches curiously. If these beast people were anything like the animals from Grimm's world, then this female is definitely agitated. Instinctively Grimm freezes and holds his breath. Memories of game catching his scent, or becoming spooked from a single misstep coming to mind as he observes the Barbin woman.

@Ms.Ezra @Camleen

Reactions: Gands
The ride back from the council had been pleasant enough for Benjie. He looked forward to catching up with the others(well most of them) and get some kind of rest. It had another long day in this crazy new world. Walking with the Queen’s party as they entered the garden, his eyes immediately locked onto Jame Dean surrounded by fellow Strangers and the guards.

But something was different the guerrilla noted. The prisoner’s countance appeared like he came out of a dream or something. Finally Ben saw it was Harry next to him in a matter that told him the famed escape artist must’ve done something to this enemy agent. Well magic is a reality here. The sergeant quietly remembered.

Even so as he approached the group, Ben gripped his bolo knife sheathed to the side. His expression was still of mistrust and contempt for Dean. After all only short time ago the prisoner had taken part of an attack that murdered innocent people and killed Korlen while trying to assassinate the royals here. All for Hitler no less. He stayed silent still confused about what happened.

What the hell is going on now? Ben wondered deep within his thoughts.

Last edited:
Richard Francis Burton

A quiet thoughtful Burton rode in the carriage with her Majesty, Lady Chize & Benjie. Full of many thoughts pertaining to his extremely eventful short time here.

They arrived in a much less populated courtyard. This was quickly remedied with the appearance of her Majesties white guard. Departing after a few quick words, her Majesty went quickly to her castle.

He and Benjie followed Chize to the gardens as directed by one of the Red Guild. There, all the other strangers old and new seemed to be standing around looking at a tired and sad looking Dean.

Genessa had been talking to Dean, then a somewhat agitated Chize. Burton gave Benjie a pat on the shoulder as he went around behind the others to get some food. He found the shorter Harry standing there eating. Oddly, few of these people seemed happy that Dean seemed co operative now. The Japanese woman seemed bothered, Chize and Genessa too. Grimm seemed bothered by Chise. Leonidas didn't seem affected in the least of course. Nor did Anne.

Burton put together some food for himself and some extra that he could give the rough and tumble Anne Bonny. He moved to stand by Anne and offer her food while he listened to the others talk.

Harry Houdini

Harry was very hungry after the ordeal with mister Dean. The red guild woman Orlock. Said something about him putting on a show. Harry turned and looked at the woman.. It really wasn't a statement said in earnest. He listened to Dean complain about Senior Orlock's lack of the appearance of aging. Just about then the quick furtive drink from the container. Something about that bothered Harry.

Earlier, the ancient warrior bad a quick but bad reaction to Miss Orlock's father.. As did tge Unicorn. Of course, the beast didn't seem to like him either. Even MissYuzuki was giving him a sort of stink eye. He watched the Englishman get some food for himself, giving Harry a friendly nod before wandering off.

Harry was starting to get the feeling his old act would not be appreciated here. He very much missed his Bess. Dwelling on these things probably would to little good though. He needed something to do here.

He was not a practiced warrior. His body was in decent shape for a man in his middle years. He had worked out and ran for excercise every day to keep up with the rigors of his act.. His craft.

There is now and will continue to be trouble in this place. Harry was not at all certain he wanted to be involved. Sooner or later one side or the other would probably try to move old Harry out of the way.

All these stink eyes bothered Harry a little. He took his food and drink and found some shade to sit under where he could listen to all the fuss. Poor Dean might not find it as easy task to be a hero again.

“Oh.” Dean says upon seeing others arriving, but focuses on the female Barbin “Hi, Chize. Wasn't expecting you. And no, until a few minutes ago, I’ve been Hitler's puppet.” He shifts in his chair looking down at his bare painted chest. Seeing Anne being offered food and drink, he asks the woman “Hey, you mind throwing me something?”

Anne looks down at Dean, at the food Burton offers her, and plops a square of cheese in his lap. “There ya go. Cheese for the wee mouse.” She mocks him and takes one of the fruits Burton had happened to grab. “Ah! Booze fruit! My favorite. Thank ye kindly Mr. Burton.” She thanks him. Using a fingernail she pierces the bottom of the reddish-purple fruit, tilts her head back and holds it over her mouth while squeezing it. The juice pours out slowly onto her tongue, and she swallows it greedily.

Dean picks up the cheese and eats it in silence while looking between the two newcomers. He doesn’t seem to recognize Benji or Burton.

“Grimm.” She addresses the man and points at the fruit in her other hand. “If ya like their grog, you'll love these. Tastes like nothing you ever had the pleasure of drinking before and packs a good punch. “ Anne then asks of Burton “How was the meeting?” She wipes some juice from her lips with a finger and sucks on it while she asks then points at the Barbin woman. “And who are you? Mother of the little one from earlier? If ya came fer an apology, I ain’t one to apologize.”

“A cat...woman?” Leonidas looks at Chize as if measuring her up. “So there is a whole race of you creatures.” He muses aloud holding(what he assumes) is a kind of orange apple to his mouth before taking a bite.

“She is Lady Chize, Chairwoman of the Peace Council.” Genessa says quickly to introduce her. “And she must be here to question Mr. Dean personally.”

“Ah-ha, another politician.” Anne says in a mocking fashion. “Anne Bonny. Mother Anne to a village of Barbin. The fun kind who know the joys of a good scratch around the ears and neck.” She thumps her chest with her free hand, and then has another squeeze of her booze fruit.

Reactions: Dunruffle and Gands
YuzukiB.jpg
The Barbin’s tail flicks left and right, seeming in with mild irritation. Hitler’s puppet, Dean says. There are so many questions in her mind at this moment, most of them of a very personal nature. Questions better brought up when not in front of just about everyone in the kingdom (at least that’s how it feels with so many around her).

Yuzuki steps forward now, stepping away from Niji as the food is shared by Burton. Yuzuki watches Chize intently when the woman moves close to Dean. To their prisoner. She doesn’t know Chize, even if the others would vouch for her. And Yuzuki knows they can’t take any chances with Dean.

Niji trots forward and moves to stand almost right next to Anne. Yes this particular human is nice and all (and has a very bright mane), but more importantly Anne has food. The sweetfruit Niji is fond of from the forests. Her dark eyes watch the fruit in Anne’s hand, as if plotting how to get it away from Anne. After all, Anne is being rather rude to not offer Niji all of it. Clearly Niji needs AND deserves it more than any of these others.

And it’s then that something odd happens, seeming out of nowhere.

Anne addresses Chize with a firm tone ‘And who are you? Mother of the little one from earlier? If ya came fer an apology, I ain’t one to apologize’. That sentence ends, and there is abruptly another voice right next to Anne.
~Lying~
A soft, almost singsong tone to the single word. Yuzuki’s gaze snaps to the source of the voice… but she sees no one there. She doesn’t sense anything out of the ordinary. Is someone hiding? Another assassin? Yuzuki turns herself to better face the direction the voice came from. “Eh?” she utters softly, seeing nothing. Someone invisible, come to free Dean? No.. no now she’s jumping to conclusions. If it were someone nefarious… why the heck would they say that word?

No, there isn’t anyone additional here. Since Anne was the closest (and Niji is plotting to get her boozefruit), Anne would perhaps be able to tell that the unicorn herself was the source of the little voice. But Niji doesn’t react otherwise, she acts as if nothing had happened.

But Chize seems to know better. The ‘cat’ woman grins a little, looking towards the unicorn. She speaks in a language suddenly not seeming to be recognized by the medallion she wears “stutiyi, podi eka.” Niji’s ears flick up and her dark eyes look towards Chize and if you look close enough... it almost seems as if Niji nods a little to Chize… and then back to the yummy looking fruit.

And Chize speaks once more, looking back towards Dean. “The royal guardswoman” she motions to Yuzuki “and a few of the others have no reason to believe you, Dean. That you are no longer under the control of the Hitler. More than a few of the White Guard and Red Shield share the sentiment. You did just try to kill their King after all. So” she looks around herself towards all gathered, locking her gaze with each Stranger as she does “we shall test to see if this is true.” She looks back to Dean, and motions the guards to get him up. The guards on either side of Dean pull him to his feet, grasping his arms. And Chize speaks with a tone of authority borne of being the leader of one of the most important groups on this planet. “James Dean, do you serve any master? Are your loyalties to anyone other than the ruling families of Gatecia and Linia?” As she speaks, Chize looks out of the corner of her eyes towards Niji, waiting for the unicorn to respond to whatever Dean says.

And as this is happening… Yuzuki just stares at Niji. Her… unicorn can talk? Since when? Why hasn’t she ever said anything before? Did she, and Yuzuki just didn’t recognize it?

Arching a thick eyebrow in curiosity, Grimm searches for the so called booze fruit. Finding one, Grimm experimentally takes a small bite. The hunter is at first surprised by the amount of juice inside the fruit, but he quickly grunts in delight as he swallows. The fruit is unlike anything he has ever had before and Grimm quickly scarfs down the rest of the fruit. "This is amazing!" Wiping his mouth on his sleeve, Grimm goes about searching for more of the fantastical fruit. He spots Niji nearby and is tempted to go over and pet the beast, but Grimm doesn't want to scare the young unicorn so he focused on his fruit hunt.

@Ms.Ezra

Last edited:
Preferring not to spend anymore than necessary staring at someone he had just fought, Benjie focused on the so-called booze fruit being offered around. He took ahold one with the right hand giving it an examination. The Filipino fighter had known of fruits being used as ingredients for alcohol but the idea that a such a thing itself can give the same satisfaction as beer has him pause a little. He finally muttered. “A gift is a gift.”

He took a bite and instantly the man let out a satisfied sigh and nodded with full approval. For a moment Ben forgot about Dean the prisoner and even the samurai woman just to enjoy one of the pleasures of life. Without hesitation he tore into a bigger chunk this time. Consuming it in a matter of seconds, the guerrilla chuckled to himself at the sensation coursing his body.

“Honesto would’ve loved this stuff.” Ben remarked to the others within earshot before following up with an explanation. “He was a bartender I knew back in Manila. He was always looking out for anything with a good taste.”

The trip down memory lane ceased when Ben realized the Barbin was actually talking with the unicorn and the horse nodded like she understood. Of course by now Ben decided there was no point being surprised at the prospect anymore. The Islander didn’t know what the ambassador intended to prove with Dean, but that’s her business. Instead, Ben looked around for a spot to sit down and relax before spotting much to his pleasant surprise a servant bringing in a wooden guitar behind the group.

Instantly an idea came to the sergeant and with a grin he walked toward the hired help. The middle aged woman stopped, wondering why the brown skinned Stranger was heading her way for. Ben stopped a few feet away with both hands raised to show he meant no trouble. “What do you want?” She asked cautiously.

Ben was swift to reply. “No trouble just was wondering if I could actually borrow that guitar you have there for a little bit.”

Looking at the instrument then back at the foreigner before giving a shrug of the shoulders. “Fine in fact keep it. I was to get rid of it anyway you can save me the trouble.”

“Salamat.” Sergeant Deflinio said in his native speech with full appreciation. Once it was handed over to him, Ben turned around and waited for the ‘test’ to end.

Last edited:
Sir Richard Francis Burton

Burton meanwhile was still enjoying his food when Anne took a fruit off his plate, then the young Unicorn made itself known. Burton wasn't paying a lot of attention to Dean anyway.

Anne then asks of Burton “How was the meeting?”

" Could have gone a lot worse Anne, a lot worse indeed. As it is, the vast majority were polite if not kindly and the exceptions were expected for my part. "

He gives her something of a look, that might say ask him later. Then, he sets his plate down to get more of the fruit. He pulled out a foot long Gurkha Kukri, and sliced more of the boozefruit. He gave a piece to the unicorn & put the knife away after cleaning it. It was about this time the Lying word was heard. It didn't take Burton long to puzzle it out. As Chize apparently told the unicorn something and it nodded to her, he had gotten it. Anne and the Samurai both had somewhat comical expressions due to the beast's talking..

With his plate refilled, He went to a bench and started to eat. He kept quiet, listening...watching now more intently. He smiled watching Benjie get himself a guitar.

Last edited:
Houdini

As Harry relaxed and got some food into his system he became less grumpy. He studied his fellow strangers. Anne, the pirate with a bit of a temper. His friend Benjie the soldier who has passions..The lady Samurai who just a few moments ago seemed to give him such a dirty look. The Englishman dressed already in local clothes. The warrior from ancient times in very little clothes and grumpy Grim.

It was really alot to take in on his first day in this place. Most of these folks seemed nice enough most of the time. The Samurai might take s bit of getting used to. But Harry was more certain now with food in his system that thongs would work out.

It would be nice to get a bath snd fresh clothes though! He waived at Benjie to come sit under the tree were he was.

Collab GM Post with Camleen

So it at least didn’t end with calls for executions. Anne thinks after getting a brief report of the meeting and hoped to get more later one. Then Anne snaps her head to that sudden voice that could only be in response to her statement towards Chize. She looks around Niji first while the unicorn has a bite of the fruit Burton had given her. “Who said that?” She asks, the fruit being clenched in her hand as she didn’t like being called a liar, not in a state of mind to think it could have been Niji.

Leonidas stops chewing his fruit hearing that as well and also looks around in that direction. If the guards are surprised by the voice, they give no indication. Neither do Odalwa, Genessa or Fahlstaff as they form up beside Chize.

Anne turns back to Chize as the Barbin talks at Niji, skeptical if Niji understood whatever that was until she sees the young animal nod. Anne relaxes her hold on the fruit. “Huh. So you called me a liar?” She says to Yuzuki. “You best teach her manners Zuki. I don’t take kindly to being called a liar.” While looking at Yuzuki, she catches Grimm and Benji eating the boozefruit like one would any normal fruit. The pirate grimaces, firstly because she is not a fan of the whole fruit itself as it had the squishy texture of a peach, and secondly because while she loved being drunk, the effect of eating a mouthful was akin to downing a large mug of rum in one draft. Well, it’s their hangover to deal with in the morning.

Leonidas shakes his head and thinks silently how this world has a surprise around every corner.

Dean finishes the last of his cheese and raises a brow back at Anne, then at the improvised inquisition before him. He rattles the chains as he dusts off his hands and listens to Chize’s question.

“I serve nobody in particular. I consider myself a man of the people.” He looks her and the Red Shield in the eye in turn while answering.

Anne looks at Dean, then Niji to see if she spoke again, holding the fruit aloft in front of her.

Yuzuki is quick to shake her head with Anne’s request “I didn’t… know she actual talks… all this time and she hasn’t said a word…” Of course Yuzuki doesn’t know exactly what kind of vocabulary her mount has. But… she has seen talking cat people that seemed more intelligent than some men she’s encountered. So why not the unicorn? Yuzuki moves closer to Niji, patting her on the side “Why haven’t you spoken? Were you scared, my friend?” Yuzuki says softly. Niji glances towards her, and then back towards Anne and the fruit she holds.

Dean answers the query put before him by the cat like Chize, the woman listening to him as she observes the unicorn. Chize knows that some of the unicorn species do talk, but rarely more than a word or two. And usually a word close to them, to their heart. Like seeing the truth of things. Niji, while young, sees the world through a vastly different spectrum than most others see it. She sees what is the truth, not what is perceived. She saw a truth in Yuzuki when they were first brought together, and perhaps that is part of the reason why she travels with her.

But when Dean does answer, there is no response from the unicorn. Chize waits another few seconds, and then looks towards the Red Shield around her. “There is no greater truth than by one spoken from the race of unicorns. If Dean were lying, she would tell us so.”

Niji doesn’t seem to be paying attention, and some of the Red Shield wonder if all of this is true. Or if it’s just some ruse to make them trust Dean, the one that just tried to send their kingdom into chaos with just a few seconds of work. There had been...rumors… about Chize and the heroic James Dean a dozen years before. Is Chize somehow manipulating the situation to make it seem as if Dean should be freed? Some of the Red Shield glance towards one another, as if trying to decide amongst themselves what this situation really is. They have no idea that the unicorn is capable of what Chize says…

“This rude pony can tell….if yer lyin’?” Anne looks at Niji.

Leonidas finishes his fruit and, not seeing what else to do with it, holds it while looking at the inquisition before Dean. He is less skeptical than Anne but not open to the concept either. Even considering he had killed and ridden creatures of legend in no less than two days.

“Looks like nobody is buying what you're selling Chize.” Dean says to the Barbin woman. “You’re not asking the right questions. Here let me help.” Dean clears his throat, moves his mouth around to loosen it up. He looks Odalwa square in the eyes.

“I enjoyed killing your comrades today, and I would kill everyone here with your sun sword right now if I could.” He looks at Genessa “And you, Little Miss Genny, I look at you and see only that child playing pretend in your father’s fields who still needs her medicine to even stand. I want to kill you and kill the whole Orlock family tree with you.” He says, every word coming with the conviction of a hardened, soulless killer. It has the desired effect on their targets. Odalwa scowls and Genessa reaches for her sun sword at her belt. Fahlstaff does the same. Anne whips her flintlocks from their holsters with surprising swiftness and drops the fruit in the process, levels both at Dean. The Guards raise their pikes.

Yet Leonidas and Yuzuki, the two Strangers with the ability to know danger before anyone, feel none from Dean himself. Only from all those about to end their prisoner. Leonidas chucks the core over his shoulder, sighs.

For a moment, it almost seems as if Niji understands Anne’s words. Rather, her insult. The unicorn looks towards Anne’s face for a moment, but then back towards the fruit she is holding. But Yuzuki notices. Her brows furrow a little as she pats Niji’s side now, speaking to Anne. “Ey ey… she isn’t rude… she has her own ways…” She looks back towards Niji, who moves her head to rub her muzzle against Yuzuki’s shoulder, almost pushing the small woman off her feet with a soft chuckle.

Chize finds herself scowling a little with Dean’s words, and now she looks around herself towards the guardsmen and women around her, her cat ears perked up as her tail twitches left to right anxiously. But she looks back towards Dean as he offers his services to clear things up… and then he starts down what Chize thinks is a very unwise course.

But with each sentence… a soft word comes from Niji’s direction. Those not right next to her might not hear it over the seeming chaos that ensues from Dean’s words, the collected Guard suddenly going into a defense/assault mode.

“I enjoyed killing your comrades today, and I would kill everyone here with your sun sword right now if I could.”
~Lying~

“And you, Little Miss Genny, I look at you and see only that child playing pretend in your father’s fields who still needs her medicine to even stand. I want to kill you and kill the whole Orlock family tree with you.”
~Lying~

But otherwise, there is nothing else to make it seem as if Niji were paying attention. Even the sudden rise in tensions seems to leave her unphased. Perhaps because Yuzuki is still calmed, her instincts telling her that nothing will happen at this moment. Or so she hopes. But… when Anne aims her flintlocks… she drops the fruit. Niji suddenly trots closer to Anne and leans down, chomping hungrily on the fruit at her feet, not seeming to care her side is almost pushing Anne to one side. She needs to get the fruit, after all!

Chize turns abruptly and stands in front of Dean, putting herself between the commanding officers of the Red Guard and Anne. Putting herself in harm’s way. With wide eyes she speaks in a rushed tone. “Wait stop! The unicorn vouches! Lower your weapons!” Towards the end of that sentence, it turns more into an angry order. And without even realizing it, her claws have extended from her fingertips, her tail flicking side to side, some of the fur along it raised.

Anne looks aside at Niji and Yuzuki. Both calm as before. Niji more so with that fruit she had been coveting. She had heard the unicorn say Dean was lying, and if Yuzuki was so relaxed then it must be true. Dean wasn't even looking at her, or anyone but Chize.

So all that had been lies.

“Alright.” Anne holsters her pistols and pets Niji along the neck. “Weapons down everyone. This one’s got no fight in him.” And to look at Dean one could see that the malice in his face was gone. Now his eyes were down and shoulders slumped.

“He was an accomplished actor before.” Odalwa says. “if it were not for the unicorn, I may have believed that performance.” He looked aside at Genessa “Fooled you, Senior Orlock.”

“I heard.” Genessa takes her hand away from the sun sword and scoffs. Lie or not, those words had touched a nerve with the young woman. The guards resume their defensive stance.

“You can step away, Chize.” Dean tells her. “May have gone overboard, but it proved what we needed to prove.” He looks down at the back of his hands, the swastikas covered by Houdini’s symbols. “I don't serve Hitler. I want to help end him any way I am allowed.”

Chize almost looks like she is about to defend herself, though she hasn’t really had to in a very long time. She thinks she could handle herself… but who knows. Hopefully she won’t have to be tested in that regard.

Anne calls for weapons to be disengaged, and Yuzuki looks to Niji with a soft smile, patting her side. Yuzuki glances towards Anne, and then Niji and says softly. “My name is Anne.” Almost immediately as she eats the rest of the fruit, that soft voice is heard again.

~Lying~

Yuzuki laughs softly, and Niji flicks her tail as she abruptly trots away from Anne and Yuzuki, moving in Leonidas’ general direction. Well.. the direction his discarded fruit went. One never knows, could be something to salvage there.

“I’m sorry if his words struck you deeper than intended.” Chize says, looking towards Genessa and Odalwa. She motions to Dean as she continues. “But it was necessary. He has proven his loyalties no longer lie with the terrorist. He wishes to help us. For now….” she looks right at Genessa “With your permission… he shall be retained in the castle.” She glances to Dean as she continues. “He no longer is a servant of the evil, but he still has crimes to answer for…”

“I might give my permission.” Genessa shakes her head slowly “But you forget, it is not mine to give. Or Odalwa's, or even Overseer Germaine's.”

“By attempting to take his life, this man's life is now in the hands of King Richard.” Odalwa says to Chize. “We are but a party who seeks some justice for our fallen.” He looks at Dean. “And for that, we need answers as to where we can find Hitler.”

“That, is going to be a problem.” Dean says raising his head looking around “See from what I understand, I’ve been someone else for a decade and two years. And that makes for a lot of memories I’m trying to sort out.” He winces and pats his leg, the one still injured. “Case in point, I have no idea what happened to my leg, or who any of you Strangers are besides the redhead.”

Niji, whose journey to retrieve and consume the discarded fruit core has taken her to be near Grimm, makes no other noise besides chomping down on said core.

“Yuzuki stabbed ya.” Anne answers pointing at Yuzuki while walking away from Dean towards Harry, who looks to be trying to isolate himself from the group. And that just won’t do. Anne stands over Harry with hands on her hips. “Harry my boy, you are a man of surprises.” She says sitting down on the ground with him and, seeing Benji with a guitar, smiles at him. “How ya feeling Benny? Sorry I didn’t warn ya about eating those things whole.”

While searching for more booze fruit, Grimm suddenly lurches to the side in an unbalanced fashion. Quickly catching himself, Grimm frowns as he feels the familiar sensation of being quite drunk. "Maybe should not have more..." His speech slurring slightly, Grimm wobbles a little bit as he turns around to watch the questioning. Looking at the unicorn in disbelief, Grimm scratches his head in confusion. "She can talk?! I would not believe it if I wasn't here." He was about to continue when Dean suddenly began spouting a slew of offensive statements. Now while Grimm is mostly grumpy and moody, a liquored up Grimm is quite different. Grimm couldn't give a rat's ass about the threats, but Dean just threatened the person he swore his allegience to. Letting out an angry snarl more akin to a rabid dog, Grimm pulls out his skinning knife and proceeds to stomp towards Dean with murderous intent in his eyes.

Unfortunately with all the commotion, Grimm doesn't hear Niji's words. The angry hunter stops when Chize puts herself between Dean and the crowd. Leveling his knife at Chize, Grimm wobbles slightly as her barks out some words. "I don't care little cat! You defend that traitor who threatens Genessa of Red! Get out of my way!" Grimm let's out a small burp and leers at Chize. "Or does little cat fancy the traitor? A toy to fool around with?" Of course in Grimm's native tongue, he meant that Chize plays with Dean like a ball of yarn. But his words could easily be misconstrued to mean something far more scandalous. But as quickly as he began Grimm quickly turned his attention to Niji who was nearby. "It's alright horsey, I believe you. So nice and pretty, you want food?" Wandering away, Grimm sheathes his knife and returns with a handful of hastily grabbed fruit. "Here horsey, fruit fruit right here."

• Haha
Ben was in the middle of trying out the guitar when he heard the latest commotion with the prisoner. He was about to raise up with bolo blade in hand when hearing Niji declared each threat to be a lie. The guerrilla couldn’t help but think about how such a gift would be used back on Earth. Of course the thought disappeared as soon it came he heard Dean being referred as an actor.

“You’re no Clark Gable, but that was a convincing performance!” The sergeant shouted over to Dean. He was secretly curious if the man recognize the name mentioned. Subsequently Ben was trying out the chords to the musical instrument when Anne came over and sat down with Harry and him. When she apologized for not warning about the boozefruit the brown skinned Islander chuckled and waved off the concern.

“There is no need Anne. You’re talking to someone who learned to drink from sailors. I’ll be fine.”

Despite the boost his head did began to spin from the effects. Best not to eat the fruit some more until later he decided. Subsequently Grimm the huntsman had worse of it by going on a tirade toward Chize and Dean before calming down to feed the Unicron. His mood changes as fast as the weather. I think he likes animals more than people.

Considering the hunter’s earlier story, he can understand somewhat. Choosing to focus on the positive Ben finally started to play on the guitar for all to hear.

Attachments

• 1550560828428.jpeg
    1550560828428.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Dunruffle
The Great Houdini aka Harry

Harry smiled as Anne came over. He judged her as a passionate, stubborn rebellious woman. But even with all that, she could be convinced to do what's right. Benji he already trusted, simple as that. Leonidas too, seemed full of common sense to the point of bursting.

"Thank you very much Anne, that is the whole point of being a stage magician. With Mister Dean, I could see the magic in him reacting once we started. Leonidas was right too, the terrorist had a use for that symbol. The magic kept coming out and looking for that symbol, it's a good thing we covered. it. I don't think our trick would have worked if Mister Dean had really wanted to be what Hitler made him. Thank you by the way for helping. "

He tensed for a moment first as Dean rose to insult about everyone, watching Chize defend Dean. Relaxing when the Unicorn seemed to defend Dean too. Then shortly thereafter, Grimm, very much in his cups drew a knife …. And wandering away just as suddenly. Harry relaxed again

He smiled wide at Benjy as the soldier arrived to play the guitar with some skill. He listened for a bit, relaxing even more with the gentle music. Then he turned back to Anne and whispered to her.

"Miss Anne, I don't think the young warrior woman likes me at all, there was a long moment where I thought she was going to slice me in half. Mind you, I figure this is borrowed time anyway, but I am not sure I want that kind of end for myself. Aside from it returning me to my beloved Bess and proving that her blade is deadly sharp! I think though we all have some sort of purpose here. "

Sir Richard Francis Burton

Like it or not, he was one of these people now. But even with that, there was always something that needed doing. He took Anne's warning seriously, not eating any more of the booze fruit. He thought it tasty, but was glad he hadn't had a lot of it.

He rather disliked the mess that was Dean's interrogation. It was Burton's feeling that it was a rare soldier or diplomat that should be involved at all with interrogations anyway, and this proved it in his opinion. This was why he separated himself a bit from the crowd. Then rather suddenly it seemed to Burton that things became very tense, very quickly. Burton stood, his hand on his hidden Wembley .455 pistol. The difficulty then would be who to shoot. He made a point to himself to make an effort to keep Chize alive.. Even against the Red Guild themselves who he didn't entirely trust yet. Then Grimm...

Burton cursed to himself and moved to intercede personally between Grimm and Chize, when just as suddenly the hunter changed his course. He quickly spirited the pistol away, hopefully before anyone noticed. He made his way to Genessa. He gently puts a hand on her shoulder, an act of friendship and speaks quietly to her.

" A great writer said once to me... "" Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires and a touch that never hurts"" Mind you, I was never quite able to manage all three until very late in my life when I began to understand. "

To Chize, who was near by, he turns and talks to her...

" And you my Lady Chize, you would not have stood alone, even if it were just you and I against the rest. I appreciate bravery or foolhardiness when I see it. "

He turns calmly looking at anyone who would challenge his assertion. Perhaps to Genessa who might be accused of knowing him, it was a sign of the attitude & vigor of a more youthful Burton creeping back into the still older appearing Burton. To Chize, the assertion of a man with the character to stand up for what's right.

1550646014746.png

Dean eyes the wildman that comes to confront, and possibly kill him, then berate Chize. In that couple moments the man thinks of a dozen ways he could have taken that knife from his hand and ended his life with one or many stabs before the man could react. Which is distressing to him; he never had those kinds of thoughts even back during the war.

Leonidas groans seeing this occur, shaking his head and had half a mind to sprint over and subdue the wild man himself. Maybe give him a black eye for his troubles. Good thing for Grimm was he chose to end the situation himself to go over and feed the unicorn. The old former King wonders how often he or someone else will have to intervene on Grimm's behalf. The man's sense of duty was commendable though, even if his manner of fulfilling that duty left much to be desired.

At the mention of Clark Gable from the Asian-looking man Dean smirks. “Thank you, glad to know I still got it.”

Genessa hears Burton out even if she doesn't take her eyes away from their captive. She inhales, then exhales slowly "Mr. Dean knew me as a child, as he often came to our manor for personal and official business. He broached a sensitive issue from that time. I forgot myself for a moment." She explains. "And I am the only Orlock aside from my father. If I die, my family does die with me."

Anne listens to Benji talk, then play, and Harry express his concern for Yuzuki, which perplexes her. Maybe it was the booze clouding her memory, but she hadn't recalled the moment he referred too, and she was certain she'd been present with Harry since his coming here. Then it occurs to her "Ah, that time with the loudmouth whelp." She snaps her fingers and laughs "Don' worry yerself Harry. First time I met Zuki, she had her sword at my belly." She shrugs "'Course I had my pistol on her too, but I'd squeezed out two boozefruit by then." Anne lifts her shirt to show her stomach. "See? No fresh scar or anythin'. That magical pony of hers got her real calm too, so she ain't likely to turn that sword on you anytime soon." She lets the shirt fall down again and leans back on her elbows to listen to Benji's song. It's not familiar to her at all, but a nice little reprieve from the serious situation she's grown tired of already.

When Benji's song ends the doors to the castle into the garden open, and four people come out. King Richard at the forefront, Queen Gweyr beside him, Princess Shalana beside her, and Overseer Germaine behind them. He did not look pleased.

"Your Highness." The Guards and Red Shield say in unison and kneel. Odalwa, Genessa and Fahlstaff rise and give their salute to their Overseer.

"James....Dean." King Richard says approaching the man calm, but stern with a nod to Lady Chize.

"Your Majesty." James replies with less reverence and more guilt in his voice. "You're here to pass your judgement. Whatever you feel is my just punishment, I understand." He hangs his head, resigned to his fate.

"Your punishment." King Richard places his hand over Dean's head. "A lifetime of imprisonment and service, at the will of the Royal Family of Gatecia"

"What?" James Dean looks up.

"What?!" Genessa asks louder. "Your Majesty, he killed on his own-" She begins to argue, but Overseer Germaine comes to stand in front of her with right hand up.

"Senior Orlock, with all due respect, this is not our arena to argue. Please, do not press His Majesty's patience, vast as it may be." Germaine says to her in a warning tone. "He and I have already discussed this matter, at length, and death would be preferable to a man such as him." He looks over at Dean. "Once free to run wherever he pleased, and be adored in any town he chose to rest; now he will spend his remaining years a servant." He then utters a "Hmm?" looking closer at Dean. "He looks very docile. What happened out here?" He asks.

"That one, the man named Harry Houdini, he has the power to block magic, it seems." Odalwa starts to explain pointing over at Harry. "Whatever sway this Hitler had over him, he dispelled. Now he is very much the same James Dean thought lost to the world."

"That, is a new ability. A very useful one." Germaine narrows his eyes at Harry and rubs his chin but says no more.

"That may be the case. But I cannot excuse him for the lives taken today, whether of his own will or not." King Richard says still looking down at James Dean.

Dean sighs and sits back on the bench. What spirits had been raised in him were now gone. "A lifetime being an errand boy." He nods slowly. "I'll be begging to be executed after another ten of that."

"The Red Shield Guild is no longer needed in this matter. You are all dismissed." He says to Germaine and the others then directs his attention around to the Strangers. "You fine Strangers from another world however, we would like to speak to you all personally, if you will oblige me."

Anne claps her hands once. "Finally, my time with the head honcho." She has been watching the proceedings with only some intrigue evident in her eyes as she sat and swayed slightly. Leonidas has taken to leaning back against a pillar overlooking the scene.

"You two are also dismissed." King Richard orders the White Guards And they follow his orders without any resistance, walking off silently as two can in full plate armor. Likewise Odalwa and Fahlstaff leave swiftly. Genessa pauses to say to Burton "You, Leonidas, and Grimm may join me in the courtyard after if you all wish. We will be planning the journey back to our posts if we are no longer needed." She then leaves with her comrades. Only Germaine stays behind a moment to bow to the Royal Family.

"As always, if we can be of service to The Throne, Red Shield will come to the call." He says to them and leaves.

"Well then." Anne hops, unsteadily, to her feet and gives the Royal Family a bow. "How may we be of service to your Majesties?"

Leonidas may have been from the most ancient time of the Earth, but a mock was recognized in any time and he shakes his head and laughs at Anne's to the royals. If it is lost on, or seen by King Richard or Queen Gweyr, they give no sign of either.

"All concerned parties have been briefed." Queen Gweyr reports to Lady Chize.

"Edward was very much not pleased at first." King Richard explains and sighs "But he saw reason, and will allow travel within Linia if needed. And you will excuse us having Princess Shalana present. I'm simply not getting any younger, and she needs to learn." He spies Niji and dons a bright smile, walks over to her grabbing a small loaf of sweet bread from a table on the way.

"You! The Unicorn I've heard so much about." He says coming upon Niji and Grimm and offering the bread while gently petting her neck opposite the wild man, to whom he doesn't cast a wary eye but one of simple recognition and a nod. "Such a wonderful creature, isn't she?" He asks Grimm.

Anne gets up from her bow with a raised brow and asks of Harry and Benji "Is it the boozefruit, or does it feel like this ain't gonna be a simple talk?"

Last edited:
YuzukiB.jpg
Yuzuki stands seeming to act at a moment’s notice, her hand resting on the handle of one of the swords tucked into her sash. The ‘danger’ might be passed, but she tries to remain vigilant. When Anne proclaims that she is the one responsible for Dean’s injury, she is quick to step forward. Looking Dean right in the eyes she speaks in a confident tone. “I am Yuzuki Date… I don’t know why or how you can’t remember, but I was the one that injured you. You sought to injure my lord, it was my duty to act. I disabled your first attack, and with the help of my allies I then stabbed you in the foot with Honjo Masamune.” She pats one of the handles at her waist. “When the time comes, if it is your wish, it would be my honor to help you achieve death.” She bows a little, her dark eyes remaining on him.

Dean is their prisoner. He tried to kill the King and Queen. He did kill numerous people, just today. Yuzuki sees no other choice but to execute him honorably.

Grimm confronts Chize suddenly, the feline like woman remaining in her spot in front of Dean. Her clear eyes watch Grimm’s, and she is unmoving. Both in posture and resolve. Her tail starts to twitch quicker side to side as she stares waaaay up at him (men around here are so friggin tall!), and she seems to not be reacting at all. But in reality… something of a politician she might be… she is also a Barbin warrior. A breed of people that learn to hunt and kill far larger creatures when they’re just kittens. One might think that Grimm leveling the weapon at her… his disrespectful words… would make Chize act. Even if to defend her own reputation. But while Chize can more than handle herself in a fight… she also recognizes that Grimm’s senses have been drowned in the meat and juices of the fermentali fruit. He… reeks… of it. Even without better than human senses she can tell. She truly wishes people were more responsible with it. But Grimm’s attention suddenly is on the unicorn, and Chize lets out a gentle breath as she relaxes. Her ears drooping down slightly and her tail now barely swaying as she looks over her shoulder towards Dean. Burton approaches her, and she looks to him with a sort of forced smile. She dips her head to him, her hand moving to rest on his arm for a moment. “I appreciate that, Richard. Truly. As for being brave or foolhardy… we’ll have to wait till the end of the day to see which that was…”

Like many of the others, Chize’s attention moves towards the castle door as it opens. And as the royal family emerges, Chize turns towards them and kneels immediately along with the other soldiers. Yuzuki just bows, keeping her eyes down. As is her way in the company of such. Chize pushes herself to her feet, nodding back towards the King. “My Sire.” Chize then takes a step back, allowing the King his room with the others.

King Richard declares Dean’s punishment… and there is of course a mix of reactions. Most astonished, for one reason or another. Chize finds a small smile upon her lips, and she bows a little to the King with his decree. Yuzuki… seems very surprised. There is a blank look upon her features, and she just stares at Dean. She can’t believe that’s the punishment. She feels bad for Dean… a lifetime in captivity. Death would be preferable for so many reasons. But this is something Yuzuki would never dare voice.

And as all of this is going on, Grimm is smart enough to recognize that Niji requires attention. Because… Niji. Grimm returns to her with a handful of fruit, and she leans towards him to sniff at it loudly. She snorts loudly and leans towards Grimm, pecking at one of the fruits, and then she takes a little trotting step back. She lets out a playful ‘winny’ sound and nudges Grimm’s arm with her snout, kind of her way of thanking him for thinking of her.

The King declares he wishes to speak to everyone, the Strangers at least. Yuzuki feels like this might not just be a congratulatory function. She now moves in something of a casual pace towards the King, her eyes befalling the princess for a moment. The girl that Yuzuki had replaced, in order to save the King. And like Leonidas… she is able to recognize that Anne is being less than respectful to the King. But again she won’t say anything… Anne is her immediate captain, after all. But if the King wished it, she would kill Anne. And Yuzuki would kill anyone Anne wished her to, save for the royal family.

Just some fun facts.

Chize smiles gently to the Queen, and she bows her head to her. “Thank you, my Lady. If you’ve no objection.. I should like to remain to help his Highness with what comes next…”

As she is mentioned, the Princess simply stands in place, her hands folded behind her. She seems to not want to be here.. because she doesn’t want to be here. She has heard the ‘someday you must give the decrees’ speech far to many times to count. Something she and her cousin Magda often joke about. But being in a joking manner is something that seems far off from what Shalana has thus shown to those gathered here. And.. she takes no joy when her Father speaks of his mortality.. it hurts her deep in her heart, though it is of course a matter of fact for all life. But that doesn’t mean she enjoys such talk.

And the King then draws his attention to Niji. The unicorn really does have these people trained well, good for them! He walks towards her, and addresses her. And then Niji does yet something else unexpected… her front legs bend a bit, and she dips her head down as the King approaches her. It’s as if the mystic equine is kneeling to him. He gets within range of her, and she pushes herself up and goes for that bread he is holding. She allows him the honor of petting her, and seeing her horn up close as she takes a big munching bite of the bread. She chews on it as she lets out a huff of air from her nostrils, her dark eyes now on the King.

Yuzuki moves towards the group, now standing near Burton, Harry and Benjie. Her hands are folded in front of her as she listens, her thoughts mirroring Anne’s thoughts. There is something more here than simple questions…

But at least she won’t have to feed Niji for a week at this rate.