QHAWEhW.jpg

Character Index

Albert Rhinegard

Jim's words do nothing to comfort Albert as the young man looks at Anne and Yuzuki, gauging their continued... adoration... for Jim. As his eyes return to Jim, he asks, "And what is this power that you 'liberated' these people with? Xing said you made people 'groovy'. If your power is some kind of mind control, I do not see why you wouldn't end up like Manson. Power is dangerous and corrupts easily." Bending down, Albert removes the shirt to find the knick gone, and quietly returns it onto his chest despite some of it being soaked in blood. This seems to be the normal course of life for him. The healing was appreciated, certainly, but trust could not be given easily in this world.

Despite that, Albert decided to sit down on one of the logs, leaning on one of his knees with his elbow, but did not partake of any of the drinks, "If you are truly a benevolent Stranger, then put things in perspective for me as well. How did you learn this magic as well?" With that, Albert motions to Anne and Yuzuki, "They don't need to accompany me. Yes, I'd probably die without them, but it isn't necessary. I appreciate their help certainly though, and I understand the feeling of intense loneliness and isolation, it isn't unusual for me."

YuzukiB.jpg

She hates that her mind is starting to more and more creep in the direction of overly cautious protector. Albert seems to know something… or in the least really suspect something. She really could be perfectly content to just let it go, just to continue a pleasant conversation. Without the bandit interceding, of course. But as it is… Albert's suspicions have made her suspicious. Stupid clear thinking man from the future.

Power… magic… Albert suspected there was something more going on, and those words from Jim kind of confirms that. When he motions towards Albert, she gives him just a quick glance for his reaction. Something in the back of her mind is telling her to be more cautious… even to get out of there while they can. She's getting more and more suspicious of this whole situation. Even if it is uncalled for.

Yuzuki reaches out and takes the tea with a soft smile and a half bow. "Thank you." She takes a few slow sips of the tea… yep it is rather good. A very exotic taste. She drinks of it slowly, looking between Albert and Jim as they converse. When Albert mentions that he doesn't need them to accompany him, she feels a little hurt. She felt like she was doing a good job of helping, even if it wasn't appreciated. For the first time she starts to think that these two westerners from the future don't really want her to accompany them. But she's sure Jim's camp would welcome her. Or maybe she could just traverse to Gatecia on her own. She would certainly get there faster. A faint frown is upon her lips as quietly she sips her tea, listening to the men go on about Mansons and cults and magics…

Jim holds his cup of tea with both hands and answers Albert while maintaining eye contact. "My power is the altering of perception." He shrugs "I suppose you could say in that way, I am a living drug." He goes on "I can make you see, feel, perceive anything I can think of if you're in my presence. But don't worry, I learned quickly that my power does not work on others from our world unless they allow me to affect them, or have their own will diminished." He says, anticipating Albert's reaction. "My...teacher I suppose you could call him, was David Bowie. He had studied a school of magic in our world extensively before he died; when he passed into here, that knowledge was made active and effective like he had never been able to accomplish before. He taught me that for people like us, ritual plus perception equals reality when you imbue your actions with will." He has another drink and holds out his hand, palm up. The fire moves from the wood to hover just above the palm of his hand. He holds it aloft, and breathes on it, making it grow slightly larger.

Anne looks on, her jaw a little slack and cup of rum nearly falling from her hand. She catches it, and downs it before saying "Ya sure nothin's in this rum? Because this? This cannot be real. It's impossible, what I'm seeing right now." She nudges the man with the rum, who is dazzled by the fire but totally unafraid as he refills her cup.

"My dear Anne, the impossible is only what we do not have the will to make real. " He smiles and looks over the fire in his hand at Albert "Is this unreal to you? Do you look at this, and think like Anne that this is impossible? Then it is, until it isn't. Go ahead, try to take the fire from me. If you will it, it will be done."

Albert Rhinegard

Albert supposed that Morrison made sense. Such an ability seemed particularly well suited considering his era and use of drugs in the past. In fact, it was so well suited that Albert looked over at Anne, considering her unusual strength, and then at Yuzuki, who undoubtedly held something too. All evidence seemed to point to Strangers having powers. And so, what were his?

It was a question he would have to try to answer later as Albert returned his attention to Morrison, listening carefully and being fairly unsurprised that even David Bowie had ended up here. And then the fire moved carefully above Jim's hand, bringing a massive grin to Albert's face as he mentally yells, That's so fucking cool! Maybe this world doesn't suck...

Taking up the challenge, Albert decides to hold his own hand out slightly towards the fire, staring into its dancing elements and talking mostly to himself, "Anything seems possible in this world. It may even be a dream I'm having or we're all having together. Pirates. Samurai. David Bowie. Jim Morrison. The only logical choice is to simply embrace this reality." Mentally, he smiles at the concentration of heat as if it were a beautiful woman, attempting to coax it into switching positions from its current owner's hand to his own, palm relaxed and open.

Reactions: Ms.Ezra
A soft gasp of surprise elicits forth from Yuzuki as those flames seem to follow some unspoken command onto Jim's hand. She finds herself taking a small step back at the sight, she realizes his hand isn't burned. No smell of burnt flesh in the least. And she isn't sure what she thinks of it… what her perception of it is. In some respect it's 'real'… but it can also be some kind of trick. She stares at the fire, trying to figure out if indeed it is some kind of trick, or some kind of trapping.

Anne seems… off-put by the sight. But Albert seems… excited? By it. He accepts Jim's challenge, and Yuzuki lets out a soft "Kih" of disapproval. She's been overprotective up to this point, so why not carry on as such? His power… power… While Yuzuki isn't familiar with how people are in the future, she finds it rather hard to believe that people would be able to be as strong as Anne seems to be. Is that her 'power'? Some kind of… strength beyond regular people? She knows she, herself, doesn't have some kind of physical strength like that. Is it possible she has some kind of new ability, but doesn't know it? Does Albert?

It almost feels like the more she finds in this world, the more questions she has… and this is something she does not like in the least.

The fire wavers and moves in Albert's direction when he extends his hand, but remains in Jim's hand. The man chuckles, and beside him Xing sips her tea quietly. "What are you thinking about Albert? You must be asking the fire to come to you, because it's still here. For things like fire, and other elements, they do not have will and so asking them to move does nothing. It's the opposite of how say, you must ask Anne and not order her to kiss you. You ask her for a kiss, you tell the fire to act." Jim looks over at Anne, who is nursing her cup of rum with a smile, leaning toward him with a dreamy look in her eyes. Or maybe it was just a drunken look. Or both, more likely.

"That a hint, Jimmy boy?" She asks.

Jim smiles back "Only if you want it to be."

Anne winks back and blows a kiss at him but keeps drinking "Later. When ya got both hands free."

Jim winks and blows a kiss back, then comes back to Albert "Again."

Albert Rhinegard

It's a bit disconcerting that the fire doesn't immediately move, but the slight hesitation of the flames soon emboldens him further as Albert listens carefully to Jim while trying to block out the stomach-wrenching 'romance' that seems to be brewing between Anne and Jim, "I see. That is an interesting perspective, though the analogy is a bit, ugh..." The man breaths deeply, trying to cleanse himself of the thought of those two hammering away at each other and reaches out once more with his palm. This time, his face is wrought with determination, and mentally Albert barks at the flame, Hover above my hand you insolent little shit. MOVE.

His absorption with practicing magic does, however, leave him to fail to notice that Yuzuki continues to be mostly uninvolved in the conversation, though that is her normal state it seems.

Yuzuki's eyes never leave the fire within Jim's palm, but when it wavers a moment her gaze is drawn briefly towards Albert. "Maybe this is your power, of what he spoke of. To be able to control this… magic… he speaks of." She says softly, wondering if any part of that could be true. The very words coming out of her mouth seem to be just nonsense.

Her hands move to rest on her sash now as she kind of paces back and forth idly. Albert's observation seems to be spot on. She seems mostly uninvolved in this. Ever since they arrived at this camp really. While Anne seems to be in love with the drink and the man… Albert seems to be wanting to satisfy his curiosity, his need to know more. Sure Yuzuki wants to know more also… but she feels so out of place here. Anne has some kind of strength (or so that's how she perceives it), and now it's possible Albert can… manipulate… magic? Fire? And she can… well she has her katana. And that's about it. She serves as a guard, and guards often go under the notice of those they serve.

Her eyes move towards Anne as she seems to drunkenly flirt with Jim… why does that make her feel worse about this whole thing? She mutters something to herself about drunks and bandits, her arms now crossing over her chest as her gaze moves back towards the fire.

This time the fire does move from Jim's hand. It does not float as it did with Jim though; it flies over to Albert's hand in the blink of an eye. It also does not sit quietly, it gets bigger and roars, threatening to consume Albert. Jim acts quickly and with a wave sends the fire back to the wood where it had come before it licked and burned him.

"Careful with your emotions, elements will react to it. And always remember poor Icarus." Jim warns and Xing, silent throughout the recent happenings, reaches out her hand at the fire.

"Calm." She says quietly and the fire indeed calms down to a pleasant crackle.

"Well I think that's enough magic for now. How about we eat? Do you prefer fish, or deer?" Jim asks the three, looking over at Yuzuki "If you would like a little taste of home, we have someone who knows how to prepare fish just like they do in your homeland."

"I would like some fish." Xing answers, preparing another pot of tea.

"Would love some deer meat. Red in the middle, if you please." Anne answers and tries to have another drink, but finds her cup empty
and the man with the rum leaves for their meals before she can ask for a refill. She pouts her lips and lets the cup drop from her hand.

At that moment, someone else comes to the tent, a young man who appears very worried. "Jim! We have a problem. Horse is back, and he has someone from Red Shield!"

Jim bolts up and leaves without a word, Xing on his heels. It takes Anne a couple moments to react, but she down her rum and runs after them with a very unsteady gait.

Outside, Jim and company stands just outside his tent watching the approach of an unusual sight. A man, of American Indian descent with long wavy light brown hair, shirtless, in buckskin leggings, riding a unicorn. On either side of them walked two men of a rougher appearance than others in the camp, each hauling by ropes the carcass of a dead deer. The crew, Yuzuki in particular, might recognize them as members of Wallace's raiding party. If they weren't distracted of course by the unicorn, and the loud ranting protests coming from behind the party. "Release me dammit! I. AM. NOT. A. THREAT!" The party comes to the tent and they see the voice belongs to a young man in light leather armor.

The man on the unicorn stops while the two men take the deer away. The man stops ranting. "Finally. Now let me outta these rope so I can explain."

The rider comes down and walks to Jim, giving the new people a cursory look. He speaks in broken English. "Found him sneaking. Says he is not a danger, but what man sneaks when not a danger?"

"Yeah...these Red Shield guys, I had a feeling they'd come around soon enough." He snaps his fingers, and the man is free.

"Thank you." He rubs his wrists and comes up to Jim, appearing to ignore the others for now. "I'm Charlan, field operative with Red Shield, and contrary to what this man might think, I'm not here to cause trouble. I just...umm had some questions about what's going on here." He gestures around at the camp in general, then finally sees Anne, Yuzuki, and Albert. "And I suppose question them too since they look like new Strangers. But you're more important right now."

Jim laughs "Really? Must be to send someone way out here. I know what this is about though. Your guild doesn't like what we're doing. Or more, what Horse and I are doing. Makes you all nervous a select few are breaking from society."

Charlan nods "You can say that. I'm a little more concerned now seeing those three." He points at Anne, Yuzuki, and Albert "My superiors are worried. Worried you and Crazy Horse here are starting something dangerous."

The man he had called Crazy Horse, in a rather quick motion, has his hand around Charlan's neck and squeezing. His expression is harsh, lips pressed tight.

"He doesn't like that name. Why we just call him Horse." Jim says and tells his friend "Let him go, honest mistake."

Charlan is released, and takes a moment to get his breath back. "Sorry. Won't happen again. Can I get your names so I don't happen to make the same mistake?" He asks the trio.

Anne, leaning partially on Jim as she's quite drunk now, answers with a slur to her voice. "Annnnne Bonny. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert Rhinegard

Albert rears back for a moment, caught off guard by the almost-engulfing flame, but is thankfully saved by Jim, Perhaps I should watch it after all... Even after all of that though, Albert can't bring himself to truly trust Jim as the man asks for what the trio would like to eat. Running his hand through his hair, the man draws a deep breath and calms his nerves, I must practice more. If I can move fire, and Jim can even heal wounds, then perhaps 'magic' is really just enforcing one's will upon this reality. Which means I should be capable of damn near anything...

Thoughts interrupted by the intruding man, Albert gets to his feet and follows them outside, surprised to see a Native American here, Crazy Horse huh? I wonder if it's the same guy from the history books. Probably. Looking at the prisoner though, he doesn't recognize the man. Considering the man's words, he is also not a Stranger as Albert replies simply while running his hand through his hair once more, "Albert Rhinegard." What is more concerning is the men from Wallace's group, whom Albert tries not to make eye contact with.

YuzukiB.jpg

As the fire suddenly expands, her eyes widen and her right hand reaches over her midsection to the hilt of her sword. She isn't quite sure how all of this magic stuff works… so for all she knows it's some kind of attack on Albert. Her eyes follow the flames as they seem to be flung away, her gaze snapping back towards Jim then.

But as Xing seems to bring the flames under control, she starts to relax a little. She stands fully as her hands fall to her sides now, a gentle sigh escaping her lips. Her nerves feel like they're about shot at this point. Something is always jumping or yelling or burning…

Out of the corner of her eyes does she look towards Jim with his offer of food, and she nods a little as she speaks softly. "Fish would be nice, thank you." Her gaze moves towards Anne… why can Yuzuki only see problems with these people that now surround her? Anne is just… she seems to be motivated by drink. Ever since the first. How can she rely on someone like that? The answer is simple…

She can't.

Yuzuki jumps a little when the young man bursts into the tent, her wide eyes looking towards him. Something always jumping or yelling or burning… Yuzuki follows behind Xing, her pace a quick step. And as she does… of course her attention wholly and immediately is drawn…to…the…unicorn? A unicorn. Well why the hell not. Because… unicorns. Her gaze eventually tears itself away from the sight of the mythical…well not really mythical anymore… creature… and towards the two men hauling the deer. A soft gasp escapes her lips, and she takes a little step back. Her left hand raises discretely to grasp the top edge of her scabbard, just under the guard of her sword. Cautiously her gaze moves… no one seems to be reacting to the men. Yuzuki recognizes them as some of the party that raided the Barbin camp. The party that slaughtered without thought. The ones she showed mercy to in letting them flee. And now here they are again… in Jim's camp… seeming to be welcome.

Discretely she looks towards Jim, and then Xing. Their attention seems to be upon the bound man. Yuzuki steps closer to Albert, speaking in little more than a whisper as her gaze follows the men dragging the deer. "Those two men… they were part of the group that attacked the Barbin…" She doesn't know the implications of this. Was Jim truly the master of the group, commanding those men to attack the village? Has everything he's said thus far been some kind of ruse? A farce? She can't just attack though, she doesn't have anything resembling proper justification. But for all this time… she has heard how Jim changes people… could it be as simple as that?

Now she has even more reason to be on guard. As if she weren't high strung enough. If those men are working for Jim in some negative manner… she will have to act. If they have been subdued mentally… then Jim is more of a threat than she initially thought. Things are going downhill in her mind.

Anne tells Charlan her name, and so does Albert. Her dark eyes move to the man as she frowns thoughtfully, and now she turns to face him fully. Her long dark colored hair frames her young features, most of the hair having pulled out of her ponytail by now. "You will forgive me, sir. But I don't answer to people I don't know, or have no reason to answer to." She says in a firm, unamused tone. Her left hand still grasps the top of her scabbard, her form a bit tense.

She doesn't like this. She doesn't like this at all…

This 'Charlan' fellow shrugs when Yuzuki gives her answer. "Fair enough. I've had worse responses to that question." He stands with his arms at his side, wide open to attack if one so wanted, but his right hand hovers over the short sword in its scabbard. Anne takes her hand off Jim, and shows she's not entirely oblivious by likewise having her hand at her cutlass, ready for anything. He speaks carefully in a measured tone. "A warning...just a warning....that my superiors know my last location, and what I was doing here. If I go too long without reporting in, they'll have no choice but to assume you've all turned to Ends, and treaty or not, that'll bring the armies of Gatecia, maybe even Linia, down on your camp. Nobody wants that."

"No, nobody does." Jim speaks up, stepping toward Charlan then addresses everyone else. "Everyone...calm down....hands off your weapons, please."

Charlan sighs, relieved and talks to Jim "Good. Now I want your side of what you're doing here."

Jim walks closer to Charlan, arms crossed over his bare chest. Horse walks over to Xing, and is greeted with a warm smile by the woman. They stand side by side, Xing turning her head away from the man and fidgeting in place slightly. The unicorn follows behind him without need of an audible order, and sniffs at the ground for food.

"What you see here, aside from our three guests, is a group of people who no longer want to live in either of the Kingdoms of Lies, or in Horse's case, found nothing outside the wilds that he wants." Jim answers, standing in front of Charlan just in his reach, looking the man in the eye.

Charlan retorts. "Odd. Because I've actually been watching you a couple days now. And that one-" He points at Xing, who perks up "-has been teaching some of these people how to fight. Running drills and other such things one would think only an army would do. And you have ...Horse...who we've gathered from other sources was a military leader of some renown in your world. So you'll understand my confusion when you make it sound like you're all out here for any other reason besides building an army."

Jim's expression turns more stern, he opens his mouth to retort as well. But he's interuppted by Anne swaggering forth to stand between them and interjecting with a voice that is as loud as it is dramatic "My my look. at. that. sky. Time sure flies when ya got yer nose in rum! " She says to Jim then turns to Charlan and fumbles her words as she speaks to him "Ch-Cha-Charlie? Charlie! You and Jimmy obviously have lots to talk about while measurin' up each other's willies, and while I wouldn't mind dinner and a show-" She points at Albert and Yuzuki "My crew wouldn't like that kinda show, and as a good captain, I respect their wishes to not stick around for that. So if ya don't mind, we'll be getting our bags and back on our way." She starts to walk away, makes it three steps before Charlan reaches out and grabs her shoulder.

"I do in fact mind. I have a duty to-" He starts to say in a commanding tone, but is stopped by Anne's fist whipping back and connecting with his jaw. The young man stumbles, then falls on his back, unconcious.

Anne growls, sighs, turns around and puts her hands on her hips while looking down at Charlan. "Was already a boring conversation anyway." She then looks around at the assembled camp, most of whom are stunned with what just happened. Then the man known as Horse starts laughing, a laugh that is deep and loud. This causes Xing to laugh, then Jim, and slowly the rest of the camp erupts in laughter. Horse comes and ties up Charlan once again.

Albert Rhinegard

Albert quietly observes the scene unfold, taking it all in. The existence of 'Ends', which would seem to be bad Strangers? Further evidence of opposition between Gatecia, Linia, and Strangers, which makes sense. Anything or anyone that could destabilize those in power is always feared. But in Anne's actions, Albert can only sigh, rubbing his temples, "Was that necessary, Anne? You've assaulted who-knows-what officer this is. I understand you used to be a pirate, but some restraint is a good idea in this case. We still don't know what we're dealing with."

For a moment, Albert pauses, surprised to say 'we' as if the three of them were working together. Anne's words seem to have at least made clear that they're not sticking around Jim's group too long. Or perhaps that was simply a bluff. Then, he continues once more, "Becoming wrapped up in this is a bad idea, Anne, Yuzuki."

YuzukiB.jpg

One can feel the tension now hovering in the air between the parties. Yuzuki listens carefully to what is said… both the words and the intent behind those words. While Jim and his camp have been utterly hospitable… she still doesn't know which side is the 'right' side in this. But then, everyone thinks they are on the side of right, of righteousness. It's all a matter of perspective.

Gatecia… Linia… Kingdoms of Lies… and to her, it does sound like Jim might be building an army. Her dark eyes drift between the two men as she frowns thoughtfully, and if she were of a higher status she would be questioning them both. But it's not her place to do such a thing.

And her eyes widen as Anne seems to come out of nowhere, and Yuzuki grumbles in the back of her mind.

Oh dear.

When Anne points to herself and Albert, declaring them her crew, she gets an odd look on her features. She glances towards Albert, then back towards Anne as she puts on her show. Now Charlan doesn't seem the type to take well to being disrespected. Especially when he's trying to assert some sort of authority. She's seen the kind… Imperial Officers that let their limited power get the best of them. The slightest affront to them, and they respond poorly. She doesn't know what's about to happen, but she feels her knees bending a little as she tenses slightly, her right hand reaching discretely over her waist. As if she were acting merely on instinct.

And that's when Anne goes next level. She watches Anne and Charlan intently, trying to read their movements. Yuzuki watches Charlan's features as Anne turns her back towards him, and he starts to reach for her. Just as Anne starts to spin around, Yuzuki is in motion. Frankly she was ready to take off Charlan's arm. Which seems harsh… but she's in a new world. Who knows what he can do, and she won't take any chances. With an impressive speed she covers the distance to Anne and Charlan, just as he starts to fall. She skids to a halt next to Anne, her upper body leaning forward slightly, her hand now wrapped around her katana. She scans the crowd around them, as if daring one of them to step towards Anne. But they all seem… shocked. And with good reason.

But when the camp around them starts to laugh… she finds herself sighing as she pushes herself to her full height. Her hand slowly pulls away from her sword, and she looks towards Albert as he speaks, actually agreeing with him. Though she doesn't say so. She draws in a slow, deep calming breath. As she breathes in through her nostrils, she counts to 5… holds it to the count of 4… and then exhales to the count of 6.

"Very bad idea." She says in agreement with Albert. She now looks towards Anne, and she reaches out to gently grasp her wrist as she speaks softly. "Captain… we should leave this encampment. I've little doubt he was not bluffing about his superiors knowing where he is. Forgive me… but I don't think we can afford to take sides. Not until we know more… So we should remove ourselves…" But then it occurs to her… if some kind of vengeful wrath were to come from Charlan's superiors… would Jim's camp and those within be the target of that wrath? If Charlan knew where they were, then she has little doubt they know where the camp is also. And while she doesn't want to put others in harm's way… she's a feeling that these people can defend themselves admirably.

Anne rounds on Albert, brow scrunched and bloodshot eyes narrowed "Whaddya mean used to be a pirate? I may be landbound, but I am still a pirate, damn it! Watch." She shakes her fist at him then turns back on Charlan, kneeling to start rifling through his armor. Around his belt, she finds a small pouch and it makes a faint jingle that gets her excited. "Gold?" She asks, yanking it off his belt and opening it. Her expression falls, then becomes inquisitive "Not gold...but shiny scales? Junk!" She closes the pouch but tosses it over her shoulder. It falls just in front of Albert. Should it be picked up, one will find there are twenty of the shiny green scales.

Anne's hands fumble a little more as they yank off another larger pouch. "And a ball? Oh." She takes it out, and stands to hold it aloft. It's a fist-sized cystal ball. "This worth a pretty penny?" She asks Jim, who snatches it out of her hand gently, much to her annoyance.

"This? It's how they communicate across the world. Seer Orb I think is what they call it. Not something you want to be carrying if you don't want trouble from Red Shield. I'm going to use this to contact his superiors, and arrange a proper meeting. Keep the scales if you like, they're the most common form of currency in this world." He explains.

Horse finishes re-tying Charlan, and gestures for one of the men to take him away. Horse's eyes go from Anne, then to Albert, and fall on Yuzuki. He looks between Yuzuki and Xing, who stands only a couple feet away from Yuzuki. He approaches and stands in front and between them, perplexed. "Relations?" He asks of Yuzuki, pointing to her and Xing. The unicorn he had rode in walks over, and also looks at Yuzuki, sniffing her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert Rhinegard

Albert mostly nods at Yuzuki's agreement, hoping to swiftly end their involvement with this place. It was a bad idea from the beginning. Had Jim actually been hostile, considering his abilities and apparent charisma or sway over the other two, things could've been very unfortunate. When Anne tosses the scales towards Albert by accident, the man bends down gently and picks them up, examining them closely while mentally talking to himself, Interesting. Reptile scales, it seems. Unlikely to be trophies considering how many there are.

When Jim states that they're currency, Albert quietly returns the scales to their pouch and then tosses it onto Charlan's unconscious body, wondering if the other two will bother him about them. Their exact worth could be anything though, even equivalent to pennies or maybe gold coins back on Earth. Who knows. The young man looks over at Horse and the unicorn as the latter approachs Yuzuki, Unicorns, eh? Considering Horse is riding one, if the mythology and my memory are right, that must mean Horse is very special. Despite his lack of knowledge about the different races of people, heh.

Returning his gaze to Anne, Albert merely coughs, "Perhaps it would be best not to rob the agent of a powerful organization, Anne. It would also be advisable to extricate ourselves from this situation as soon as possible..."

YuzukiB.jpg

Yuzuki groans gently as Anne feels the need to suddenly prove her piratey moxie to Albert. As Anne starts to search Charlan, Yuzuki steps closer to her. Her eyes would move amongst the crowd gathered, a serious look upon her features.

Her gaze moves to the Seer Orb, and Jim would explain that it's used for communication. His reaction to it doesn't seem to place the Orb as being anything very out of the ordinary. So, is such a thing common in these lands? A ball that you can use to speak to others far away? That would be very handy on the battlefield, for the front lines to get orders from generals. But if what Jim insinuates, about it being a means for this Red Shield to find them, it's best to leave it behind.

She hopes they are now ready to move, to get out of this place before it fills with Charlan's people. Yuzuki reaches up and pulls a ribbon from her hair, which causes her long brown hair to fall about her shoulders. She quickly pulls it back once more, retying the ribbon into a ponytail. She kind of brushes a few locks from her forehead, her eyes watching Horse as he comes closer to her. Her gaze moves to the unicorn as it, too, seems to notice her. But when Horse asks if she and Xing are related, she gets an almost offended look on her face. "What? Related? What? No…" she says as she shakes her head. She leans forward a little and looks towards Xing… to Yuzuki it's as obvious as night and day that Xing is Chinese, and she herself is Japanese. How do you confuse Japanese and Chinese? She looks towards Horse as the unicorn approaches her, motioning to herself. "I'm from Japan… My family's territory is the Mutsu Province…" As if that would explain everything.

The unicorn now closes in on Yuzuki, and she finds herself leaning back a little from it. At first. But as the unicorn starts to sniff at her, she feels something stir in her heart. She is immediately reminded of the one that had been by her side for these past few awful years. She reaches out as she glances towards Horse, and her hand so gently brushes against the unicorn's muzzle. Her head tilts a little to one side as now she smiles softly, her fingertips brushing against the soft fur "Hello. You are a lovely thing, yes?" She starts to smile a little more as the unicorn seems to respond a little to her. "You remind me of someone I knew. Someone I miss." She says very softly, as if almost to herself.

Xing giggles at Horse's question, and Yuzuki's reply then speaks to her "Forgive Horse he doesn't mean to be offensive.

Horse himself looks more perplexed at Yuzuki's attempt to explain their difference. The word 'Japan' for him translating through the magic of her medallion as 'The origin of the sun' and he looks up at the sun, then down to her. "You are...from the sun?"

Again Xing giggles and reaches out to pat Horse on his shoulder. "No no she's from a land, in your world, that calls itself that. Right?" She asks Yuzuki, her hand remaining on the man's shoulder.

The unicorn nuzzles against Yuzuki's hand, stepping closer to sniff at her hair. Horse smiles and says "She likes you. You must be a good, honorable person. She saved me when I was alone in this world, and brought me to Jim and Xing." The unicorn turns her head to Horse, who meets her with a lean-in of his head and he appears to be listening to something only he can hear. He nods, smiles and says to Yuzuki "She would like you to see her child."

Meanwhile,

The sack of scales fall off Charlan's body as he's taken away, and it is swiftly taken up by Anne. She juggles it between her hands, and smiles. "If this is money, then it's mine now." She grins and turns back to Jim, who is likewise juggling the Seer Orb rather expertly.

He shrugs "The upside of this world being how it is; it takes a day or more for anyone to get this far out from the nearest city, so no need to leave in such a hurry. Wouldn't you rather be back on your journey with a full stomach?" He asks Anne.

"For sure I do." Anne answers while fashioning the string that had tied the sack to Charlan's belt into a necklace so it can hang around her neck. "What of you two?"

Reactions: Gands
Albert Rhinegard

The Yuzuki conversation was another interesting case of misinterpretation, but Albert's attention was drawn more to Anne stealing the sack of scales. It was an act that made him grimace, and quite possibly one that would come back to haunt them. In addition to the whole punching the guy in the face thing. When Anne questions him about the possibility of staying, Albert can merely sigh and look up at the sky, "Perhaps if you put your infatuation with Jim away, you'd realize staying is dangerous. Teleportation may be a thing here, or they may be closer than the nearest city already. Or perhaps Jim is planning on radicalizing you into his group. Stealing the man's money is also not a good thing to do, but as a pirate, I suppose it comes naturally to you."

Reactions: Gands
YuzukiB.jpg

Yuzuki looks back towards Horse, and follows his gaze skywards. She would shake her head a little with his question… from the sun? Where does he get that from? She then looks down a little, towards the medallion she wears. Is it possible it's not speaking true words that she intends? Or mistranslating them? She couldn't even begin to tell you how it works… or why everyone here seems to speak Japanese suddenly (to her, of course), so she can't begin to fathom its other properties. Or flaws.

In agreement with Xing's words, she nods as she looks between her and Horse now. "That is what my land is called. Some call it that… land of morning sun, or land of rising sun…" She hopes that's what he means, or that's what he got out of it. If this medallion is messing with her words every few sentences, that could be a problem.

She feels the unicorn move closer, and she looks back towards her with a softening smile. "Hello." She says softly as she sniffs at her hair, one of her own eyes closing a little. But when Horse makes comment about what the unicorn must think of her, she finds herself not believing it totally. The 'honorable' part. She's long held that the part of her life that might have been honorable has long since fallen away. "Well I like you, too." She says softly to the unicorn.

It's about then she seems to turn her attention to Horse, and Yuzuki watches curiously. Are they… communicating? Well once more…. Why not? Cat people… future people… armies being built in the wilderness by shirtless westerners…. Why not?

But it's when Horse speaks that she is truly confused. Towards the beautiful unicorn Yuzuki looks, bewilderment painted across her features. "But wh-" She would ask why… but she suddenly thinks that would be utterly disrespectful. These creatures… in the lore she knows… are said to appear as a good omen, accompanied by prosperity and serenity. She knows this might not be a true beast from the lore she has been told since she was nothing more than a child… but…

Albert seemed to have many misconceptions about what Yuzuki 'should be' according to his books. Books written by long dead men she has never met. Perhaps this is the same case. Maybe this is one of the blessed creatures spoken of in stories. Divine and peaceful creatures…

Yuzuki nods as she smiles softly, her hand brushing against the muzzle of the unicorn gently. "Please… I would be honored." She says in a gentle tone.

She knows Albert and Anne are having their own little debate… but they will have to hold their own for right now. To refuse such an offer would not only be rude, but it would be disrespectful to the creature. She only glances in Albert and Anne's direction, deciding they need to solve this on their own. She needs to step away from them, from the constant tension she has been feeling.

And she wants to see a baby unicorn. Duh.