QHAWEhW.jpg

Character Index

"Heh, whatever do ya mean Zuki?" Anne asks, as if not knowing what she had insuated. "I was just sayin' Jim was a right good host before the winds changed."

At that same time Genessa looks over at Grimm, and knows from her short time with the man he has to be very bored with all this. She thinks about going out on a hunt for something special for the night's dinner after this is done.

Benjie's impassioned (almost berating) speech captures everyone's attention. Fergus the bird retreats more into the brim of Anne's hat being affected by his emotions. Anne scrunches her brow, almost like she was about to fire back with something, but holds her tongue. Genessa is very much surprised at this outburst. Leonidas looks from Benjie to Yuzuki and back but says nothing, and gives none of his thoughts on the matter. Dean is the most understanding in his knowing look and nod.

When Houdini takes his turn to say his piece, Anne looks at the empty beer bottle at ' Each of us has our own set of troubles in our hearts and minds. ' and frowns. Genessa places her hand over the flask in her pocket, looks down at it, and around at everyone. Dean looks at Yuzuki and out the door where Benjie had just left.

"Oh yes, by all means, if Albert tries to kill any of us then he's gotta go." Anne admits first when Harry is done.

"I agree, except-" Genessa raises a finger "if this Hizashi can be, we absolutely must take him alive if it can be helped. Sparing his life, if temporarily, could save many more." She rationalizes. When asked by Burton to get the location of Jim's camp, she is a little confused but decides to ask Anne and Yuzuki later.

Many are thankful that the tone of the meeting is shifted from the personal to focus on the mission at hand, and Leonidas in particular listens intently.

"I would have liked to have you planning our battles, Mr. Burton." Leonidas commends the other veteran soldier. "I agree with this plan. The days of training as well. The iron weapons will take some adjustment for me."

"Grimm and I, we could go hunting for the food we will need." Genessa offers. "I would like to teach him anything unique to our world he may not recognize, to make him an even better tracker."

"I can lead us right to where Jim's camp had been." Anne says to Burton tipping her hat. Fergus comes out from the brim and resumes his perch atop the hat. "Will even have us a teeny scout this time round." She points up at Fergus, whose little green head darts around at everyone, wondering why he is suddenly getting attention but not distressed by it at the same time.

"I...look forward to hearing all about it." Dean says looking down at his shackled feet. He ponders a moment then asks himself aloud "Maybe take up a little hobby. Bird watching? I dunno, I'll find somethin' to kill time while you're all off kicking ass."

And so it was The Liberators took two days to train, and prepare for their next mission all in their own ways.

Anne the Pirate spent her time training her feathered companion. People would see her on the ramparts of the fort, pointing in a direction the little bird would fly off towards, and in the time of four drinks of ale would return to chirp at her. To listen to Anne you would surmise that a full conversation was taking place; the bird describing the area he had been sent to fly over and around. When not training, Anne would engage her fellow Liberators in some light to medium sparring. With Yuzuki it was swords, and while the pirate lacked the same finesse with a blade, she was still able to keep on par with the samurai woman with her unorthodox swordplay. Fergus meanwhile would try to be more friendly to Niji, the unicorn he had threatened when first meeting her. Though the bird remained protective of Anne's/His hat.

Leonidas would train all day adjusting to the added heft and power of his new iron shield, short sword, and spear. One would think his age might affect the man, but the life of a Spartan proved to have added at least twenty more years of prime health to the man's life. Only the keenest of observers would catch that he controls his breathing more than a younger man would.

Genessa made good on her plans with Grimm. The two explored the area around the fort extensively, often crossing paths with Fergus. In that time Genessa would show Grimm how while she was of the nobility, she was no less knowledgeable about the wilderness than he, and did not shy from dirtying her hands with earth, or blood and guts to clean the kill of the day. In fact, one would see the woman was...oddly comfortable with blood; even being caught licking it from her hands at least once by her hunting companion.

James Dean would be kept to his rooms for the most part, thought visitors were allowed and very welcomed by the man.

When the day to disembark on their mission came, The Liberators would leave in the same manner and groups as they had arrived with a meeting planned at a point outside York where Anne, Yuzuki and Benji had first spotted the city from a distance. And the journey would be uneventful, very quiet.

One would say, almost too quiet...

END OF STRANGERS: GATECIA

UP NEXT

STRANGERS: THE HUNT!

Reactions: Nomad-22 and Gands
YuzukiB.jpg
Quietly Yuzuki would listen to the other suggestions given. She is in very unfamiliar territory, and she hopes she can be of use somehow. Even offering up what she sees as pointless ideas, maybe they can actually be of use. Maybe someone else can add onto them.

But she can't believe how… informal… Anne can be. It's practically scandalous… but she is proclaimed the 'lead', the captain. So what is she to do?

And when Benjie slams his fist on the table, her wide eyes snap towards him. And to her own surprise… he is staring right at her. Slowly she now turns to face him, her brown eyes staring right into his without hesitation. It's ironic… for all of Benjie's passion and anger towards her, towards her sentiments… she's heard this speech before. Someone being surprised by her actions, claiming to know how she 'should' be acting. Or trying to quantify what it is she does and speak. That part doesn't surprise her… but what does surprise her is his words that follow.

Each word out of Benjie's lips does nothing more than make her more angry. Her breathing is a little more hurried, her cheeks red now with an anger barely held in check. But her hands are relaxed, folded in front of her as Benjie lays into her verbally. She says nothing in retort, no words come forth when he finally falls silent. Her head does bow down slightly as he now walks to the door and slams it. The slamming of the door causes her to look up towards it, narrowing her eyes.

She looks towards Harry when he speaks, her cheeks still glowing red. Both with anger and now with embarrassment. Her gaze moves back to the door as Burton, and then Anne speak. As the conversation moves on, she only half hears it. But she hears enough, her eyes bolted to the door Benjie went out.

"If I may…" she now looks towards Anne as she continues. "I am merely the soldier for your group. I have trust in what it is you all" she looks into the eyes of all the others "decide what is best." She looks back to Anne "You need only tell me what it is to be done, and it shall be done. You will have answers from Hizashi, you've my word on it. Point me in the direction you wish me to battle, and I will do so without hesitation. As the arrow from the bow." Her gaze then looks back towards the door. "I await your orders, then. Now, I beg you excuse me." She takes a few steps, and then turns with a half bow to the group. Turning once more, she walks quietly out the door.

And once it closes softly behind her, she is in route to her own room. A look of anger still on her features, her pace a brisk walk. Getting to her room, she scoops up her sword from its mount upon the floor. Her original sword, not the Honjo. For the task ahead of her with Benjie… her original sword will do just fine. She moves from her room then, her sword and scabbard held in her hand.

Yuzuki will return in Strangers: The Hunt

Once the meeting was over Grimm was finally able to go hunting. Genessa tagged along and further confused the hairy hunter as to her social standing. While she had the look of a royal and spoke like one she was admittedly skilled in tracking and hunting. A few times Grimm gave Genessa odd looks when she licked her bloody fingers, but shrugged it off as a strange otherworldly custom.

@Ms.Ezra