Stranger Danger OOC and Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chemical_cream

Original poster

Welcome to the OOC thread for Stranger Danger, a private RP by four newbie roleplayers.

strangerdanger_tint.png

• [fieldbox="Story, red, solid"]One day, Chara A decides to play hooky... and gets abducted by Chara B.
    Chara C is the only witness.
    Chara D is a member of law enforcement who somehow gets involved.

What will happen to A? Why did B abduct A? Will C come forward and help D? Will D ever catch a break?

[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Characters, red, solid"]Character A "The Captive" to be played by @Jiinx-strain
    Character B "The Captor" to be played by @KafKa
    Character C "The Witness" to be played by @sangfroid
    Character D "The Heat" to be played by @chemical_cream

Non-Player Characters (NPCs):
    Currently none.

NPCs are characters who are not specifically played by anyone but still interact with the RP characters. They can be good tools to move the storyline along - as a source of information, for example.

Anyone can create an NPC at any time. However, please note that adding more characters - even NPCs - will increase the complexity of the RP.

Once created, NPCs are group property. They may be used by anyone. However, please be courteous when using an NPC and remain true to the traits specified by the original creator. If you want to retain exclusive control over an NPC, please state so explicitly in this thread. You may also consider adding your NPC as an actual playable character of the RP.
    [/fieldbox][fieldbox="Character Sheet, red, solid"] To formally join the RP, you will need to provide some background information on the character you have chosen.
    You can use the following information as a guide:

Role Chosen: (Character A, B, C, or D)
    Name:
    Relationship Status/Dating History: (Optional)
    Appearance: (physical build, hair color, eye color, ethnicity, distinctive features, standard wardrobe, etcetera)
    Personality in Three Adjectives:
    Additional Personality Notes: (Optional)
    Backstory: (Optional)
    Interesting Trivia About Character:
    Character Quote or Maxim:

Pictures are optional.
    Please post your completed character sheet in this thread. When all characters are accounted for, they will be added to this post. Thanks! :)

[/fieldbox]

1. [padding]Please write in the third person POV, past tense.[/padding]
    2. [padding]Hands off other players' characters.
      Do not control the speech, actions, thoughts, appearance, or any other characteristics, of characters other than your own; you can only describe how another character appears from your own character's point of view. You may quote another character, as long as the quote is taken directly from their own post.

You can do this by cooperating with the player of the character you want to interact with. Make advance arrangements on this thread or PM them. Have them approve the speech or action you want their character to take, before incorporating their character into your post.
      [/padding]
    3. [padding]For the sake of clarity, we will use colors on character dialogue.
      Each character will use a specific color, according to their player's preference. Designated colors will also be used when quoting characters.

Click here for the Iwaku Color Guide.[/padding]
    4. [padding]Prioritize substance, avoid filler.
      There are no requirements for post length, but as much as possible, make each post count. Advance the story, build your character, present opportunities for interaction, etcetera.[/padding]
    5. [padding]Post at least once a week.
      Minimum post frequency is once a week. Preferably, there should be at least one post per day (from any player), to keep the momentum going. In the event of a prolonged absence, please inform the other players ahead of time through this thread or PM.

This list covers the basic rules of this RP only. It does not contain all the rules of Iwaku in general.
      To learn more about what is or is not allowed site-wide, please see the links in the "Helpful Links" tab. [/padding]

• Since we're all new to Iwaku, I've taken the liberty of compiling this list of resources.
    If you want something added on, feel free to let me know :)

Information on Iwaku Rules and RP Mechanics:
    Iwaku Terms of Service and Rules
    An Introduction to RP
    Roleplay Mechanics Lesson Directory

Information on Formatting Posts:
    A Beginner's Guide to the Rich Text Editor
    BB Codes Reference
    Color Guide

[tabs][/tabs]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jiinx-strain
I'm not sure if this is the comment box... If I were to pass a character sheet, where should I pass it, or give it to?

I'm not sure if this is the comment box... If I were to pass a character sheet, where should I pass it, or give it to?
Just post it here dude.

This is the Out of Character (OOC) thread, so we'll do all the discussion about the story and characters here. The actual RP will be a different thread. I'll work on it once all the character sheets are ready :)

Status
Not open for further replies.