Strange Encounters of Any Kind

• Thread starter BitoftheUltraviolence
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yata Misaki - Sleep paralysis is a real freaky experience, although it supposedly happens more often when you're lying on your back. Anytime I've had it, that's how I've woken up: on my back.

I guess it counts as a creepy encounter, although I'm not really "encountering" anything other than my stupid brain. I've only had trouble breathing with one instance of it; usually for me it happens as I'm dreaming, realize I'm dreaming, "wake up", and spend a minute or two trying to figure out if this is reality, find it isn't, and "wake up" again. It always terrifies me because I start thinking I'll never wake up, and the environment always starts to melt/sag around me when I figure it out. Just when I think I'm really awake, nope! Even though that totally looked like your bedroom, you were just imagining it. All the things you thought were real were a lie. Start all over.

Thankfully it doesn't happen often!

My Odd experience was back when I was around 14 or so. My best friend's family had a vacation home on a private residential island in New Hampshire on lake Winnipesaukee. Most of the other residents (there were maybe 45 houses or so) mostly used it in summer. But my friend's family liked to ski and just get away so they used it year round. It was pretty far from any town, with one bridge off and on the island and her parents were mostly unwilling to drive us anywhere cool so we just sort of schlepped around the island being hooligans.

So one winter, there had been a big snow about a week before we arrived and while the roads were plowed, the driveways were not. We were bad-asses and smoked and so, bored, we decided to walk around the island at dusk. We picked a house we knew had a lake-facing deck and traipsed down the unmarked snow of the driveway to sit on the porch, our backs leaning against the sliding class door as we had a smoke. So imagine our surprise when the door behind us opened up and a man with faded, loose for his frame denim shirt and pants with several days growth of beard peered down at us. Serious creepy vibes coming from him. The house behind him was dark. There had been no car, no tire marks, no footprints in the week-old snow.

We stared at him, he stared at us and then my friend made some gibbering statement about looking for someone and wasn't this their house. He looked as stunned as us and replied that no, they didn't live there. We muttered something and ran. We were keenly aware that it was dark, we were on the other side of the island from anyone else and that this man clearly belonged there no more than we did.

Looking back I am feel so lucky we got out of there alive, bad, bad things could have happened. 14 year old girls go missing all the time. Glad I wasn't one of them.

I think my creepiest (if not the scariest) encounter that I have ever had was sleep paralysis.

Okay, probably doesn't fit your description but I'll go on anyway...

So I was doing what a normal person would do after a long day of work and play (ya know, sleeping) and I was asleep for around about six hours. I was on the verge of waking up...but that's where it began.

My mind woke up, but then my body wouldn't move. I was horrifically confused for the first few minutes of this awkward feeling. I tried to open my eyes, but they were glued shut. That was when I started to panic. Did I sleep the wrong way last night? Am I still dreaming?

Then I started to feel out of breath. Obviously since I couldn't move my arms to get rid of the blanket that was slightly covering my face, I opened my mouth. However, I couldn't...No matter how hard I tried it was as if someone had sewn my lips together. I couldn't even breath through my nose for fuck sakes. I just wanted some air Jesus Christ.

This when on for another twenty seconds. However, as I started to feel more and more out of breath, (and now it's probably my mind playing a trick on me or some shit like that), I saw this weird figure. I couldn't tell whether it was a male or female since its face was so disfigured in a way that made it look nothing like a human. It rushed up towards my face, but then reached its hands out to cover my mouth, further preventing me from breathing. I would've squirmed, but as stated before, my body just stayed still.

Luckily, my mom soon barged into my room and yelled at me to wake up. I immediately jolted my body, and soon realised that I was able to move and breath again. Relieved, I took a few more gasps to make up for the time I couldn't breath earlier. Afterwards, I googled searched my weird experience and learned that what I had just gone through was sleep paralysis.

So uhh yeah...That was my creepy/scary/wtf encounter. Yeah sleep paralysis sucks. It happened to me twice already...
Well that beats any thing I've ever gone through o.o
I'm the kinda guy that would take not being able to move as an opportunity to FINALLY astral project XP (I came soooooo close! But that stupid wheel effect I just don't know how to get past DX) And then when that thing show up is when I would probably loose it too O.O

Well that beats any thing I've ever gone through o.o
I'm the kinda guy that would take not being able to move as an opportunity to FINALLY astral project XP (I came soooooo close! But that stupid wheel effect I just don't know how to get past DX) And then when that thing show up is when I would probably loose it too O.O
Oh astral projection......done that and I can control my dreams if I realize I am dreaming fast enough

Meditation is the key, and being able to just let go

Meditation is the key, and being able to just let go
I skipped the meditation part XP I got quite good at partly astral projecting that I was able to do it while awake and walking... But I think I screwed up my body/energy balance with that because now I can barely get to the ringing step DX (And my mind is far too active) Meanwhile my friend is making steady progression.

I never really cared for lucid dreaming though, mainly because I can't tell when my dream is a dream. You know the step where you look at the clock, look away, look back and its completely different? Well not for me, my dreams keep track of time, and is super consistent with its own rules DX For example, there was this one dream where I was solving math problems, and the timer on the bottom right was in the miliseconds, I solved a math problem in exactly 8 seconds, 55 milliseconds (If I remember correctly, point is it was exact) And most my dreams are pretty badass anyway :D

But being able to just let go... Easier said then done DX Getting stuck at the pinwheel really got to me for some reason. I'm trying to think of a way but I just can't DX I've tried everything I can think of. Maybe the problem My problem is probably me trying to force it too much XP

Status
Not open for further replies.