Straight Outta Compton

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SacredWarrior

Original poster
I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of this movie in some form or another right? What are your overall thoughts on it and do you think the movie did N.W.A. justice?

I adore it and I think it was handled perfectly. Don't even get me started on the amazing music. Much better than today's shitty hip-hop if you can even call it that.

This is probably my favorite scene in the movie. Even though I don't really agree with the message of the song, it's just catchy as hell XD

I really liked the movie. Didn't know much about N.W.A. before that; so can't really comment on much other than I liked it.

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of this movie in some form or another right? What are your overall thoughts on it and do you think the movie did N.W.A. justice?

I adore it and I think it was handled perfectly. Don't even get me started on the amazing music. Much better than today's shitty hip-hop if you can even call it that.

This is probably my favorite scene in the movie. Even though I don't really agree with the message of the song, it's just catchy as hell XD
Someone that grew up with N.W.A, I thought the movie was spot on. I actually enjoyed watching it. And I'll agree, it was great to hear some old school Hip-hop. In this day and age, stations are scared to death even play their music. While I don't always agree with the message, I do agree that they were true to the craft and really wrote music that came from experience and not just because it was 'cool' to be 'gangster'.

This is something that if you've seen the movie, might be an interesting watch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.