Stone Eagle Rebellion

The elf only spared a glance for the childish cat breed. She wasn't worth any real attention. The cat was a follower, not a leader. Only Nyx, who had an actual plan and Flint were leadership material. That wasn't to say that the others weren't a threat; Only that they likely wouldn't do something stupid without the direction of one of those two.

She despised the breed-kin, the results of magician's experiments long ago in various wars to create better warriors in their armies. For the most part they had succeeded. The Canis-kin were trackers of uncanny ability while the Felis-kin were incredibly agile and stealthy, making them exemplary assassins. What the magicians of that era didn't realize was that several of the lines they created would breed true.

"I am a sorceress of some ability," she added, ignoring the cat breed's threat, "It costs you nothing for my aid. All I ask is to follow you out upon the hem of your cloaks. I would be- most grateful."

The last she said, pausing to draw in a deep breath. The air here was wretched with the scent of unwashed bodies and an open latrine but it greatly enhanced the profile of her already impressive bosom.

Her tail flicked, ever so slightly faster. "And after you said you would call the guards? I don't think he would accept." She scoffed.

Nyx looks at the elf with some surprise. She had broken his train of thought. "I apologize. I didnt notice you. We need as much strength as we can muster." As a small group of guards approach the cell, all of the large men he gathered together start to scatter. The guards point their blades at the rebels as they grab one of the younger rebels. "We will rise!" Shouts someone in the crowd. Upon hearing this, the rebels force themselves forward to knock over the guards and flee the prison cell to locate an exit. "That was easier than expected" said nyx, picking up one of the fallen guard's swords. "Shall we?" He says the remaining souls in the room.

"Haha! Now you're speaking my language!" Ash said as she rush over to one of the guards, ignoring the swords and picks up a bow and arrows. "It's time for the rebels' revenge!" She said as she tucked her tail under her shirt and silently ran off.

That was it? Assallya was more than a little worried that the entire plan seemed to involve nothing more than running and slashing. She had suspected more. Perhaps something involving illusions, or some invisible allies sneaking in and taking a noble hostage. Hell, even a group of dwarves tunneling into the dungeons would have been welcome. Instead this was nothing more than a desperate gamble. It would also be an exercise in futility. Escaping the dungeon would be difficult as it was but once they reached the courtyard they would be surrounded on all sides by walls and upon those walls soldiers with crossbows and likely a court magician that would lob great balls of fire into their midst.

Regardless, ignoring her own misgivings, Assallya followed. Dying in a futile escape attempt was better than dancing at the behest of the gibbet. She didn't bother collecting a weapon. Let those with stronger arms and skill at wielding them collect what few weapons lay at their feet. Silently she wished for a crossbow but there was absolutely no reason for bow weapons in a prison. Instead she pointed out the torturer's implements to a few other escapees. They were crude things like brands but would service as cudgels easily enough and the more warriors there were between herself and harm the better.

"You would do best to save a guard before they're all killed," the blonde courtesan suggested to Nyx, "One might be willing to trade his life in exchange for a means of escape that doesn't involve rushing the main gate."

With a wave of her small hand and a twisting of ebony manicured fingers she cast a spell, dazing one of the guards momentarily. She wasn't a combative sorceress. She didn't hurl balls of fire or bolts of lightning. It was a simple spell, one a person could shake off with little effort but it wasn't meant to maim or kill. It was meant to give the nearby rebels an advantage.

Ash stopped at a corner and shot a few guards in the head. "Heh... Bullseye..." she whispered. She had been caught doing an assassination while the rebels were fighting, and while she was quiet, she was very cocky. Ash's tail popped out as she climbed up to the support beams to snipe more guards, watching her back for any assassins they might have themselves.

"It was indeed." Flint replied and hopped off the bench. He took nothing but some fresh bandages from the guards and tut tutted as he did so. "Now was that so hard?" He asked the unconscious man. It took him a solid ten more minuets but he actually managed to notice the elf for a few seconds. "Oh, hi. I believe that a passage below us will lead to the sewers Nyx, I believe that's our best bet."

Last edited by a moderator:
Vela stepped away from the two women, their quarrel having gone over her head. She retreated to the stone wall to regroup her thoughts. Perhaps, she had chosen the wrong time to try and make friends. They all seemed to be taking the rebel business quite seriously. It all seemed great nonsense to her that they thought they could get free from this place. Five years. She'd known all the ins and outs of this place.

But suddenly, there was a great shout and a frenzy broke out among the inmates. The gates were then forced open and the people poured out frantically into the corridor, trampling guards and prisoners alike. This was her chance. She hurried along in the midst of the crazed rush of bodies seeking out a familiar face to follow. She saw the Shecat and although she couldn't understand why, decided to follow her. She saw her climb a support beam. She waited patiently below her. But suddenly she was grasped from behind by a giant guard, a knife to her throat. She froze...

Her ears moved to the sound of a blade and she turned around and faced down to the guard. She pointed the arrow to his head and whistled. "Hey! Better let her go if ya don't want an extra hole in y'er face." She said intimmidatingly. "Make any movements other than dropping your weapon and you'll be another corpse."

Just as her mind was spinning with fear, the man heard the threat of the Shecat and backed off slowly. Vela took advantage of the moment and swiftly chopped the blade from his hand and touched his neck. He fell limply to the ground.
"He is not dead," she said matter-of-factly, "simply asleep."
She looked up to the Shecat. "Thank you for your assisstance."

From the room above a metallic clunking noise came, growing louder and closer with each sound.

"Shit. We must flee now." Said Flint, his tone was suddenly deadly serious.

She smiled. "No prob. We gotta stick together." She held out a hand to help her up there with her. "It's safer up here." Ash said, so sure of herself.

"I am coming. I do not wish to stay here." Vela began moving away from the general direction of the strange, fearful sound. The vibrations she picked up were shrouded in darkness and danger. She knew she did not want to find it.

Ash's ears moved to the vibrations and she began moving foward, closer to it. She was silent and agile, holding her weapon close. Her eyes began to shine a little in the dark hallways.

"Ash, we must leave. The one called Flint says we must flee, I think we must go the other way...." Vela urged, concern on her brown face.

"I entend on keeping everyone else safe. You go on ahead and I'll keep them busy." She whispered back, her tail still finally.

Vela was torn between staying to help Ash, or following the one called Flint. She felt obligated to stay with her because she'd saved her life in a manner of speaking. She put away her fear of the loud, evil sounding vibrations and stood behind the Shecat.
"I will aid you. It is the right thing to do... however, foolish..." she added simply.

But it was too late. A towering behemoth of metal stomped forth from the shadows, carrying a massive longsword in one hand.image.jpg It's head was only inches away from the rafters but its focus was on Vela. A voice sounded, it's owner sill in the shadows. "Well, well, well. What to we have here? Willing test subjects for the new age in war weaponry?"

"Crap." Flint squeaked out.

She glared at it, jumping down infront of it and scoffing. "Vela, go. Run. I'll hold him off." She said, taking her arrow back out and readying the fire. "So we got a tough guy, huh?"

Marcos had, once again, been daydreaming, but suddenly, the door was open. Marcos began leaving the exit, and, upon noticing everybody else was picking up weapons, he picked up a sword, with an engraved celtic pattern on its handle, before following the group of people, "This is what I signed up for."

By turning around, he did a very different thing. Very slowly, he began to grow...width and length. He was betraying his identity, all the things he was taught, and looked down at the small people below him.