2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
NOTE: This thread is not meant to be religiously offensive in any way; as stated in the title, this is strictly being done for fun.

Stichomancy, for those who don't know, is basically flipping a book to a random page and picking a random sentence (preferably before you look at the page). The idea is that the sentence you've picked can potentially shed light on your current situation in life. Whether or not it's accurate or realistic, it can be fun to attempt to figure out how certain sentences would work in your life.

Please include the title and author of the book in your post, along with other details about it if you wish. There are no other real rules, other than any of the Iwaku rules that can be applied here. And yes, it doesn't necessarily have to be a book. A magazine or even a desk calendar (anything with pages you can flip through) will do, though it might be harder to find the author through those methods.

Here's what I found. As for the rest of you, I hope you enjoy your readings!

[dash=brown]"It helped me to trust in people," the Englishman answered. –The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

It sounds both nice and surprisingly relevant. I haven't been the most trusting person for a while, especially of other people, and it will be helpful for me to regain some of that trust.[/dash]

+post-MI: ACEI, bB +/- aldosterone antagonist (see "ACS")

+HF: ACEI/ARB, bB, diuretics, aldosterone antagonist (see "Heart Failure")

+Secondary stroke prevention: ACEI (Lancet 2001;358:1033); ? ARB (NEJM 2008;359:1225)

from Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine, Fifth Edition by Marc S. Sabatine

It is definitely relevant to me. Because I work at a hospital and all.

If you were expecting something deep, fuck off. I only work in the shallow world.

"All I am trying to say is that we need not be adversaries. My spell stirred up your murdered spirits, set you on this quest, and so I feel some responsibility."

Diablo, Legacy of Blood

Written by Richard A. Knaak.

Based off the best selling PC game Diablo.

"Who are you, anyway?" said Jack. "Where did you come from?"

Blizzard of the Blue Moon
Magic Tree House #36 (A Merlin Mission)

By Mary Pope Osborne

I actually just moved, so I feel like this quote could be very relevant in my life just by that aspect. However, it's also pretty interesting that I was just recently was considering all my current friendships and such, wondering about the love of my life. If they would be someone I knew or not, and if so how. It could be relevant and that aspect as well. Whatever the case, this was really fun (especially since I got to pull out an old book from a series I used to love). ^^

Thor I'm so sorry for doubting you bro..." -The Ultimates 2

'Let's go and sit through,' said Miles, conscious that the atmosphere was somewhat charged, but confident that he could, with a few jokes and his habitual bonhomie, steer everyone back into charity with each other.

The Casual Vacancy, by J.K Rowling.

I have actually had to act as mediator for drama recently, so that was at least somewhat accurate.