Stepsiblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm sorry I called you stupid," she mumbled. She looked around the room, wondering what it meant. She thought it was Krystal lashing out her frustration. Her frustration Charlotte had brought in the package of a new life. "I like your room though. You aren't stupid. You're really smart, because you thought of this."

"My art teacher says being creative is more important than knowledge... he says smarter things than what my therapist says.." Krystal said the last part quieter.
She looked towards her cans of spray paint and back at the walls. "It doesn't look good enough.." she mumbled before painting more.

"Who said? Art is one of the best things ever. There's no boundaries. There's no good or bad. But can I have the gold? I want to be an artist, not a photocopier."

Krystal picked up the gold can off the floor. She shook it to make sure it wasn't empty before handing it to Charlotte.

"Thanks," and with that, Charlotte left.

She spray painted clouds at the bottom of her room, faint outlines of the skyline. On one wall, she painted a sunrise, and angels with wings, halos, and a large print of one word: Dad.

On the next wall she painted two girls, holding hands. The taller one with crossed eyes angrily, and wrote: Krystal.

The third wall had a picture of a house with a woman sat cross-legged in the garden, and wrote: Mum.

The last wall she left alone.

Krstal finished her walls and went downstairs to see what the adults were doing.
"Dad, I want a monster..." she stated.
"We don't have any and the store is a bit far. I don't want you going on your own."

"Charlotte could go. They could get to know some neighbourhood kids," her mum suggested.

Charlotte admired her work.

"I think I'll be fine going on my own... don't need new friends either." Krystal said before heading out.
"Krystal get back here! Charlotte is coming with you!"

"Charlie!"
"Coming!"
"Just, go with Krystal. Go do sister bonding or something."

"KRYSTAL!" Charlotte ran after her, panting. Her small figure did not help her athletics. She panted for breath when she caught up. "Where are you going?"

"I need to buy a monster..." Krystal said without looking back. Once the little corner store was in view Krystal went in went straight to the drinks.
She pulled out a can of monster and went to pay.
She wasn't paying attention if Charlotte was following or not. She left the store and once she did she heard a voice.
"Hey you... You want to buy some..?" the dark figure asked as he held up a small baggie of what looked like pills.
"Depends... how much you selling them for?" Krystal asked.

Charlotte watched, "What is it?" she asked innocently. She knew "stranger danger" but Krystal's dad was once a stranger and now they were living together. "They look like medicine. You should give them back to the hospital."

"Shut up you dunce!" Krystal said harshly. She snatched the pills and payed the man.
"Don't tell you mom or my dad what happened here, do you understand?" Krystal asked a bit angrily. If her dad found out about this stuff he would make her go to therapy more frequently.

"Tell me what it is, or I'll tell them the second we get back," even though even if Krystal did tell, Charlotte would blab anyway. She knew it would get her step-sister-to-be in trouble, so she loved to know what it was. A secret part of her longed to try it too.

"It's none of your business!" Krystal said angrily. "My dad and your mom don't need to know!"

"I'm telling..." Charlotte said in a teasing tone, "You're so predictable, Krystal," and she ran down the road as fast as she could...although it wasn't that fast.

Krystal angrily ran after Charlotte. "This isn't funny you idiot!" She called after her. "I mean it! Don't tell my dad!"

"Tell me what it is and I won't! I promise I won't tell your dad," Charlotte held up her hands in a way that said, 'No fingers crossed, it's genuine'. "Please..."

"That means it's really bad..." Charlotte shook her head and tutted. "Krystal, Krystal, Krystal. No wonder your mum left you. You do very naughty things." She looked at the drugs, and took a photograph on her phone. "Photographic evidence. The police will need it."

The moment Charlotte said something about her previous mom Krystal became furious. She shoved Charlotte on the ground hard before running off in the other direction. She didn't plan on going back to the house, at least not for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.