Stepsiblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte got the smallest of the four rooms, that was still big enough to fit her things.

"She's not normally like that. I guess she's worried I won't want her around when Krystal is here."

"It's alright, I understand. We can work through this," Krystal's father said as he looked towards the stairs where the two girls went.

"Maybe moving in would be better. She was so excited to meet Krystal. I guess she believed that Krystal would be like her...they are so different. What if we are making a mistake?"

"You are. She's horrible to me. She doesn't want us around. I tried to be nice and she hated my bedroom!" Charlotte came down the stairs after eavesdropping.

Krystal stayed at the top of the stair, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed.
"This isn't a mistake. There will be things difficult to overcome, but I'm sure you two will learn to love each other."

"Love is a strong word..." Krystal spoke up.

"So is hate," Charlotte's mum noted. "But it's not fair. I've tried but it didn't work."
"Then try harder, Charlotte! I am getting married and you guys will learn to get along!"

"No worries... I'll just spend most of my time in my room anyways..." Krystal said as she went down stairs, towards the front door.

"Krystal, don't be like that.." her dad looked towards her, wondering if he should go after her.

"Same, can we go home now?"
Charlotte's mum sighed, "Fine. Is that okay with you?" she turned to her partner.

"Yeah, I'm fine with that." Krystal's dad ran a hand through his hair.
Krystal sat in the car and crossed her arms.

Charlotte got in the car.

After a long silent car drive, they arrived home, "I'll see you tomorrow, to decorate," her mum announced, smiling at the two.

Krystal didn't even look at the two.
"I'll see you tomorrow," her father said with a smile.

Once the two arrived home, her dad slammed the door, preparing Krystal to what was to come. "I told you to behave! That was not behaving yourself!"

"She called me stupid!" Krystal yelled back. "You only seem to care about yourself! Think about how this is affecting me!"
"I did think about it! It's something that you need to get your life back on track!"
Krystal shook her head and ran to her room. She didn't want to cry in front of anybody.

"That was very unkind of you, Charlotte. You don't call her stupid. Ever."
"But--"
"No buts."
"She said I was a goody-goody."
"That's a complement."
"She called me annoying."
"So you called her STUPID?!"
"Yes!"

Krystal didn't get any sleep that night. Instead she stayed up looking at her walls... the walls she would have to leave tomorrow.
She looked at each individual image that has been painted on the walls with spray paint.
Maybe she could get her friends to come back and spray paint her news walls.

It was the next morning and Krystal was forced to get up and go back to see her new 'family'.

Charlotte wished she didn't have to get up. But she did. She wished Krystal wasn't so...much like Krystal. "That's illogical, Charlotte."

They walked to the new house. Her mum had bought some white paint, but the others had been given to Krystal's dad last night.

Krystal's dad said her friends couldn't come over, but that didn't stop her from bringing spray paint.
"I told you not to bring those..."
Krystal obviously didn't listen.

"As long as they stay in her room, there's no problem," strugged Charlotte's mum. She was quite laid-back. "Can we have a white kitchen? We have loads of white paint."
"I was thinking about a colourful kitchen. It's the heart of the house, but it's up to you lot." Charlotte rolled her eyes, that meant no, so she went upstairs in white overalls.

Krystal went upstairs without saying anything.
She took out her bag of spray paint and began putting symbols, letters and words, and other pictures.
"Creativity is the key to a happy living..." she said quietly to herself. It was something her art teacher once told her. He always did better than her therapist.

Charlotte painted the walls white, but Krystal's words rang in her ears: whites so boring, whites so boring. She looked around. She thought about it. "MUM!"
"Yes Charlie? What's wrong?"
"Have we got any gold?"
"No, I think Krystal has some."

Knock, knock, knock. Charlotte waited outside Krystal's door patiently.

Krystal opened the door. She already got some spray paint on her clothes but she didn't care.
"Do you want something?" She asked a bit annoyed.

"Have you got any gold paint?" Charlotte whispered, worried that she'd get into another argument and upset her mum. "And a minute?"

Status
Not open for further replies.