Stepping Into Royalty [Zaira]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah, but I don't see the reason for the stupid dress. My father gets to wear okay clothes." She complained. She kept dodging, until he grabbed her. "Okay, she said. She crossed her arms, then dropped down to try and get away. She figured he'd let her go, but she wasn't sure she was strong enough to get away from someone else like this. Liza thought about what anyone else would think seeing this and found it funny as well, although when she thought about it more, she probably would have actually preferred him to whoever her parents would eventually choose for her.

Even if he wasn't grabbing her strongly, she could free herself from it. It seemed she really was someone who could easily learn. "A few more classes, and you wouldn't need me at all." told her with an amused smile. "Do you want to continue, or you'd rather go back? I don't think it would be a good idea disappearing for much longer. We certainly don't want someone looking for us in here." told her, thinking about it. "We can do this again tomorrow, though."

She smiled, "I think I'll keep you around, anyway. You're good company, and anyway I could easily be outnumbered on my own." She said. She looked around again, happy to see that there was still no one around, as most of them would make assumptions about what they were doing out here, which would only cause more problems. "I'd like to continue, but we should probably stop for today before someone sees us. I'd really like to do this again tomorrow, though."

"I'm glad to hear I won't be dismissed, then. Well, I probably will when someone finds out, but not by you." answered with a smile. He nodded hearing her. It would be smart to keep the lessons as short as possible. "Tomorrow we'll continue, then. Shall we go back?" asked, right before starting their path back to the main part of the royal gardens. Until they reached there, he was constantly looking around, ready to hide if someone appeared.

"I guess we'll just have to keep them from finding out, then" She said, walking with him. "Yes." She agreed. She also kept looking around, ready to hide if they saw anyone as well. While she was nervous about being seen, she also found this fun and sort of exciting. She didn't often feel that way about breaking rules, in fact she usually didn't care, but for some reason she did this time.

They arrived to the part of the gardens where they had departed from. He relaxed, knowing that it would be perfectly normal to be taking a walk there. It was already getting late, it seemed they spent more time than what he thought. He just hoped nobody would notice anything; not only because they would be in trouble, but he really enjoyed the day they spent alone, and he didn't want to miss that. "So, what's next on a princess' life? Dinner, perhaps?" asked and then frowned. "Am I suppose to eat with you?" added with curiosity. He had never been a personal guard of someone before, so he had no idea how it really worked.

Liza walked more calmly with him once they got back to the main part of the garden, figuring no one would find it unusual that they were there. She smiled, having enjoyed their time together as well. "Yes, it;s dinner time, and you will be eating with me." She answered. She honestly wasn't sure if that was part of his job, but he was good company and she enjoyed having him around, so she had decided that he would stay with her for dinner too.

"Sounds great. My fellows are great people, but it isn't exactly pleasant to eat with them." said with a slight smile, remembering how it was to be with them in a table. Flying food and q few fights never missed. Well, it was kind of funny actually. He started walking at her side back into the castle, wondering if the King and queen would agree with Liza.

"Why's that?" She asked, curious, as they walked back into the building. She had no idea how the guards behaved at meal times, having only ever seen them while working. Her opinion of them, from what she'd seen, was that they were too quiet and serious, but she assumed they were different in their free time. Liza hoped she wouldn't have to eat with her parents tonight, as they tended to annoy her.

He smiled amused hearing her question. They all probably seemed really serious people while working, but they certainly weren't. "They just forget that a thing called manners exist as soon as they are alone." simply explained. They arrived to the castle and he waited for her to lead into the dining hall.

"I see.. It's sort of a relief, they seem so dull when they're at work." She commented. Liza walked with him to the dining hall, and was glad to be informed by a servant that her parents would not be eating with them today. Apparently, they were at the home of some powerful nearby lord and were having dinner there.

He was amused by her words. Every guard acted extremely polite in front of the royal family, mainly for respect, so it was kind of funny she would think that as a negative side. Rowan was kind of relieved hearing the King and the queen wouldn't join them, because he would probably need to act dull in front of them. When they walked in, he pulled out a chair for her and sat next to it. Even of her parents weren't there, he was still polite and it seemed right. Maybe a little odd too, but he didn't care. The servants started to serve them ane he felt weird for all the attention.

Liza thanked him and sat next to him, watching the servants as they moved around. She glanced at him every once in a while. "Would you have to be so boring if my parents were around?" She asked, curious. He seemed different from the other guards, and she wondered if he'd do the same as they did still. Even so, she was even more glad than usual that her parents were busy and couldn't come have dinner with her.

He chuckled with her question. "I probably would. What you consider boring, most of royal families consider respectful. And, as someone who serves them, we need to adapt our behaviour to their wish. So, sorry to disappoint you, but I would be terribly boring." told her with an amused smile. "Besides, they'd probably dismiss me if I wouldn't and you would be stuck with a full time boring guy. So I better be boring." added changing her smile into a smirk.

"True. Well then I'm glad they aren't here and I hope they're always busy." Liza said. She smiled back at him, actually enjoying being around him. The Servants brought their food, often bowing to her. They brought him food as well but didn't seem to know what to do around him, it was rare for servants or guards to eat with royalty.

He was a little uncomfortable with all those people around him. Even if they didn't pay the same attention that they did to the Princess, they still served him more than necessary. Rowan wanted to pour his own glass of water, but the servants did it first. It was a little annoying. He started eating, keeping his manners, and glanced to Liza from time to time. It seemed that she didn't like her parents at all. "You are certainly not someone who enjoys royalty, fancy dresses or anything that involves being a Princess. So, if you could choose something else, what would you be?" told her, curious, and hoping he wasn't asking something he shouldn't.

Liza ate as well. While she didn't often act much like a princess, she still had very good table manners as one would expect from a princess. When he asked that question, she looked thoughtful. "I'm not really sure.. Could I be someone who just lives in the woods? I mean, even if I wasn't royalty I would still be a woman, so if I stayed with people I would still have to follow many of the rules of how to act and wear a stupid dress.. If I could be a man, then I'd just be a prince. That's what everyone really wanted anyway, and I wouldn't mind being royalty quite so much if it wasn't for the dresses and rules about being ladylike. Maybe then I'd be able to make some actual changes around here, instead of just being expected to be quiet and nice to look at." She told him, "What would you be, if not a guard?"

Rowan heard her paying attention. She was certainly someone different from the rest and had an interesting way of seeing things. He chuckled slightly when she said she would like to live in the woods. "You are right. But, I heard stories about pretty amazing queens, so I bet you'll be able to make a change." told her with a smile. "I like my job. Actually, when I made my vow to protect your family, I was hoping to be more of a Knight of the royal army. I wanted to fight on the field, but I like it in here as well."

She nodded, "That's only if their husband dies without having kids or brothers or anything, though. I'd like to rule without anyone having to die." She said, and smiled a bit at him. "That'd be dangerous, though. I'm glad you ended up here, I like you." She told him. She knew in most cases knights died fairly young, either in battle, from their injuries, or from illness, and few of them really gained as much glory as they thought they would.

"Oh..." He muttered. Rowan didn't know much about who would take the throne, but it was a shame she would probably never rule the kingdom. For some reason, he believed she would be a good queen. Just as her parents were. After it, he smiled. "Thank you, I like you as well. And I know it would be dangerous, but I believe on your parents. Even if they do not let you wear pants or climb trees, they are pretty nice with the rest of the kingdom. They are the kind of rulers worth of taking risks for." told her and glanced back at his meal to continue eating. Until that moment he didn't express his admiration for her parents, maybe because she was only complaining about them, but what he said was completely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.