Stepping Into Royalty [Zaira]

Status
Not open for further replies.
She thanked him as he set her down, moving away slightly as well to avoid any illusion that they might be doing anything in the least bit wrong. Liza returned the nobleman's greeting, watching as he walked away before she smiled at Rowan again. "Yes, I see. I think this is going to end up being quite useful after all." She said to him. She had decided that maybe she had been wrong, and she would actually enjoy having him as a body guard. "Can you teach me how to fight now?"

"Of course." he answered her, with a wink. It was weird how comfortable he was with someone of the royalty, but she definitely made things easy. "But not here, I'll probably get decapitated if they see us." told her, teasing. He would definitely get into trouble, but he doubted her parents could be that severe. "Follow me, my princess." said, before walking away. There weren't many parts of the royal gardens he was allowed to go, but he knew pretty well the ones he was. They were really beautiful and he used to escape from his duties whenever he could to explore them, and he knew the perfect place. Down east, there was a little field hidden by trees, not far from the perimeter, that few knew about. As they arrived, he turned to see her and stepped away, leaving a distance of about two meters between them. "First, I should see what you got. Hit me with your best shot."

She giggled, and nodded. "I'm not sure about decapitating you, but they'd be pretty mad." She agreed, following after him happily and looking around as they went to see where he was taking her. She had spent much of her time growing up exploring the gardens and knew most of them. There were very few places she wasn't allowed to go, and even fewer where she hadn't been. "Alright, but I warn you that I probably hit like, well, a princess, so you'll probably laugh at me." She said once they got there, and tried hitting him as hard as she could. She hit harder than would be expected from a princess, although she was still kind of weak.

He smiled with her warning of hitting like a princess. As she attacked him, he didn't even move, amused of what she would do. She punched him on his left shoulder, and he had to admit that it was a little stronger than what he expected, but still, she would have to work hard to defend herself. "Well, that wasn't bad at all." told her. "I don't think strength is your main problem, but you have no idea how to punch." explained her, making himself the right movement into the air. "See? You should try that. Keep your elbow a little lowered and your fist firm." corrected her. "Oh, and go for the face this time, if I have my guard down, you shouldn't miss that opportunity."

She nodded, wincing a bit. "It kind of hurts my hand. Does that mean I'm doing it wrong?" She commented, although she didn't seem too bothered by it as she took his advice and tried it again. She still didn't hit him in the face, though. "I didn't want to actually hurt you. I'd go for your face if you were a murderer or something, though. Or maybe your throat? I've heard it doesn't take much force to kill someone by hitting their throat. Is that true?" She asked, always curious and figuring he'd be more likely to know than anyone else she knew.

He stopped his punch this time, grabbing her fist with his palm. Releasing it, he moved his thumb a little and slightly changed the angle of her fist. "Look" told her, so that she would observe the right position of her hand. Afterwards, he rubbed the part of his fist just below the knuckles. "Hit with this, not with the knuckles or you'll hurt yourself." explained her. If she did it right, she shouldn't have any more problems with the pain. Well, of course, she would hitting a hard surface. "What if, in that situation, you fail punching his face and he kills you? You need to practice it, dear, it won't just come up together with adrenaline. And yes, it's not that easily to kill someone going after his throat, but it would leave your opponent breathless, which may give you enough time to escape. Anyway, you should be a lot faster for it." told her and changed his position, as if he was about to punch. "For now, let's learn to punch. Copy my position, if you only use the strength of your arm, it won't be strong enough. You should use your whole body; your legs and your waist mainly." said, as he slowly threw a punch in the air, showing her.

She nodded, copying what he did with his hand to punch without hurting herself+. "So you want me to punch you in the face?" She asked, giving him a rather odd look. She understood the need for practice, but not why she needed to punch him specifically in the face. How was that different from punching anywhere else? That, and she reasoned that she would be more likely to hurt herself on his face, because his bones were closer to the surface there. She copied his stance and motions, doing fairly well as she learned pretty quickly. "Is this good?" She asked, imitating him again.

"I want you to see me as your opponent, so do anything you would to take me down. You won't hurt me, not because I'm invincible - though I actually am - but because I'll stop you before you can do it. If you want to defend yourself from someone, wouldn't you go for the face? If you would just punch them on their shoulders, we need to have a little class about theory first." told her, with a teasing tone from time to time. He watched he movement, which was really good. "That's a lot better. Try it on your opponent now."

"Are you really? That must be why my parents picked you. I was beginning to wonder, you know, you don't really seem like the type they'd like." She said when he said he was invincible, mostly joking as well, and she made a face at him. "If I was really trying to take you down, I still wouldn't go for your face. You're a man, so it'd be easier just to hit you between your legs, wouldn't it? I won't do that to you, because it'd be really mean, but most of the people who want me dead are men as well, so they share that particular weakness, and if I'm going to be close enough to punch them then I could do that just as well." She said, as she did as instructed and tried to hit him in the way he'd taught her.

She chuckled with her responses. "Just forget what I said, don't treat me like your opponent, please. That might just be my only weakness." teased her, talking about she hitting him between his legs. She really made a point with that thing. And he was having pretty much fun with her. "Well, you definitely don't need theory. Let's trust you know how to hit a man on his parts and let's keep practicing your punch." said, and received another hit. It hurt him that time; she was quickly getting better. "That was great. You know how it's done, now you need to keep practicing until you find your perfect weigh balance." Still, as she was wearing a dress, they wouldn't be able to practice much more than steady punching. "Would you be able to sneak with more comfortable clothes next time?" told her, raising an eyebrow. He was thinking he could really teach him to defend herself pretty well in a few months.

She smiled, "And that's why that's the first thing I would do if I met a murderer. It works, and even you're scared by it." She said. Liza nodded and continued practicing, trying to figure out that weight thing he was talking about. "I'll try, but dresses are pretty much all I'm allowed to have." She said. Her parents had decided years ago that she wasn't allowed other clothes, because then she would always wear something else instead of dressing "properly." The rule was fairly well enforced by the servants who dealt with her clothes, but she guessed she could probably barrow some better clothes from one of the many servants without them knowing. "What do you suggest wearing for this?"

He grinned with her answer. She was definitely someone you could easily start to like, it was a shame her parents didn't allow her to do pretty much nothing. "Some kind of pants, perhaps? Anyway, I'm teaching you how to defend yourself in the case of an attack, which means it would take you under surprise. Even if you would be more comfortable with other clothes, you should practice using the ones you'd be wearing during this hypothetical attack. Then, you can just keep with dresses, or choose something more comfortable, it's your choice."

"I'll do my best to get some pants. I'd like to at least learn how to do things correctly first, and then how to modify them for when I'm wearing a dress." She said. She planned on just taking some pants from the possessions of one of the male servant, which she had done before. She knew she could easily get in trouble for doing that, but didn't really care. "What are you going to teach me next?"

He nodded hearing her statement. "Well, you need to keep practicing your punch, but you can even do it on your own now. The next thing, and probably the most important one, is to get free of someone. If a professional is after you, you shouldn't try to punch him or even hit him in between his legs, but to break free and run." told her and thought for a second about how to show her that. "There are a few things I can show you that you don't need to be stronger than your opponent to escape from him. Um, may I show you?" added, and didn't approach to her yet. The only way he could think about was grabbing her himself and teach her how to break free, but he wouldn't do that to a princess without her permission at least. He wouldn't do that to any woman actually.

"Okay." She said, and nodded to him. She decided to practice punching a lot on her own, so that she would be good at it. She nodded again when he asked if her could show her, wanting to learn and trusting him not to actually hurt her. He seemed really nice to her, and like a pretty good teacher. She waited for him to do whatever he was going to do.

He made an impish smile at her, deciding to tease her before getting serious and keep training her. Anyway, somehow he knew she wouldn't take it wrong, and it might even be useful as some training. He approached to her and suddenly lifted her, in a way that her abdomen was against his shoulder. She grabbed her by the lower part of her legs, just enough to prevent her from falling. "So, if I'm a kidnapper and I'm taking you to your dying place. How do you escape?" asked her, kind of amused.

She made a small sound of surprise as he lifted her, then squirmed trying to get free. "I could kick you in the head?" She suggested, though the dress she wore made that difficult. "What should I do?" She asked, still struggling a bit, even though she knew he wouldn't hurt her. Her dress annoyed her by making it even harder for her to get free.

He waited to see if she found a way out, but gently put her down as she couldn't. "I have no idea, I was hoping you would figure something out." told her, shrugging. "I mean, why would anyone grab me like that? And it seems you won't be able to free yourself from that. So, I guess you should focus on not being grabbed in the first place." told her and took a moment to think how to teach her that. It wasn't easy to transmit those things he did out of instinct to someone else. "Take a deep breath and focus on my movements. I want you to dodge me. You are smaller and probably more agile, so, you should be perfectly able to do so. My feet and my arms are the main things, unless I have a weapon, obviously." told her and waited for moment, to let her concentrate. After a few minutes, he repeated his previous movement, a little slower this time.

"I would be able to free myself, if I didn't have to wear this stupid dress. I'm pretty sure if I do get murdered, it'll be partly my parents' fault because I couldn't defend myself in this." She said, pouting a bit. She nodded to what he said and did her best to dodge whatever he'd try to do to her. She was pretty quick, despite her lack of experience, and she was actually pretty good at this when she knew what to expect and what he meant for her to do.

He chuckled at her complaint. "The thing is, defending you is my job, Liza. You are suppose to rule the kingdom someday wearing those fancy dresses. But I noticed you are not fond with that idea, so we'll try that again when you get some pants." told her and smiled when she dodged his first movement. "That was pretty impressive. Just one more thing..." added, and approached to her once again to grab her. This time, he didn't lift her, he just wrapped his arms around her from her back, grabbing her wrists without much pressure. He did make sure, though, to keep his body away from hers. "Stay alert." whispered her and couldn't avoid being amused at the thought of what would happen if someone see them like that. "This is an easy one. Cross your arms, turn your palms until they face the floor and go down, pushing your waist behind."

Status
Not open for further replies.