Stephen King fans, which one are you excited for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
So, I was reading this through Stephen King's Facebook fan page: http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/step...stephen-king-movie-and-tv-show-in-development

I cannot even begin to say how excited I am about nearly all of the movies on the list, and I am torn between A Good Marriage and Cell as the top slot on my list. Anyone else have a favorite that they want to see made into a movie? (And don't say Dark Tower! I will become severely depressed since the movie has been dropped by two companies already that I can remember off the top of my head.)

I'm very excited for Cell because it's the most recent one I've read, but IT scared the hell out of me as a kid, and I'm hoping a remake will do the same so that's the one I'm really looking forward too.

I hope they keep cgi away from Pennywise though. And that they choose a great actor with a voice to match Tim Curry.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
IT, I want to see it as a movie now. Especially with all the technology that has advanced since the television show. .-.

Orrr

I guess I could be satisfied with Cell :/

The most current King books I have read is Cujo and Carrie.

The only thing about Cell that I'm iffy about is Samuel L. Jackson as Tom. Tom was so sweet in the book. I can't picture him pulling that off. I can definitely see John Cusack as Clay though. It I'm a bit torn about simply because I loved the book way more than I ever did the movie.

I also forgot Lisey's Story! I reread that at least once a year, and listen to the audiobook a few times when I can't sleep. It's not really that scary, but it's a really good story. I can't wait to see the movie.

Well...Samuel L. Jackson has the...ummm looking for the word....well known? For not really being a...sweet character. As long as he can yell some curse words he should pull it off great. I think Jackson is a great actor, just maybe not for sweet roles.

I'd like to see his work with Peter Straub made into something. The Talisman and The Black House, are the two books they did together. Or those twin books the Regulators and Desperation. I'd get a kick too if they gave credit to his pseudonym Richard Bachman.

I hate to be that guy, but "The Dark Tower", being one of the few series of books I've actually read. Otherwise, I've only read maybe six or seven other books from Stephen King. As for the graphic novels released for the Dark Tower, they're all amazing with not only excellent artwork but an amazing depiction of the world Roland the Gunslinger is from; in all honesty, from both books and movies, Roland has got to be my absolute favorite anti-hero I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

As for books, I've seen the movie version of all the books I have read from him, such as: The Shining, Carrie, Rose Red, (Intensity.... I think), IT, and The Green Mile.
I have to say, I was impressed with both versions of The Shining; as Jack Nicholson's performance captured the psychotic nature within the cinema version, the made for television version which aired on Sci-Fi (now known as Scy-Fy) a couple years after I'd seen Rose Red.

...but it draws me back, the desire to see Roland and the many odd characters he meets through his journey in the flesh up on that silver screen. I guess I can't hold my breath for too long.

The Talisman and the Black House are actually partially set in the Gunslinger reality. There's some fairly obvious hints that it is so. You might try those out.

Status
Not open for further replies.