1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Prestige
  6. Douche
  7. Adaptable
Genres
Modern, Military, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Magical, Romance, Furry, Anime, Alternate Dimension Modern, Horror, Supernatural
So, gonna be fairly straightforward here, would anyone be interested in a Stellaris-based Interactive RP?

For those that don't know, this would basically be me playing through Stellaris and you (the RPers) would be able to claim prominent characters in the empire that we're doing. So you'd be able to claim Scientists, Generals, Governors, the current Leader of the empire (depending on what type of empire it is), you could even claim nondescript Soldiers, Scientists, Politicians, or even just random Civilians, Criminals, etc. Then, I would post updates as to what happens in the game while also trying my best to do and impliment what you, the RPers, RP as to what you would like to happen involving your character and in game.

We'd most likely be a Diplomacy or Oligarchy, and i'd make up a system of votes and the like if we are a diplomacy or oligarchy or some other government we choose. There'd be a few rules in place to make it so that you can't indirectly control another persons character, but people playing positions of power would have a bit of sway. So for example if someone claimed the current Leader of the empire, they'd be able to say "Hey, Scientist in Science ship #1, go to this system and see whats in it" and while it was ordered by your leader you wouldn't necessarily have follow that order, you could do your own thing if you wanted.

Of course I'd come up with a system to make it fair for all to vote on what to do and RP with each-other. Maybe a Diplomatic Parties kind of system with a Scientific Council that decides on research and exploration and the like. Of course there'd be a large variety of events that would happen on our planet/'s that I would make up or that you all could DM me about that you'd like to see/have your claimed character cause.

This has been done in a variety of different forums and ways, and i'd love to do one here for you all. I think it could be loads of fun.

I love the game and this is an interesting idea. I'm just not sure how well it'd be implemented here. It would be pretty confusing to those who have never played or heard of the game.

Also, Wouldn't we have to be a machine empire or just keep making characters since the game itself lasts quite some time? Or are you going to pretend that none of us are going to die or age?

Also a Stellaris fan, so I want to at least see how this goes.

It is an interesting RP. I might be interested, as I loved Stellaris, till the most recent update. Haven't touched the game since, and probably won't. Can't stand the districts and what not.

It might be nice to go through and be able to do something for nostalgia sake. :)

I love the game and this is an interesting idea. I'm just not sure how well it'd be implemented here. It would be pretty confusing to those who have never played or heard of the game.

Also, Wouldn't we have to be a machine empire or just keep making characters since the game itself lasts quite some time? Or are you going to pretend that none of us are going to die or age?

Well, how it would work is that I would list in the OP open character spots, like Scientist #1 doing Sociology Research, Constructor #1, Governor, etc. People would claim that and then fill out a thing that would look like this

Name

Appearance

Connections: (Family, other in game characters, etc)

Political Standing: (If I do do the whole "There's a senate/council that you guys vote to decide on things")

Personality:

History:

And yes, while the game does go very fast in years, the natural lifespan without any modifiers is about 80-120 years, meaning your characters can live on for quite a long while, considering even just 20-30 years in game can take anywhere from 2-3 hours. I'd be using quite a few mods too, so fortunately that also means I can extend it with the traits/civics that give more lifespan (there's one that gives +80 years, though it's a 4 cost pick). All of this not counting the tech in the game also giving more lifespan years once we reach that point.

So you can get in a healthy and lengthy amount of RP in before a character dies of something or other.

In relation to the people who've never played, well they can still join in if they just like the setting of RP/what's happening in the game, and I would happily guide and explain to them how it works and what happens, etc.

Last edited:
That's true. Still an interesting idea. I have my plate full of roles so write me off as a big maybe. The interest is there, the time is a little more iffy~

Reactions: Multi
Alright, i'll start working on the thread and let ya'll know when it's up.

OK. Nation-based rp is my original stuff. And that sort of stuff is never on iwaku. Let me know how it goes or if you have a signup. But given that most iwaku people havent ever did a nation-based Rp it might be a bit hard.

OK. Nation-based rp is my original stuff. And that sort of stuff is never on iwaku. Let me know how it goes or if you have a signup. But given that most iwaku people havent ever did a nation-based Rp it might be a bit hard.

Yea I love Nation-based RP, there's always so much you can do and so much Roleplayablity in it, it's great. I'll be sure to let ya know when the Sign-up is up.

Yea I love Nation-based RP, there's always so much you can do and so much Roleplayablity in it, it's great. I'll be sure to let ya know when the Sign-up is up.
That was how I started anyway. Way back on nationstates, still play their too

Okay, i'm gonna test some things to make sure everything runs correctly then i'll make the Sign Up.

For those that know of Stellaris and it's modding capability, here's the modlist i'll be using.

!!District Diversity
!Gods and Guardians (2.2)
!State of Lies (2.2.4)
!Strike Craft Expanded
!plentiful traditions extra slots
(-NSC2 Season 3 - Episode 2 - Mod Version 3.2.x-)
(Expanded Events)
(Xenology : Traits Expansion Reborn)
Additional Civics
Advanced Ascension
At War: Planetary Cannons
At War: Planetary Defense Force
Bigger Planet View + 36 Building Slots
Cultural Overhaul 2.2 [ Ethics-Civics ]
EG - Larger Galaxy Sizes
Empire University
Expanded Colours [180 Colours]
Expanded Stellaris Ascension Perks
Extended Traits
Extra Ship Components 3.0
Galactic Nations Assembly
Gigastructural Engineering & More (2.2)
Government Variety Pack
Guilli's Planet Modifiers 2.2
Guilli's Ship Components 2.2
Improved Megastructures
Just Star Names
Masters of Nature
More Events Mod
My Precursor: Wormholes to Precursor Systems
No Megastructure Limits
Planet View (36 Buildings + 6 Districts)
Planetary Diversity
Plentiful Traditions 2.2.4
Plentiful Traditions 2.2.4 - Extra Districts
Plentiful Traditions 2.2.4 - Extra Perks
Potent Rebellions 2.2
Primitive Worlds
Propoganda Espionage
Repeatable Ascension Theory Technology
Research Trait 'Fix'
Simple Leader Skill Icons
StarClans Emblems
Superior Species
Svafa's Expanded Species Traits
Technology Ascendant
Trace Empire Customisation
UI Overhaul 1080p & 1440p
UI Overhaul 1080p & 1440p + Planetary Diversity
War Name Variety (2.0 - The Invasion Begins)
~Glavius's Ultimate AI for 2.2.4

It's quite a lot of mods, I did say heavily modded after all :P, there's a few quality of life improvement ones but a large majority of them add new things or fix/change old things, all in an effort to give us as much Roleplayablity as my computer can handle and as a game can give us.

In the OOC/Sign-up i'll be providing the mod list, alongside an explanation as to how different things in the game (Minerals, Energy Credits, Alloys, Unity, Traditions, Ascension Perks, etc) are represented RP wise.

Oh? We will be playing the game?

Oh? We will be playing the game?
Yea I explained how all of this works in the 1st post.
OOOH This is so much cooler then I thought. I saw a youtube series like this and it was with the Romans. Something like this in Forum RP form would be awesome. I am totally in.

Sorry for misreading.

Nah no worries, there's quite a few places that do things similar to this. Like Dwarf fortress with their story fort, or Paradox with it's After Action Reports (though those are ever rarely interactive.)

This is the one I was talking about:
Basicly people in the discord were characters and they determined what happened IG. They had backstory and lore and all of that.

Basicly people in the discord were characters and they determined what happened IG. They had backstory and lore and all of that.
Yea it'd be a bit similar to that kinda thing, but i'd be doing it in a format suitable for a Forum, including a voting system to decide what I focus on and do in game. I'm thinking a parliament and bills system similar to one I saw in another thing similar to this, but simplified.

Yea it'd be a bit similar to that kinda thing, but i'd be doing it in a format suitable for a Forum, including a voting system to decide what I focus on and do in game. I'm thinking a parliament and bills system similar to one I saw in another thing similar to this, but simplified.
I have drafted so many laws and constitutional stuff for mock and RP governments.I am hyped.

Yea it'll be super fun. As a heads up I added 3 more mods I had forgotten about. Universal Resource Patch, Planetary Diversity - Glavius's Ultimate AI Patch and Automatic Pop Migration. The first 2 to fix the AI of other empires so that if we ever go to war/conquer/acquisition their planets, then their planets aren't thrown to all crap that we'd have to fix, making the AI actually competent rulers. And the last allowing automatic migration of populations (which is more realistic).

I'm building the Empire right now, and I have the beginning setting in mind as to our empire and what happened in it's history to reach this point. We're gonna be regular old humans, but once/if we get alien specie into our empire then you can happily claim those people as well should any pop up.

Edit: Also wondering if I should create a simple discord for this, though on the other hand I feel like that might be doing too much.

Alright, here's the empire we'd be playing and roleplaying as.

Empire wise we are:

A Representative Democracy, meaning we vote people into positions of political power, those people then are the ones to vote on bills, veto's and what the empire should move towards overall.

ETHICS
Ethics is basically how our empire and it's people view things. These can change due to population changing their own ethics, embracing a factions ethics, or any other manner of changes. But these are the ones we're starting with.

Fanatic Libertarian (AKA Through Hard Work, you can reach any position of power no matter your origin. Any that denies anyone of this right is committing a heinous crime)

Fanatic Industrialist (AKA We have the unique power to build cities and culture from dust and rock, we must utilize this power through magnificent factories and powerful facilities, any resources not being used in general are being wasted.)

Egalitarian (AKA We value people regardless of their personal achievements, no matter how they achieved said achievements. No-one is considered more honorable just because he is more successful in one way or the other.)

CIVICS
Civics are basically the governmental constitutions put in place for our people and empire in general

Efficient Bureaucracy (AKA Our government system is highly efficient and usable by all people of any education or origin.)

Enlightened Liberalism (AKA Our empire values personal property rights, individual enterprise, advancing knowledge and technical innovation.)

Political Pluralism (AKA In our empire constant public discussion between all social groups is encouraged.)

Race wise we are:

Adaptive (AKA We are highly adaptive creatures, able to settle even on difficult planets, though even then some or even most planets are still out of our reach. For now, that is.)

Slow Breeders (AKA We are slow to reproduce and grow population wise.)

Politically Adept (AKA We specialize in political sciences, targeted propaganda and politicking in general.)

Natural Engineers (AKA As a species have a natural inclination towards engineering and material sciences.)

1551596081813.png

As to why our home planet is called Eden and our system New Sol, will be explained story-wise in the sign up/ooc thread.