Stella ( a fantasy rp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen_Nobody

Original poster
Vis, a mighty, proud, and prosperous city. Our city. It is the most powerful and grandest in all the western isles, but I fear, not for long. Our home attributes It's success to a mighty guardian, the white beast. He protected us, gave us shelter from the cruelties of the world, and gave us all we needed to live peacefully. Now, however, he lies dead. His body being prepared for the flames. He fell not from battle or any grand way, but simply from age. A thousand years can wear away even the guardians, and lay them down for final rest. Of course, some cannot accept that fact and cast blame to those of the witchblood.

That hardly matters now, though. Our neighbors will soon know we are without our protector and will come to steal away our city for their own. Especially the city of Draco. They have eyed our lands for a long, long time. I'd even wager they built a small army souly for this opportunity.

We can not stand to them, not without our guardian. Our only hope is to find a new one. We don't have the man power to spare on the quest, but the city is home to many fledgling adventurers willing and ready to go. So, we've left it to them. The few who go, are our only hope.

______________ What the rp is __________

Essentially, the goal of this rp is to create a group that sets out on an adventure in order to find a new guardian for their home, and along the way, get wrapped up in all sorts of other "quests" . It's less a point A to B sort of rp, and more of a continuous, long term, rp realm where more than one plot will take place. any interested parties, or anyone with questions, should post in this thread. That said, i've already listed some info and lore bits below~~~

_______

Stella notes

The mainland - This continent is home to great deserts, lush forests, rolling plains, and any other form you'd the land can take. It is shared by the humans and elves and all manner of beasts. Unlike the isles, the mainland has three large governments and armies split across the land.

The three kingdoms - Circen, kingdom of man. Thyrsus, kingdom of Mer. Sollus, kingdom of both. Each nation is dedicated to It's own ideology and has their own way of life. The first two kingdoms tend to be quite segregated with only humans in Circen and elves in Thyrsus. Both have gone to war with one another countless times, but we seem to have caught them in a moment of peace. The third kingdom, Sollus, split off from the two, not wishing to be dragged into anymore pointless wars.

The western isles - There are thirty six islands to the west of the mainland. These islands are each home to many independent city states. All operating apart from the three nations on the mainland. Each city state lacks a large military like the nations of the mainland, as man power is sparse. They instead rely on the noble guardians for protection from any threat they may face.

The Guardians - The god-like beings who made their homes within the cities of men and Mer. They grant protection from the cruelties of the world in exchange for the love of those they protect. Beyond their benevolence and form, little is known of the great guardians.

Witchbloods - The decendants of the first family of mages, the witch family. They were dictators long ago and their brutal legacy grants them nothing but more hatred now they've lost their political power.

"Make" potions - These fantastical inventions are the catalyst for creating many varied objects. A proper alchemist can craft them like any other potion, but instead of herbs, they use metals and other such materials. They convert them to liquid form and store them into bottles. When one requires their use, all they would need to do is take the desired potion and smash it. In a matter of moments, the item is created.

The adventurer college(and guild) - The adventurer college is an association of guilds and schools dedicated to educating and advancing adventurers young and old. They are one of the few organizations welcomed by all peoples. Thus, they have an academy in every major city from the isles to the mainland! These academies are dedicated to teaching aspiring adventurers in any of the six adventurer classifications.

Characters:

The Warrior - A mighty fighter. Bold, noble and true! Their path is one of chivalry and honor, never backing down from a proper fight! The warrior is a skilled combatant, trained in every combat discipline. Swords, bows, hand to hand. The physical and direct realm.

The Rouge - A shadow to all. Cunning, quick, and silent. They follow the path of stealth and deceit, always striving to be unseen. The rouge is trained in the art of remaining hidden and assassination. They use any means necessary to reach their mark and do so before anyone knows they were there.

The Mage - A pillar of knowledge. Intelligent, perceptive, and wise. They follow the path of knowing and the arcane, always seeking unknown secrets. The Mage is trained in the way of arcane might, fire, lightning, and ice. The world quakes in their presence.

The Beast Master - A wild creature. Humble, strong, and free. They follow the path of nature, defending the sacred balance. The beast master is trained in the way of the wilds and the hunt. Gaining loyalty and respect of the beast that walk the land, mighty nature bows to them.

The Cleric - An alchemist and healer. Kind, gentle, and loyal. They follow the path of life, ensuring that their allies survive their adventure. The cleric is trained in the art of potion making, support magic, and healing. No party is whole without them.

The Battle Alchemist - A mad scientist. Energetic, smart, and curious. They follow the path of creation, finding new ways to make the world. The battle alchemist is trained in the ways of the "make" potion and improvisation. They will always have a new trick up their sleeve.

I hold an interest in this RP.

Hmmm... looks like a 3 to 6 player roleplay to me. That's a fitting, adaptable size for me.

While I have various questions such as 'what races are playable' and 'how many characters per player', I think it's best to lay out the world and plan first.

For the time being, my eyes are set on Beast Master and Battle Alchemist.

Well, I believe I only have elves and humans as playable, because as far as civilized species go, there's only them. I wanted only one character per player , as there are limited roles. But if we only have three players, you can have 2.

I for the most part though, have a pretty good idea of the world. It's just, like, a lot of information to write down here. So, I encourage questions about stuff. Reminds me what I have and haven't made apparent.

So in this world, only elves and humans are civilised. Got it.

Open for race suggestions? Or do you want to stick with those two alone for playable?

I was thinking of some sort of Beastman race - mostly human with animalistic traits like ears, arthropod arms, tails and so on.

Beast people in my hosted RPs tend to be based on a Japanese concept where animals gain magical powers and sentience and all that when living beyond their lifespan. In those RPs, beast people magically develop from animals who exceed their lifespan, which, with a few extra details, makes a good basis to explain what the connection between beastfolk and actual animals are, especially if we're going to give beast people the greatest possible variation.

There's this old question of 'How do cat people feel about actual cats' and so on. Wouldn't be a problem if cat people were actual cats before.

There's the old fashioned way, where Beast people are just beast people - born that way, die that way. No magical explanation. They're just humanoids with animalistic traits.

These animalistic traits cover a good deal depending on what kind of animal, but it mostly consists of enhanced senses.

If you feel that this conflicts with the Beast Master class, I understand.

Mmm gunna have to say no on that. I like curries and all, but I can see that quickly overtaking the rp and junk.

You could limit races if you feel that it'll occupy half the cast. Like, max 2 for each race.

Thinking about it, most of my other possible suggestions at the back of my head work better as obstacle mooks in traditional fantasy settings or familiar spirits, plus most of them aren't exactly 'civilised'. So yeah, that's as far as I go for race suggestions.

One of dem suggestions was going to be an Undead race, but I think we should keep our selection lively.

true, i'll give it some thought.
still have at least one other person to wait for

I could help find one more person to join in.

@Ruby. I know you just returned and all, but do you want to hop into this?

I'd be interested. =^.^=

mmm cake...

Yes, I do have a couple questions.
Crow already asked one question I would have asked(about other races), but an important question I feel needs addressed, are there racial perks to help decide upon one of the two races? Or is it more of a preference thing? Regardless of your answer, I will be using an elf, hopefully a cleric, already have an image picked out :3

Another question, since I'm hoping to have a cleric, what is magic like? Many fantasy worlds do it differently, so I feel its important to know. Does magic consume mana-like energy? If so, is this 'energy pool' the same for everyone in the world, or do some people have more of this energy? Does magic have to be channeled through an object like a staff/wand, or can mages/clerics simply cast their magics regardless? How potent is healing magic?

it's pretty standard, magic. basically, just shoot lightning bolts at will. However, one must know the how of doing it to be able. so it takes much study. As for "mana" , well, it doesn't exist. instead, magic is powered off of ones own energy and stamina. To be a mage requires great endurance!
and like, differences between the races, i hadn't honestly decided.i think that primarily they just look different, but in general, elves id say have more dexterity, where humans are physically strong. much more minor differences than in other fantasy styles.

• Thank You
Reactions: Teiso
Awesome. :3

Reactions: Queen_Nobody
So, when do you plan on getting the ooc up? I'm excited. :3

sorry not sorry for double post.

oh, right, almost forgot. just a few moments

Seems nice enough for a good starter.I'm interested in how this all will play out,since I am new here.I don't know,obviously,how things work.So yeah,I'd love to join this.

Reactions: Queen_Nobody
Status
Not open for further replies.