Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I will make the First mate a couple years older, to fit the appearence. That woman does not look 15. Even though a 15 year old girl at this time would be considered a full woman and what not, but I'll stop my rambling.

+10 thoughtfulness for beard.

Should we start ironing out the first plot points?
Now my points are over 9000!
Plot points Ahoy. As in what our first adventure will be? Do we want to start with a personal character arc or go for a job?
Damn, something I realized, since we are going with steampunk history, can I get a year so I can have all my events properly aligned?
Sure, I can get started on so sort of timeline. Do you want it more crew centered or kind of general?
Oh, I will make the First mate a couple years older, to fit the appearence. That woman does not look 15. Even though a 15 year old girl at this time would be considered a full woman and what not, but I'll stop my rambling.
She looked 15 to me. :o But sure. Why not?

Well, it would be better to get a personal plot point either put into the arc or save it for later. It makes a bit more sense to introduce the characters before we delve too far into things they might be doing for personal reasons.

That's what I was thinking. Save the best for later ;)

As for a job they could be doing... Maybe a simple smuggling run that turns into a fight with the law? Get some action in, intro some world details, etc.

I was thinking they were going to steal something. Hmmm. Or Smuggling.... Vote? (Because I'm a lazy fool and I really want to read more of my book but you people are so interesting right now. Darn you. *Shakes Fist*)

I'm up for either, stealing stuff is always fun.

shiny__let_s_be_bad_guys_by_metalhead_14-d6eq00h.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I need to hold a moment of silence...

Damn you Fox...

Well, the date the story is set in was what I was talking about. It is alt history, so I'll assume a lot of things went pretty similar. Just need to know these things for my American character's bio. I can do the Brit simply with the info "It's the Victorian era mate", but I don't know if it is pre-civil war post civil war or what.

Post Civil War Man. Post. By about... IDK a handful of years?

Great.

If that's all for the moment, I'm gonna go to bed. :) 'Night.

Wyatt Grey bio: Born in the Southern states of the US during a time of unrest did a lot to shape Wyatt. His family lived relatively comfortably working a small but relatively successful shop in a small town down in Georgia. His father was an old military man, and so was his father, and so was his father. It was only fitting that eventually he would join the military too, and like his grandfather, he would be fighting a war for freedom. Freedom from the industrial North and its ignorance of Southern issues. But of course, unlike his grandfather, he wasn't fighting because that was what he believed in, but because its what his dad wanted him to do. Years went by, Wyatt's side lost the war and he left America in an attempt to free himself of the pains that came with trying to rebuild the South. This is when he found his way onto the crew of The Asher as a mercenary and hired gun.

Alright, that's the confederate, now for the little British gal. Now, from what area of Britain.... Or maybe we make her Scottish or something.... Hmm. (I like accents shhhhhh >.>)

So I've been volunteered to take on another role... Hmmm.

Name: Saff Hariq
Role: Acquisitions
Bio: Hariq refers to fire in the sense of it being violent or dangerous (i.e. a fire is burning down my ship.) A 'hariq' is typically uncontrollable. Luckily, Saff is Lohar's younger cousin. The revolver is his weapon of choice. He's a quick-drawing gun-slinging kid that has a chip on his shoulders and an ego the size of Prussia. His aim could definitely use some work, but don't tell him that. Saff's mostly known for being a trouble making, insubordinate, wise cracking son of a camel herder that's ever trying to prove himself worthy, seeing as he's on the Asher to begin with cause Lohar said he wouldn't join the captain and crew unless he could take Saff along with him. Lohar implored Saff to apprentice under him many times, but Saff didn't want anything to do with it. The captain did manage to find some use for him, however.

*Just imagine him wearing a cowboy hat and a duster.

Last edited:
Miss Cathy Sweets: A young woman born into a family without the means to support her, she grew up in orphanages living off of very little in a world without the time to care about the little children of the world. The city of London. Far to busy with its fast expansion and industrial boom to even notice the poor young ones wallowing in the filth. Cathy joined up with the Asher to get away from this life of hardship and certain doom in the dirty streets of the city. For a young one she has quite the knack for keeping people in line and doing as they should. As such, she has earned her place as first mate aboard the ship.

That moment when you realize your tower is hanging halfway off your desk and you pee in your pants a little. O.o

You don't have to. It was just a suggestion.
It's a good suggestion. I'm actually feeling up for it :)

I worded my previous post the way I did because I was reminded of the place I used to work at. The boss would come up to me and say "So and so is sick and couldn't make it to work today. You've just been volun-told to pick up the slack." "Yes maam!"

You're right. I did kind of word it kind of like that. I apologize. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.