Steam Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bold, would be my first impression, Captain, but he is an engineer, they have their own quirks." She whispered back just before another crew member called for his attention.

The young woman looked at Gib's eyes ananalyzing, "Right, I'm Stacey Donovan, on the medical team, how's that headache?"

The captain takes the note and puts on his glasses to read it "what is this about?" He asks, scanning the letter

Gibson first replies to the captain. " I'm guessing it's some boffin requesting permission to study our ship, nothing too dicey, but alas, I haven't a clue what the letter states, didn't read it." Gibson takes a seat shuffling through his equipment, then pulls out a wrench. "And about my aching skull? I suppose I may have accidently pissed of one of my lieutenants with a simple reference as all.. "

The captain sighs and walks off to read it, muttering apologies to his guests. Benji had already busied himself working on fixing a pocket watch that someone had asked him to fix.

Understanding lit her eyes and formed an amused smile at Gib's explication "Ah, so it's not just my brother who has those kinds of accidents, I won't worry then." She replied casually before turning to the first mate, curious and without anyone to assist at present.
"Mr. Anderson, can you tell us how long the loading and flight preparations are expected to take? Will we be boarding and lifting off anytime soon?"

Cory looks up, looking rather bored. "If preparations go smoothly, we should be ready to go within the hour"

Gibs bows before leaving the room to check that everything's in tact."I suppose I'll be taking my leave now, until we meet again, friends" Gibson takes a quick look a the captain, then begins to proceed. [Good, occupied... Please don't call me back! Please don't call me back!]

Without looking up, the captain calls out "Oh, Gibson. If you have a few minutes to spare, could you check the dragon tongue turret? I believe the fuel line has burst."

Gibson sighs."More work... It feels like I'm some Victorian Soldier." Gibs turns around quickly, saluting" Very well! I'm on it!" Gibson then turns around to walk to the turrets rank. As he walks away he mutters."Still... wouldn't want to get on the captain's bad side.."He then allows himself to get a little louder."I wanted to see Claudette anyway."

The captain yells out one more thing "and get everyone working faster! there is an air raid going towards Endeslev! They are going to hit the castle!" He shouts, tossing the letter over his shoulder "Alright, recruits! To the ship!" he runs off towards a stairway leading outside where a docked ship has its ladder dangling down in front of the balcony. "Welcome aboard the Gladiator!" he calls as he climbs up the ladder.
Airship%2520by%2520James%2520Ng.jpg

"Yes!" Stacey whispered, dashing up the stairs after the captain. She stopped craning her neck to look up at the grand ship, though it would be better appreciated once they were on board she was sure. Slinging the worn bag over head and shoulder so that it hung on her back the young woman climbed up the ladder after him.

Gibson rounds up the midshipmen who weren't already aboard, along with lieutenants and officers, and darts to the turrets rank to quickly repair the dragon turret. "Alright!.. here I go" Gibs lays out most of his equipment before remembering there was only a "minor" leak, he curses himself, simply tightens bolts, then patches the burst very heavily before rushing to his station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benji slings his bag over his shoulder and starts up the ladder. Captain ray stands at the hull of his great ship. Commands come blaring out of a megaphone at the top. "pull up the ladder. Cut the anchor. Man your stations. Engineers and medical personnel to cannon station A. Prepare all engines. We need to get to the enemy before they get to the city." Benji is too busy admiring all of the machines to notice where he was told to go. Captain Ray gets to the control room while Cory issues commands.

Stacey gawked at the size and design of the ship. Everywhere people were moving, except for the man beside her. She didn't know how to get to the station, but guessed A would be towards the bow of the airship, taking a few steps she looked back over her shoulder. "Benji, are you coming? Any idea where cannon station A is?"

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks around "aah. I was not given a map." He flags someone down and he points more up. "Apparently it is by the front where the neck of the drafon is. It takes more hits so we need to be there. Also they dont have many gunners, so I hope you know how to fire a cannon". He walks towards the area he was directed to. "Im sorry. I didnt catch your name." He has to raise his voice to be heard over the engines and people

"Stacey Donovan, good to meet you officially. I'm familiar with the theory but haven't had to fire anything as large as a canon, I'm better with needles. Any tips?" The young woman called through noise, dodging people and climbing to a higher deck.

"Wait for the spotters to call the target. If they are far away, aim high" he opens the door to the cannon bay. It is much more calm there. All the gunners are sitting on benches waiting.

When he gets to the operations bay Gibson quickly takes his seat. "Alright. Let's show them why our empire topples all!" The ship takes off.

"That makes sense." She acknowledged, entering the room that had clearly been battered and repaired many times. Shoving her bag under an unoccupied bench Stacey scanned the faces of strangers, fidgeting with a belt clasp, wishing for something to do besides wait.

With all the engines going ar full speed, they make their way to the ocean fairly quickly. A dense fog had rolled in their travels. Benji tinkers with something small.

Status
Not open for further replies.