STEAM DATABASE HACKED!!!!

ffs youd think these mega companies would invest in better security.

I've already changed my password, address, credit card number, identity, nationality, species, and email address.

What, you too good for a gender swap!?

I've just changed my password, thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully it was just the forums and not the actual service itself. But y'know, at least Valve tells us this fairly recently to the forums being hacked, as opposed to Sony's approach.

Hopefully it was just the forums and not the actual service itself. But y'know, at least Valve tells us this fairly recently to the forums being hacked, as opposed to Sony's approach.

Unfortunately, it appears to be the entire service. The data they got was encrypted so it's not like they didn't invest in good security. It's very unlikely that they'll be able to get into your accounts or have your CC info.

HOWEVER. If you don't have steam guard enabled, please change your password and enable it! Make sure your passwords are different for different accounts. They don't have to be super complicated. http://preshing.com/20110811/xkcd-password-generator is a great thing to use- it's pretty impossible to figure out as a hacker/cracker/whatever you want to call them and it's easier to remember. Good luck all!