Stay Idol and Keep Your Composer - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icon5_zps96946246.jpg
"...The latter. Why would I have anything to do with that type of girl two years ago?!" He said with a slight chuckle as he lightly punched Yuuki's arm. Well, lightly being a relative term. Amane usually doesn't know his own strength.

"Anyways, let's just get this over with. If this 'bonding exercise' happens to involve partnering up, you will pair up with your bro..." He pointed his thumb to himself. "...Right?"

Later that day!

"...God dammit. I can't believe he ditched me for some girl. WHAT HAPPENED TO BROS BEFORE HOES?!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Icon11_zps6aa7c671.jpg

Seeing the 'beach' stretched out in front of him, Yuuki's eyes shot open in a mild panic. Not for himself, though. He barely waited long enough to give Amane a brief apology before bolting.

Yuuki sprinted for the changing rooms, snagging his trunks along the way. When he emerged again, Yuuki's legs were covered to the knee in shorts of overlapping, navy blue flowers on a white background, and his torso was covered by a Prussian blue, hooded sweatshirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He started zig-zagging through the crowd, his eyes scanning for a familiar head of gold.

"Ah! Arisu-chan!" Yuuki called out and jogged over to her, the tassels from his hood jiggling with the motion. Finally reaching her, Yuuki clapped his hands together in humble supplication. "Sorry to bother you, but can you help me? I dropped my ball earlier and it bounced into the girls' toilets. Is it alright if I pull you away from here briefly?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Icon3_zps83f47ae0.jpg

'Yeah, there is no way you are going to survive this. You can't be around shirtless men without wanting to cry and run into a corner. How in the world are you going to play beach volleyball with them, let alone with a partner that could run his half naked body into yours?' Arisu's thoughts continued to race as she stood paralyzed by fear.

But then something happened. Something broke through her little barrier, a voice.

"Sorry to bother you, but can you help me? I dropped my ball earlier and it bounced into the girls' toilets. Is it alright if I pull you away from here briefly?"

Arisu looked up to see the tall red haired boy, and her eyes met his, her own green eyes filled with panic and discomfort, but a small smile twitched at the corners of her thin lips. He was saving her. Yuuki was going out of his way to save her. She wanted to hug his covered body so much, but of course she was still a little petrified and unsure if hugging was acceptable. So instead her little voice come out, "Of-Of course, Yuuki-kun." She wanted to sound more grateful, but she was still surrounded by shirtless men on the beach so talking was even harder then normal. She planned to thank him profusely once they got away from all the bodies.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Icon5_zps96946246.jpg
"Well... I guess I'm on my own here..."

Amane proceeded to the changing rooms after long minutes of looking for his swimming trunks. Really, how hard is it to spot neon-green trunks? But maybe it's because of the sunlight making it look too bright. If it was nighttime the trunks would practically be glowing in the dark... if it was nighttime they wouldn't be playing beach volleyball.
I guess you could say Amane was relieved it was just beach volleyball. After all those 'bonding exercises' the headmaster threw at them, he didn't know what to expect. But like any other event, there would always be a twist. After all, Intense Beach Volleyball wouldn't be 'Intense' without a twist.
But it would be pretty difficult without a partner. Up until then, Amane and Yuuki were pretty much inseparable. But ever since Arisu came along, 'inseparable' is no longer a way to describe them. Well, that's what Amane thinks. Whether it's far from the truth or not is up to Yuuki.

Amane started thinking of possible partners. Kawate's on top of the "Avoid At All Costs List", who comes at a strong third besides Ryouji and Gurima. Miyako's far too competitive for her own good; she wouldn't know how to enjoy if it hit her in the face. He'd ask Misaki, but they're not really all that close. Just when he's about to run out of options, he notices a familiar girl ogling him nervously.

"Ahh, Nanami-senpai!" he called out with a big smile on his face. "Having trouble looking for a partner too?"

Amane thought Nanami-senpai was looking at him because she was running out of options as well. But perhaps she was glancing at him for an entirely different reason...?

Misaki let out a sigh of defeat, there was no way of getting through Miyako's thick head and she should've
known that by now. Letting go of her, Misaki back off a bit while following her to the classroom. On their way
in, they saw Amane just staring at the door which was kind of concerning but Miyako was quick to get him to
move. While Miyako took the front seat, Misaki usually took the seats off to the side so she could easily day
dream and doze off without being noticed...for the most part at least.

Soon, a familiar teacher with grey hair walked in to the room and Misaki immediately shuddered and looked
away.Not wanting to look at him as he passed by. After returning to the board, he began to draw a diagram
and began his short lecture which was cut off by a voice on the intercom. Misaki gulped slightly after his
comment. "Please...anything but that..." She whispered quietly to herself before getting up and joining the rest
of the class.

When they entered the courtyard, Misaki's eyes immediately went to the sand then over to the row of swimsuits. She blushed realizing she had to wear a bikini even though she really preferred one pieces. Frowning slightly, she looked it over before picking it up and heading to the dressing room.
8wmhco.jpg

When she exited, she couldn't help but try to cover herself slightly and when she looked over she noticed Miyako sporting her bikini with confidence. Misaki couldn't help but feel that the bikini was trying to emphasis "certain points" on her body. Takama approached Miyako and they almost automatically began to bicker. Sokoro knew just like Misaki that it'd take them quite a while from them to calm down as Misaki saw walk on over. She returned the smile then thought for a minute. "Hmm...Miyako being someone else's partner....I'm a bit worried about that....but I don't think I should be her partner for everything...maybe she needs to learn how to deal with others.." Misaki quietly mumbled to herself while looking down before looking Sokoro in the eye. "Nn, sure! I'd love to be your partner!" She said cheerfully.

Icon11_zps6aa7c671.jpg

"Thanks a million!"
Yuuki said with a wide grin. "It was at the entrance, so this way would be easiest." Yuuki guided Arisu to the edge of the sand and into the corridor, making sure he was right beside her the whole way. He breathed out a small sigh of relief when his bare feet touched the cool stone floor. Simulated or not, Yuuki was still tense on a beach. He did a good job of hiding it, but someone as observant as Arisu could probably tell.

That was no reason to get down, though. They had a minute or two to walk, so Yuuki turned his head to smile at Arisu. "She's not going to give us a break this year, is she; I didn't even make it to the classroom before the Cougar attacked. I'm a little worried about what's to come."

Icon10_zps6eeea2f4.jpg
Ever since everyone started undressing... no, ever since she took her first step on the school grounds, things have not been going great with Shiuki.
Everything's just too grand, everyone's just too enthusiastic, and there's now way for her to fit in. Her personality's far too small and weak compared to those who have massive and powerful ones. So far, she has only seen an elite few other students much like her, but even they have enough courage to socialize. She was there to study music, not socialize!
Looking at the crowd of half-naked girls, she couldn't even dream of flaunting such revealing swimsuits. No, not even those one-piece swimsuits. She's probably the only one who still had her clothing on, which consists of an excessively long sleeved cardigan and a fairly long skirt, and she's not gonna change to a swimsuit any time soon.
She wanted to run away from it all, to just go back to her classroom and sit on her chair, reading books or writing songs. But she was already thrown in the middle of it, and the teachers would probably just catch her and throw her back in if she tried to escape. The need to socialize is eating on her insides. If she tries to actually run for it, there's the fear of bumping into someone and it would start a conversation, thus socializing. If she stands there petrified, someone will notice her distress and try to socialize with her. She really felt like crying, but it will garner enough attention for someone to socialize with her. Really, there's no other options for her to avoid socializing. She just crouched in the middle of the beach, held her head between her hands, and prayed that it was all just a bad dream. It was a mistake going to Minamoto Academy to study music.

Icon4_zps8cf903cd.jpg

Volleyball?!?
Naoya thought to himself, he was no good at these athletic things. But beach volleyball? How was that even possible? The academy was landlocked right? But to Naoya's amazement, a real-life beach now existed in the middle of the academy, and nets were set up in various places. Naoya was at a loss for words as he took it all in.

The headmaster then announced that everyone would be participating in swimsuits. Naoya thought to himself,
Swimsuits? Alright! What better way to show manliness than this! No one will mistake me for a girl again! He got in line to grab a swimsuit from the ones that the headmaster had prepared for the first years, and as he was ready to change, hands grabbed him, throwing him into a changing area. Someone said through the curtain, "It would be bad for you to do that here, there are guys around you know." Well, duh, Naoya thought, I'm a guy. "Don't worry though, we picked you something that totally fits your style." A set of green swim trunks were tossed into the changing area, along with a pastel yellow sweatshirt. "And don't take the shirt off. It's dangerous out there, all men are beasts they say."

Naoya shrugged confusedly, he was a guy, and they were worried about his safety? And why couldn't he take his shirt off? That wasn't fair. He was going to go to the headmaster and complain. Surely a strapping young man like himself should be allowed to bare his chest to the world just the same as any other man. He would have hung the the shirt up but found that there was no place to put it. So grumbling, he put on the shirt.

HaruhiBeach_zps653525f3.jpg

Looking around for the headmaster, Naoya spotted a someone holding their head between their hands, looking downright miserable. Naoya also felt miserable, so he could kinda understand. He jogged over to her, "You can't stand it either, right? This event. Come on let's go give that headmaster a piece of our minds!" Confidence is key, right Miyako? I'm going to stand up to her and demand that I be able to take my shirt off! Manliness ho! He grabbed Shiuki's hand and stormed off with her in tow to find the headmaster to share a few words with the whimsical school official.

Icon10_zps6eeea2f4.jpg
"E-Eeehh?!"

Shiuki couldn't believe what was happening. Some random person grabbed her hand. And ran off with her. To give a piece of their minds to the headmaster.
It was needless to say that she was already freaking out. Her heart was beating beyond normal, she was starting to hyperventilate, and sweat started dripping like crazy.
Luckily though, he was only holding her hand through the excess sleeve of her sweater. But him just outright grabbing her hand was still enough to freak her out. What are they going to do when they reach the office? She's definitely going to get in trouble if the boy says something to offend the headmaster. She wanted to get away, and the boy's grip is not so strong at all. But just running for it would be kinda rude, wouldn't it? Despite not wanting to socialize with anyone, she made it a point to watch her manners.

"A-Ano... S-S-Sumimashita!" she stuttered in broken Japanese. No one would really understand her at that point. It took a while for her to realize this. Until she finally stopped talking and just went with it. Her voice was probably too soft for the boy to hear her anyways, especially with the huge crowd around them. Besides, if the boy happens to convince the headmaster, she'd have her peace and quiet once again.

Icon3_zps83f47ae0.jpg

Arisu was a little lost for a second, her panic still their but slowly decreasing as she walked away with Yuuki. Unconsciously though she noticed his stepping and his sudden release when he stepped off the sandy beach. When her panic died down she quickly connected the ideas, 'He doesn't like the beach...'

"She's not going to give us a break this year, is she; I didn't even make it to the classroom before the Cougar attacked. I'm a little worried about what's to come."

Arisu let out a small breath and a little noise, indicating what someone would call a small giggle but for Arisu this was laughing. Her awkward quietness was a part of her, she didn't know how to actually laugh. "You don't like beaches. I don't like shirtless men. We sure are a mess here, aren't we?"

Yes, Arisu should have responded to his comment more. Maybe let out a small joke, something like, 'Should be worse then last year!' or 'She hasn't shown her true colors yet. This is phase one!' But Arisu liked conversations let lead somewhere, not just small talk. She wanted to know if her assumption of Yuuki's beach problem was correct or not. And she felt it was far more important then the headmaster's games. A person's feelings and fears interested Arisu. Of course she would hate herself later for letting an opportunity to have a small talk conversation, with a cute shirt-on guy, get away like this.

And then Arisu realized, if they both had fears that were prominent composure of today's events then they really were going to be in a mess. Arisu made a mental note of how she felt and what kind of song, chords and all, would go with today's feelings. It was actually kind of cool, if someone could be inside of her head at the time they would hear two different songs combining into one to make a beautiful, but slightly disasters, song. Like Arisu and Yuuki right now, two different people brought together by common fears and dislikes, combining together. Actually asking to be Yuuki's partner for today's game didn't occur to her though, she got kind of lost in her daydreams, the usual.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Icon11_zps6aa7c671.jpg

Yuuki stopped walking and laughed, a heartfelt outburst that could draw anyone into it. "Yeah, I guess we are. We don't have a chance of surviving this one." Despite declaring their doom, Yuuki's face was bright. His eyes had a cheery twinkle in their corners. "But maybe destiny will decide that the underdog has to win this one. All we need are cool sunglasses and a theme song; then we go out there and have a montage for victory!" Yuuki pumped his fist into the air along with his words, letting his enthusiasm bubble over and spill to Arisu. His open grin stretched from cheek to cheek.

He still hadn't started walking again. They were off the beach and away from the crowd--exactly what Yuuki had been aiming for. He really did have a ball in the girl's bathroom; he also had an umbrella in the library, a textbook in the art room, his spare cleats in his gym locker, and a scarf in the science lab. The only place he hadn't left something had been the classroom, simply because he hadn't made it there yet. After he stuffed a notebook into his desk, Yuuki's full array of excuses would be complete. Not wanting to remove one already, he tried to keep Arisu there with him until the event started and they had to go back. Of course, this left the two of them alone together--still in sight of the beach crowd, but removed from casual hearing range.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Icon3_zps83f47ae0.jpg

Arisu's bright green eyes widened while watching Yuuki and started to show a small glimmer of true happiness. She couldn't help but suddenly feel overwhelmed with joy. And maybe it was something about Yuuki's cheek to cheek grin or the way he presented himself, happy and confident. Either way Arisu enjoyed being around him. She was almost starting to feel more like talking and laughing, odd for the girl who usually kept quiet. It's not like she didn't know how to make proper conversation, (though recently her lack of talking to people had made her lose some social skills when it came to talking and meeting new people), she just wasn't the kind of girl to make small talk. Sometimes she just wanted to start a conversation with, 'Tell me your darkest secret,' or 'Who are you really on the inside? Who do you really want to be?'. But she knew socially she couldn't just talk like this, and plus nobody wants to talk seriously all the time.

And maybe that was why she liked Yuuki being here with her. Because he knew how to be light and carefree and still make interesting conversation. "Interesting. I think that would be a fun assignment. Creating your own theme song, or a partner theme song, that is." Her rosy cheeks slowly turned a little bit redder while talking because she realized that they were in the perfect distance to talk but not be heard. Which was weird for her, to be alone with a boy. It's not that she didn't trust him or have strong feelings for Yuuki, though he was cute, it was just odd for the short girl to be having a one on one conversation, let alone with a boy. So to make it more light Arisu decided to try to be funny, "Oh. We stopped here. Is this where we plan our montage of victory?" Her little voice meant to come out louder while she said that, trying to be more confident and less awkward, but it still came out of her a little weak.

'Okay Arisu. You know how to talk to people. Stop being so weird and little kid like. Gosh.'

MNPC6_zps5c049577.jpg
Yosuke's slightly nervous smile morphed into a slight smirk. His confidence boosted by this girl's meek response, he gave her a thumbs up and a wink. "Hey, you heard what the headmaster said, right? The ones with the strongest bonds that overcome their fears will win! As long as we work together and do our best, we'll be fine!" He placed a hand on her head. "But you are pretty tiny, so don't strain yourself, okay?" Yosuke's comment seemed sincere, yet there was a slight hint of a joke in there, which was a bit more obvious considering the smirk on his face. "Name's Yosuke. Let's just have some fun, okay?"

MNPC2_zpse48d36b0.jpg
Gurima stared down at the girl, a light hint of red reaching his cheeks. Being so tall, the young man had quite the view of Nozomi's...assets. Lucky for him, she didn't seem to be looking at him due to the scowl prominent on his face. Gurima turned his head away, resisting every urge to continue to stare at her. Come on Gurima! You have a second chance to prove you aren't a jerk. Kindly accept her offer, make some kind of joke, mention how she should just let you do all the work so she doesn't get hurt. Yeah, that sounds good. A soft huffing noise escaped Gurima's mouth. "Fine. Just stay out of the way." Gurima's eyes closed as he began to scold himself. Idiot! Could you have worded that any worse? She probably thinks you're even more of a jerk. Great. Gurima's inner scolding continued.

MNPC1_zps6edd0c3a.jpg
Fubato's eyebrow twitched as Roido kept insisting the two pair up. There was no way Fubato was going to let that happen though. This guys was everything Fubato hated in a student, and then some. The blue-haired youth's eyes met with a pink-haired girl and he rushed to her. Though his face held little emotion, a slight hint of desperation could be heard in his voice. "Please save me. I ask for a partnership, at least this once." If the headmaster was going to force him to play this silly game, Fubato at least would play with someone that wasn't obnoxious.

MNPC8_zps33475640.jpg
Kumaru continued to scan the crowd, looking for a cute girl to partner with. Finally, his eyes locked onto a girl in a white bikini with light pink ribbons. "Ah ha!" The hyper boy rushed to the girl's side and gave her a joyful smile. "What a cutie! We should be partners! I bet we could dominate everyone here! We'll use the power of white and pink!" He happy-go-lucky boy gave a flick of his hair before entering a triumphant pose. Kumaru was pumped now!

FemNPC1_zpsd5276574.jpg
Nanami turned as she heard her name spoken, and she blushed when she saw who it was. Amane had always been an interesting fellow. His clumsiness was something she found endearing, especially since she had been forced at a young age to be regal and elegant. She nodded at his question and responded in a calm voice. "Yes Amane-kun. I'm afraid I'm not the first choice for most." She tilted her head slightly. "Then we shall partner up? I'll follow your lead."

MNPC9_zpsa60d66b2.jpg
Sokoro kept his eyes firmly on Misaki's as she spoke, being one of the more respectable males at the school. When she agreed, Sokoro gave her a confident smile. "Great. Let's do our best." Though he worried for Misaki's safety with Miyako, Sokoro had an ulterior motive. Takama was just as bad as Miyako at these events, and Sokoro was always partnered with him. It would be nice to part from his twin, even for a little while.

Icon7_zps72c61624.jpg
The sound of a speaker crackling could be heard for a few moments before a voice finally sounded.

[rainbow]"It is time for us to begin my lovelies! But first...[/rainbow]
[rainbow]" Naoya Kiritsushima, you are to keep your shirt on.[/rainbow]
[rainbow]Though I appreciate your tactics, it would be too much of a distraction."[/rainbow]

The young boy brought his index finger up as he began to speak. "But I..."

[rainbow]"Tut tut tut! End of discussion.[/rainbow]
[rainbow]As for the rest of you, pairs have been decided, so it's time to begin!"[/rainbow]

All the pairs were assigned a court. After making sure everyone was prepared, a whistle sounded, signaling the beginning of the tournament.[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Chii puffed out her cheeks and shook his hand off. "Fine, just dont call me short..... Im Chii. How are we supposed to build a bond?"

Status
Not open for further replies.