Stay awhile and listen... (Males and Females welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fentanyl

Minor Junior Private Negative First Class
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Hello! My name's Retribution. Most of you probably don't know me. I do a lot of lurking and I've also had a bout or two of neglecting my online adventures - mainly due to work/school and my computer(s) dying, things took priority. However, I'm back here again and I'm having some trouble finding what I'm looking for - and decided to make my own little thread thing. Also, +1 to whoever understands the reference in the title.

Make sure you read everything in the thread. I don't have many "rules" to follow, I just want to make sure people know what they're getting in to.

I'm a male in his twenties with a lot of ambition and motivation to be successful in life. I enjoy reading, writing, movies, video games, guns and shooting things. I have a strong interest in the field of medicine, particularly, emergency medicine. I like long walks on the beach, pina coladas, and even getting stuck in the rain. That's a very brief overview, however I'm typically an open book and I enjoy to get to know whoever I'm writing with. If you're a loner type or doesn't like to make conversation outside of the RP, I don't think I'm the person for you. I want to get to know you, I want to be friends. It makes writing more comfortable for me. It doesn't have to get overtly personal or even on a first name basis. We can go on a few dates at first, see if things work out, you can meet my dog - and you know, if he likes you, maybe you can role play with me.

• I work 50-60+ hours a week, plus a full-time student workload(Typically. This semester, I don't. At least until January). My free time is limited. That being said, you can expect a post from me once a day, or even once every few days. There are times where you can get much more, even a few posts a day! But I'm not lightning quick or a speedy-poster. I apologize if this causes inconvenience with some.
  • I'm kind of a grammar Nazi. By all means by grammar isn't perfect - but I expect any persons expressing interst with me to have a literate background. You don't have to have any experience in roleplaying, but I want you to be able to write colorfully and correctly. I apologize if this makes me sound elitist(I promise I'm not).
  • I RP on an intermediate/advanced level. Please match that!
  • Conflict. I love conflict, death, moral challenges, drama, anything that gets the story going.
  • Please be mature! 18+. I don't like childishness, I don't like immaturity. Let's be adults and talk like adults. A lot of my RP's have adult content in them. Adult content does NOT just mean sexuality. It means gore, violence, swearing, etc.
  • As for romance, I welcome and typically include it in my roleplays(at least the MxF ones), but it is not mandatory. If, by chance, I'm doing an MxM roleplay, there will NOT be romance between our characters. It would be a bro story. I am not against gays - I'm very much of the impression of individual freedom - I just can't RP it. Again, I apologize.
  • If we're doing a fandom, I will not play a canon character. I'm not confident that I could accurately play someone else's character the way they were meant to be played. Most fandoms will be OCxOC with a separate story line from current plots of that series. I'm not sure if this type of RP has a name, but... yeah.
  • Plotting is my favorite. FAVORITE. I can spend hours developing a story before ever even making a post. I won't do that as that would drive away a lot of people. I do, however, want my partner to brainstorm with me. Come up with ideas with me. This is OUR roleplay. Let's make it OURS and not mine.(Read: Don't make me do all the story work.)
  • I typically do NOT enjoy supernatural things. Vampires, demons/angels, werewolves, etc. are very difficult for me to get into. If you'd like to do something like this, it's your job to sell it.
  • While on the topic of what not to do, I don't do slice of life. I get enough stress from my life, I don't want to RP someone going to school or work in my off time as well.
  • PMs please! I will respond to those more-so than messages left here.
These are the genres that I would LOVE to do. I can get into almost any genre, but these are my favorites.
  • Historical fiction! (Literally, any time period. From the ancient ages to present day. We can either do a plot that is historically accurate or take some creative liberties and change the course of history to fit our needs. I'm all for it - and if I wasn't so interested in medicine, I'd be getting my history degree.)
  • War! (Any war, any time period.)
  • Science fiction!
  • Action/Adventure!
  • Horror!
  • Fantasy!(Elves, orcs, etc)
  • Post-Apocalyptic! (There are other things than zombies, you know.)
  • Politics, conspiracy, backstabbings... these are all things that fiddles my winkles. (Read: Tickles my fancy)
  • Something I've never done but am really interested in doing is either a Naval Warfare RP or a Space Warfare RP. If you're going for the latter, Star Wars or Halo would benefit you.

When it comes to the typical pairings for all things not fandom, I will not list all of them as there are HUNDREDS to choose from that I would be interested in doing. Approach me with interest and a pairing you'd like to try out and I'll let you know what I think. Don't be discouraged if I reject the idea or suggest something of my own.

Now, this is where I would love someone FOREVER. Everything listed below will get my attention. Caps means I have very strong feelings for it.
  • STAR WARS.
  • HALO.
  • GEARS OF WAR.
  • DIABLO. (One of the only Angel/Demon-esque things I'll do.)
  • Mass Effect
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Dragon Age
  • Fallout
  • The Hunger Games
  • World of Warcraft
  • Rainbow Six
  • ANYTHING by Stephen King
  • Redwall, by Brian Jacques
  • This list will get updated, but literally any video game or movie series is big with me.

Now, I understand this is a little vague when it comes to most things, but I promise, we can make something work and iron out a decent plot. If you're interested, send me a PM!

I'm pretty awkward with exits, so. You know.

Bye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.