STASIS

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
[size=+1]
logo-4.jpg

The year is 2327. You are somewhere just across the edge of known space.

Travel into the depths of space has been made possible by advances in technology. Yet faster than light travel remains an illusive dream, and thus our voyages into the universe are long, time-consuming and often one-way. To ensure that the travellers have not died by the time they reach their destination, cryostasis is utilised extensively in space travel, with passengers frozen until arrival and several different ship crews on rotation.

the_ilos.jpg

Welcome to the colony ship ‘Ilos’, bound on a ten year trip with a cargo of several thousand space pioneers to a terraform-able planet inside a newly-discovered galaxy.

The crew rotates every nine months, one team being awoken to keep the ship running as their predecessors are frozen in sleep once more. It’s a lonely, tedious job spent in the company of the same small group of technicians, mechanics and pilots, inevitably leading to tensions and disputes and with the ship AI being the only source of information from back home.

But such is the job. At least the pay’s solid.

go4oc5sy.jpg

It’d have to be, given that the contract asks for a decade of your life.

You are a member of ‘ECHO Shift’, one of the many crew teams for The Ilos. You’ve served two previous shifts on this trip already and are just beginning to awaken from cryo-sleep for your third.

But this time, something is different aboard the ship.

Something has happened. The game has changed.

You are waking up to a nightmare.​
[/size]

[size=+1]
[noparse]My Name is... (What is your character called?)
And I serve as… (What is your character’s position within ECHO Shift? Are they a pilot? A mechanic? A security officer?)
My skills are... (What is your character good at? Good eyesight, shooting, running away? Bear in mind that you’re playing an ordinary person, not a superhuman.)
I signed onto the crew because… (The Ilos is on a ten-year trip. Your character signed up for a decade away from their friends, their family, their home. What has driven them to do this? Are they running from something? Looking for a new start?)
I am carrying... (What does your character have on them? Weapons, armour, supplies? Please list everything they’re carrying, even if it's hidden; it helps prevent meta-gaming. If you have a hidden item upon them, simply have 'HIDDEN' in brackets next to it so the other players know that their characters won't be aware of it, at least initially.)

Please also include an image of your character if you can. Using an anime/manga image will result in you being snarked to death by Asmodeus.[/noparse]

A Chat RP is in many ways very similar to the regular roleplays that occur on this forum; people play the roles of characters in various situations described by a Game Master, and so on.

The difference between a Forum RP and a Chat RP is that the latter takes place in the Roleplay Chat-Box; players post the actions of their characters and how they react to the unfolding situation as the GM guides the world they all inhabit.

As such, a Chat RP is a faster-paced form of roleplaying; games and stories can be played out in a single night. Character interaction is greatly increased, as is player involvement in the plot. All in all, it's a unique experience in terms of forum roleplaying; you should really give it a try.

Yes, you.

THERE ARE SEVEN SPACES IN THIS RP; once we're out of spaces that's it, I'm afraid, so join whilst you can.

THE RULES
  • Follow the rules of Iwaku
  • One character only
  • Don't act like a prick to fellow players
  • Don't meta-game; nothing kills a Chat RP faster
  • Be prepared to run with what's thrown at you

The game will take place on SUNDAY 1ST APRIL, at 21:00UTC in the COVE RPBox. Here is a time converter that you can use to figure out what time the game is at where you are, so you know if you can play.[/size]

[size=+1]My Name is... Jensen Bebbington
And I serve as… ECHO Shift’s Captain; I’m the guy who has to make sure these other guys do their fucking jobs.
My skills are... Leadership; I know how to keep a crew together, keep them working and keep them from going fucking crazy on this bastard ship. No small feat. I’m trained in electronics and communications, plus I can handle myself in a fight if I have to.
I signed onto the crew because… Because there’s nothing left for me back home. My wife and child were killed a couple years back; ship crash, one of the worst there’s ever been. It’s taken me a while to put myself back together, and it got me thinking that I could do with a vacation. A decade-long vacation.
I am carrying... A handgun. A wrist-mounted computer with a built-in communications device. Captain’s clearance for pretty much all rooms and levels.

[/size]

ROIGHT, GONNA NEED TO DO A BIT OF RE-SCHEDULING ON ACCOUNT OF MY INTERNET FAILING ON ME.

What days would people be free for this?