1. The server transfer is complete, but there is a known issue occurring with posts lagging when they are sent! We apologize for the inconvenience. A fix is underway, so please bear with us.

UPDATE: The issue with post lag appears to be fixed, but the search system is temporarily down, as it was the culprit. It will be back up later!

Starting to Wonder....

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by CrypticWriter, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Hello,

I would just like to ask one simple question as I am starting to wonder why NO ONE have been joining my roleplays. Usually, I have instant hits but now, Squat. I have three roleplays, in the modern forum that has had multiple viewings but no one posted a bio or anything. Am I asking for too much? Is the story I'm coming up with not interesting? Or maybe it's because I am a newb. I just don't know what to do at this point. It's making me feel like I have lost my touch on coming up with a great storyline for people to enjoy and I hate the feeling.

All my roleplays maybe fan-based but I don't ask you to know the story. Just know how to roleplay, post at least a good paragraph and create a playable character. My rules may be strict but hell, I am strict when it comes to my roleplays, but then again, who isn't?

I just started this site four days ago now and everyone has been friendly but I'm close to leaving because I really want my roleplays to work and if they don't and I have lost my touch, I am done with roleplaying. Yeah, I'm hanging up my laptop and is done.

I know it may seem like I am ranting but oh well. Just want someone to tell me why or what can I do to make people be interested in my roleplays.

Signed,
    A confused newbie.

2. Hi Cryptic! Welcome to the site. First of all, this post really doesn't belong in the Announcements, so I've moved it to Roleplay Talk. :]

Second of all, this site is not as large as some others and so it can take a few days for people to start replying to new roleplays. Don't be discouraged! You might also try advertising; you can do this by making a thread in Roleplay Talk (where this thread is now) or by submitting an ad to the Ad Rotation.

Be patient! You'll find people to play with soon enough.