1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, war, action, modern, mystery, kaiju, mecha, spiritual
Do you all think there is money in solar plants?

Really considering using government money grants to create a start up business for making a Solar Energy Plant. I think it's not a big thing in America- yet- but I think it could be. It would literally be the energy with the best profit margins.

@Kestrel

Well, from what I read, about 6 acres = 1 megawatt of energy out put.

It's not as impressive as a fossil fuel, but it's nigh infinite.

Panels must be replaced every 25 years, though.

I kinda want to switch our house over to solar power. O___O But it costs money to invest in the initial switch over and I dun have that kind of money. ;____;

Sure.

But see if it still is after you've got a degree or at least some university credits in business, accounting, economics, and management.

@Kestrel

Well, from what I read, about 6 acres = 1 megawatt of energy out put.

It's not as impressive as a fossil fuel, but it's nigh infinite.

Panels must be replaced every 25 years, though.

That leads to questions like, do you have a way of attaining and maintaining the required space? What equipment do you need to store or transport large amounts of gathered energy and how much does that cost and what expertise is required to manage it? Etcetera.

At first glance it sounds nice, but before making any big decisions try to pan out how you're going to make it work, what you need (both material and immaterial) and how much time/money/effort that costs. Write a business plan, or at the very least a concept, to see if it's worth going through with.

Reactions: Maddeline
I would suggest working with solar panels on a small scale first. Additionally, if your goal is to make money or simply be green (or both), you can try omnidirectional wind turbines. You can build those yourself.

Secondly, I just remembered this bit, but some states let you buy or just have broken solar panels from their roadside machines. Like the ones that test your speed limit and so on. From what I've read they are rather easy to fix and maintain.

Reactions: Maddeline
It's about 45-250 dollars in my state to purchase premium level solar panels. Germany, leader of the solar energy race, has "solar farms", where down on their luck farmers can sell their lands or be paid subsidies for the appropriate amount of space by profit made.

Kentucky is roughly in the middle when it comes to US states and sunlight energy, while its in the top 10 most energy consuming states. Energy bills are raising due to dying coal mines, so I would be able to step in. Cost effectiveness wise, that's about 250 dollars per solar station. Each has a span of roughly 1 1/2 meters^2, which means that I'm taking up 16 feet or roundabout. Not considering the angle of the stations, meaning I could literally put hundreds if not thousands in a 6 acre area. While the 6 acres per megawatt is an average, I believe that being in a rural state with lots of land to buy up, I can produce much more than that. A megawatt can power about 200 kentucky homes (given the average temperature and power usage and so fourth based on a geographical economic surgery in 2014). Basically, I would power 160 houses. The breathing room would be stored in the form of batteries which would be charged with about 10% of the energy on the back burner. That energy would pick up where the panels slack off like on rainy days and such.

I recommend looking up an Indian Entreprenuer Wedhwa who built the first commercial solar plant in India. He was already a Silicon Valley Entreprenuer, but he got a lot richer from his Indian plants.

I kinda want to switch our house over to solar power. O___O But it costs money to invest in the initial switch over and I dun have that kind of money. ;____;

I recommend buying the panels first. Then, later on, you can afford to flip the switch. Again, our most expensive home-size panels are about 250 dollars. I only recommend about four of those and to not buy them at once unless they are heavily discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.