Starting embedded YouTube videos at a certain time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalrendezvous

Ever forward.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
8 AM - 6 PM and 10 PM - 2 AM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
I'm pretty sure it's possible to do this on the forum, I just haven't figured out how.

I know that usually if you want to link a video and start it at a certain point, you just append ?t=1m13s to the end, or something to that effect.

HOWEVER, on Iwaku the forum coding picks up the link and converts it into an EMBED bbcode, and once it does that I'm not sure how to keep the "start time" designation.

Anyone have any ideas?

Seems like it isn't possible, at least from a bit of testing and googling. There once was a xenforo addon which allowed exactly that, but it is not maintained anymore, meaning that it doesn't necessarily work.
Here's the link in case any of the administrators are interested.

• Useful
Reactions: Izurich
Whenever I want to link Youtube vids starting at a specific time, I always use the plain link code instead of the embed code. It's [url*=(url here)](text here)[/url*]. Or, you could just highlight a bit of text that you want to link to, and use the link button on the post editor.

But yeah, I can't get the embed to work with that sort of thing either. If you want a video to start at a specific time, just use links. It's not quite the same look, but it gets the job done just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.