Starting a D&D campaign, looking for interest

[Poison Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 6, 6, 5, 4 [Total: 21 Average: 5]]
[Poison Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 1, 3, 4, 4 [Total: 12 Average: 3]]
[Poison Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 5, 4, 4, 6 [Total: 19 Average: 5]]
[Poison Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 5, 3, 6, 1 [Total: 15 Average: 4]]
[Poison Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 6, 6, 5, 6 [Total: 23 Average: 6]]
[Poison Frost has rolled 4 6-sided dice with results: 2, 1, 6, 4 [Total: 13 Average: 3]]

Alright, so my character's stats are: 16, 11, 15, 14, 18, 12. Not bad. Not bad at all.

As for the location of the Dicebox, head to the C-Box. There are links at the bottom of the C-Box, one links to the Dicebox.

Thankee- And i'm glad, those are exactly the kind of results I expect from the 4d6

*Solution Monkey appears at the top of the stairs*

Another option is to let ME play the pseudodragon. I'll roleplay being the pet and because of the way Sil's character raised me I'll have certain deficiencies, i.e. my poison glands haven't developed and my skill bonuses are halved. Anything too powerful I simply WON'T do, because being overpowered is for gays and communists.

It would be an enjoyable challenge for me. And it'll also stop Vay joining since he's supposed to be joining MY FUCKING WOUNDED KING ROLEPLAY! >:[

I believe they were more excited about playing the dragon than anything. The only reason I limited the number of players for this is the same reason as a real D&d game... getting to your turn will take years.

Why does everyone want to take my dragon from me? T_T

*sobers up*

Thanks for the offer, Asmodeus...but in all honesty, a pseudodragon is an advanced character by any and all means. That's why I want the dragonette to not actually be a race of D&D but a race of my own, that which I call a jewel dragon.

As for the merging, it makes perfect sense that that would be the only way for the dragon to attack, merging with her counterpart in order grow strong and vital, to take all power before attacking. But that would make the dragon her own character with her own class, etc. Perhaps what we could do is keep the ranger idea for my half elf, keep her the silly hunter with a pet dragon in her backpack, and later on down the road, we roll to see just how connected the two are. I'd give it a 40/60 chance...anywhere above 40 rolling one 100 sided will make them merge, below that, they remain separate but connected, and the tiny dragon has her little in-flight attacks. Does that sound fair?

And about the dice rolling....um...I kinda rolled her stats when I started the profile a couple days ago...do I need to re-roll?​

Only if I find the values are out of line. What 6 values did you roll?

STR - 13 DEX - 15 (-1=14) CON - 14 (-1=13) INT - 10 WIS 14 CHR - 12

If this is unacceptable, I understand and will re-roll...but most of those are the lowest possible to have as a Ranger.​

...Give yourself 2 points to apply where you'd like.

Also guys, for those of you that have finished with a character sheet and the like, I made another thread: A Family for the Kingdom (AFFTK). Please start putting your documents there

May I ask why you wish to give me two extra points? Just a curiosity...I'll give her 12 INT, since I wouldn't call her stupid.​

Its not an unfair point spread, but neither is it really above average for a stat roll. Just wanted to make sure you were base-lining it as you said you were for ranger.

Edit: weren't base line*

You likely got the extra two points to stay relatively on par with the rest of the party. :3
I managed to roll an above-average set of stats, but I chose to be the party's healer/emergency melee.

True, those are lower stats than all of my other characters, I have to admit. I put her highest numbers on the things she needed most, and it happened that intelligence was the lowest on the list. Thank you for the extra two points.

One more thing...I've no idea what any of my saving throws are...and I don't know where to find them (since I only have a Player's Handbook for 2.5)

Sorry for all the trouble.​

Saving throws are determined by a base save bonus (determined by the class) + the correct ability modifier. Fort- Con, Reflex - Dex, Will - Wis. So for a level one, the base values should be somewhere between 0-2 for each plus the modifier of your scores.

So I need to be posting a charrie sheet for my thief? If so, I'll get right on it!

Yes please, and if you haven't yet, use Dicebox to generate the stats. Otherwise i'll critique after.

Oh dear...I'm sorry for admitting this...but you've just seemed to confuse me further. Keep in mind...I've no idea what I'm doing when it comes to 3.5...I know nothing about the edition or any other but 2.5...​

Your saving throws are based on your abilities and your class. When you look at the class 'graph', you'll notice lines after your Base Attack Bonus labeled "Fort Save, Ref Save, Will Save". These are added to your abilities. Let's use Daniel, my character, as an example.

Daniel's a Druid, and Druids get a +2 bonus to their Fortitude and Will saving throws. So his saving throw chart would look like this:

Fort: +2 | 2 | 0 | 0
Ref: +0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Will: +2 | 2 | 0 | 0

However, Daniel is also quicker, tougher, and more mentally stable than an average human. He has a 14 Dexterity (linked to Reflex), a 16 Constution (linked to Fortitude), and an 18 Wisdom (linked to Will). These give certain bonuses.

10 is average, giving a +0 bonus.
12 is above average, with a +1 bonus.
14 is great, giving a +2 bonus.
16 is incredible, giving a +3 bonus.
18 is fantastic, giving a +4 bonus.
20 (only obtainable through racial bonuses) is getting close to legendary! It gives a +5 bonus.

So Daniel's saves end up looking like this:

Fort: +5 | 2 | 3 | 0
Ref: +2 | 0 | 2 | 0
Will: +6 | 2 | 4 | 0

Hope that helps!