Starting a D&D campaign, looking for interest

*hits his head on the lowering shutter*

AAAGH!!

*wriggles underneath*

Put me in the reserves. I'll jump in if someone drops out.

Alright, well...the only thing I gave my character was a long bow she inherited from her father, a short sword she acquired on a hunt, and two small waterskins. Of course, I can take away the waterskins and perhaps even the short sword.​

Alrighty, so! The game looks pretty interesting, though for edition, might I suggest Pathfinder? It's interchangable with 3.5 (says so on the back of the books at least), and there's a 3rd party class that Sil might be able to make use of: Dragonrider. It gives them a slightly weaker dragon ally that can be used as a mount. Otherwise, keeping an "NPC, not for use in combat" young dragon as an ally until Sil's character gets the 'Dragon Ally' feat might be the best option in 3.5.

As for me, I always have strange, heroic-monster characters. My favorite races are the kobold, catfolk, and flind, so there's that. XD

I'm assuming we're starting at level 1? All I guess I need then is what our stat generation's going to look like, and if there's gonna be some extra house-rules. :3

I have a feeling dragon rider is a no go for this type of RP. Otherwise, I'd say hell to the yeah. Unfortunately, I don't want bible thumping...can't stand when every single rule of a certain game has to be followed. The 'Dragon Ally' feat of 3.5 is confusing for me...so I just say that she has an animal companion. Especially considering all the little dragon is is a cat-sized dragonette that is only there for character development...I do need to know now tho if we have to follow every rule when it comes to that kind of stuff...D&D outside of 2.5 confuses me because I've never done it...and I've no one to teach it to me. 2.5 was always extremely different from the others (thus why it was known as Advanced Dungeons & Dragons)...the rules are different, and when we play, we only follow certain ones...my family, including myself, have always been "live free" types of people...we don't follow all the rules. So, naturally, I don't know all of the rules, and honestly, don't care to find them all out. I've already taken down health, constitution, and dexterity...I think that more than fits the bill for equalizing to have a tiny lizard with wings >.<'​

I know only a select number of the rules, mostly just the ones I find useful to play my weird characters. XD

Oh! By little dragon, do you mean like, the 'pseudodragon'? They're cat-sized and not very powerful.

Yeah, in essence, that's exactly what she is. Of course, like I told Templar, after we reach around level 9 in our characters, she will be old enough to use a breath weapon, thus starting at level 1, herself.​

That'd take some really hardcore tweaking of the rules. A dragon uses plain ol' hit die rather than class levels, but it is doable.

For a pseudodragon, the hit die are 2d12+2

But pseudodragons have a LOT of bonuses...so, let's just keep her tiny and cute, kay? We'll deal with the trouble later.​

Alright I'm back. gonna start working on some composed responses now... sorry I'm REALLY exhausted. I'll be around developing such for the game and posting the response to you all sometime shortly.

Okay- Sil, those basic items are fine. You can keep them on you, from a role playing perspective, everyone was just going to be taken to a bazaar to go through and purchase equipment. If you want to have it be a storyline item that has the same stats, we will just deduct it from the stuff that you can pick up. No biggie.

As far as pathfinder goes: I've already got a lot of work done and so have other people, let's stick to 3.5e and just avoid any potential confusion. I'll look into it for future events. Meanwhile, I'm looking into the dragon stuff. If you send me the sheet with the detriments you applied, i'll see if its worth it or not. Meanwhile right now I'm also looking up methods of incorporating it fairly.

I don't see the problem with the little thing just being a tiny dragonette...It shouldn't have to go by D&D standards, simply because you said we will apply the basic mechanics, but keep this a normal RP for RP sake. The pluses for a pseudodragon are insane, and completely unfair...if my adaptions are confusing, please tell me so I can better explain myself. I just want a pet for my char because that helps enhance my enjoyment of the RP. And I really, really want to play a dragon...this seems the closest opportunity for it at this point.​

I don't have a problem with it. I'm staring at the dragon rider class right now, and I mean, I just want this to be fair for everyone, yourself included. For the most part, the class itself is okay, especially the first few levels, but then the abilities that are like: turn into a dragon one size larger than your companion and a dragon. Kinda throw me off. Hey wait a second, if we modify that class, would you be willing to take it and instead of turning into another dragon, you and your pet kinda merge into one being? I wouldn't be worried about you essentially having 2 dragons, the class itself builds in the requirements that draw away from other potential, and you would get to play your dragon both personally and just in general RP with the companion. Does that sound remotely acceptable?

Edit: Also please make sure you have a great reason why there's a tiny dragon with you... story-wise that's very extreme but I can allow it as long as it is explained.

*giggles* She doesn't turn into a dragon. My character is a completely normal half-elf. The tiny dragon is spiritually connected to the character, yes...and it is explained in the biography. Now, I have no clue how the dragon rider class works...but I do like that idea...it would better portray why and how they are connected. But again, I don't think that should come until later. I want her to learn her abilities as the RP continues, thus why she is so young. She is one of my Elvin types, and I wrote her as to be raised by her Elvin father, thus learning the way an elf would...she is wise for appearing so young, yes. But she is still naive and ambitious. The dragon is a hatchling she had found when she was, perhaps, 30 years of age...but I don't want to spoil the bio right now. But can you allow me this ability later on in the RP?​

To clarify: the only way in which you would be able to use the dragon mechanically would be when merged, and that would happen as you progressed. If that sounds good to you? I could start working up a modified Dragon Rider class for you and give you it.

Also: *Stares at the mods apparently flocking to the room*
Either I'm damn good, or someone needs to help me start bolting down the windows.

Still need to know our stat generation before I make a character! Unless all you want is a backstory and stuff, which might be hard to do for me. I like having my class and such in order.

*Is frantically boarding up the windows and doors with makeshift barricades, watching Vay foam at the mouth* POISON, THERE'S NO TIME. HELP ME SECURE THE FORTRESS. THE END IS NIGH.

--but in all seriousness, I totally forgot about that part. Umm. I always really enjoyed rolling dice for them, but I don't have a way to verify the rolls. Normally 4d6 take best 3 is what I do, it generally gives a decent stat list. I thought there was apparently a built in dice generator on here?

Edit: I just looked this up via google.

From Asmodeus -
27th April 2010, 03:39 PM
This is a thread for rolling dice using BBCode.

Since the dice results change if a post is edited, NO EDITING IS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD FOR ANY REASON.

You are welcome to use the BBCode in your normal IC, but bear it mind that it CAN be abused.

To roll a dice, use this code without the spaces: [ dices=X ] Y [ /dices ]

X = the number of dice
Y = the type of dice

Remember to put a description before each roll so the GM is clear what the roll is for.

There is, it's the Dicebox. I'll rool 4d6, drop lowest there and post them here. You can actually check the logs to verify.