Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowflake

A simple OOC Thread for the usual OOC related stuff. Place to ask Questions and do some of that sweet group plotting. Or just generally shitpost relevant memes.

EDIT: In case anyone shows up at later date, feel free to join we'll figure out how to throw your character into the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for lack of posting. Got caught up in some stuff. Will work on a post, which should hopefully be up later tonight, or tomorrow.

• Thank You
Reactions: Snowflake
Welp, there's my post for Eric. Not exactly great, but I wanted to get something out before I had to head out to get some Christmas stuff for Christmas eve.

Here's how I'll be handling scenes. The scene remains for as long as the Characters are in it, once they leave they do so with certain intention be it to go to X place or locate Y person. In the event of the Crew being split each character will be handled synchronously. This of course relates to scenes outside the ship. On ship however the scene will change only after two things happen. One: A course is set, be it specific or ambigous. Two: Characters are done interacting. For the most part The Ship will be a place for interpersonal relationships and character development through interacting with crewmates. You can state that your character is done by simply retiring them to their station or ship. That way if anyone else wants to have a scene with them they can find them easily. Once everyone is done the scene moves onto the next one. This can range from ship combat to planetside heists.

As always, if you have any cool ideas about what you want to see happen or any sort of mood for a planet or arc you wish to explore feel free to share via OOC or PM. I love implementing things from player's and I believe it makes everyone more engaged when they are given some world-building power.

Oh and we forgot to figure out what sort of guns the ship has. Should probably figure out what type they are and which is top and which is bottom.

P.S. Happy Holidays.

I propose conventional cannons, something equivalent to a 5" cannon you'd find on a naval destroyer. Powerful enough to menace shipping, defend against small patrol cutters / equivalent sized pirates, and bombard hostile ground targets. It is not so powerful that we don't have something to work towards. With maybe 50 rounds each, enough that you aren't too worried about shooting one or two but won't want to go hog wild

Fun Fact: you can shoot guns in outer space

• Useful
Do you all want me to post next or should I wait for those who haven't?

Go for it, maybe some posting will wake others up. Could also be people are still in holiday laze mood. I'll see about poking solar and getting him to post.

What if your character was an RTS Unit? What would their dialogue lines be?
Trained/Summoned:

Selected:

Movement:

Attacking:

Activating Special Ability:
<Name>: (Description)

<Name>: (Description)

Taking Damage:

Near Death:

Repeatedly Selected:

• Bucket of Rainbows
I'll give it a go.
Trained/Summoned:
" Hell yeah!"

Selected:
"Let me at 'em!"
"What do you need?"
"Who needs killin'?"

Movement:
"phwoo.. should have brought the ship."

Attacking:
"For Telaris!"
" mad laughter "
"Give them hell!"

Flak Cannon: Brad becomes immobilized for two seconds to fire a volley of deadly materials, shredding light units in a medium area.
"Say goodbye!"

Warlord War dance: A ceremonial dance that invigorates nearby troops, boosting attack and health
"Come on boys! We'll show them how strong we are!"

Taking Damage:
" You cn do better than that, bastard!"
" Just a scratch.."

Near Death:
"Shit... Ava."

Repeatedly Selected:
"Wot?!"
"This better be important!"

Trained/Summoned:
"Who, me?"

Selected:
"You sure?"
"Well I got a thing..."
*sigh*

Movement:
"Please don't shoot me, please don't shoot me, please..."

Attacking:
"Oh, geez."
"That looked like it hurt."
"Why do I use this heavy thing?"

Upgrade:
After five seconds permanently buffs one adjacent ship or vehicle.
"Finally something I'm good at."

Scan:
Three seconds are spent identifying the weak points of a ship or vehicle in range.
"Ooh, shoddy work there. And there."

Taking Damage:
"I told you not to shoot me..."
"Ow ow, it stings, ow."

Near Death:
"I HATE MY JOB!"
"Wait, please wait..."

Repeatedly Selected:
"WHY!?"
"No, seriously, why me?"

Sure, why not.

Trained/Summoned: "Hope you read the terms of my contract."

Selected: "Tell me what needs to be done." "Point me in the direction of the objective."

Movement: "Repositioning." "Moving to a better spot." [For giggles.] "Doing what the invisible arrow is telling me to do."

Attacking: "I'll try to make it quick." "You had a choice. Unfortunately, you chose to stand in the way."

Eight Eyes:
Eric activates the drone in his possession to survey an area and report important details, such as enemy numbers and positions or anything of the sort.

"I see you." "Can't hide forever."

Taking Damage: "Argh!" "I will repay you in kind..."

Near Death: "Not quite.....How I imagined it...." "So, this Is what it feel like...."

Repeatedly Selected: "Stop wasting time." "Reconsidering why I joined."

Side note, I apologize for the lack of a post. Right now, I am currently babysitting nephew. Whose father/my brother has done as a last minute without giving me a heads up.

Hopefully, I will have one up by tomorrow.

Happy new year my doods, it's been a wild one for me. I can only hope you choose to stick around as I promise to keep this rp going.

Ruth Steiner (Guardswoman days)
Trained/Summoned:
"Combat Medic on the field"

Selected:
"Join the guard they said, it'll be fun they said"
"Heal it or hurt it, I'm your girl"
(Under Fire) "The FUCK you want!?"

Movement:
"I'm going"
"Take me to the wounded"
"Band-aids on the move"

Attacking:
"For House Steiner!"
"Bringing the pain!"
"Attacking Target"
"Giving them a terminal case of lead poisoning"

Revive: Ruth brings a recently downed infantry unit back up with 5% health
"You're not getting out that easily"
"Get back up"
"Not today, reaper"

Medical Supplies: Ruth heals nearby infantry units
"Take two and call me in the morning"
"Not gonna lie, this will hurt like a bitch"
"I'm not kissing those"

Taking Damage:
"That hit me."
"I'm the damn medic, protect me!"
"Taking Fire!"

Near Death:
"Not like this. . ."
"Time to dig into the morphine. . ."
"I don't wanna die a virgin!"

Repeatedly Selected:
"Quit it!"
"At least take me out to dinner first"
"Do that again and you'll get 1200 cc's of boot in your ass"

Reactions: Crono
So the plan now is to move in at night? Everyone cool with that? Wanna throw in more banter and RP or you want me to just move you onto the next scene.

Also, gotta do one for The Ship

Trained/Summoned: She ain't pretty but, she's space worthy.

Selected: [radio crackle]

Movement: Let's hope nothing falls off... Again.
We can go there, maybe.

Attacking: Cannons locked, loaded and discharging.
Rain hell on them, fellas!

<Experimental FTL>: (Hits FTL without charging, drops out randomly) I got a bad feeling about this...
This could crack open reality, you know!

<Faith in the ship-spirit>: (Through sheer force of will and faith, the ship keeps flying when it has no right to) Umm, we should be dead now...
This is why I love this ship!

Taking Damage: Under fir-- They took out the primary buffer panel again!
Retaliate, run, reverse! Get them to stop, dammit!

Near Death: She can't take much more, cap'n!
In space no one can hear you scream, BUT YOU CAN HEAR ME NOW.

Repeatedly Selected: Stooop, you'll crack the hull!
[Clank, crash, sparks] Look what you've dobe now!

Status
Not open for further replies.