Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowflake

A simple OOC Thread for the usual OOC related stuff. Place to ask Questions and do some of that sweet group plotting. Or just generally shitpost relevant memes.

EDIT: In case anyone shows up at later date, feel free to join we'll figure out how to throw your character into the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it was just a baseline. I figured that the upper deck could be expanded for facilities like a machine shop and infirmary

Reactions: Snowflake
Classic 70's / 80's style filk for the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Man, 40k lore is all over the place lately. :P

You guys, all this behind the scenes talk has me forming webs of intrigue in my head connecting you all like some Game of Thrones characters or something. I think the first Act/Arc of this here story will be The Crew doing various Jobs to make cash and acquire hardware and intel and develop some interpersonal relationships. Then we'll slowly move onto one of the more personal missions and from there start working on resolving someone's goal and dealing with a few complications along the way. The final Act will be where just about everyone has been dealt with and all that's left is to either run an Apocalypse level event throughout the Galaxy and change it drastically or retire the cast and send out a new one to deal with the changes the original one created.

But that's the long term, for now we gotta see about getting ourselves a Captain, Solar said he'd be up for it so for now we wait.

• Thank You
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring for Captain, or at least gen up a possible NPC captain

Sure, though I will probably give advantage to those who haven't made a character yet. If you have a cool idea I'm always happy to hear even if we might not be able to implement it directly or in the most obvious way it might still be possible.

Oh boy I should probably get to listening that all the way one of these days, but priorities man, these midterms ain't gonna finish themselves... Unless...

@SolarFlare @Krag_Jorgensen @Crono @The Wanderer @Jack Robinson
Alright, we're almost ready to go just a few technicalities to deal with before we get to it. Mainly the ones relating to the Ship.

Here's the rundown:

• Basic Experimental FTL Drive (easily upgradable but otherwise just above average in performance)
  • Stock Shielding (going up against ships of higher class would be unwise with this thing)
  • 2 Gunnery Seats (one top and one bottom, pick which turrets you wanna have, they can even be automated if you so desire)
  • Med-Bay (fairly standard fully stocked Med-Bay, doesn't have an auto-doc)
  • Stock Freighter Engines and Reactor (nothing too interesting here, you can probably outrun bigger ships easily)
  • Nexus Uplink (you got Space-Internet)
  • Astrogation Computer/Nav-Sys (you kinda need these to plot FTL Jumps)
  • Lots of space (rooms for each member of the crew plus a couple spares, rooms for passengers, free cargo space)
If you wanna add more to it I would't be opposed to it, in fact I highly recommend adding something. I don't want to restrict you with some made up point values and a handful of options so feel free to stretch your creative muscle and we can discuss how much is fair. I'd say around 2 additional systems or upgrades.

After we are done with the ship I'll work on the IC but until then it's mid-term projects for me.

Could we have a recreational area for the crew members to relax and blow off some steam?

Depending on the age / state of the ship, a workshop might be appropriate

Could we have a recreational area for the crew members to relax and blow off some steam?
Yes, definitely.
Depending on the age / state of the ship, a workshop might be appropriate
I like the idea, but what exactly does it entail? Tools and resources for anything from minor component tinkering to vehicle and mech modification? If so then I would definitely count that as a 'Ship System', as opposed to the Rec-Room which is less practical.

A full workshop would probably be a ship system, I agree. However, given the experimental nature of the drive, the captain's penchant for scrap, and the crew's shaky access to legal parts; I think it is a worthwhile addition.

• Useful
@Crono I have an engineer post almost ready, but I can wait if you want to post first.

It was just one rough spot. And it was still one spot too many. You probably won't explode if that's what you're asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.