Matthew Harris/ Twiggy

When Savina would arrive at Superior Industries, she would notice Twiggy, the local town hero was trying to stop two guards from dragging a clearly injured male, back into the building. " We have to take him to the hospital... he is clearly injured and I don't think Adam will be too happy that you are keeping his adoptive son from him."

" He's a property of Superior Industries. Doesn't matter what he did outside of here, he isn't leaving unless the two of are dead or unconscious," the younger buff guard replied.
savina-daye-banner-png.148832

"Hey! Last I checked no one is anyone's property. So, he needs hospital care. Now. And if you'd rather be knocked out, I can arrange that." She flew up directly to them, crossing her arms across her chest. "Last chance to back off. No shame in admitting you got beat by a girl when it's me."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Steven Lasket

When T-Rae and Steven arrived at the bank, they would be met by Lucifer Junior and an unfamiliar man robbing the bank.

"
Oh come on, neither one of these guys could stay in jail for a day. To give you a complete rundown, the one on the left is the one who fucking ruined our lives and should still be in jail and the other is well... unstable. His name is Anarchy and well, he's a son of Eris and Set. Looks like today isn't a training wheel day."

@Michale CS
t-rae-banner-png.148833
Another day, another demon. "Why am I not surprised? Listen fellas, don't you have anything better to do, like hang out in a dark corner somewhere plotting the doom of humanity? Really, a bank robbery? That's the best you could come up with?" Was taunting these guys a bad idea? Probably. But I was coming off of a really shitty day and I wanted everyone to know it. Before I could say anything else, however...

lord-immortus-banner-jpg.150007

"Hold, villains! Before you stands Lord Immortus, Conqueror of the Seven Worlds. Cease your activities immediately or suffer my wrath!..." He paused then shook his head. "Too melodramatic, I expect. But please, do as the lady says, unless of course, you want to walk away from this with nothing to show for it." Nate tapped a few buttons on the 'watch' on his wrist, and a strange mist filled the air for a moment and dissipated.

"Even now, the money you carry and soon, all assets of this bank will be infested with industrial microbes that will devour all of your ill-gotten gains in moments. The bank is insured, so they shan't lose a dime. So, do you wish to fight for absoutely nothing, or do you wish to depart? l leave the choice to you, good sirs."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Shorius aka Mike Shore.

While awaiting release, Shorius could hear sirens heading out from the station. But it was a bit of time before he was released, probably too late to be of any use. He obtained his personal stuff from the box where the police routinely held it. He sent a text to Matthew...

{{ Everything Okay ?}}

Then to Great Uncle Eros

{{ Do you have my pouch and .. Pen ? If so, where can I meet you ? }}

Barring any new emergencies, he caught a cab back to Codfather's to get a change of clothes and head out to the Hospital.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Eden Haller

Eden continued to tour around the school with Drake who as it turned out was very pleasant.

" That's convenient Drake, So somehow I get the feeling this will bite me on the butt eventually"

" I hope you are one of the good guys at least ? "

She will read his emotions at least on this issue. Far easier to read, and almost impossible to tell she's doing it.

So far at least the school seemed nice.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Matthew King/Twiggy

The guards looked at each other and seemed to be preparing tp fight back. " Why are the people here always picking a fight?" Matthew asked, really hoping to leave with the boy without violence. It seemed it wasn't to be that simple. He took a quick look and noticed them inject themselves with enhancers. " Mother- where the fuck did they get?" He asked, as the guards got in a defensive stance against Savina and Matthew.

Steven Lasket

Anarchy turned over to Tamara and tilted his head. " You know, that is a cliché that is older than time itself. Not that heroes have ever been known for their originality when it came to insults," he said, looking at her and shrugging, before he looked at her when she mentioned a bank robbery and that was the best you could come up with. He shrugged, looking over at Steven and noticing the other man arriving.

Anarchy tried to not roll his eyes when Lord Immortus arrived and leaned against the wall, purposely dropping the bag of 'loot.' Steven tilted his head and looked over at it. " Huh- that isn't.... wait, I have seen something like this before," Steven replied, tapping his chin, trying to remember where he had seen it before. A robbery where the loot was just empty bags. What were they taking or was there something he was missing here though?

"Even now, the money you carry and soon, all assets of this bank will be infested with industrial microbes that will devour all of your ill-gotten gains in moments. The bank is insured, so they shan't lose a dime. So, do you wish to fight for absoutely nothing, or do you wish to depart? l leave the choice to you, good sirs."

" I wouldn't assume the bank has insurance on it. This is the city of Adam Knight we're talking about. The harbor had been blown up a few times and it has been magic that fixed that. I mean, departing sounds lovely to me, I was never stealing anything regardless," Anarchy replied. Steven paused, remembering what was about to happen.

" Everybody step back."

Hopefully, they listened to him because a stampede of people who had heard about the bank closing from a rumor were demanding their money. In the chaos and discord, Anarchy left with nothing in hand....that belong to the bank... but something Lucifer had been carrying. An enhancer.

@Michale CS

The quiet was something that the jail rarely saw and it seemed the sirens were heading away and towards the outskirt of the city. Shorius would find everything that belong to him in the police box that was located in the jail at the moment too. It took a few seconds before Matthew replied.

Fighting stupid guards who won't let injured boy go. They got enhancers, but I got a blonde chick helping. Thanks for asking.

Eros's text was also responded to quickly.
Got it for you. We can meet up at the hospital. I'm currently visiting David.

There didn't seem to be any emergencies in the area and Shorius would have an easy time heading towards the hospital to meet his uncle and see David.

Drake Lasket

Drake was enjoying giving the girl the tour, not worrying about his powers or dying. It was honestly refreshing.

" I mean, I have it under complete and total control," he replied. He was of course lying through his teeth.

" Yup, I'm a good guy. Not much evil in me," he replied.

It seemed that his emotions had him being honest, though there was a weird instance right between not much evil and in me, almost as if it was a lie that he didn't know about.

The school was indeed very nice after being rebuilt multiple times.

@Gands

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
Mike Shore aka Shorius

(( Texting to Mathew ))
{{ Let me know if you need any help. I'm taking a cab to the hospital to visit a friend }}

(( Texting to Eros ))
{{ Alright, heading your way, things appear to be handled at the moment. }}

Mike heads out of the station and hails a cabby, conveniently nearby. Eventually checking in to the visitor station to find where David is. He heads up with his bright white Visitor badge.

Mike

He remembered the strange incident that started at the Hotel that night. For some reason he enjoyed finding his grand Uncle. It felt nice to have family. To have a sense of belonging to something besides himself. He always felt better about helping too. There were things in Starlight city that were twisted and corrupt. Old things like himself. They needed to be opposed, simply because such things threatened life. Somehow his mind was full of these thoughts as he headed up to David's hospital room.

@LuckycoolHawk9

The meeting went well the rumors and gossip started to flow about a private security firm that had opened the wealthy and the powerful had started to look

Drake was quite different from ordinary vampires his skilled management of political parties in the past gave him quite the understanding

This new world was chaotic to him it had only been a short time since he had awoken from his sleep!

Eden Haller

Eden had gotten good at the traditional poker face. Both she and her father thought it completely essential for the life and well being of a telepath. The small glitch in Drake's emotions had suddenly made her wary. He is going to bear watching she thought to herself.

She enjoyed touring the school. It seems nice... but she noticed repaired damage spot in a few areas along her path.

They returned to the school administration and she received her schedule of classes.

" Pardon me, I don't have permanent living arrangements in Star City. The police department has been keeping me at a Hotel. Are there any living quarters here at the school ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9

" I wouldn't assume the bank has insurance on it. This is the city of Adam Knight we're talking about. The harbor had been blown up a few times and it has been magic that fixed that. I mean, departing sounds lovely to me, I was never stealing anything regardless," Anarchy replied. Steven paused, remembering what was about to happen.

" Everybody step back."

Hopefully, they listened to him because a stampede of people who had heard about the bank closing from a rumor were demanding their money. In the chaos and discord, Anarchy left with nothing in hand....that belong to the bank... but something Lucifer had been carrying. An enhancer.

@Michale CS
t-rae-banner-png.148833

I shook my head in disbelief. Some random geezer in purple shows up and bluffs the guys, then they aren't stealing anything, and then people show up suddenly demanding their money. This town is fucking insane. I didn't even say anything, just stepped back even before Steven said anything, as I heard the flash mob from a block away.

Then a theft wasn't the objective. What was? A diversion? But for what? Immortus used all of his 30th century tech to scan both of the figures, the nanites he put in the air ( yeah, standard nanites, which probably wouldn't have eaten away the money but the bluff was worth it ) alighting on that enhancer. Instantly, he got feedback on what the thing was, and smiled. Well well, an opportunity. He had the nanites infiltrate the enhancer itself and go dormant. For now. Whomever injected themselves with that power booster would also quickly fall under the control of Immortus himself.

"I must say, this is a very odd city. Very odd indeed." He punched a couple of buttons on his wristband - entirely unnecessary, everything he had was controlled by brainwave or eye movement, it was for show - and there was a sparkle in the air. "Well, to assuage your fears, I have disabled the microbes, and left a little something behind." Transforming matter was of no real consequence to Nate, now that his tech had a chance to recharge under the sun for awhile, so he left a stack of gold coins behind, worth perhaps $50 a piece, but one each for the incited crowd. "One per person please, single file line. Not a trick, not a gimmick, genuine gold coin worth, well, perhaps enough for a nice meal or a couple's date to the movies, each. Just think of me when you need things... fixed. Hmm?" And indeed, on each coin which had his head on one side and a seven pointed star on the back, was engraved with his name and a newly-acquired phone number. Lord Immortus - Troubleshooter.

t-rae-banner-png.148833

The fuck? I looked at Steven and shrugged. This was a seriously weird day...

@LuckycoolHawk9

Fighting stupid guards who won't let injured boy go. They got enhancers, but I got a blonde chick helping. Thanks for asking.

Eros's text was also responded to quickly.
Got it for you. We can meet up at the hospital. I'm currently visiting David.

There didn't seem to be any emergencies in the area and Shorius would have an easy time heading towards the hospital to meet his uncle and see David.

"Fine." The speed blitz was in order then. Savina acted like she was going to sock one of the guards but then turned around as quickly as she possibly could - which, well had the unfortunate side effect of a sonic boom as well, to deliver a push kick to the other one. Thankfully she'd gotten good at directing the booms so it was mainly directed at the guy on the receiving end of that kick. "I'll handle these guys, you get him to safety."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Eros Valentino

I'll be heading over to the hospital soon. I got an injured boy that needs to be checked up on.

Good to know that everything is going fine, nephew. David is waking up right now.

There was no problem and even though the chief of staff wasn't a big fan of gods being in the hospital, she let it slide. Today was a good day as the resident replacement doctor Lincoln... had actually came in.

When Shorius would arrive, Eros had just finished a book and was closing it up. It seemed that David had been awake, but he had collapsed from exhaustion again. He was getting better, but unlike normal people in the hospital, the machines that stimulated a human were not there. He was scarred, but he had a night gown on. Also due to the circumstances, his wings was visible as he was lying on his side. Thankfully, the gown hadn't fully ripped, showing only his back. It could have been much worse.

@Gands

Gabriel Clark

If you asked Gabriel Clark how the meting went, he wouldn't have quite used the word well. It was passable, but at least three times, Mason nearly left the firm without making a deal.

It was only through some clever signing and bartering that he was able to get the deaf supervillain to agree to hire Drake and it was mostly begrudgingly.

This new world was chaotic to him it had only been a short time since he had awoken from his sleep!

" Well, at least you got some press. If you need some help, I could help you around this world. It's much different from your home."

@chrono

Drake Lasket and Dorothy Robinson

Drake hadn't even known that he had a glitch in his emotions. As far as he knew, he was telling the truth and that was all that mattered to him. He hated being lied to and was happy that things had gotten better. He wondered if things could ever possibly get worse though.

Though the repairs were always happening, there were some damaged spots from the old battles and even the future battles.

Dorothy handed her a class schedule, thankful that Drake hadn't broken anything yet.

" Normally our dorms are filled by this time, but due to circumstances, we actually have one free room in the girl's dorms, so you can live there. Let me just draw up that paperwork."

@Gands

Steven Lasket

Steven wasn't certain what to make of any of this. He understood what Anarchy was planning, but why steal from the person he was robbing with? Why did he go to all of the trouble of setting this up when it was just a trap? He couldn't piece any of this together and he had a feeling that their report wasn't going to make any sense either sadly.

Steven paused when he heard the glass that the enhancer been break. It had been banged against the wall outside and had landed on a .... spider. Now that was even more confusing. Why had Anarchy stolen an enhancer, proceed to break it and just enhance a random spider on the wall outside of the bank? He took a deep breath and wondered if T-Rae had heard that as he tilted his head and looked at the strange newcomer. If he had learned anything living in the two universe, it was to take no one on face value as everybody was always after somethin in this world.

" I have no clue what to make of this day. Perhaps we should go change in at Lincoln at the hospital?" He asked.

Matthew Harris/ Twiggy

Matthew was going to get the boy to safety before he mumbled something. " Liam....downstairs." The hero sighed and ran his hand through his hair and placed Will on the ground, using his speed to find this Liam in the basement. Though the place was in ruins, he noticed an unconscious boy on the ground. It was of course buried and he barely managed to get him out. " Do you got the guards all finished because we got another kid to bring to the hospital?" Matthew asked. The guards were unconscious and down for the count.

6a24f7e2a1b143f4f34174c969cac801--man-candy-male-models.png

@Michale CS

Steven Lasket

Steven wasn't certain what to make of any of this. He understood what Anarchy was planning, but why steal from the person he was robbing with? Why did he go to all of the trouble of setting this up when it was just a trap? He couldn't piece any of this together and he had a feeling that their report wasn't going to make any sense either sadly.

Steven paused when he heard the glass that the enhancer been break. It had been banged against the wall outside and had landed on a .... spider. Now that was even more confusing. Why had Anarchy stolen an enhancer, proceed to break it and just enhance a random spider on the wall outside of the bank? He took a deep breath and wondered if T-Rae had heard that as he tilted his head and looked at the strange newcomer. If he had learned anything living in the two universe, it was to take no one on face value as everybody was always after somethin in this world.

" I have no clue what to make of this day. Perhaps we should go change in at Lincoln at the hospital?" He asked.
t-rae-banner-png.148833
I had indeed heard the breaking of the glass, and I'd seen enough enhancers to know what one was. The point of the "robbery" as best I could tell, was for Anarchy to destroy the enhancer that demon-boy had. "Fuck if I know; I'll follow your lead. This place is weird. Thanks for the help, random old dude."
"Nate will do." He replied to the young heroine. So... you possess some sense that detected my nanites and used the device on a spider to deprive me of a real prize. More clever than you let on, yes? But, genetically enhanced spiders are quite useful... just ask Spider-Man... He directed the spider to travel back to Nate's apartment, while the nanites made sure that the enhancer was not only permanent for the spider, but that its bite would pass the enhancement along to the victim of such a bite. My own friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, on my side... The trick is to find the right patsy to take on the role...

@LuckycoolHawk9

Matthew Harris/ Twiggy

Matthew was going to get the boy to safety before he mumbled something. " Liam....downstairs." The hero sighed and ran his hand through his hair and placed Will on the ground, using his speed to find this Liam in the basement. Though the place was in ruins, he noticed an unconscious boy on the ground. It was of course buried and he barely managed to get him out. " Do you got the guards all finished because we got another kid to bring to the hospital?" Matthew asked. The guards were unconscious and down for the count.

Savina was dusting off her hands, looking at the downed guards. "Yeah, it was kind of a letdown, I was looking for more of a fight. I can help, I'll just have to remind myself to move slowly."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Mike Shore aka Shorius

Shorius walked up and greeted his uncle with a hug.

" I take it he is going to be okay? "

After a hug and a repy, Shorius went to the closet to get a light blanket, carefully placing it over David, covering his exposed wings.

" So Uncle, what can you tell me about the people here..Who is honorable and who isnt ? That, and is it stable ?"

After a reply...

When this young fellow wakes up, where are you taking him ?"

Star Butterfly(1).jpg
"What a perfect place for me! Starlight City!' Star Butterfly stepped out of the hole that had been cut with a pair of dimensional scissors, tucking them away in her bag.

"Whooooaaa. This place isawesome!!" Star squeed, dashing here and there.

"Ooh, what's this? A drive through donut shop! So convenient! Makes me wish I could drive!"
She zipped across the street to a pet store, then a few doors down to a grocery store, then a comic book shop and finally...

Finally...

"Wooooowwww. Transcendent Tacos. This place is double amazing awesome!" Star ran up to the counter of the taco stand and slammed down a few Mewni Crowns on the counter. Thankfully they had a significant gold value.

"I'll take the biggest burrito you have! Oh... and a diet soda..Gotta watch the waistline you know what I mean." She said with a wink.

Sitting down at one of the outdoor tables, the princess doused the burrito with sugar before taking a huge bite. It was utter bliss. She remembered the last time she'd done this she ended up in trouble because the fireworks she made messed up a police car.

So this time she only did a little fireworks by comparison.
"Rainbow Nyan-Cat Tornado!" She pointed over her head and true to description, a swirling mass of Nyan Cats spiraled into the sky, thankfully not causing any damage. It did, however, make it quite evident where she was.

Who knows who would come to investigate the source of a meme given temporary manifestation? Hopefully somebody cool...

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Last edited:
Eden Haller

Eden came back to the admin office trailing Drake with only that strange little glitch to worry about. Dorothy was nice, reasonable and lucky for Eden, there was still space at the inn.

She let the situation regarding Drake go for the moment, vowing to herself to tell someone important later.

Getting to her new room some time later the room was not exactly pristine, but was clean. Out came a couple of movie posters to decorate her side of the room. All of these things were new really. The local police chief had taken a collection to get her some nice little things, new clothes and all the stuff a young student lost in the universe might want. Eden took it all with a grain of salt.. for now. She had her time to cry when her friend was killed. In her emotional state at the time, she froze all of the gang members with all of the emotional energy she could use. Some of them will never be... cognizant again. It really did take several weeks to get herself together. She was because of her father's training, however recent, incredibly emotionally stable. She had a very strong stubborn psyche.

california_wedding_stanford_854594_h.jpg

The Church of Saint Gile.
On the borders of Starlight Crevice.

The Church upon the hill had gained a caretaker of sorts, clad in the vestments of a priest. If there was any sort of fault to be found, it was with his apparent youth and lack of experience. The boy would be first to agree, but would ask the following.

"Where would experience begin, if not for that first step?"

And so he found himself in this place, his abode a sanctuary for those who sought it. Devil, Angel, Cyborg or otherwise- all who bore a desire to be better found themselves cared for by the boy who called it home. The Church of Saint Giles! The patron saint of sufferers, cripples and outcasts. All welcomed before the portals of Heaven and Hell, the stop before a final destination...

At least, usually.

Tonight? The Damphir found himself upon the steeple. One hand gripping it, the other cupped over his eyes as he peered out over the city. The wind brought a scent of mingled strangeness, so vastly different from the open spaces of Texas. His eyes gleamed bright red, as he perused the world. Finally, he dropped off the steeple and made his way to ground level. The Church would keep for the night.

Adventure beckoned.

-------
Rainbow Nyan-Cat Tornado!" She pointed over her head and true to description, a swirling mass of Nyan Cats spiraled into the sky, thankfully not causing any damage. It did, however, make it quite evident where she was.

He did not expect that however.

Much less who it emerged from. He stepped into the light, hands dangling freely and more importantly, unarmed into view. He was young, he knew and looked the part. Despite his efforts to dress appropriately, there was no mistaking his true age. But even as a trainee, he had a duty and he walked towards her table before asking in a deep, thoughtful tone of voice. Warm without thinking, considerate in its contemplation.

"May I sit here with you? I've questions I believe you may be able to answer."
@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

He did not expect that however.

Much less who it emerged from. He stepped into the light, hands dangling freely and more importantly, unarmed into view. He was young, he knew and looked the part. Despite his efforts to dress appropriately, there was no mistaking his true age. But even as a trainee, he had a duty and he walked towards her table before asking in a deep, thoughtful tone of voice. Warm without thinking, considerate in its contemplation.

"May I sit here with you? I've questions I believe you may be able to answer."
star-butterfly-1-jpg.158775

"Sure! Buuut, I sorta just got here today, so I'm not sure how many questions I can answer for you. I'll do my best though!" Star looked over the guy, and didn't know what to make of him at all. She really hadn't been exposed to any Earth religions - well she probably had but didn't pay any attention to them, so to her it was a sort of goth looking kind of outfit.

She took another big bite of the burrito, but this time refrained from using her wand to cause any more fireworks, as she waited for his questions.

@Ringmaster

"Sure! Buuut, I sorta just got here today, so I'm not sure how many questions I can answer for you. I'll do my best though!" Star looked over the guy, and didn't know what to make of him at all. She really hadn't been exposed to any Earth religions - well she probably had but didn't pay any attention to them, so to her it was a sort of goth looking kind of outfit.

She took another big bite of the burrito, but this time refrained from using her wand to cause any more fireworks, as she waited for his questions.

@Ringmaster

For his part, he stared in open curiosity. This was the first time he had gone beyond the borders of his territory in the city proper. Gleaning an idea of this place was first and foremost his goal, but then...Well, he got busy. And he ended up missing a few problems by the wayside. Now that he was here, expectantly watched? He chuckled ruefully and shook his head. In amusement, he spoke.

"You know, I'm not so sure what I was going to ask now. Apologies, it's been a while since I spoke to, well...Anyone."

At least, anyone his own age. Give him an elder and he'll talk long and at length. Someone like him and he was tongue-tied. He shook his head to clear it and smiled.

"May I try again? Hello, my name is....Matthias and I'm a new denizen in this city." Technically true. And he didn't want to use his first name just yet. He had no idea who Star was, but took comfort in the fact that no monster would eat a taco like she was now. So it begged the question...What was she then?

@Michale CS

"You know, I'm not so sure what I was going to ask now. Apologies, it's been a while since I spoke to, well...Anyone."

At least, anyone his own age. Give him an elder and he'll talk long and at length. Someone like him and he was tongue-tied. He shook his head to clear it and smiled.

"May I try again? Hello, my name is....Matthias and I'm a new denizen in this city." Technically true. And he didn't want to use his first name just yet. He had no idea who Star was, but took comfort in the fact that no monster would eat a taco like she was now. So it begged the question...What was she then?

Star snorted a little and giggled. "Denizen. You make it sound so Eee-vill. I guess I'm a new denizen myself. And you really shouldn't go too long without talking to people, I think. I mean, doesn't that get super boring?"

She took another bite of the burrito and washed it down with about a quarter of her diet soda, before extending her hand fervently to Matthias. "I'm Star Butterfly! Happy to meet you, Matthias!"

@Ringmaster

Star snorted a little and giggled. "Denizen. You make it sound so Eee-vill. I guess I'm a new denizen myself. And you really shouldn't go too long without talking to people, I think. I mean, doesn't that get super boring?"

She took another bite of the burrito and washed it down with about a quarter of her diet soda, before extending her hand fervently to Matthias. "I'm Star Butterfly! Happy to meet you, Matthias!"

@Ringmaster

Did it really? He blinked at this new point of view, looking very perplexed and more than a little awkward. He really did need to get out more, if only to avoid social faux pas like this one. Star didn't seem to give him time to think however, as she grabbed his hand for a firm shake. He responded automatically, giving a firm shake in response.

"Boring? Um..Not particularly? I've never really considered my job boring I mean."

In this city, boredom seemed less attained and more hoarded, if only for the rarity value.

@Michale CS @York

"Boring? Um..Not particularly? I've never really considered my job boring I mean."

In this city, boredom seemed less attained and more hoarded, if only for the rarity value.

"Oooh! What's your job then? I... don't really have one. I'm a student. Or at least I was back where I came from. Sorta. It's... weird and complicated. Sort of like me!" Star rattled off after shaking his hand, head cocked to one side wondering what cool job the goth kid could have that wasn't boring. Boredom was her nemesis.

@Ringmaster

"Oooh! What's your job then? I... don't really have one. I'm a student. Or at least I was back where I came from. Sorta. It's... weird and complicated. Sort of like me!" Star rattled off after shaking his hand, head cocked to one side wondering what cool job the goth kid could have that wasn't boring. Boredom was her nemesis.

@Ringmaster

Student? He could feel his illusions shatter. Of course-how could he expect anything less than to be a student, in this day and age? Homeschooled though he was, with a G.E.D. his guardian had arranged for him to take, he wondered if it'd be enough. Would he be compelled to go take further education instead of acting as caretaker per his earned credentials?

He had no idea.

"You don't seem weird or complicated to me. Happy, yes but not one or the other." He supplied outwardly in response. "To answer your question, I don't go to school. I work as a priest in a church alongside the portals to the upper and lower umbra. The spirit worlds." He added in response to whatever expression she made. "The rest of the time, I just do...."

A memory of a werewolf pack of gangbangers flashed through his mind, claw and fang borne against blade. A banshee death metal star wailed at him as he strove to push towards the stage. A dragon loomed behind his business desk. A ghoul swallowed the hand of the corpse it had bit off, before rushing him in a scream that mingled with the roars of the others he had met and faced...

"....Community service."

@Michale CS @York

Reactions: Gands