STAR WARS

The lightsaber fight is the highlight of the previous night.

Your players will come in on events in the following morning. Whether you're newly arrived, or just waking up in a room at a hotel (whether in the expensive palisades or the cheaper labor areas), you'll hear about the "Jedi Fight" soon enough. Feel free to have NPCs prattle on at you about it.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css"><title></title><meta name="Generator" content="Cocoa HTML Writer"><meta name="CocoaVersion" content="1038.35"><style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Verdana}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Verdana; min-height: 15.0px}</style>Name: Aren "Defy" Tavirgy

Sex: Male

Species: Chiss

Physical Description: View attachment

Personality: Aren likes to have a good time he is what you might call a party guy but doesn't partake in alcohol as it dulls his senses but instead just enjoys being around people. He loves to show off when the moment calls for it, especially to impress girls. Though he may be the entertainer on the outside he doesn't like to let people in and feigns happiness to make people believe everything is all right.

Strengths:
-Exceptionally skilled in bboy, parkour, tricking, and martial arts.
-Is great at causing distractions, and keeping people attention on himself.
-Knows a few different languages to help him get jobs.

Weaknesses:
-Doesn't know how to use weapons, only his own body.
-Always tries to see the good in people even if there isn't any.
-Thinks he is sometimes invincible because of the Force powers that he knows, and thus will put himself in harms way to help people even though the situation could be dire.

Special Abilities: The Force abilities that Aren possesses help him mainly in training. He uses them often to help avoid getting hurt in falls and healing himself when he does. These include: Force Speed, Force Healing, Force Jump, Force Phase, Force Valor (increases physical abilities and allies) Force Deflection, and Force Push/Pull.

Equipment: No equipment other than lightweight clothes for best maneuverability, and a mini boombox that he carries around on his person.

Backstory:
In the beginning Aren was supposed to pursue the military has many Chiss do. He however had been exposed to dance by accident as a child and it mesmerized him. His parents did not approve of what he wanted to pursue so Aren left his family and pursued what he loved. He was a quick learner and picked up a lot just by watching others and soon became part of a dance studio and helped out with the duties that were needed.

In the middle of training when Aren was 8 (about 16 in human years) he was practicing some tricking on a a elevated area and misjudged how much space he had left and fell a couple stories from where he was. As he was barreling towards the ground he prepared to crouch and roll into a ball to absorb as much impact as possible, this was something he had done many times before but not from the height he had fallen.
This time however it was different as he was confident and focused on what he had to do even though there were going to be repercussions on his joints, however when he landed he put his hands out in front of him and instead of rolling he used Force Deflection and propelled himself forward and up lessening the original impact considerably.

Overtime Aren learned how to use the Force even though he wasn't sure what is really was. Through mixing his dance training with Force training he was able to discover and effectively control, Force Push/Pull, Deflection, Speed, Heal, Jump, and Valor.

During training one evening Aren was being slightly riskier than usual and was jumping across rooftops and the like when he suddenly tripped and was on his way to going head first into a building. This caught him off guard and did what he could to muster what Force was present at the moment. For a split second he thought he was going to crack head skull and perish as there was no room to Deflect and he hadn't mastered using Push to slow himself down against an object. Instead, he went through the building activating Force Phase for a second without him realizing it, allowing him to safely roll to a stop inside the building, though there was much banging and bruising afterwards.

Through the use of his abilities Aren has become a fairly well known dancer and is seeking employment on Illia Station. He still doesn't know what the Force is and only seeks to dance.

Attachments

• ChissSF_.jpg
    ChissSF_.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
Just wanted to put out there that I'm interested in being the one who snuck up on Tain's character from the shadows. If anyone else was planning on that lemme know and you can have it. Only wanted a little something extra to do once my Sith arrived. Getting into the space station is going to be interesting enough as it is for a Sith that can't pilot a damned thing himself.

WIP

Name: Vomasaz'ryl, Vomas Azryl

Sex: Male

Species: Twi'lek

Physical Description:

Red2fullcover.JPG
Height: 5'11
Weight: 185 lbs.
Hair: None, except for eyelashes
Skin: Yellow-green
Eyes: Violet

Personality: Like all Zeison Sha, Vomas has trained his entire life to be as self-reliant as possible. He tends to shun attachment to other people and mostly keeps to himself. His independent personality does not, however, prevent him from being a help to others. Zeison Sha also value helping those in need, and this is one part of their philosophy that Vomas particularly takes to heart, as well as being the main reason he has come to Illia Station.

Strengths: Trained to be completely self-reliant, Vomas needs no one's help to get by. He can make it through harsh conditions that would test the skils of even the most seasoned adventurer. Desert worlds in particular are like home to him.

Weaknesses: Vomas doesn't really understand teamwork, and is incapable of cooperating with elaborate or well organized plans. He generally has a problem following other people's orders, preferring instead to work under his own initiative.

Special Abilities: As a Zeison Sha, Vomas has a deeper and more extensive knowledge of telekinesis than the average Jedi. He can harness the force to masterfully manipulate objects (although he mainly only does this with just his discblade) or even create a physical barrier around himself to repel objects.

Equipment: Discblade
Discblade_%28raw%29.JPG

Zeison Sha Initiate Armor
Zeisoninitiatearmor.jpg
Backstory: (A brief run-through of your history, please. Be as detailed as you like. Include reasons for being at Illia Station.)

Ooh, another Twi'lek! <3 Can't wait to see how he and Lia'ry interact.

REPOSTAN FOR BETTER EXECUTION

Name: Yora Soo

Sex: Female

Species: Nautolan http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nautolan

Occupation: Fresh graduate of the De Khordron Bliu school with a degree emphasis on baking and hopeful small business entrepreneur

Physical Description: Yora stands at her race's typical 5'9" and her skin tone leans towards the yellowish green spectrum. Yora is rarely seen out of her work clothes and as such an implication would suggest she always has a thin sheen of flour and quite possibly a smudge here and there of a jam or a jelly.

Yora_portrait.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Makulita/Yora_portrait.jpg

Personality: When one speaks of another being two-faced it is usually to refer to a sinister or deceitful nature. For Yora it just talks about her drastic change in attitude when in or out of her kitchen.

Inside her kitchen she is a veritable dominatrix, crisply and sternly reprimanding or ordering her employees around if they prepare a batch of choux dough incorrectly or if a multitude of special cake orders are called in. Being that the kitchen is her domain she treats it as such therefore any disobedience or malarky that persists in her presence is executed… right out of her kitchen and to the wait staff. If one were to listen more intently over the soft music played in the dining area one could hear the steady bass line of Yora's constant stream of directions, scoldings and critiques before being overwhelmed by the scrumptious scent of her pastries.

However, outside her kitchen Yora is noticeably mellower, almost compliant. The harsh, steely words that leak out of kitchen seemed absorbed into some inner sponge of her personality replaced by her urge to accommodate others to the best of her abilities.

Strengths: Yora Soo makes a bitchin' chocolate frosted cupcake. Won her nine blue ribbons.

Weaknesses: All of Yora's weaknesses bubble up to the surface once she steps out of her kitchen. Because of her slightly traumatizing training under the headchef, Yora is accommodating to a fault outside the bakery. Loud noises, scuffles and even confrontations on the street that have nothing to do with her make Yora Soo shrink away, even going so far as to redirect her route through several neighborhoods just so her tendrils stop picking up the emotional commotion.
The moment when Yora stands up straight and with confidence outside is when she is dealing with business that affects her bakery whether it be checking on the shipment of Naboo wheat flour or sorting out her bakery finances at the bank.

Special Abilities: It's a secret technique that Yora had stumbled upon during her weekly pastry experimentations but she had figured out how to plant a custard treat into a soufflé. The secret, unfortunately, has made her a target of many top patissiers and hotel chains wanting it for their menus as a special treat for their high class guests under the assumption it will only further glorify their establishment. Yora has yet to tell a soul about how she accomplishes it, but at least a good handful of her employees hope it is them.

Equipment:
- Imperion IR-6 oven plus 8 burner stovetop

- Barilliumic metal balloon whisks, automatic dough mixers, frosting tips, mixing spoons & measuring cups

- Endorian wooden rolling pins, spoons, bowls and cake display stands

- Notebook and pen (for writing down spur of the moment concept pastries)

Backstory: Yora's backstory is only slightly dramatic with a few runaway scenarios, a tattoo or two and a few nights under lock and key at the station house during her adolescence—typical youngster shenanigans. Yora had also once been a part of an upstart Nautolan band that only ever put out one single which may or may not be held in a storage box of some yuppie somewhere in Coruscant. With a moderately well-to-do family, Yora was sent away to live with her middle-class uncle where (OBVIOUSLY, YO) she tempered herself and aided her uncle in his work which ultimately led her down the path she now treads. Coming back to her family after having the obnoxious teenager manual slave labored out of her she told them of her aspirations and with a note of recommendation from her uncle went off to learn at De Khodron Bliu to earn her degree. While there, she acquired the taste of entrepreneurship and set out with a small but admirable goal to set up a small bakery in at least one illustrious area in the republic—it just so happened to be Illia.

Just wanted to ask since I'm sure SOMEONE in here knows, what are the type of speeder bike things available in this era? Cause I tried using Wookiepedia and I can't seem to find a type that is during the era of this RP. And I want one for my guy to get around with.

Please somebody answer ASAP so I can get mah next post up! @_@;;

Aesthetically it can look like anything Orion. My ship was from the Empire... though modified. Seiji is not picky like that. I'd say look up one similar to Darth Maul's, or one of the swoops that has a snub nose.

GM POST

How's everyone doing? Everyone have a posting partner/grouping? If not, PLEASE coordinate with other players, or let me know how I can weave you in to the thick of things.

It seems to me the tendrils of plot are spreading out nicely. I'll be stepping up with some official IC GM posts soon. For now, feel free to continue on with your private machinations and socializing! We'll all need to know one another soon, eventually. That is, if you want to interact with each other. ;P

@Orion: Slyen has the gist of it. Find something you like, and describe it. You don't have to be 100% canon, but if it's a specific model or design from the future era, well.. don't CALL it by that! Just make up a name, if you want. "The Chev-Ord V-9o1 cruiser-speeder".

Hello,

I've read through this thread, and through the IC posts that have been made so far, and I'm very interested in joining. I was wondering if I might join as the owner of the Hotel Odyssey? I could see him being the heavyset, middle-aged man type (although not human, I haven't landed on a specific species yet but perhaps a gungan a la Boss Nass), easy to anger, and he would obviously be extremely frustrated with the events of the previous evening (more because his sign was destroyed than anything else XD). I suppose he might enter the conversation with Dieltai and the other two: perhaps he is obsessed with social status and wants to make sure the princess enjoys her stay, and so tries to smarmily suck up to her. Just an initial thought.

Anyway, is it okay if I apply to join as the owner of the hotel, or did you not want someone playing that role/saving it for someone else? If so, I'll post my bio for you to review. Thanks so much!

I'll allow it!

Build him up and join the fray, Dance!

Name:
Zorblax Criik

Middle-aged; perhaps mid-forties in human years

Sex:
Male

Species:
Gungan

Owner and manager of the Hotel Odyssey

Physical Description:
Zorblax is not very tall, perhaps only 5'6" or 5'7" in Imperial measurement, although the tall, cone-shaped hat he wears extends roughly half a foot above the top of his head. He is a rather meaty fellow, which is to say he is quite plump: when he walks, his body tends to jiggle, and so hefty is his structure that he almost seems to waddle about. He has a very large chin, which quivers when he talks, especially when he is angry. His skin is a dark shade of green, with the occasional brown splotch adorning his features. Long, black nails extend from his fingertips, which are occasionally painted in interesting colors as a sign of having money to spare; beautiful rings adorn his pudgy fingers. His teeth are a bright shade of rotten yellow, his nostrils constantly flared. He has large bags under his eyes, both a natural quality of his species and also due to his long hours and stressful job. In sum, Zorblax is a rather aesthetically unpleasing fellow.

Picture:
Bossnass.jpg

Note: As you can see, this is Boss Nass. My character doesn't look exactly like him, but he is a fat Gungan, so I figure this is a good play-by XD

Personality:
There are, essentially, two sides to Zorblax Criik's personality. The first is one that many of his employees encounter, particularly his executive assistant and whoever else happens to be in the room when bad news arrives. This aspect of his personality is dominated by anger, aggression, and vengeance. At work, Zorblax is quick to anger, particularly when things go wrong, and when this happens, you'd best get out of his way, lest the obtuse Gungan bowl you over, physically and verbally. This side of Zorblax will stop at nothing to exact revenge on anybody who even so much as slightly inconveniences him in some way, and there is no telling what he is capable of doing when he is angry. In short, Zorblax is the boss from Hell.

But then there is another side of Zorblax, perhaps the more public side of him. Absolutely obsessed with his own social standing and that of his hotel, Zorblax both loves and craves the finer things in life. Fine drink, beautiful jewelry, powerful friends - Zorblax wants it all. And when he is hob-nobbing amongst the elite, this Gungan is very good at fitting in, perhaps surprisingly so: he can tell a good story, laugh a low-pitched, chortling laugh, and close even the most difficult of business dealings. He still has that same aggressive personality, but it comes out in a different, almost bright sort of way. But those who know him well - or simply those who are more perceptive than most - will see, sooner or later, that this is but a facade, and that the angry, aggressive, vindictive Zorblax is the true Zorblax.

Strengths:
Zorblax is, mentally, as quick as a whip, and is excellent at thinking on his toes (even if he can't see them) - a mastermind of supreme intellect, at least for his species. His sarcasm is world-renowned, as well. He is also a skilled businessman, and always seems to find the best deals and ensure that all negotiations go his way. One doesn't become manager of the finest hotel on all of Illia Station by being naive, after all.

Weaknesses:
Zorblax is, as has been stated several times now, very quick to anger, and this anger sometimes gets the best of him and leads him into trouble. His arrogance and sense of self-entitlement are also foibles of his.

Special Abilities:
None to speak of, which hasn't already been described, other than the fact that he can breathe underwater, not that that comes in handy too often on a space station...

Equipment:
Zorblax doesn't have much equipment, really, for he is not a fighter or a Force user of any kind. More often than not, he can be found walking quickly about the lobby of the Hotel Odyssey with a clipboard, briefcase, or other such business fare, but other than that he has no real need for equipment. Of course, if food counts as equipment, then one might say that Zorblax Criik is positively well-equipped.

Backstory:
Zorblax Criik spent his early years in Otoh Gunga under the waves of the forest planet Naboo. He became a well-known businessman there, but fell into trouble when his obsession with material value led him to close some rather shady business dealings; he ended up in trouble with the law after cheating the city out of millions, and ultimately he was expelled from Otoh Gunga. He quickly left Naboo altogether, travelling from planet to planet for a few years, never very satisfied with where he found himself.

Ultimately, Zorblax ended up on Agea, a planet in a remote star system on the edge of known space. He settled down there with the intention of making a name for himself once again and becoming the successful businessman he had been in the past, but not three years after his arrival, Agea became engulfed in war with Treya. Unable to aid the war effort physically, he joined the effort mentally, putting his mental prowess to good use as a strategic advisor for the Agean military. However, after a few years, when it was becoming very clear that this war was not going to end soon, and with civilian deaths reaching greater heights by the day, Zorblax fled to Illia Station with so many other refugees. He decided he would remain there, even as the war ended, for he saw in these downtrodden people an opportunity to amass great wealth.

And so, Zorblax Criik went into business, starting up the Hotel Odyssey with a business partner he had met soon after arriving at Illia. They went into business together, and together they created what would become the finest hotel on the space station, catering to public officials, royal guests, and anyone else who could afford their amenities. Things soon soured between Zorblax and his business partner, however, and finally the other man left, leaving Zorblax as sole owner and manager of the Hotel Odyssey. After years of travelling great distances and searching relentlessly, the Gungan had finally found a place for himself, a place where he could build his brand and see his dreams of great wealth and celebrity become a reality.

Let me know if everything checks out, or if you'd like me to alter anything, and I'll go ahead and join in!

Is this thing dead?

Or has everyone just kindda forgot it existed?

Don't look at me, I've been waiting for Seiji to post for weeks.