Star wars-y

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spectre

Original poster
Interest check for a Star Wars related roleplay!

It is a time of galactic civil war. After the first great success of the Rebellion against the Galactic Empire, tides are beginning to turn.

The Empire has begun to take the rebellion seriously. No longer just an insignificant terrorist faction, they have begun to increase their awareness.

The Alliance to Restore the Republic, or more widely known as the Rebel Alliance, has picked up intelligence on a supply convoy to be run across a secret trade route toward the galactic core. Having their major resources pooled into larger conflicts- the rebellion has had to recruit volunteer members to undergo a mission to thwart this convoy, and to take anything they can for the Alliance. After the loss of the planet Alderaan- they are going to need all the help they can get.

This is going to be Alternate Universe for sure, taking place during the galactic civil war.

I'm going to be taking some liberties with the canon stuff, and I'm not much of a stat cruncher... So don't be surprised if I don't know a whole lot about the armament of a specific class of star destroyer, etc. :p

To start, I'll be dropping everyone into a super basic 'mission' to get a feel for the roleplay.

The players will create characters who are fairly inexperienced. I'll be pretty flexible on your background, but i'll also have a character sheet that will give you some ideas, of course. There will also be slots for your reason to have joined the rebellion, and some other character building selections.

Sorry all, this is going to be siding with the rebellion- rather than with those lovely imperials. If this first stint goes well, then i'll surely open up the possibility of working with the imperials or whatever. Orrrrr if i get overwhelming response for wanting to play the dark side or imperials, so be it- i can change it up.

The Jedi are alive, but not necessarily 'well'. The Empire is hunting them into extinction still. Quite successfully. But don't let that deter you from creating a rookie 'jedi' hopeful.

Looking for around 4 players. I prefer intermediate posting level. Hoping to start as soon as enough interest is garnered.

If you have questions, please ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt mind playing a youngish Jedi in this.

Welcome! Excellent.

'Jedi' is more or less a loose term, as this is not the republic of old. Force sensitives are generally 'safer' within the rebellion, but are still being hunted relentlessly by the empire. Being force sensitive paints a target on their backs. Most of them are widely untrained, or even completely unaware- but there are a few lucky ones who have found mentors and trainers, etc.

For force sensitives, i'll be allowing 2 very basic force power/s, or one force power with maybe a slight enhancement in it's power [IE: "Move", "Misdirect/Illusion", "Enhance", "Foresight"]. Lightsabers will be fine, as well- just keep in mind all characters are going to be rookies for now.

i'll implement growth- but i want to limit the abilities of the force [for now] to not have to rely upon it's use- and to provide a semblance of balance. That's my mindset at the time being, anyhow.

I've made an rp before that was the start of the rebellion, and a jedi kept herself hidden in it. She was about to become a padawan when the jedi hunt began. So she had very rudimentary skills. Which were slightly focused thanks to a jedi trainer she lived/hid with. He got her out of the temple and got away. So she isn't really a Knight, but she knows the concepts of the force. She had a lightsaber (disassembled almost the whole time) and used a blaster. She had to carry herself like a normal rebellion member, though one of the senators did know about her, and he kept it to himself. So the rp I did before kind of sounds like what you're going for.

Yeah that's fine!

Order 66 was 19 years ago to this rp's timeline. So your character would have been chosen as a padawan at about 10-13 years old or so- likely the same year the order was carried out. Sounds good though!

Looking forward to see if other people gain interest at all. Even if it means everyone's previous or new force sensitives :P.

I'll throw some interest in here, thinking of doing an ex imperial officer who defected after one too many mass murders.

Ohhhh @Dragonslayer Ornstein - love the name first off. Huge 'Souls fan. Ornstein was m favorite. Tried to run a soulslike RP on here and the players slowd to a halt! Anywho, sounds good. Ex imperials would be important for intel!

Status
Not open for further replies.