Star Wars: Whispers of Darkness (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retra.

~Outer Rim
~~Jandoon System
~~~Corva Sector

Elapse_Levi_Hopkins_Ruins_Elevated_Final.jpg

Moments pass as Retra continues to look for the main entrance to the Brizzit city. She knew it would probably be a small crawl space of a door, seeing as how the insectoid race were rather small compared to humanoids. She looked around the ruins and seen that there were dozens of small slits in the walls that she overlooked as windows or makeshift climbing rungs etched in the stone, but really they just may have been tiny doorways for the old civilization. Retra gains a running start and with her adapted gravity pressurized suit and hops along the corner of a ruin wall and places a hand on one of the openings, centering her body around the slit and sliding herself over and into the large area concealed by more stone and etchings on the inside walls. She drops a dozen feet down onto the surface. She was like a walking giant among the minimalized locale.

Boop.

In the distance, a distant separation away, Retra heard the sound of...something. It sounded like crumbling of rocks or a cluster of the ruins falling apart even more than they already were. Her mind instantly took her to the other occupants here on the planet with her. It was a big coincidence, no one EVER came out here, and for her to not be the only one on this entire haunted planet, she knew that it probably had something to do with her, and most definitely something to do with the reason she came here. She activates her avian goggles and scans the area to see no other life signatures. Added the fact her radar hadn't went off yet meant she was in good business. She was pretty high up amid the ruins, looking down into the fields of grass and stone rubble. Not even winged life in the sky. The bleak orange horizon spreads over the ground softly. Using her M.U.D. Retra pulls up a topological schematic of the current ruins she occupied, to see that the ruins spiral down into the earth for about 1.3 miles.

"Well....[sigh] here we go..."

Retra moves back inside the ruins from the upper ledges of the structure and looks down into the vines and pits of what once used to be an entire civilization. The sun beams through the small slits of the ruins, showing golden dust and frays of light down onto the dark pits below. Retra activates her X-Ray vision to see nothing, as expected. She jumps from about three stories up and down onto the hard gravel surface with a silent impact, the force from her Eco-Suit granting her extra sustenance when she hit the ground. She removes her helmet and lets the humid air blow through her hair, closing her eyes and trying to feel the energies of the planets and the universe. Her force starts to radiate and her spirit becomes filled with an inner feel of yearning. Something happened here that left a bunch of unfinished desires. Something that cancelled the Brizzit's society and their function as a race.

Retra walks closer towards the edge and peers down the spiraling structure leading down into the abyss. Scanning the walls, she sees more drawings of insectoid people all flying and carrying items such as foods, trade materials, and smaller youth of their race. No sign of what she was looking for however...

Suddenly something snaps Retra's head around faster than whiplash, a sound. More like a whisper. Like someone or something was calling to her from the pit below. Her heart begins to race as the whispers become more prominent, not in sound but in feeling. She could feel like there were other presences there. The haunted stories seemed much more like reality at this moment. She quietly and slowly draws her Light-Bow and readies it steadily at the descending pit. She remains as quiet as a mouse. She gradually creeps over towards the edge with the bow drawn and lunges her legs to have her balance while peering her torso down into the dark below. Nothing.

"Crap."

Hiara

Hutta, what a wonderful place to be. At least for criminal scum, or anyone looking to get credits by getting their hands dirty. Hiara was here for business reasons, a certain someone paid her a large sum of credits for a smuggler...But just his head. She got the credits she earned, and was now walking among the streets, get ready to go back into her ship, It was time to blow this money off for some new gear, she needed more defenses systems for her ship, and maybe her most trusted dealer could help with her at that moment. Once she came through the doors of the large open hanger, she saw a figure being chased down by some guards. She saw the armor, and knew who it was, he was wanted on several planets, and he was affiliated with a certain Twi who was also wanted. More credits for me... she thought to herself. Once Jason got upon the ship, she shot a tracking device onto the ship, and watched as it flew off.

She ran for her ship while counting to ten "one...two... three... four" She got into the back of her ship, and jumped into the pilot seat, started the thrusters and pulled up the map, it showed a red dot, the dot was the tracking device " Five... six... seven" She fired on the stealth systems. "eight...nine..........Ten!" she fired the thrusters and the ship flew off in the targets position. It went into hyperpace, and so did her ship. She threw on auto pilot, and got out of her seat, and walked back to her armory room, and loaded all of her ammunition, and made she her suit was fully charged. "Hopefully ill get this done soon, then I can go buys some new gear" she sighed.​

((Time skipping because there's not much else I can do for him at the Temple))

The Ebon Hawk

Somewhere close to the Jandoon System

image.jpg

About two hours had passed since Maar last left the Jedi Temple to focus on Master Skywalker's mission, which involved looking for a young Jedi. How was this related in any way to the disturbance in the Force both he and the Jedi Master felt? It just didn't make sense. It was typical for the Force to fluctuate around specific people or events, but after hearing the description of the young woman, Maar suspected she had just as much involvement with the Dark Side of the Force as a Bantha had rolling around in its own dung. Still, he had been specifically asked to search for her, so Maar was forced to oblige. Ahead of him, the barren reaches of space zoomed by as the hyperdrive worked its magic, allowing for the Jedi to travel incredibly distances in a matter of hours. It was still a little tedious to get back and forth between destinations, but really, how could he complain when he was almost instantly moving from the galactic interior to the outer rim?

Soon after his on-board map told him he was about to pass the Jandoon system, Maar switched off the hyperdrive and grabbed the controls, preparing to guide the Hawk down for a nice landing. "Alright little missy... Let's hope you're down there." Maar mumbled to himself before he tilted the control stick downwards, forcing the ship to follow its example. The old but extremely reliable ship turned into a soft nosedive, descending to the planet below with precision. He sailed through the atmosphere rather quickly and watched as the heavy clouds over the planet parted, revealing the heavily forested planet below. "Oh great... Like finding a needle in a haystack." Maar exclaimed once more while he searched for a bare patch to land the Hawk. The ideal landing spot soon appeared to Maar and minutes after, he had entered the coordinates for the spot and established all the landing protocols he required. Standing up from his chair and waving towards his trusty astro droid, R9, Maar made his way out of the Ebon Hawk and climbed down the entrance ramp.

image.jpg

"R9, do a scan for any life signs with sentience in a 100 mile radius of our current position." Maar requested, looking around at the trees before him with a mixture of frustration and annoyance upon his face. Why was he here? Why did Reetra have to be 'found'? Obviously it seemed like she could've taken care of herself... but then again, so many Jedi were lost to the Dark Side of the Force, so getting her away from any potential Sith activity was probably for the best. For some reason, Jandoon seemed to reek of the Dark Side... Maar's natural sensitivity to the energy commonly used by the Sith made him feel uneasy, making the job that much harder. Interrupting his thoughts, R9 beeped and whirred, telling the human in droid-language that there were no identifiable lifeforms with that description nearby. Sighing, Maar adjusted his Lightsabers and waved a hand for R9 to follow him. "Alright, don't worry about it buddy. If you can't find anything, you can't find anything... C'mon R9, let's see if I can sense this girl with the Force. Maybe we'll at least find her ship or something... But I feel like we're going to be here for a while." After he finished speaking, Maar and his astro-droid made their way north of the Hawk, letting the Force guide them. With all the Dark Side energies surrounding them, it would've been easy to locate a Jedi if they were close by. All Maar had to do was get close.

-------

On the other side of Jandoon

"Is everything in place?"

"Yes, my lord. It's just as you said it would be. Seems like this is just what we've been looking for."

"Do not assume anything just yet. We need to be completely sure wether or not it still works for it to be useful to our plans... Test it out for me."

"But my lord, where wou-"

"There is a temple a few miles away from you. It lies within Brizzit City, close to the Capitol building. You should have no troubles getting in and out of the city. Inside the temple, there is a cave absolutely pulsating with energy. Go there and test out what you've found."

"Y-Yes my lord... It will be done."

Reactions: ch0sen1
Jason J. Jaggers
"Well Grekko lets just say that old Zilex won't be missing the payoff from her last shipment of spices," Jason replied laughing after remembering the look on the Hutt's face when he rubbed in that fact after making his get away from the palace. He was rather tired after his latest great escape, but was disturbed as everyone started going off about their lastest payment and deciding on how to spend it and only smilied as he saw them practically bouncing about. "Guys i've told you before the money we get from the jobs is all yours so spend it as you see fit alright," he says laughing at Koyi's and Scales excitement. Jason was a man of simple needs so he let everyone have the main portion of their payments since it was really thanks to them that he's made it this far without dying...that and his extreme run of luck.

Koyi We'Teksa

As everyone circled Jason to collect their portion, forgetting all about how upset they were for the sudden cat and mouse chase and escape they just had, Koyi set her ship to auto and headed out of the control room. "Excuse me boys, but I have to plan a meeting with a few friends of mine from the Techo Union to see what they can snatch for me. Wat might be able to help me find what I want in this system.... Hopefully before you force us to make another unplanned escape."

Giving her boss a smirk, she headed into the lounge room to grab something to drink. Then, headed to her cabin to take a moment to search for the silly foreman of the TU. Before she had a chance to get comfortable, Koyi felt a very unusual sensation rip through her mind and body, almost causing the swift-footed Twi'lek to trip over her own delicate feet. She quickly sat down on her cot, holding her head and taking deep breaths to push back the vertigo.

Something's not...right... Dulsora, run a security scan. It feels as if...

Before she could finish her thoughts, Koyi was up on her feet once more, rushing from her room to find Jason.

"I...I don't know what's going on," she started as soon as she ran into him. "But, I have a sudden feeling that we're not out of the woods just yet." Taking the pilot's seat again, she began to just move, not really paying attention to what she was doing. Her actions were being manipulated by the very Force she constantly regrets and ignores at times. She began to scan the hull of the ship with her monitors, watching the screens before her as Dulsora continued her inner diagnosis, and soon they both spotted the location of ...

"It's some sort of ...tracking device? Wow, and you didn't catch this sooner, Dulsora?" Frantically, Koyi started to scan the atmosphere around them, attempting to find the one who planted the tracker. No one goes through such extents to tag a ship going into hyperdrive, unless they wanted something upon it desperately. "Jason.... I - I don't see any ships on the scanner..." After what her boss just pulled off, Koyi could only assume one of The Hutt was still following them. But, and this is what made the fearless Twi'lek's lekku twitch nervously - the possibility of it being someone else. Jason's a wanted man, but she's wanted as well. They've avoided problems from bounty hunters and such because they've managed to not get into....too much trouble. But Jason...every now and again he just have one of those spontaneous ideas that winds up getting them noticed... int he worse possible way.

"They know....whoever it is, they know who we are..." Those words rushed out of her mouth before she realized it, making Koyi pale.

Dozenda grinned as he took point, putting his blaster pistol away and putting a hand on the hilt of the great blade on his back, he started looking around. Alertly searching for anything living, of value, or both. He uses the follow me signal to Titus and continues walking, he was circling now, keeping an eye out for whatever could have pinged the system. "If this was a Sith ruin wouldn't it have booby-traps or something?" He asks stopping mid-stride and looking back at his comrade, Titus was close behind but staying far enough away that if he needed to he had enough room to hit something trying to sneak up on him. He liked situations like this, searching not just for a potential score but being alert for danger as well, it always felt great.

Retra.

~Outer Rim
~~Jandoon System
~~~Corva Sector

BRZZZYW!

The sound of a piercing light based arrow darts down below to the abyss that Retra was staring at. She watches as the light continues on and on into the void. Finally, about 200 meters below the light dissipates. It was a long drop, but Retra was made for adventures such as these. She sheaths her lightbow and rotates her shoulder blades in preparation to jump 200 meters down into whatever it was that was down there. Inside she was yelling at herself for not developing a topological device that could scan the structure and altitude of areas below, that would make her life a ton easier. The still air almost makes a deadly whisper to Retra as she reluctantly steps close onto the edge of the spiraling hole. At least she didn't have to worry about being tracked by other electronic means, she checked her positioning beacon to see her emulation of her location on Coruscant was still intact, and that her mirror-radar program was still active. With one large sigh, Retra steps off the edge and down into pitch darkness. She falls through the air with gravity pulling her more and more, and when she hits past 100 meters she instantly changes the barometric pressure of the suit to withstand the impact. A huge boom can be heard as she hits the floor of the caverns, dust and the smell of bones prominent.

"Yikes."

She brushed herself off and sustains her pressure back to that of the planet's gravity. She activates her Avian Goggles to night vision and treks through the dark filled spacing. The caverns become really small in perimeter, obviously the Brizzit were a much smaller species. Retra crouches down and moves ahead, squeezing in between the small crevices of jagged rocks and forested sediment. The gap gets even smaller, forcibly having to become prone and crawl her way through the airtight spaces. A small crumble of rocks can be heard that made Retra freeze in her tracks. Out of instinct she starts to thrust forward with haste, only for the light from her helmet to catch a decomposed Brizzit head, complete with hollowed eyes and dry, dead skin.

"Yaagh!!!"

She crawls away from the horrifying sight, brushing against the far wall of the small caverns. She stood to a crouched stance now and pushed onward, looking behind her and all around in mild paranoia. It was silent, too silent, but what else could you expect from a wiped civilization and a haunted planet? Her heart begins to take over her composure as the fear sets in. Adrenaline surges through her in nervousness and caution, one arm on her shoulder in case she had to equip her lightbow fast. And how her nerves were at that moment, she knew it'd probably be best not to take her hands off her weapon. She comes to a halt in the middle of the caves. She could feel something. A stir in the Force. But it wasn't malevolent nor benevolent...it was just there.

"Who's...there? What's there? This is tricky..."

She steps forward gradually and warily until something stops her spirit again. Something was stirring on the inside, but it was something she never felt before. If she had to compare it to anything it would kind of be as if her soul was...

Buzzing.

Jason J. Jaggers
Just as Jason was about to enjoy a nice little rest in the chair Koyi rushed right back in shouting about something being wrong with the ship making him have to open his eyes back up quickly. "Well looks like today is just "Fuck with Jason" day isn't it," he said sitting back up hearing that now they have a tracking device on their ship. Grekko then begins to do a complete 180 going back to how he knew that going after that shipment was a bad idea and started talking about the clear mistakes he had made in going after it. "I know that Grekko now can you please do some prodective like I don't know. FINDING THAT TRACKING DEVICE!" After he shouted that out Grekko just gave in and went to go do a search of the ship while Scales walked up to him asking what he could do, "Just get on the one working gun we still have because I get this small feeling we might be needing it." Scales gave a nod before heading off to his station while Jason pulled Koyi into a hug patting the top of her head, "Its alright kid I promised I would keep you all safe and I meant that. Now what I need you to do is find the nearest planet and land us there so that we can see what our mysterious tag along wants from us."

Dozenda grinned as he took point, putting his blaster pistol away and putting a hand on the hilt of the great blade on his back, he started looking around. Alertly searching for anything living, of value, or both. He uses the follow me signal to Titus and continues walking, he was circling now, keeping an eye out for whatever could have pinged the system. "If this was a Sith ruin wouldn't it have booby-traps or something?" He asks stopping mid-stride and looking back at his comrade, Titus was close behind but staying far enough away that if he needed to he had enough room to hit something trying to sneak up on him. He liked situations like this, searching not just for a potential score but being alert for danger as well, it always felt great.
Titus walked behind his friend, keeping his E-11 drawn but was rather calm, confident that they wouldn't run into much trouble. "If this was a Sith Ruin I think they would be taller and maybe more Jedi like statuary with lightsabers" he commented as they walked through the narrow passage ways. "And I'd expect them to be taller" he said, commenting on the hallways that seemed to have been designed for smaller creatures. Making his way down the corridors with his friend, occasionally checking the Automap that was still updating the surrounding area. At the edge of it, Titus saw there was a strange looking chamber that was wider than most and had far greater depth. Arching a brow underneath the helmet, the former stormtrooper tapped the shoulder of his friend and showed him the location. "There. Seems like a good bet" He said and traced his finger to the fastest way to the chamber.

Letting his Chiss friend keep the lead, Titus got some stuff ready, most prominently the gyro-grapplers. When they were half way or so, the vague echos of a boom came to the two companions. Geth raised his head at the sound. "Think there are others here, Blue?" He asked dismissively as he got the grapplers ready. It would only a few more minutes for them to actually get to the great pit. Handing Dozenda the other grappler, Titus aimed his at the end of the ceiling in their corridor and let it fasten itself so they could finally start to methodically scale down to the bottom. It would just be stupid to just jump down there even if they could survive without the proper climbing gear. No guarantee that there would be a way out from there after all. It would be a slow descent but at least it would be safe.

Koyi We'Teksa

"Scales! It's on the hull of the ship, under the right wing. It's a Rinestone brand; not difficult to remove. Just get the damn thing off quickly." Koyi fidgeted as she stood to flip a few switches, preparing to open the side hatch for Scales to space walk his way to that device. How can she not? If their mysterious tracker was a bounty hunter, then the possibility of getting caught and forced into her old world threatened her, more so than those Hutt guards blasting up her ship. Even though she's still unaccustomed to her new freedoms, she would never give them up to return to what she left behind. Death would come to her first.

Before she could search the map for a decent hiding spot, Jason pulled her into a hug. He could tell what she was thinking, even if she didn't flat out say it. She was scared. "Its alright, kid. I promised I would keep you all safe and I meant that. Now, what I need you to do is find the nearest planet and land us there, so that we can see what our mysterious tag along wants from us."

Koyi frowned, "But wouldn't it be safer to stay in space? If they want their payment for capture, then keeping us alive is a good thing - can't do that by shooting us out of the stars." Already thinking negative, Koyi couldn't help but consider that this stranger is a hunter. Her lekku tips curled and jerked like a cat's tail - frustrated and antsy. "Besides, landing someplace unknown will only give you another opportunity to get us in trouble again."

Status
Not open for further replies.