Star Wars: the Saga Reborn (From "A New Hope" to "Return of the Jedi", rebooting the universe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still looking for people interested? Will we be our own jedi or mainly characters from Star Wars?

Possibly :3

So your position would be kind of like an elite Clone Trooper, but more efficient?

Not really. An elite clone trooper would be more like a mini Rambo in general and would be about the furthest thing from having some ysalamiri. Ysalamiri are these little lizard things that create no no force usage bubbles around them. Singles work for about 10 meters out. Since they aren't that well known and from pretty far out in the boonies, it would have to be a very specialized bounty hunter that took up lucrative jedi hunting for the empire and did the homework necessary to find a method to take on the beings that used to be the kings of the battlefield. To any normal person, this means a whole lot of nothing and the specialization would result in a slightly below average bounty hunter in that sense but against a jedi, you're looking at some of the biggest "oh crap" moments when they get that fish out of water realization that they're at least for the moment just like everybody else.

Obviously recurring enemy, not main cast.

Except for the fact that, yes, It's 10 meter bubble but you'd have to get in close to the Jedi who would most likely be a Master sword's man and with honed muscle control. And, not to mention. The resources needed to track down a Jedi in general and that the secret of the Ysalamiri would then be exposed AS WELL you'd need to be wearing a harness to carry the Ysalamari which may restrict some movement.

Ysalamiri did not actually negate the Force; since all existence was infused with Force energy,[2] this would not be possible. Rather, they projected a bubble inside which users were unable to exert any influence over the Force. A single bubble measured up to 10 meters in diameter; large groups of ysalamiri could extend their collective bubble by kilometers, but only in great numbers.

Things like the Danger Sense would not be overly affected.

I read alot of EU.

And as for not Well Known, they weren't even heard of until Talon Karrde came across them by sear accident.
Not to mention that a Jedi hunter would be easily out of business due to the infrequent rate a jedi was spotted.

No force usage doesn't mean negation, nor does it make a jedi helpless but a fish out of water would be a fairly reasonable analogy in terms of shock and their sudden drop in capability.

I suppose the reasonability depends on just how much the Empire has spare cash to pay for. I was under the impression that that was a lot.

For time of discovery, I vaguely recall Darth Plagueis referencing them but would have to check where.

As for everything else, that's why I said below average bounty hunter in all other fields.

Though the biggest question is, how many Jedi would this Jedi Hunter have on his list of captured/killed bounties? And, especially, how he came across a previously unheard of species of lizards that could negate force powers and how he developed a safe way to extract them from the trees.

Are you still looking for people interested? Will we be our own jedi or mainly characters from Star Wars?

Yeah, we're still looking.

I'm pretty sure the ratio of Jedi-Sith in this RP is 1:2 (Palpatine included, even though he's an NPC), so you can be a Jedi if you want. I'd like to know about the character you had in mind a little more.

And... Holy sheet, you guys discussed all that and I wasn't getting notifications. I mean... Damn.

I tend to go on and on when I join something that catches my interest. Might get a bit overboard and overzelous at times XD

Hell, there was this one rp I began at a different forum and some dicknozzle actually tried to "Convince" me that mando death watch mass produced lightsabers, the Darksaber to be exact. I gave him the metaphorical bitch slap that attempt deserved.

Well on the plus side, we have somebody constantly checking the lore to make sure we all work within its boundaries.

I may just appoint you to CO-GM, mister. You are proving yourself strong in the ways of the force...

I'll take that responsibilty on :) I ain't unfair though. I ain't mean and always try to work with someone. Respect is everything. And I am just gonna prematurely work on and post a CS because I CAN'T HOLD ANY LONGAH!!!!

Nkzg7mq.jpg

(Screenshot taken from Defiance)

Name: Captain Therus Geth
Species: Human
Homeworld: Coruscant
Force-Sensitivity: Yes; No Force Power training but has potential.
Profession: Smuggler with a dash of piracy and bounty hunting when convenient or nothing else is around.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent Military and Piloting expertise and repair. He knows battlefield first aid. He has moderate skills at slicing though he ain't no master hacker and has usually gotten someone better than him like a droid. He is fluent in Basic, Bocce, Huttese, Hapan and Twi'leki and broken Mando'a. He understands a bit of Droidspeak, Jawaese and understands somewhat of Shyriiwook but tends to misunderstand.
Personality: Hotshot. Tends to go by gut feeling over planning though it hasn't lead him astray too often. His main list of concern is his ship, himself, whatever loyal companion he likes and profit and in that order. On his ship, he is the Captain and what he says, goes.
Gear: On person he usually carries two heavy blaster pistols, a DL-18 in a shoulder rig underneath his right arm and an old, scoped and long barrel model at his right hip. The shoulder rig is often hidden by a dark brown leather jacket. He always carries a comlink on hand which tends to be on a wrist bracer that can also launch a fibercord whip. His outfit is usually his jacket, a pair of black pants with a distinct military utility belt, seemingly a repainted stormtrooper belt. Underneath his jacket is a dark red painted chestplate at times when he expects trouble, a repainted and personalized stormtrooper armor.
Other Notable Possessions: One of Three possible Transports (Yet to decide. We'll see). Old and wouldn't hurt to get an overhaul and a pet Vornskyr along with a mouse droid.
Bio: A storm/scout trooper turned smuggler. Will be expanded. Has never been in the presence of Vader/Unnamed Sith.

Though the biggest question is, how many Jedi would this Jedi Hunter have on his list of captured/killed bounties? And, especially, how he came across a previously unheard of species of lizards that could negate force powers and how he developed a safe way to extract them from the trees.

This is a reboot so I assume there is a margin to twist things around. My knowledge of the extended universe is a bit hit and miss so I am sort of probing you for possibilities as much as I am presenting them myself. I think that the most believable case would be an already existing imperial agent under direction of Darth whoeverisupthereandscary that is aware of the ysalamiri and is interested in using this as an application experiment to see if it can have practical application, something that many sith lords have done before. Concerning how to extract them, not my area of expertise. I'd have to look it up to even know how but I imagine that if you went out there long enough with the intention of figuring out how, it wouldn't be that unreasonable to manage. For the kill count, I guess that would depend on how old the project is. Could be new. Could be a project that was started back during the clone wars and tested on more isolated jedi to discern if it could become an effective tool of war against them in which case the kill count would be pretty reasonably high. As for why, I don't think the emperor ever thought that by a long shot they'd get all the jedi in Order 66. There would be plenty left over, enough to possibly cause trouble. If you stamp out the sparks early, you can have a much more complete victory.

Okay I'll get to working on my Jedi idea. I original came up with it when I was like five so I have some editing to do first.

This is a reboot so I assume there is a margin to twist things around. My knowledge of the extended universe is a bit hit and miss so I am sort of probing you for possibilities as much as I am presenting them myself. I think that the most believable case would be an already existing imperial agent under direction of Darth whoeverisupthereandscary that is aware of the ysalamiri and is interested in using this as an application experiment to see if it can have practical application, something that many sith lords have done before. Concerning how to extract them, not my area of expertise. I'd have to look it up to even know how but I imagine that if you went out there long enough with the intention of figuring out how, it wouldn't be that unreasonable to manage. For the kill count, I guess that would depend on how old the project is. Could be new. Could be a project that was started back during the clone wars and tested on more isolated jedi to discern if it could become an effective tool of war against them in which case the kill count would be pretty reasonably high. As for why, I don't think the emperor ever thought that by a long shot they'd get all the jedi in Order 66. There would be plenty left over, enough to possibly cause trouble. If you stamp out the sparks early, you can have a much more complete victory.

Though Sith NEVER used Ysalamari. Why use a weapon that also cripples you? The one who used it was Grand Admiral Thrawn who also stumbled across the information by complete accident. He even says so himself in the Thrawn Trilogy.
Ysalamari grew their talons directly into the trees that they resided and just yanking them off would cause them to die.
And as for how many Jedi that survived the Purge. According to official records, less than 2% of the Jedi Order survived and then were hunted down by Vader and his own team of specialized Stormtroopers who did not use Ysalamari due to their lack of knowledge of them. That would cause that after Order 66 and the following 20 or so years when we hit A New Hope, there are less than 1% or so Jedi left in the Galaxy. If we take into account that there are, at most, 100 Jedi left in the Galaxy that is 100 individuals hiding in the Galaxy, a MASSIVE Galaxy that also feature an Unknown Region where the Republic and the Empire did not expand to enough to even be charted.
What I find weird is, if this Bounty Hunter had even heard of the Ysalamari and found their special ability, he could instead mass a fortune to sell a Ysalamari individually to the Imperials. Not only a safer option but also a far more frequent profit. Not only the Imperials but also individual Crime Syndicates that would LOVE to be hidden from the Jedi and the individual bounty hunters like Boba Fett or Dengar. Why make credits through Dangerous and infrequent means like hunting Jedi which had become so rare that encountering a uncruel Hutt would be more reasonable.

Though that causes the trouble of the fact that now you have given the Galaxy common knowledge of the Ysalamari and a way for many to just utterly cripple the Jedi.

BUT!!! there are plenty of other tactics that people used to hunt Jedi. Many who thought long and hard about it tended to equip themselves with more Slug Throwers than blasters since projectiles from Slug Throwers would only vaporize when blocked by a lightsaber instead of deflected and especially scatter guns and scatter blasters that shoot multiple projectiles instead. Or even Repeating Blasters which are basically LMG and there is no way in hell a Jedi is gonna be deflecting all those blaster bolts. Sonic weapons, explosives, poison, gas and even flamethrowers have proven effective against Jedi and hunting in groups rather than going on alone.

And I am aware that my character has a vornkyr which hails from the same world as Ysalamari. Though my character and the one who domesticated it had no idea about their ability to hunt via the force. Just assumed that it would serve as a nice guard dog.

I'mma be a storm trooper,anyone with me?since I got issue using guns of any kind :c

I'mma be a storm trooper,anyone with me?since I got issue using guns of any kind :c

What do you mean by issue?

Though Sith NEVER used Ysalamari. Why use a weapon that also cripples you? The one who used it was Grand Admiral Thrawn who also stumbled across the information by complete accident. He even says so himself in the Thrawn Trilogy.
Ysalamari grew their talons directly into the trees that they resided and just yanking them off would cause them to die.
And as for how many Jedi that survived the Purge. According to official records, less than 2% of the Jedi Order survived and then were hunted down by Vader and his own team of specialized Stormtroopers who did not use Ysalamari due to their lack of knowledge of them. That would cause that after Order 66 and the following 20 or so years when we hit A New Hope, there are less than 1% or so Jedi left in the Galaxy. If we take into account that there are, at most, 100 Jedi left in the Galaxy that is 100 individuals hiding in the Galaxy, a MASSIVE Galaxy that also feature an Unknown Region where the Republic and the Empire did not expand to enough to even be charted.
What I find weird is, if this Bounty Hunter had even heard of the Ysalamari and found their special ability, he could instead mass a fortune to sell a Ysalamari individually to the Imperials. Not only a safer option but also a far more frequent profit. Not only the Imperials but also individual Crime Syndicates that would LOVE to be hidden from the Jedi and the individual bounty hunters like Boba Fett or Dengar. Why make credits through Dangerous and infrequent means like hunting Jedi which had become so rare that encountering a uncruel Hutt would be more reasonable.

Though that causes the trouble of the fact that now you have given the Galaxy common knowledge of the Ysalamari and a way for many to just utterly cripple the Jedi.

BUT!!! there are plenty of other tactics that people used to hunt Jedi. Many who thought long and hard about it tended to equip themselves with more Slug Throwers than blasters since projectiles from Slug Throwers would only vaporize when blocked by a lightsaber instead of deflected and especially scatter guns and scatter blasters that shoot multiple projectiles instead. Or even Repeating Blasters which are basically LMG and there is no way in hell a Jedi is gonna be deflecting all those blaster bolts. Sonic weapons, explosives, poison, gas and even flamethrowers have proven effective against Jedi and hunting in groups rather than going on alone.

And I am aware that my character has a vornkyr which hails from the same world as Ysalamari. Though my character and the one who domesticated it had no idea about their ability to hunt via the force. Just assumed that it would serve as a nice guard dog.

Summarized:

Star Wars Episode 4: The New and Extremely Long "Special Exposition" Release :3

XD Pretty much. I am a frequent reader of Star Wars and it's lore.

Anyways, time to get back on my own projects around here. Lots of editing to do.

What do you mean by issue?

Summarized:

Star Wars Episode 4: The New and Extremely Long "Special Exposition" Release :3

Since storm troopers always miss their shot,I'd would to be a volunteer tho..I cant propeply shot guns because of its recoil,I dont know about laser gun but since there no one wanna be a Storm Troopers,I want to be one...oh wait..I'mma be Boba Fett that mean a badass assassin

Stormtroopers are actually elite soldiers of the Empire. Hell, my character is an Ex-Stormtrooper.

Their armor is actually the best the empire has to offer to it's military body. Hell, in the first scene of Star Wars IV, we see a team of stormtroopers manage to take on an entire corvette and it's crew with only 3!!! known casualties. 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.