Star Wars: the Saga Reborn (From "A New Hope" to "Return of the Jedi", rebooting the universe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are also Mandos who have a history of Jedi hunting.

Btw, what effects will Cortosis and Beskar have in this reboot setting?

Elaborate on the question. I vaguely remember what those are, but it would just be easier for you to help explain.

Cortosis is a metal used as an alloy mostly in Vibro weapons during the Old republic era. It had a disctinct feature of allowing the weapon to resist lightsaber attacks for a time. Another thing that Cortosis had in other sources that it deactivated the lightsaber but the wielder could ignite it instantly once more or it was deactivated for a few minutes.

Beskar is Mando Iron which UTTERLY resists Lightsaber blades pretty much all handheld blaster bolts. Fucking overpowered piece of mando crap. (I dislike mandos if you haven't noticed)

Yeah. Only thing I would allow for a Mando is their more underpowered armour. If you wanna look like Boba Fett, go ahead. But your armour isn't totally resistant.

But you raise a good point. I'd forgotten about those. Well... I'd say because the Jedi are basically eradicated from the galaxy and only two Sith remain, nobody would really possess those metals/materials because either:

• Palpatine destroyed any and all factories producing the items containing the metals, as well a sending out clones to confiscate the items that had been previously sold

• Nobody wants to have these weapons because they fear Palpatine will see them as a threat and force their immediate excecution.

Well, during the galactic civil war, cortosis was already pretty damn rare. Though Palp's Throne Room was actually alloyed with a crap ton of cortosis weave.

And Beskar was a closely held resource by the Mandos for an obvious reason*

And I don't care about looking like Boba Fett. I'm Han of this group with a pup that can smell jedi a 100 miles away XD

Oh, and an Ex Stormtrooper. He's gonna be an ex stormtrooper

Then you'll be able to smell me pretty good :3

Mando's I will be hesitant on for this, mainly because of how OP they are.

But yeah, I think that we won't have to worry about the metals. As long as the Mando's stay dormant, it should be smooth sailing.

Mando armor is pretty cool, but people tend to dismiss Stormtrooper armor due to the cinematic treatment it got

It's a friggin enviro-suit and slug throwers can barely scratch it unless it's specified armor piercing high caliber rifle or a cannon.
ENVIRO SUIT!!! You can take a stroll on a planet little less cold than Hoth and you'll be fine. It was designed to be worn in just about any situation. It's friggin badass.

Oh, and an Ex Stormtrooper. He's gonna be an ex stormtrooper

Cool. I agree dude, Stormtrooper armour is great.

I'm thinking my guy would be the "supposed" replacement for Palpatine's existing apprentice, but after a series of events he ends up turning against the Empire, making him (and our group) Number 1 on the Galaxy's Most Wanted list.

Being a Jedi in general would make him on the top wanted list of Imperial Space.

So yer character gonna be partial sith with Force Lightning and all that jazz?

Yep: a dangerous combination.

A Sith apprentice trained by Palpatine and his apprentice in the ways of the Sith, but with aspects of the Jedi as well.

I won't make him OP, he won't be like Starkiller and just annihilate anything he sees.

No healing trance for you then XD A far more useful power in my opinion.

He shall still be taught in the ways of the Jedi by some. Palpatine may have even spared some knowledge because hey, what good is an apprentice if he dies?

Jedi Healing Trance is a very Jedi power and the Force is often triggered by the wielder's emotions. Force Lightning is so fueled by emotion which is why it is relatively common Dark Side power. It´s almost the opposite of a healing trance which a Jedi can send other, non-force sensitives individuals to go into. Palpatine reviled the Jedi order, why go into a healing trance when Bacta tanks are so common? Sith are encouraged to embrace primal emotions while Jedi belief is to suppress emotions and be at peace with one self.

Here's a link you might find interesting when it comes to more Dark-Side Force users of the force employing Force Healing
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_healing#Alternate_applications

Hmm, interesting.

I mostly state this because I have come across many Star Wars RP's where a player wants to be sort inbetween Light and Dark side and rather Cherry pick the powers he uses which I totally understand why. Though restrictions, in my experience, make for a much more interesting development.

Oh yeah, totally. Restrictions are essential especially when dealing with Star Wars. Jedi/Sith characters can be painful to moderate without good/reasonable players controlling them.

Yup.

It also bothers me since the Sith and Jedi codes are two very opposite beliefs. The only reason why a Sith would study Jedi teachings is to exploit it against their enemies.

A Sith employing geniune Jedi teaching is like Democrat employing Nazi teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.