Star Wars: The Phantom Menace [Re-visioned]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azuremoon

The following does NOT contain spoilers for, 'Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens'.
Please do not post spoilers for the Force Awakens as not all have seen it.
Including myself. Be nice ;-;

In 1999, the beloved Star Wars series continued! In what was expected to be the next pinnacle of cinema, the long awaited "Episode I: The Phantom Menace" was released!

and, it wasn't exactly what we had all hoped for. In fact, it's debatable that Mr. Lucas might have dementia. Almost everything about the original trilogy was gone, and the one arc we we're all looking forward to (the Rise and Fall of Anakin Skywalker) was a poorly written mess.

but, what if it was re-imagined? With the Force Awakens released, a receiving tons of positive reactions (and our money), what better time to wipe our memories of the prequels with our own head-canon?

What if there was no "Naboo" and, instead, Padme Amidala had been a senate head for the Royal Family of Alderaan?

What if Anakin wasn't a young boy, but a teenager (think Episode 2, Ani) when discovered by Qui-gon Jin? Creating a parallel between him and his son in regards of, 'he's too old'. Or, at least a more realistic one. (It also makes Ani and Padme's relationship less creepy.)

There is a lot of potential here for a great story, I just need help planning a great premise!​

• Love
Reactions: neptune
Ehhhh. Episode 1 was great. Coming from a Real Star Wars fan.

I guess I could join the RP after it is finished, but I have no interest in basically rewriting the first episode because it wasn’t liked.

I love Star Wars, so I would enjoy any Star Wars RP

I greatly enjoyed the prequels, thanks. Have to agree with IamtheecchiKing, though-- no reason to rewrite it. Could always go with Attack of the Clones instead of Phantom Menace, if you want older Anakin.

Anyway, I'd be interested.

I'm actually rather surprised here. It was always my belief (a judgement based on the opinion of myself, and my circles - online or not) that, while the prequels aren't awful, they had so much room for improvement.

Between sloppy writing and unnecessary exposition, it's my belief they could certainly be... better.

With that said, I don't plan to leave the original outline the movie painted! By no means.

It would be more of a... ah, 'special edition', as Lucas would put it that would more or less smooth it out.

They do have room for improvement, certainly. But the hatred is not unanimous: there are plenty of us SW fans who love the prequels as much as the original trilogy.

As long as it's not too fundamentally changed, then you've definitely piqued my interest.

Oh, then, yes! We are on the same page! Qui-gon will discover Anakin (an older Ani) while moving to protect Amidala with his Padawan, Obi-wan Kenobi and such.

Same plot structure, we just flatten out the bumps.

Reactions: Dipper
Status
Not open for further replies.