Star Wars: The Four Swayguns

Pellaeon was a boss.

I... I thought Daala was hot.

apperently the cross guard is becouse the saber is shoddily built, and the tiny energy things on each side is there to vent exess energy.

apperently the cross guard is becouse the saber is shoddily built, and the tiny energy things on each side is there to vent exess energy.
I was thinking it could be a vent of some sort when first looking at it.

You know what, I thought those two side "blades" looked funky. Kind of... jet-fighter exhaust-y!

Right, making a Star Wars chat RP.

We play in a few hours time. :]

Personally, I liked the trailer, it felt closer to star wars then the past three shit movies by George Lucas. Personally the new light saber thing doesn't bother me at all, actually I would have preferred if they introduced a different variety of weapons using that kind of tech. Like when Dark Maul was introduced and had that crazy double bladed staff, that was bad ass, and it kind of makes sense that in a universe with so many different cultures and races not all of them who are force sensitive would prefer the classic saber over whatever weapon their culture identifies with.

I'm pumped for the film, I think the trailer was pretty neat and had some interesting aspects. JJ Abrams has a pretty good track record, and I think he's going to do a good job. Will it be as good as episodes 4,5 and 6? Of course not, but I have high hopes that the movies will get the franchise back on tracks as far as the big screen is concerned.

I'm pumped for the film, I think the trailer was pretty neat and had some interesting aspects. JJ Abrams has a pretty good track record, and I think he's going to do a good job. Will it be as good as episodes 4,5 and 6? Of course not, but I have high hopes that the movies will get the franchise back on tracks as far as the big screen is concerned.
I disagree. I thought that Star Trek 2009 showed that JJ Abrams knew how to get a cast to tap into that old spirit, but all in all the movie was floundering and directionless. And Into Darkness showed that Abrams has absolutely no idea what to do with the Star Trek franchise or how the parts of the franchise interact with one another (For example, Bones is pretty much superfluous). Into Darkness spent half the time trying to rehash Wrath of Khan with some extremely fanfic level changes and the other half of the time was either trying to hide that fact from audiences or distract you from it.

So I'm not real confident that Abrams is the right guy to take over these franchises.

I disagree. I thought that Star Trek 2009 showed that JJ Abrams knew how to get a cast to tap into that old spirit, but all in all the movie was floundering and directionless. And Into Darkness showed that Abrams has absolutely no idea what to do with the Star Trek franchise or how the parts of the franchise interact with one another (For example, Bones is pretty much superfluous). Into Darkness spent half the time trying to rehash Wrath of Khan with some extremely fanfic level changes and the other half of the time was either trying to hide that fact from audiences or distract you from it.

So I'm not real confident that Abrams is the right guy to take over these franchises.
The box office and dvd sales of both Star Trek movies signify that there are a lot of people who disagree with you, enough people to make the reboot a financial success. While I havn't personally seen any of the older Star Trek movies or shows, apart from Generations, I know a number of people who are avid Trek fans and were happy with the reboot. Maybe If I had watched Trek religiously growing up or something I would have been more nit-picky of it, but I personally enjoyed it. So I disagree with your disagreement, I think Abrams has proven he can successfully reboot a franchise. Only time will tell, a minute and a half trailer isn't enough to judge anything off of, but I'm going in with high hopes that it will at least be significantly better then episodes 1, 2 and 3.

If it makes you feel any better, Lawrence Kasdan is writing Episode VII alongside Abrams and Rian Johnson is directing/writing Episode VIII and IX.

The box office and dvd sales of both Star Trek movies signify that there are a lot of people who disagree with you, enough people to make the reboot a financial success. While I havn't personally seen any of the older Star Trek movies or shows, apart from Generations, I know a number of people who are avid Trek fans and were happy with the reboot. Maybe If I had watched Trek religiously growing up or something I would have been more nit-picky of it, but I personally enjoyed it. So I disagree with your disagreement, I think Abrams has proven he can successfully reboot a franchise. Only time will tell, a minute and a half trailer isn't enough to judge anything off of, but I'm going in with high hopes that it will at least be significantly better then episodes 1, 2 and 3.
This seems a little rude. An attempt to brush away my arguments by painting me as being part of the unpleasable grognards. That my observations and opinions don't matter to this discussion. I realize that this may not have been the intent of your words, but I still felt that your response was rather rude.

I also know Trek fans, and I know ones who did not care at all for Star Trek 2009 or Into Darkness. As for myself, I think that 2009 was average so far as Trek movies go, and was hopeful with regards to the Star Trek reboot movie franchise. But while I was initially positive on Into Darkness, the more that I thought on it the more I realized that I had problems with the movie, and that I could no longer call it good. I have seen JJ Abrams direct two films in a reboot series for a classic science fiction franchise, and his performance there has not made me hopeful for Star Wars.

But if we're saying that box office performance is a measure of quality... Critics and audiences savage on the Transformers and yet they perform incredibly well. And, despite everyone panning Episodes I and II for being terrible movies, they both performed well at the box office.

This seems a little rude. An attempt to brush away my arguments by painting me as being part of the unpleasable grognards. That my observations and opinions don't matter to this discussion. I realize that this may not have been the intent of your words, but I still felt that your response was rather rude.

I also know Trek fans, and I know ones who did not care at all for Star Trek 2009 or Into Darkness. As for myself, I think that 2009 was average so far as Trek movies go, and was hopeful with regards to the Star Trek reboot movie franchise. But while I was initially positive on Into Darkness, the more that I thought on it the more I realized that I had problems with the movie, and that I could no longer call it good. I have seen JJ Abrams direct two films in a reboot series for a classic science fiction franchise, and his performance there has not made me hopeful for Star Wars.

But if we're saying that box office performance is a measure of quality... Critics and audiences savage on the Transformers and yet they perform incredibly well. And, despite everyone panning Episodes I and II for being terrible movies, they both performed well at the box office.
I wasn't saying you were unpleasable, and i'm sorry if I was rude. Of course box office success doesn't mean a movie is good or bad, but generally there is a correlation, and I feel that the majority of movie goers probably enjoyed the new Treks by Abrams based off of reviews i've read and well, friends. Really what this boils down to is a matter of opinion.

So am I the only one who hopes that they use the black Stormtrooper to make a certain Space Balls reference? You know which one I'm talking if you've seen the movie and if you haven't, well, guess this goes over your head.

So am I the only one who hopes that they use the black Stormtrooper to make a certain Space Balls reference? You know which one I'm talking if you've seen the movie and if you haven't, well, guess this goes over your head.
If they do, that would be amazing.
The crap was scared out of me the second he popped up and the sudden start of music happened in the trailer though, that's my only complaint about the guy

Honestly, the whole idea in the fandom of Stormtroopers being white bugs me. If you've watched the Clone Wars series, you'll remember that all of the clone troopers we see have more of a Hispanic/Mediterranean skin tone to them which is fairly different to the Northern European skin tone that most people call white. So yeah, Black Stormtrooper, I can dig it.

aW0bZwZ_460sa.gif

• Love
Reactions: Ochalla
Consider me all aboard the hype train, and ready to ride it straight to fanboy city.

Not seen enough of the weird lightsaber with the crossguard/vents or whatever the fuck, but that shot of the X-Wings flying over the water had me.

GET HYPE, SCRUBLORDS. GET HYPE.