Star Wars: The Four Swayguns

I have no idea what the plot is about, but it's Star Wars, so I'm going to stay excited until I see the movie next year. Could it blow, possibly, but considering all the "real fans" have been bitching about the franchise for the last 15 years I'm not going to worry about it.
Real fans being those who only like the first movies. I for one, grew up with episodes 1, ,2 and 3 and I fail to see anything terrible with the movies. People are just pissed because Harrison Ford wasn't in probably.

I got seriously bummed when Disney bought Star Wars and I just know they're going to screw up everything. I'll still watch it and cringe over everything. Most remakes are usually really bad and I can see it for Star Wars. If it makes money, they'll make things for it until everybody hates it.

First thought: This being a teaser trailer, we still have the entire rest of the movie to prove me wrong, but hey, a J.J. Abrams movie without 90% of it being lens flares! PROGRESS!

Also, that new lightsaber couldn't be more edgy if it slit your wrists every time you ignited it, sheesh.

Still, it's not physically possible to make a Star Wars movie as excruciatingly bad as Episode II, so I have moderately low expectations for this one, which is good!

I'm still bummed Lucasfilm decided to just lolretcon everything that wasn't a movie or Clone Wars and Rebels, though; how fucking dare they pretend Kyle Katarn doesn't exist!

Still, it's not physically possible to make a Star Wars movie as excruciatingly bad as Episode II, so I have moderately low expectations for this one, which is good!
Oh come on, I liked that movie :P.

but at least the graphics were nice in the trailer.

Real fans being those who only like the first movies. I for one, grew up with episodes 1, ,2 and 3 and I fail to see anything terrible with the movies. People are just pissed because Harrison Ford wasn't in probably.

I got seriously bummed when Disney bought Star Wars and I just know they're going to screw up everything. I'll still watch it and cringe over everything. Most remakes are usually really bad and I can see it for Star Wars. If it makes money, they'll make things for it until everybody hates it.

Oh great, now we have next genreation "real fans". See here's the thing, if you're in your late twenties or older you were a kid when the orginals came out, hence nostalgia. If you're younger then that the pre-quals hold that same spot.

Have you ever met someone that watched a movie years before reading the book or comic and still enjoy the movie, but the fans of the book will nitpick the movie to death? Star Wars was never "hard science" and shouldn't be taken seriously. It's a fun ride that you're suppose to suspend disbelief while watching.

Oh come on, I liked that movie :P.

but at least the graphics were nice in the trailer.
Then you have a far, far higher tolerance for Hayden Christenson's... I don't even know what the fuck to call it, since it wasn't even remotely acting.

Guys guys guys

We are missing out on the real problem here. The real, hard question!

Why isn't this the ThrawnTrilogy???

Because Star Wars is supposed to be a universal fantasy tale that can appeal to all demographics, not just the ones who read little nerd books in order to feel superior to the unenlightened?

Star Wars is a fantasy with lasers instead of steel, space ships instead of horses, and a Death Star instead of a castle. It's a tale, with more focus on a story than anything else! It's a fun ride, prequel or not.

That said, the prequels weren't that bad, and would have been a hell of a lot better in more capable hands. The script was awful, the Direction terrible, and the over-reliance on CGI special effects really brought it down, but the bare bones of something special was there: a man's downfall to evil over obsession for love.

Oh great, now we have next genreation "real fans". See here's the thing, if you're in your late twenties or older you were a kid when the orginals came out, hence nostalgia. If you're younger then that the pre-quals hold that same spot.
I never said anything about being a "real fan" (though if it were my elementary years I would have claimed so sadly enough).
Then you have a far, far higher tolerance for Hayden Christenson's... I don't even know what the fuck to call it, since it wasn't even remotely acting.
Part of that to do was because I had a serious crush on Hayden Christenson at like, age ten.

This trailer tells me nothing except that there is a Star Wars movie featuring lots of stuff not in space.

That's nice, I'll wait to reserve judgement until there's some actual meat and potatoes on the plate.

EDIT

This is probably bad, but I'm more looking forward to a Pinkett review of this film rather than the film itself.

Found out why the new lightsaber is the way it is!

sJknHZJ.jpg

But the Mandalorian stuff was so good...
No. None of it was good. All of it was fanwanking about how awesome your fake culture is and they're so much better than the Jedi and like perfect and one Mandalorian could kill a billion Jedi and and and and...