Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire

Interested?

• Yes. (pick this for free cookies from Uncle Legens Legentis!)

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No. (pick this to see what the Rancor Pit looks like at the bottom!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ehh, maybe. (do, or do not; there is no try.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legens Legentis

Deus Ex Machina
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. 1-3 posts per week
  4. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, & Romance
star%20wars%20stormtroopers%20fantasy%20art%20atat%20artwork%201360x1360%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_89.jpg

"What I remember about the rise of the Empire is… is how quiet it was. During the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip. We all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word. Not on the flight to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word." -Journal of the 501st

Story (2 BBY):
A dark shadow has fallen across the galaxy. Injustice and tyranny runs amok as the Galactic Empire digs its heels into various systems, stamping out insurrection with sheer brutality. The Clone Wars has finally ended, bringing the much-needed victory after so many years of conflict. The Old Republic is little more than a distant memory to some, better off forgotten for those who lived under its guidance.

As the years go by, most begrudgingly accept the Imperial regime for fear of death or torture. Fear has become the greatest weapon at the Emperor's disposal. Darth Vader and the 501st Legion are responsible for the murder of countless Jedi, and imbalance in the Force brings about further chaos. Alien races are now subject to Imperial xenophobia, slavery, and oftentimes, genocide.

Not all hope is lost, however. A rebellion is rising. While constant propaganda reassures citizens that all is well, the Empire finds itself weakened by the guerrilla tactics of this 'Rebel Alliance'. Deep in their hearts, almost everyone knows that the fighting has only just begun. Two ideologies are pitted against each other. One fights to protect the new order, the other to regain their freedom. A Civil War is approaching.

[spoili]
Name:
Race:
Ability to use The Force:
Personality:
Loyalty (Empire/Rebellion/Neutral):
Appearance:
History:
Extra:[/spoili]

Last edited:
Interested...

I'm interested but I must know, do you want a CS here in this thread? Also I work odd hours around 12:00 am to 5:00 am central time (Unless it's my days off) and as such I post after 5:00 am and wont post after 11:00 am (cause sleep) I need to know if this would present a problem if I were to join up with this RP.

Yo! I'm interested, though I do wonder if you should keep this interest check as more of a 'lets flesh out the idea' sort of thread and then leave character creation until later on? But yea, totally keen!

Yo! I'm interested, though I do wonder if you should keep this interest check as more of a 'lets flesh out the idea' sort of thread and then leave character creation until later on? But yea, totally keen!
Well, that doesn't stop us from fleshing it out here. :3

I'm interested but I must know, do you want a CS here in this thread? Also I work odd hours around 12:00 am to 5:00 am central time (Unless it's my days off) and as such I post after 5:00 am and wont post after 11:00 am (cause sleep) I need to know if this would present a problem if I were to join up with this RP.
At the moment, you don't need a CS in this thread. However, you're welcome to do as you please.

Reactions: SteelMoon
Well, that doesn't stop us from fleshing it out here. :3

At the moment, you don't need a CS in this thread. However, you're welcome to do as you please.
Fair enough. I guess my biggest issue is what is the central element of this story? Like we now understand the back story, but what is sort of the 'catalyst' of this one?

Fair enough. I guess my biggest issue is what is the central element of this story? Like we now understand the back story, but what is sort of the 'catalyst' of this one?
The catalyst, hmm....
When I was first writing this, I originally planned for it to be an alternate reality where Luke Skywalker died in his youth, but then I figured not many people would want the story around that. My next plot involved the transition from Republic to Empire (after Episode III), but then I worried everyone would jump around between the two eras. I'd say the catalyst here might be the formation of the Rebel Alliance (ignoring previous Star Wars lore).

Well if I can go madalorian then i'm in.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dakota K5
The catalyst, hmm....
When I was first writing this, I originally planned for it to be an alternate reality where Luke Skywalker died in his youth, but then I figured not many people would want the story around that. My next plot involved the transition from Republic to Empire (after Episode III), but then I worried everyone would jump around between the two eras. I'd say the catalyst here might be the formation of the Rebel Alliance (ignoring previous Star Wars lore).
I'm sorry... pretty big star wars fan over here. Is it sad that when you said Luke Skywalker died in his youth, my mind jumped to Leia getting trained by Obi Won and Yoda and stuff. Jedi Leia is one of my favorite things.

And when you're talking about formation of the Rebel Alliance, are you going to bring in elements of the ongoing cartoon Star Wars Rebels?

I'm sorry... pretty big star wars fan over here. Is it sad that when you said Luke Skywalker died in his youth, my mind jumped to Leia getting trained by Obi Won and Yoda and stuff. Jedi Leia is one of my favorite things.

And when you're talking about formation of the Rebel Alliance, are you going to bring in elements of the ongoing cartoon Star Wars Rebels?
Much to my great shame, I have not watched Star Wars Rebels. I would be happy to include elements of it, though I doubt I could. Would you like to be co-GM to inform me of extra lore that needs to be added?

Much to my great shame, I have not watched Star Wars Rebels. I would be happy to include elements of it, though I doubt I could. Would you like to be co-GM to inform me of extra lore that needs to be added?
Ummm.... I'm not 100% sure I'd have the time to co-GM. I mean, I'd really need to know where you're going with your story more. Like... it might be easier to diverge quickly from cannon because a lot of things happened 2 BBY. Like... Rouge One territory, Star Wars Rebels territory, Leia spying in the senate, the construction of the Death Star, exactly what the rebellion is up to, and questions about infighting in the Empire itself. There's just a lot of unknown stuff, so it kinda depends on how much you want.

Ummm.... I'm not 100% sure I'd have the time to co-GM. I mean, I'd really need to know where you're going with your story more. Like... it might be easier to diverge quickly from cannon because a lot of things happened 2 BBY. Like... Rouge One territory, Star Wars Rebels territory, Leia spying in the senate, the construction of the Death Star, exactly what the rebellion is up to, and questions about infighting in the Empire itself. There's just a lot of unknown stuff, so it kinda depends on how much you want.
Changes can be made at any time. It might actually be a good idea to diverge from anything canon. If we do go ahead with the Luke's death storyline, I could imagine that Obi-Wan would train Leia as a Jedi much sooner, and thus, the Rebellion might have a quicker start as well. If we take the concept further, perhaps the Jedi Order may even be reconstructed on Tython.

Changes can be made at any time. It might actually be a good idea to diverge from anything canon. If we do go ahead with the Luke's death storyline, I could imagine that Obi-Wan would train Leia as a Jedi much sooner, and thus, the Rebellion might have a quicker start as well. If we take the concept further, perhaps the Jedi Order may even be reconstructed on Tython.
Yeah, that would be really cool, and I also have some thoughts about alternative timelines where Ashoka *SPOILERS FOR REBELS*who we know she survived Order 66 and hasn't been caught by Inquisitors yet*END SPOILERS* was found by Bail and asked to train Leia from an early age on what it meant to be a Jedi because he assumed she'd be force sensitive. I dunno, if that was combined with Luke dying it would make for a pretty interesting alternative timeline. That's of course if people are even interested in playing in that world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Legens Legentis
Alright, may as well try a thread vote.
Aye for using the alternate timeline story, nay for keeping it canon-esque.

@Uncle Legens Legentis How's the ideas going? I'm interested in this rp starting, so I guess this is me poking the thread a little.
You have every right to poke! At the moment I've been more and more fond of trying new story ideas, but whatever the case, it will take place in the Civil War timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.