Star Wars: Ruminations of the Force (IC)

A Soldier
The clonetrooper walked quietly with his charge on his shoulder. He was quiet. Deathly quiet as he walked with the rest of the members of the group, the woman who called herself "twitch" was closer then most though, and she talked to him. She played on the doubts that she couldn't have known he had. If the Republic was gone, his soldiering days were over then. He knew his mission statement, to fight and protect the Republic. IF there was no republic, he was released, free to do as he wished. What then, would his purpose be? What did a soldier do when he didn't have a war to fight?
The strange looks came back to him in that moment. The looks on the platform he had recieved from the guards, and how they had been reluctant to believe the identification he had given them. And why the jedi had almost patronisingly called him over, and told him to keep quiet, which the clone had agreed to, if nothing more then out of habit. While doubts of the theory were still in his mind, he believed, albeit reluctantly, that this was the new state of things. He had to afterall. He was a clone, made to adapt quickly to situations and make his own decisions. So then there were two decisions he made. First, he'd stick with the twi'lek. Jedi or sith, she was something familiar, a token of the past he had apparently left behind. Second, he'd find out what happened to the republic, and make his decision on what to do next based off that. He turned his head slightly to look at twitch while he walked, his face still shielded by his helmet. "My designation is CT-345125, my squad called me Orun though. Explain to me what happened to the republic, and what the commune is."

Aryyn “Twitch” Dox

~Raxus Prime Orbital Station~
Connecting with the Past

The Commune.

The word felt bitter in her mouth, like the name of a traitorous lover, and Aryyn grimaced.

“The Republic still exists, I guess. Technically. But there’s no Senate now; they failed the galaxy ... hell, years ago. The Jedi stepped into the power gap. With good intent at first, probably, but it didn’t last.” Nervously, her eyes shifted to the Twi’lek again. “The Jedi split, with the more fundamental sect taking control. Hardline adherence to their religion. Buncha shit, you ask me. And most of the Galaxy.”

Her gaze shifted from the red hued Twi’lek to a blue one, currently being engaged by the kid. Propositioning her about something; sounded like money was involved, anyway. Touching the knife on her side to regain some confidence in the situation, she continued her conversation.

“Used to work for them, the Commune. Special Ops. Made rank as a captain before- Anyway, they’re no one to mess with. Especially reminding them of those who proceeded them. I’d suggest ditching the gear; common stuff has been upgraded since then, anyway, and your stuff is probably outmoded.”

@conman2163

Collab Post with: @Jason Targaryen & @conman2163

Character Sheet: Star Wars: Ruminations of the Force (Character Thread)Here[/URL]

Mentioned: Everyone

Interactions: Everyone

Outfit: Usual Attire, Dust Mask
[/div]

Although it seemed as if the group had encountered a new member of their little entourage, the next phase of introductions would have to wait as an upbeat voice chimed out from a small building from up ahead. "Hello there, folks! It seems like you are in need of medical assistance!" exclaimed a Medical Droid, who was standing near a sign that read "Medical Clinic". Matiel turned around, flipping himself to face forwards once again as the droid approached the group, aiming a scanner directly at Rin. It started up at her face and quickly moved down her body, allowing the green light that shined from the tip of the device to cover the entirety of her body before it stopped. The droid then pulled back the scanner and examined it for a moment before turning its attention back to the group. "It would seem as if this young specimen has been injured. Well, for the right amount of credits, our services ca--"

"Hey Tin-can," Matiel called out. He had heard the droid's repetitive speech more than enough times to know exactly where it was going, and he wasn't about to spend his afternoon listening to the various overpriced 'deals' the clinic had going on at the moment. "Is Doctor Sura in?"

The droid paused, seemingly taken back by the interruption, but nonetheless, it responded soon after. "Yes, Doctor Sura is working today, but I'm afraid she isn't currently acc--"

"Great, thanks." Matiel quickly added, once again making sure the droid didn't have a chance to finish. He gave the others a quick look and nodded, indicating that they follow after him. With fervor in his step, Matiel guided Rin, Reythaak, and the others, into the medical clinic.

30eab263436ea9032217fe304935135f.jpg

Unlike the exterior, which was emblazoned with numerous garish neon-lights and seemingly worn-out metals, the interior of the medical clinic was surprisingly well-kept and sanitary, though the former was to be expected. After all; what kind of a medical clinic would it be if everything was covered in grime and filth?

The clinic itself was relatively small, only having one room which contained the reception and the examination areas, but there certainly was an abundance of room for everyone to move around freely without feeling cramped. Apart from the group, there were only two additional patients in the room; one was a Trandoshan who appeared to have a broken arm, and the other was a female Omwati, caressing her newborn child. Beside the new mother was another woman; a human with long black hair, dressed in a lab coat. In her hands was a data pad, which seemingly had her full attention. No doubt, the birth certificate for the new born.

With a smile, Matiel called out to her. "Hey doc; got another one for you."

Doctor Yeal Sura let out a small laugh as she finished typing, setting down the data pad on a table near the Omwati's bed as she turned around. "Mr. Ner'va... It's been a while. What've you brought me this time?"

Matiel gently used his free hand to pat Rin on the shoulder, perking his eyebrows as he spoke. "This is Rin. She ran into a couple of ex-boyfriends a little bit ago, came out of it worse for wear. You mind fixing her up?"

"Are you going to pay me for it?"

"I thought it was the civic duty of a medical professional to assist those in need of aid without seeking payment?"

Dr. Sura let out a smile and crossed her arms. "Not when she's owed several hundred credits by the same person asking for 'freebies' whenever he shows his stupid face."

Matiel pouted softly, playing up his angle. "Aw come on, Yeal. I've told you; once I get my ship finished, I'll pay you back in full. Besides; how can you say no to this face?" he asked, smirking at Matiel as he addressed her. Unbeknownst to the rest of the group, minus those proficient in use of the Force, Matiel's fingers were twitching ever-so-slightly as he spoke. It was true that he and the doctor had a history and a friendship of sorts, but every now and again when it came to the well-being of others, it didn't hurt to throw in a little Force Persuasion.

The doctor let out a small sigh and puffed out her cheeks, her hands slowly falling to her sides. "Fine. Ms. Rin, please make your way over to the examination table. Everyone else, you can all wait over there by the seating area."

Matiel nodded and slowly let go of Rin, gesturing for Saro to do the same. The examination table wasn't far from their current position, which would make it easy for Rin to get there on her own. Taking a few steps back, Matiel turned to the rest of the group and tucked his hands into his pockets. "So, what brings you all to Raxus? Hot dates, bounties, or just sight-seeing?"

--------------------

The journey to the clinic was a tad bit of a blur for the young Twi'lek. Fading in and our of paying attention or focusing on her pain. Seemed the bastards had gotten in a good shot on her, judging by the throbbing feeling through her body. Yet, the next thing the red skinned girl knew, she was standing in the clinic. Hearing Matiel go back and forth with the doctor about why she should be looked at for free. The twi'lek gave Matiel a look as he claimed the people she had ran into had been previous boyfriends. As if she would ever deign to become involved with some of them. Giving him an annoyed look, she opted to stay silent for the interaction. As she made her way to the examination table, she cast a look back towards the group, particularly at the boy. Matiel had certainly used the force there, though whether or not he was one she could trust was a question constantly on her mind.

Rin turned her attention towards the good doctor, waiting until the woman came over. "I can tell you what happened. I got shot by those guys who found me earlier. In the leg to be precise, must have been a good shot too." She said quickly to the doctor, hoping to be helpful as she moved the cloak to reveal a part of her red-skinned leg, clearly showing the bandages that the helpful medic had wrapped around her wound.

Dr. Sura nodded at Rin as she spoke and quickly got to work. After sliding on a fresh pair of gloves, she gently grabbed a scanner from the bedside table and analyzed Rin's leg. "Looks like a standard blaster burn. Thankfully it didn't pierce the skin, so it's not too bad. I'll just go grab some Bacta spray; should clear it right up, though it'll sting a little." she said, smiling pleasantly at Rin. Turning around, Dr. Sura headed for some of the cabinets at the far end of the clinic and extracted a small metal canister with a spray nozzle. The basin was transparent and filled with a bright blue bubbling liquid; pure, unrefined Bacta fluid. As anyone in the galaxy would know; this was the good shit. Though many forms of medicinal Bacta were more than capable of healing the most basic of wounds, the products were usually refined through thousands of different procedures and usually lost more of it's potency. However; when it was unrefined, it was capable of healing even the most severe of wounds. Famously, one doctor many years ago was able to regenerate the lost limbs of a war-veteran by submerging him in a tank filled with unrefined Bacta fluid for three months. Though the process was slow; the results were impressive to say the least.

But Dr. Sura only had a small sample of the substance; just enough for the services that her clinic provided. With a wide, kind smile, she approach Rin once more with the canister and rolled back the Twi'lek's leggings so she could clearly view the wound and began to spray the Bacta. At first, the substance would have felt icy cold on her skin, followed by an intense burning sensation, but after another few seconds, it settled down and became a soft, soothing feeling. As the blast burns faded from her skin and the damage repaired itself, Rin would have felt like the sprayed area had just been massaged by the gentlest of hands.

Dr. Sura smiled at Rin and set down the Bacta canister. "Well, that should be all, young Miss."

----------------------

The Clone said nothing as he tossed the unconscious man down in one of the chairs and sat across from him, blaster sat neatly across his lap. He had been quiet after the reply he had received from Twitch. What was he to think? He had no purpose anymore, other than serving himself. No higher calling, no duty. He had been bred a soldier, and now the soldiers had been sent home. Not that he had much of a home, Kamino may have been where he was bred, born, and trained, but he felt no connection to that place. No, his only family, his brothers, were gone. It was a harsh reality to face. He'd carry on though. He'd always had.

As Matiel was talking to the good doctor, he removed the helmet with the golden stripes, placing it on his lap and breathing in air that hadn't been pulled through the extremely efficient breathing filter in his helmet. Not seeing through the electronic display that was built in to the armor. If there was any doubt who he was, it was dispelled now, as the image of a man that was identical to the long dead bounty hunter Jango Fett was revealed. When Matiel returned, he said nothing. His purpose for coming here had been singular, get to the garrison, get transportation back to the war. Now there was now war, and thus no purpose.

The Old man was not so quiet. He had been watching the whole group carefully, absorbing as much as he could about who they were, what kind of people they were, conjecturing about their affiliations, and forming his own theories. It was with a twinkle in his eye that he had recognized that not only was he not the only person here with a force affiliation, but he wasn't the only force warrior as well. The boy had some experience, that was to be certain, but Jek would have been willing to bet that the boy had received very little formal training in the ways of the force. When he felt the ripple of the force persuasion that the boy used on the good doctor, a small grin touched his lips. Then came the boy's question. What was he doing on Raxis? "For her, and possibly you, dear boy." is what he wanted to say. But how could he say such a thing without an explanation? No, it would have to wait until later, until Jek could corner him and the girl and explain who he was, the drive he had felt, and what he felt was his destiny to teach these two young force sensitives. He could of course, hint at it though. "I'm certain we all have our reasons, but I came here looking for someone myself."

-------------------

Though Matiel had noticed just how upset the Clone Trooper had become after realizing the Republic had fallen, he knew his words would have little reassurance on him. The Clone Wars were an incredibly dark period of time for the Republic and for the Galaxy as a whole; how could one expect to just simply move on from that when they had lived it first hand?

But to offer some condolences, Matiel walked over to the Trooper and cleared his throat. "You know, just because the war is over doesn't mean you can't still do what's right. There's a lot of people in this galaxy who need help... Maybe people who even still long for the days of the Republic. Personally... I'm a little old fashioned myself. I don't know much about the Clone Wars, but my grandfather fought with the Republic. He used to sing the praises of the Clones, especially those in the 501st and the 212th... Said they saved his life on more than one occasion." he explained, offering the clone a kind smile. Matiel knew it may not have meant much to Orun, if anything at all, but something in his gut told him that he should at least try. He and the Clone had something in common; they were both outcasts in the eyes of the Commune and, if they weren't careful, they'd both be hunted down.

But turning his attention to Jek as he spoke, Matiel smiled as the older man, his eyes perking with interest. "Well that might be a bit tough, considering how busy this station is. Lot of people come through here on a minutely-basis. Though, if they're planet-side, that might be a bit more feasible..." Matiel said, trailing off as he thought of possible solutions to Jek's problem.

But he shook his head, flashing that 'Matiel smile' to him. "Well, I'm sure whatever happens, it'll all work out for you. But if you need any assistance, I might know of a way to help your search go a little smoother. I'm building a shi--."

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! This is an emergency broadcast to everyone aboard the Raxus Prime Orbital Station!

Matiel paused, his eyes glancing towards the nearest intercom speaker with curiosity. The speaker sounded more uneasy then the usual monotonic voice; likely it was a humanoid rather than a droid who had taken the helm. What was all the hubbub?

To all visitors with ships in Docking Bay Sigma-9; the docking bay has been raided by the Jaai-Suhn Gang! Repeat; the docking bay has been raided by the Jaai-Suhn Gang. Any ships stored there have been taken. We are currently working to locate the stolen vessels, so your patience is appreciated, but we once again ask you to report any suspicious activity to an Officer. This concludes our emergency broadcast."

Puffing out his cheeks with a grimace, Matiel felt his body stiffen up at the announcement . "Awh, that's rough..." he groaned, turning to the others. "The Jaai-Suhn are scrappers; they make a killing here with all the ships that come through, but usually security is too tight for them to break through."

Matiel softly shoved his hands into his pockets, shrugging. "Folk's who got their ships stolen rarely get them back. Security doesn't care about it if it's off the station, and those Junkers are likely half-way across the Galaxy by now. Hope none of you were parked there, otherwise... You're kind of stranded."

Shifting Priorities

She hadn’t followed them inside the medic station; it was too much like a bad place to be, with only one readily apparent path in or out. If anyone had asked, she’d have brushed away the question, muttering something about Watching the hallway for more gang members. Instead, Aryyn leaned against the wall just outside, arms crossed in impatient frustration. What was she even doing here anymore? Well, not here; she knew why she was on this damned station. Her lip curled as she considered her damaged ship sitting worthlessly in the docking bay. So close to getting back into open space. So close to the next security gig.

In listless columns of shuffling feet, a steady stream of people filed up and down the hallway, some in more of a hurry than others, but all moving deliberately, eyes forward toward their goal, weaving effortlessly around strangers. Her own gaze scanning them habitually, Aryyn pushed down the envy, shifting uncomfortably. Each one knew where they were headed; each one had apparently purpose. Memories of her time with the Commune and the purpose it’d given her intruded into her observations, and she sighed uncharacteristically.

But the cramped metal walls echoed with a fearful warning, and Aryyn joined the crowd in pausing to listen to the uncharacteristically emotional announcement. Cursed filtered through the crowd, accompanied by shouts of anger and even desperation at the restriction of movement the tight crowd enforced. Aryyn’s voice joined them; damaged or no, nobody did her like that. These Jaai-Suhn gundark-bitches would not get away with this.

She poked her head inside the large room just in time to hear Matiel’s last remark. Her stomach was twisting into knots, and she was beginning to see red.

“‘Stranded’, my ass! I’m headed to the bay now! Any of those Jaai-Suhn bastards still there, they’re getting my knife!”

The panic was setting in. Her ship was her life; everything that belonged to her was stored within. It was her means of feeding herself. It was her ticket to freedom; literally, as it was the same ship she’d defected from the Commune in. To even consider that it might be gone-

►Sabreth/Saro Zen◄
►Location: Raxus Prime Orbital Station
►Interactions: Sitting in the Medical Center

The orange Togruta released Rin carefully, stepping off to the side and watching Dr. Sura for several moments. She definitely seemed more use to dealing with the live sorts, especially judging by the Omwati she’d been with. She wandered her way over to the seating area without much delay, setting her satchel on the floor next to a seat and flopping down herself, stretching out and definitely looking like a much younger Togruta than she was. She tilted her head to the side slightly at Matiel’s question.

”Work,” she supplied simply, ”The last place I was doing medical for decided they didn’t much need me anymore, so I was doing some translation work while looking for a new place to do my medical business out of.”

It had been a while since Saro had been doing any medical examining, but the story was (pretty much) true. It couldn’t be her fault if someone were to think that she was talking a lot more recently than she was.

The clone drew her attention once again. Her lips twisted to a very slight smile, and for a moment, she found herself wishing she were in a position to tell Orun she remembered his war. She had been around then too, and that might have been at least some comfort to the soldier. Someone to reminisce with, at least slightly, who had been alive at the time. She shook her head slightly; no. That would be dangerous.

Then again. A good chunk of these folks seem to be hiding little things that might be dangerous… she reflected. Force users were in probably more danger than herself.

The intercom drew Saro from her thoughts, and a slight smile crept onto her features. If Rix was still on the station, and I think he was, he totally deserved having his ship jacked. Karma was a pleasant force, to Saro.

”I was stranded here already,” was her simple reply, a little shrug with her words, ”My previous employer decided he didn’t want to give me a lift back to anywhere a little more civilized after he finished his job here.” She rolled her eyes.

►Brin' Shak' Teska/Rin◄
►Location: Raxus Prime Orbital Station
►Interactions: Medical Center

Her wounds now being patched up by the good doctor, Rin let out a small sigh of relief as the bacta did its work and her pain in her leg slowly started to fade. The red-skinned Twi'lek allowed herself a rather pleasant smile as she looked towards the doctor and offered thanks. "Thanks, really. It was kind of starting to hurt after putting pressure on it and just kinda leaving it there, you know?" Rin asked the woman. Followed by some idle conversation, she was eventually allowed up to return to her group of friends. As she made her way over to them, the girl allowed her eyes to close for a moment as she instead focused on feeling where everybody was. Her presence in the force was weak, as was her skill in using it. Still, it was good practice to her to get familiar with everybody's presence in the force. At least, that way she knew where they were if she was worried about somebody else coming after her. Opening her eyes she arrived at the group just as the Torguta spoke up about work. The Twi'lek wore a slight look of confusion as it was rather clear she hadn't heard the conversation up until that point. However before she could even think to ask what all was going on, the intercom suddenly interrupted the group rather loudly. For once it sounded like an actual person on the other end of the intercom, and not some droid. A fact that Rin found a little interesting given the whole situation. As it spoke about the gang that had stolen everything from the hangar, Rin's expression changed slightly as did her imprint in the force. Obviously a bit intimidated by the identity of those who stole it, her face likely would've gone pale if it could from that announcement.

Her hand dipped into her cloak, clutching onto the object stowed away inside of it. A rare part for improving blaster accuracy and range, current military grade at that. Truly some top-of-the-line stuff, and it certainly was the opposite of cheap. The gang now raiding the station had been trying to buy that off a rival gang for a rather lump sum of money, likely to help themselves in gang wars or trying to dominate poor citizens if she had to guess. However, she and her master had personally seen to that not coming to fruition. In the process, Rin had stolen the part with the intention of selling it or using it in her own weapon. Then, of course, there had been the whole stealing their bosses' ship and having it shot out from under her. With all that, she somewhat wondered if her actions had caused enough of a loss for the gang to actually go ahead and raid the station. The girl certainly hoped not, she would never be able to live with herself if that happened. As she thought this, the girl heard Aryyn calling into the medical center about off towards the bay. Immediately the girl wheeled around at the thought of going to fight these people.

"You're going to go fight them? How!? They have all the ships there, they could fire on you with those and just end up doing damage to the station!" Rin argued witht he woman, thinking her own experience with the tendency towards violence that this particular gang had spoke volumes. Although if she thought about it in the mind of a power-hungry gangster, she supposed it did make sense. If they couldn't have it, why should they let anybody else? For some reason, the girl thought that this rule would apply to damaging part of the station for the sake of keeping a few stolen ships. Looking towards the other woman, the Twi'lek stood her ground on the subject. "Maybe you can track down your ship later? Afterall, they're a local gang so I bet they're either going back down to the surface or..." She said before trailing off as she looked at the datapad on her wrist. "If this station tracks outgoing traffic, and you get me to somewhere I can patch in, I might be able to track your ship." The Twi'lek suggested, figuring being helpful towards the big person who clearly knew how to fight was in her best of interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • According to Plan
Reactions: Red Thunder
Forget About It.
Jek's eyes twinkled at the solution offered by the young man. He chuckled and leaned back in his chair, tapping the side of his nose knowingly. "Oh no, I think i've already found them, thanks to this commotion." He looked quite pleased at the unfolding of events, and in truth, he was. "Perhaps if you stick around long enough, i'll tell you just why it is I came here to find them though." His eyes cast over to the trooper of the 212th sitting in the chair, looking as though he was lost in his own head, only nodding in response to Matiel's offered words of comfort. No doubt he was thinking back to days long past, when his brothers fought side by side bravely, led by jedi generals into many battles. Jek wondered what sort of circumstances had lead the clone to this point and time. Just how was it that he had survived this long unaged?

It was then that the human voice interrupted his voice, broadcasted over the intercom. Pirates, a raider gang that stole ships to scrap them, had taken all the ships away in the docking bay he had come in on, not that it mattered to him. He had enough credits saved to buy his way to any planet at any price several times over. There wasn't anything to worry about. He had heard the name of the gang on the way in, but it wasn't like Jek had been worried. The man had always trusted in the force to guide him. Jek folded his hands in his lap and looked to Twitch. "I would advise against it. It seems that if any ships were taken they are long gone now, and no doubt the station security is swarming in the docking bay at this moment. Better to devote our energy to finding a solution to the predicament I assume that everyone in this room must be in."
Jek crossed his arms and then looked at the Togruta. "Perhaps I could purchase your services for a while? I have plenty of credits to pay you, and as it seems that I might be here a while, It would be useful to have a good translator on hand." Money was no object in this scenario, he had no doubt he could afford her services with his funds. He turned his head towards Twitch. "I might extend the offer to you as well, Ms. Twitch, since you seem to be quite the capable guard. I am an old man after all, it would be good to have a capable protector around." That was of course, assuming the woman didn't run off to try and get her ship back. Then he turned his head to the clone, the poor, pitiful soul who seemed to have no direction at the moment. "The same goes for you as well, Orun, it'd be a welcome relief to have a skilled soldier there to keep watch."

The clone looked up at the offer. It was an opportunity, a direction to follow. He picked his helmet up and slid it onto his head, concealing his face behind the dark visor and white armor once again. Becoming a faceless soldier. "Very well, i'll accept you're offer." He replied, the audio fed through a microphone coming out of his helmet. There was no reluctance in his voice, just resolve. The resolve of a man who had found a path to a new direction. The resolve of a soldier.

Cooler Heads

She had paused in the doorway as soon as Rin began offering objections to her plan of attack. In spite of the fear that accompanied losing her whole lot, Aryyn lingered in the doorway. The twi’lik’s proposal was better considered, and as the old man pointed out immediate thereafter, it was likely her beautiful ship had long since departed. Or rather, had been ripped viciously from the bay; in the condition she had left it, Aryyn knew that no one was flying the thing away.

Station security didn’t concern her; she’d done nothing wrong yet, and was reasonably confident that she wouldn’t be tied back to any such indiscretions committed elsewhere. Yet, with these people, she had some vague if particularly weak history: though it doesn’t create true trust, being in a fight with an unknown ally does engender some empathy.

Particularly if one of them is paying for it.

Sighing, and feeling in no small way that she was abandoning her old life, Aryyn stepped fully into medical, nodding at the old man in acceptance of the job offer.

“I’m still going to need to hunt down my ship; I don’t need the Commune finding any link to me. But yeah, I’ll be your bodyguard, old timer. And Rin!” She flashed the twi’lik a welcoming if somewhat predatory smile. “If you can work that miracle, I can make it worth your while.”