Star Wars Fandom RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If he is, it's not my job to monitor it. That's for the officials. If he gets in trouble, I'll shoot him, alright." Rhogar replied, as he took off from the hangar, and flew toward Tatooine. He made sure to kick his ship to move as fast as it could, he never liked being cooped up, even if it was his own vessel. Besides, he had a rather large bounty to collect, so he couldn't really wait to get to the planet.

As Annyr mentioned the word "Rakatans," Yun seemed distant. "Then your people are wise, Annyr and I will take that lesson to heart. Thank you." While he didn't say it, Yun thought that if he never saw a flesh raider or Rakatan again, it would have been too soon. The one good thing about being in this era; the Infinite Empire had fallen, at least. They were a scourge upon the galaxy, a race whose hubris brought about their own destruction, just as his order did not long after. Sighing softly, Ohn sheathed the blade and the soft ringing of songsteel died down. This brought him all back to the situation at hand, instead of being lost in reflection. Arla seemed to dislike using the blaster carbine, a sentiment that the mercenary could relate to. He wasn't a fool, he knew that firearms were a useful, powerful weapon in the right hands....just not in his. Therefore, from this point on, he wasn't really in any position to give advice about using blasters. Yun was more likely to hit someone by throwing the gun, rather than shooting it.

The mercenary was surprised to find that Annyr offered for Arla to use his gaderffii. While Yun did not know much about the tusken, Ohn knew that giving your gaderffi for another to use, would have been the equivalent of Yun, letting someone else use Ali'yha....it was definitely surprising. "One side for bludgeoning, one side for hacking and slashing. A versatile melee weapon indeed." Still, he kept his surprise to himself. All things considered, a melee weapon was better suited Arla, than the carbine did. Though, perhaps she would fare better if she had blaster pistols, rather than a carbine. Just as he thought that, the owner of their current mode of transportation, appeared and offered Arla a blaster pistol. Her lithe, graceful form, was better suited to the mobility of a blaster pistol, than the restricting carbine. "Excellent choice. And, also, thank you for having Z-3 and myself along for the ride. I am Yun Ohn." The merc said as he bowed his head in greeting toward the smuggler. The Je'daii swore that he'd worked with him before, as Brylan seemed to be the sort that you just don't forget.

-----------

Meanwhile, Z-3 was near the cockpit, receiving the answers that he desired to his earlier query. The droid was hesitant about being examined, but he was the type that needed his questions answered, when they were asked. Therefore, he had to give, before he could get. He only hoped that Grek would be able to contain her excitement to a reasonable level. Especially near his vocabulator and behavior core, the two things he valued the most in his hodgepodge of mechanical bits, composing his central frame. "Thank you for the compliment. Though if I may be so bold, your piloting skills were quite impressive as well. To ride the force of the shockwave as we escaped into hyperspace, it was remarkable!" The droid purposefully avoided the comment he'd heard Grek mentioning about his creator. Unfortunately, even Master Yun Ohn was unable to retrieve such information from the droid. Z-3 was programmed to never mention any significant details about his creator, or his central processing unit. He was even gifted with the ability to lie. Of course, Z-3 was not lying when he promised that Grek could take a look at his inner mechanical workings. She had answered his questions and upheld her end of the bargain, so he simply hoped that she wouldn't go too crazy with the plasma welder and hydrospanner.

"Bad. Stick that throw light better than-" Arla began and then realized that she was using the term stick for both items, the gaffi stick and the rifle. "If this," she added, pointing at the gaffi stick, "could throw light it would be very good."

Picking up the smaller light stick that the sky boat master offered Arla tested the weight. Arla understood the smaller light stick at least and she considered how best to use it. A little light to make a decent club when spun backwards in the palm but not bad. While Annyr's stick being able to throw light would be awesome she could see the usefulness in something small like a pistol. She could see the battlefield, move through it more easily, and it still left her limbs unencumbered. With a shorter blade like the one Yun bore she could move fast and throw light in the same movement.

Annyr walked over to arlas cautiously so she didn't shoot him "I understand your point, may I" he said pointing at the gaffi slowly picking it up he took a few steps back and pressed a switch she missed during her earlier examination, which launched the blade into the air which he caught in his left hand leaving the spiked club in his right "I modified it a little, I like the staff portion but I like to split to a blade or a club" he explained when he received curious looks

"No problem man just glad to have gotten off of that ship and to be honest that was one of the least eventful escapes i've been through," Brylan replied to Yun while sealing back up the crate having trouble deciding on whether or not to keep these weapons or sell them. He sighed turning back around and looked outside and saw that a planet was in view finally and pressed a button to activate the intercom in the pilot seat. "Hey G we're near Tatooine so stop geeking out and fly us in okay." After that he went to go and check out a work bench placed nearby and opened up a drawer and pulled out his two favorite blasters and started giving them check overs.

"Oh that whole thing it was pretty simple just like flying through you first asteriod belt as my father always used to say," Grek replied inspecticing him from different angles but made sure not to touch anything since that would have been rather rude. After a while she was broken out of her trance as Brylan told her to fly them into dock on the nearby planet which made her slightly upset that her time with Z-3 would have to be cut shortm but they did need to re-supply soon. "Got it B bringing her down now," she replied after a while before taking the ship down towards the planets surface.

Sahren, after returning to the Heart of the Fire and securing their recent prize, now sat in a local cantina. Picking through a plate of some sort of fried eels, which she'd been assured was a great accompaniment to the ale which she was imbibing, she watched the locals, seeking some sign any of them might want to hire a captain and ship. As a smuggler she was excellent, with Riot as her co-pilot spoofing the local sensor nets and providing false signals she wasn't just excellent- She was extraordinary.

Pushing aside the fried snake, she tucked some curls behind her ear. She'd removed her mandalorian mask before entering the establishment, leaving only the magnetic circlet upon her brow. It resided below her armpit, inside her leather jacket tucked away into a special pocket right next to her heavy blaster. The circlet made some look at her oddly as such things were normally worn by those who were royalty in some way like many of the republic senators of old. Her small figure and striking looks at already attracted some of the wrong sort of interest and she'd had to wave off some fools who didn't seem to recognize the leather jacket and work fatigues. A quick flipping open of her leather jacket to reveal the blaster was enough to send them scurrying for the most part.

"I've got some possible jobs here," Riot said through Sahren headset, "We've got a heist possibility. That could be interesting."

Riot was back at the ship, searching the holonet for legitimate and illegitimate means of earning some credits. Apparently she didn't see the point in sitting in a bar drinking spirits and looking for jobs the old fashioned way.

"We'd need a crew, a decent crew, for a heist," Sahren pointed out, "we'd probably end up needing a confidence person, an electronics expert, and probably some more muscle for that one."

"We could ask your 'dad'," Riot suggested.

"No... I don't want to ask that old pirate," Sahren countered, "He'd want us to join his growing pirate fleet. Blowing up airlocks and casual murder for cargo wasn't my thing before and it isn't now."

"What's it like?"

"What's what like?"

"Blasting someone."

Sahren paused at that one and pursed her lips. It wasn't something she liked to think about. Riot was a slicer. Generally she manipulated files and managed to get others to resolve her difficulties. Running around with a blaster wasn't something she'd ever done. In fact, she wasn't even sure Riot even owned a blaster.

"In truth, every person you ask will tell you something different," Sahren replied, "I try not to think about it. Mostly I just feel relief that I'm still alive, that my friends and those with me are still alive. I don't think about the people I blasted until later. Sometimes I wonder if he had a family, if he has a wife or a girlfriend who will miss him. Then I try not to think about it any more but that leads to more worry. What if I stop caring? Shouldn't I feel something? Aren't I supposed to be more than an assassin droid?

"I don't know Riot. Generally I guess the important thing is that you think about it and so long as it troubles you then you're still human. It's when you stop thinking about it... or worse, start to enjoy it that it gets bad. You do it because you have to."

"Sounds really complicated."

"It is and it isn't. I mean, you can't think about it at the time and generally you don't regret having to do it because you're just glad it's not you laying on the floor. I guess it's just that you wish that he or she hadn't made you kill them, or that circumstances didn't make you or that you could have found another way without the killing."

"Yeah, definitely complicated. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, I'm reading something on the Jedi. They were some stone cold killers."

"More conspiracy theories?"

"Nothing like the Jedi building a clone army to conquer the Republic. Just generally fascinating stuff. Like why they use lightsabers. They're weapons of fear that did nothing but maim or kill. If they were "Protectors of the Peace and purveyors of justice" why not carry a stun baton or use a stun blaster or something and reserve the laser sword for protection?"

"You make a good point," Sahren had to admit, "but then maybe they just expected people to surrender?"

"The Empire, the Hutts and even the Black Sun have expected you to surrender at times. Have you?"

"Well... no... I thought I had a chance and most of the time it was pretty good."

"Yes and you've got a guy with a laser sword. Maybe you could run away?"

"Yeah... good point. Their job would be much easier without lightsabers or at least having them as backup."

"See, they're evil. The laser sword is just a tool of terror."

Sahren couldn't help but shrug. Even though Riot couldn't see it. That pink and purple haired girl had some decidedly strange notions at times.

"It always boils down to the Jedi being evil with you doesn't it?"

Giving upper meditation and talking to the others annyr settled for looking out the transparasteel, that separated them from the vacuum of space, to his home planet talking mostly to himself "been about 5 years since I've left and coming back is one thing I didn't think to do for some time"

------------------------------------------

231521 sat in a corner booth in the mos eisley cantina with what was left of a bottle of tarisian brandy that had been forgotten about for some time of course over 4,000 years isn't just some time surprisingly it tasted better than other drinks he'd had his helmet atop the table next to the drink and his blaster rifle propped up in the seat next to him lost in thought he hardly noticed anything happening in the cantina but he kept a close eye on the blond in the leather jacket on the far side of the building there were several times he'd seen someone walk up to her only to almost scurry away meaning she was armed and more than likely a smuggler from her casual slouch to the way she eyed the patrons he figured she was between jobs he was half tempted to hire her to get a few playthings from the empire but he couldn't do so on promises of money and other rewards so he sat back and waited

Last edited by a moderator:
Stormtrooper? The chestnut haired small woman was momentarily puzzled and had to remind herself to to pay too much attention or invite trouble. Not that she wasn't the only one looking. Stromtroopers most often moved in groups to avoid being set upon by the populace. Then there was the fact he wasn't in sand trooper armour. It was above grade that much she was certain of. He couldn't be Imperial Intelligence. They'd not wear any of the regalia. It made her wonder if he was a bounty hunter but then he'd have to be a damn good one to risk the death penalty for wearing that armour.

"Riot," Sahren said into her comm, "I've got a troop-"

"I saw him while you were checking him out. I don't think he's date worthy."

"That's not what I-"

"I know what you meant. There's no significant uptick in Imperial comms traffic that I can pick up. Thankfully he's broken regs and had taken off his helmet in public. I should have some facial recognition in a few ticks. The local network is a joke, nothing like the one on Coruscant."

There was a long silence while Riot worked and Sahren took the opportunity to take a long swig from her ale. She'd have preferred something harder but one didn't drink that sort of thing in a dive like this. The last thing you wanted to be was slow on the draw in this sort of establishment.

"I have nothing," Riot finally stated, "which means he's probably not with the local militia. He could have outrun the holonet packet service but that would indicate something special, not a typical slow troop transfer."

"So he's either a bounty hunting badass or an Imperial badass leaving us back to square one. Just what is he?"

"You could walk over and ask."

"Oh yes Riot," she replied, "Let me just walk over there and ask him if he wants to collect the bounty on my head."

Despite the words of her men, Kandosii spent her time next to the body of her passed love. She'd already broken down and wept a few times, but now her tears had left her. She'd already laid her head on her love's stomach and kissed her lips and now, she just meditated.

At first, she just meditated on emptiness and despair. Then, like a weed, she mediated on the conflicting feelings of revenge and gentleness. On hate and acceptance. Should she avenge the slight against her? Or should she just put her lover to rest? The woman had once told her that there was no greater feast than revenge for the dark side of the force. But she knew that such an offense could never go unanswered.

Likewise, there was the Bounty Hunter. While she agreed to discuss terms and whatnot, she didn't want to fight him. She wasn't afraid of him or his legend, but she didn't underestimate the man either. It was very odd though, as he still pursued her bounty even though they were kin. From what she'd researched and vaguely remembered, they shouldn't fight. She made a mental note to ask him about his clan.

She eventually resigned herself to some air and left her love's body in the care if her remaining men. She wandered around aimlessly until she came upon the group from before. She settled just inside of the door to just listen to them. It was all that she figured she had the strength for.

Annyr caught a slight shift, though he couldnt explain it, when he turned from the window he saw kandosii standing in the doorway, he wanted to express his condolences and share in her greivances but he kept his distance he just put a fist over his heart and bowed to her hoping it wasnt an insult.

--------------------------------

231521 knew caught glimpses of the blond smuggler stealing glance at him seeming like she was afraid he might try to arrest her but he kept his distance as he watched now knowing she say him he saw her talking seemingly to herself but he assumed that she had an earpiece communicator on her next glance over he offered up the bottle of tarisian brandy in hopes he could lure her over so they could discuss the business he wanted to do and he hoped she would accept if not he´d have to search for another until he found one crazy enough to assist in pulling it off

That something was going down was obvious when the storm trooper called over the twi'lek slave serving drinks to the tables. Sahren played it coy, sitting back and observing out of the corner of her eye instead of looking at anyone directly. In truth, she was expecting something else, anything else but certainly not a bottle of fine spirits.

"Courtesy of the storm trooper," the twi'lek slave said as she set the tray and bottle down, lowered her head and withdrew.

This also was decidedly odd and Sahren ran her fingers through her long dark brown curls. The offer of brandy was an open invitation and refusing it would be rather rude. She tapped her fingers against the table and then, finally, curiosity got the better of her. She just had to know who had the audacity to wear trooper armour and risk being shot on sight. There was also the question of what just such a rogue would want.

Standing up she checked the ride of the leather holster on her hip, it's leather loop already having been unfastened before even entering the establishment in case she had to quick draw. Grasping the neck of the brandy bottle with her off hand she quickly crossed the room, her every moment a testament to economy of movement.

"Tarisian Brandy," she said as she slid gently into the booth across from the trooper, "Something of a rarity given the ill omened nature of the planet. It's normally drunk by mercenaries and others of a fatalistic bent or with little to lose."

231521 smirked at her comment and passed an indicitive hand over his armor "that may be so but the question is do you have a similar tendency?" he asked as he sat his helmet on the bench beside him

"Do I have a tendency towards fatalism?" the brunette answered, rephrasing the question, "I would say 'surely not'. I'm something of a business woman. I do deal in exchanges between risk and reward. The pay for something fatalistic would be significant. I value my life highly."

Sahren carefully sat in the bench of the stormtrooper's booth, ensuring that she didn't make any threatening moves that would set him off. She leaned to her left, rolling up her right hip to keep access to her blaster clear and put her back up against the bench. The next move was the troopers and if he was working for the Empire she was ready to walk out. She wasn't too fond of these plastic hard cases.

"So... are you going to serve up that brandy?" she asked, knowing she couldn't well do it and be ready to draw her pistol. If this trooper wanted to talk to her he could take the risks. After all, she didn't know this man at all and had no reason to kill her. His intentions were completely unknown.

"Fucking space port regulations I mean so what if my pass had expiried its just me parking a damn ship on a fucking platform." Grek vented as they finally landed on Tatooine clearly upset at the long process they had to go through. Brylan just laughed it off and patted her on the back as the cargo bay door opened. "Alright everyone welcome to the hell hole desert planet of Tatooine, no offense dude," he said in quick apology to Annyr. Now that they were on the planet Brylan and Grek immediately began to argue about how to split the amount of credits they had. "Look I need the most because I have to pay for ship repairs which is very important." "Yeah right we both know you'd just spend it on some random piece of junk tech that you get so worked up about."

After some odd minutes of arguing they finally decided that it was best to split it 50/50 and be done with it as Grek walked off to go gather items to fix up the ship. Brylan just sighed and went back on board to grab the cargo of weapons left aboard the ship, "So which one of you guys wants to split the reward for these bad boys?"

231521 poured the drinks and layed along the bench with his head barely above the table the training he had received was deeply ingrained and he saw all attempts at nonchalant readiness to reach for a blaster he hoped this would ut her at ease just a little "My former pilot went as far as i paid and no further, i havent much for the danger that you will be put in but there is something older than even this brandy in it for you IF you are willing to help" he paused to drink some of the brandy "even though she was assigned to me she is my wife and my children are there as well, Kessel is no place for children you see but the ruthlessness of the empire was to ensure i served unwaveringly" another pause and drink "while i retrieve my family you may want to retrieve Ajuunta Paul's sword from the vault of one Darth Andromeda she is a fearsome warrior but not the fastest hyperspace route if you understand my meaning" this time he set his glass down "i only tell you about the artifact because i sense a certain air of treasure hunter about you, the sword is powerful but when hidden away again witht the right people money will be earned enough to purchase a star destroyer fresh from the space docks, or a small fleet fit for a pirate captain to raid star destroyers with" he sat up slowly and finished his drink " but if you dont want to help me and just take the reward and leave me high and dry, just remember you'll still need access codes to a closed loop security feed and to the vault itself" he put his helmet on and picked up his rifle "the choice is your help me save the galaxy and retire young or keep up the small time you and your hacker friend have been running with and possibly die young"

Annyr just brushed off the remark of tatooine being a hellhole and Brylan was right if you werent in a settlement/ farm you were a slave, in a rancor pit in jabba's palace, in a saarlac pit or in what came out the south end of a north bound kraayt dragon but it was still home to his people "i havent been away long and havent made as much progress as i had hoped i would but what i have is enough to be happy about in this hellhole i call home just watch out for we tusken are the devil" he quipped as he helped Brylan unload the guns

"Purchasing a Star Destroyer is one thing, crewing it is something else," she said with a grin, "Who can afford to pay a thousand people?"

The answer was neither here nor there and decidedly not to the point. It was more a stalling tactic for the consideration of the literal explosion of information. She wasn't used to prospective clients being so forthcoming. Normally they doled out information in spartan nuggets. It surprisingly, thanks to having never encountered it before, put her on guard. Was anything he said true? Was there really a family? If not, what would he have to gain? For one, the codes he offered might not even be legitimate.

"Unfortunately," she added, "you haven't offered me much of anything for passage beyond an idea for a heist. The security codes I could likely acquire on my own and, without yourself there... how could I be sure they were the real deal?"

The voice in her ear coughed. "The codes aren't really that easy to get..."

Taking a sip of the brandy Sahren ignored the voice for a moment.

"Maybe, a reliable bounty hunter on the party taking an equal cut, thus financing his new life with his family would be quite advantageous wouldn't you think?

"That way," she added a wry grin sweeping across her angular face, "if the codes are false, I can shoot you."

231521 barely heard bounty hunter but he didn't care what they thought his profession is or was "the code are real and so is my family but if you have no interest he stood grabbed his rifle by the barrel and turned to leave but stopped himself at the entrance to the cantina stood a squad of sandtroopers and their commanding officer he quickly ducked as far into the booth he could "poodoo what are they doing here?!" He tried to hide "fuck if the find me i'll be killed on spot for desertion and i'll definately never see my family again!! Fuck!"

"Oh! That explains it!" Riot's voice suddenly cried out in Sahren's ear loud enough to make Sahren wince, "I was searching for Stormtroopers and bounty hunters. I never thought to look at bounties. How much do you... Oh my! Sahren you should totally bag this guy! He's worth twenty five thousand credits!"

Great ghosts of hyperspace that girl was freaking loud when she got excited. Sahren's left ear was ringing. Still, she had no intention of turning in anyone wanted by the Empire. Anything she could do to slight the wrinkly bastard the happier she was. No, now that she had more bargaining room she was going to press.

"New deal," Sahren said, "I help you get out of here. You get free passage. You help me rob this tomb and get an equal share of the reward which you can then use to actually purchase a home for your family where they won't be found. How does that sound?"

"Yeah, sure don't need a cut for a safe place I've got one in mind just need passage to kessel I'll give you the codes to the vault and I'll be gone with my family" 231521 replied " hell just... you know what screw it I'll take your deal you look like you're done with other deal makings from me lead on"

Status
Not open for further replies.